Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204954 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15801: Aug 01, 2014 08:05:44 pm
      seriously you have to be pretty mental

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #15802: Aug 01, 2014 09:11:43 pm
      Not being a WUM, it's honestly just what I think about you. It's not the first time you've came up with a pointless and patronising reply to one of my posts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15803: Aug 01, 2014 09:55:18 pm
      I suppose it depends what you call high mate :)

Liverpool yet to reach agreement on new contract for Glen Johnson

Andy Hunter   

theguardian.com, Monday 19 May 2014 22.30 BST

Liverpool have yet to reach agreement on a new contract for Glen Johnson, with the defender seeking a longer deal than is currently on the table.

The England right-back enters the final 12 months of a £120,000-a-week contract this summer and has been offered an extra year by Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group.

FSG has reduced Liverpool's wage bill under the manager, Brendan Rodgers, but it is the length of the deal that has caused the impasse with the 29-year-old, who wants his contract extended beyond 2016.

Rodgers is not planning to offload Johnson this summer in the event of the contract remaining unsigned, with additions in central defence and left-back a greater priority.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/19/liverpool-new-contract-glen-johnson

Or maybe only £110k pw ?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-no-new-deal-7133454

I am not sure he has a reduced contract mate, he was supposedly offered a reduced contract last year but turned it down, apparently this season he was offered a one year deal on the same terms (£110/120k pw) but turned that down too.

I did read that he had reduced wages in his final year, but his original wages were £140k pw..... I know I found that hard to believe too!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209134/REVEALED-Liverpool-handed-Glen-Johnson-139-000-week-deal-beat-competition-Chelsea.html
      I suppose it's all relative mate - a sh*t-load of money to me and you - peanuts to a city player  ;D and it probably was the going rate for a club ranked 1 in Europe.

If we get rid, as long as it's for better, irrespective of cost, I don't care... but to get rid simply because you can get cheaper (not neccessarily better) elsewhere and it can cost the team, as we've seen in the past.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #15804: Aug 01, 2014 10:00:37 pm
      Johnson is on £120,000 a week?!!

holy mother of god.... 

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #15805: Aug 01, 2014 10:08:21 pm

holy mother of god.... 

No wonder they never renewed his contract
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15806: Aug 01, 2014 10:31:24 pm
      For four million getting an excellent striker. Whats the problem? Anyone who got over 20 goals + assists in the PL two years in a row is a very good player. He's getting older so I don't expect quite the same level of excellence, but seriously you have to be pretty mental to think that getting Lambert for four million is in anyway bad.

Caught a big one did I?

I was kidding. Calm down sunshine. He was good value for money and I thibk he'll do a decent job against the shitters. He even made it on Woys plane to Bwazil and looked decent in the friendlies. Don't think he'll bag over 10pl goals though. That is my prediction.

Wasn't he the saints prime penalty taker?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #15807: Aug 01, 2014 10:53:13 pm
      wow

Pics: Liverpool complete another summer signing!!

http://www.thickaccent.com/2014/08/02/pics-liverpool-complete-another-summer-signing/

saw this title, , don't be too much exited over players, but still a nice one  ;D

YNWA
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #15808: Aug 01, 2014 11:00:00 pm
      Yet we still end up with Lambert  :lmao:
      You can thank Stevie G for that. He was the one whispering in BR's ear. Once RL get's settled he will be a good move. Once he breaks that duck he'll be on cloud 9.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15809: Aug 01, 2014 11:02:51 pm
      You can thank Stevie G for that. He was the one whispering in BR's ear. Once RL get's settled he will be a good move. Once he breaks that duck he'll be on cloud 9.

Fair enough, that is your opinion. I however do not feel he will get sufficient playing time in order to perform to the standard he did last season. BR has made it pretty clear he wants another CF which only suggests that Rickie Lambert will be an impact sub. Will he have the pace and mobility to cement down a position in the starting XI?

wow

http://www.thickaccent.com/2014/08/02/pics-liverpool-complete-another-summer-signing/

saw this title, , don't be too much exited over players, but still a nice one  ;D

YNWA

You've just made Aussie Reds day ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,221 posts | 4919 
      Reply #15810: Aug 01, 2014 11:15:47 pm
      Meireles was the only one who would stand a chance at playing in our current team!!

An extremely small chance at that.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15811: Aug 01, 2014 11:45:41 pm
      Caught a big one did I?

I was kidding. Calm down sunshine. He was good value for money and I thibk he'll do a decent job against the shitters. He even made it on Woys plane to Bwazil and looked decent in the friendlies. Don't think he'll bag over 10pl goals though. That is my prediction.

Wasn't he the saints prime penalty taker?
      Mate, thats not how you do sarcasm. Try one of these  :f_tongueincheek::P;) or even  ;D:roll:

He scored 3 penalties each season in the prem, still keeping him in double figures goal scored minus pens for both. And I'm afraid to say that your posts in the transfer forum have not given anyone cause to give you the benefit of the doubt (as opposed to your posts outside the transfer forum, which I generally find to be of a high standard)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15812: Aug 02, 2014 12:12:11 am
      wow

YNWA

We should put her in the first team; she'd distract defences more than Luis did :P
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15813: Aug 02, 2014 12:45:51 am
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  1m
      Rodgers: "Balotelli is a big talent. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player. He is quick and his touch is terrific."

Get ready, this shits about to get heavy
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15814: Aug 02, 2014 12:48:36 am
      Rodgers: "Balotelli is a big talent. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player. He is quick and his touch is terrific."

Balotelli is the last player I expect us to even attempt to buy. He's a quality player, but his lack of application would make this a non-starter for us.

We can handle players with certain attitudes, but Rodgers wouldn't accept someone who wouldn't put an effort in.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15815: Aug 02, 2014 12:52:10 am
      Balotelli is the last player I expect us to even attempt to buy. He's a quality player, but his lack of application would make this a non-starter for us.

We can handle players with certain attitudes, but Rodgers wouldn't accept someone who wouldn't put an effort in.

I'd say you are right normally, but we have direct quotes from Rodgers saying he likes him. These aren't old quotes - Pearce asked him about Balotelli about an hour ago.
      My take on it is that Rodgers can sort out Balotelli, he is wasted on football because he could be out there bringing about world peace.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15816: Aug 02, 2014 12:54:28 am

I see an answer that has no question. Don't draw to0o much in to it just yet :)
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15817: Aug 02, 2014 12:54:56 am
      Though now I think about it, he is just saying it because we are playing AC Milan tomorrow. We aren't signing Balotelli. Meltdown averted.  :f_tongueincheek:
      (Though actually I wouldn't mind it just for the hell of it  ;D)
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15818: Aug 02, 2014 12:55:22 am
      I see an answer that has no question. Don't draw to0o much in to it just yet :)
      Quite so.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15819: Aug 02, 2014 01:05:24 am
      Mate, thats not how you do sarcasm. Try one of these  :f_tongueincheek::P;) or even  ;D:roll:

He scored 3 penalties each season in the prem, still keeping him in double figures goal scored minus pens for both. And I'm afraid to say that your posts in the transfer forum have not given anyone cause to give you the benefit of the doubt (as opposed to your posts outside the transfer forum, which I generally find to be of a high standard)

I guess I'm just missing PL football. There was little that could better going to the pub at lunchtime to watch us smash whoever we came up against. I've always hated summer transfers. It's all about the football for me.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15820: Aug 02, 2014 03:19:20 am
      wow

YNWA

Great signing, hopefully it'll lead to Claire Rourkes teeth and young boy haircut getting less screen time, oh and her horrible voice.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15821: Aug 02, 2014 03:33:54 pm

holy mother of god....
      Liverpool wanted to reduce it but he wouldn't so they have not been able to negiotate a new contract according to newspapers. I'm not sure Johnson has any passion to play for us since after this season he might not be with us anymore.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #15822: Aug 02, 2014 04:21:22 pm
      We are looking to bring in Konoplyanka, Bony, Manquillo and Moreno.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15823: Aug 02, 2014 04:31:10 pm
      We are looking to bring in Konoplyanka, Bony, Manquillo and Moreno.

If so, I'd consider it one of the best if not the best summer window in the premier league era for us.

Quick Reply