Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199423 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17227: Aug 20, 2014 11:05:13 pm
      From James Pearce:

Liverpool remain keen on Monaco’s Radamel Falcao and haven’t been put off by talk of a £12million loan fee. But the Colombian frontman still favours a move to Real Madrid.

The Reds have distanced themselves from reports linking them with Paris Saint-Germain’s Ezequiel Lavezzi and Fiorentina’s Giuseppe Rossi, while there are no plans to re-ignite their interest in Swansea’s Wilfried Bony.

AC Milan have dismissed speculation in Italy that the Reds have tabled a £17.5million bid for Mario Balotelli.

“At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli,” said AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani. “Hence, there is no negotiation.”

Also says Agger, Coates, Robinson, Assaidi, Borini and Ibe (loan) could be offloaded soon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/daniel-agger-could-set-anfield-7646964
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #17228: Aug 20, 2014 11:13:16 pm
      Telegraph is credible, looks like this is genuinely on the cards for Mad Mario.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17229: Aug 20, 2014 11:14:31 pm
      Re-open the Super Mario thread!!!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #17230: Aug 20, 2014 11:15:23 pm
      Balotelli or Falcao would be fantastic, I'm excited!!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #17231: Aug 20, 2014 11:16:01 pm
      A biter for a dart thrower.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17232: Aug 20, 2014 11:20:00 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17233: Aug 20, 2014 11:20:36 pm
      Buying Falcao AND Balotelli would be wrong. Why would we want 4 similar strikers? Wouldn't it make sense if it was Falcao and a striker/forward that likes to drift out wide or drop deeper and actually able to play a bit? That's what we lost in Suarez :/
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17234: Aug 20, 2014 11:20:53 pm
      Falcao over Mario every single second, minute, hour and day of the week in my opinion.
      That would be a colossal signing....massive statement from the club if this is true.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #17235: Aug 20, 2014 11:26:22 pm
      Falcao over Mario every single second, minute, hour and day of the week in my opinion.
      That would be a colossal signing....massive statement from the club if this is true.

I'm going to go with Mario. I just see it as the best option... Younger, cheaper and still a chance to mould into a BR type player.

Buzzing
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #17236: Aug 20, 2014 11:26:50 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #17237: Aug 20, 2014 11:30:55 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17238: Aug 20, 2014 11:31:00 pm
      From James Pearce:

Also says Agger, Coates, Robinson, Assaidi, Borini and Ibe (loan) could be offloaded soon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/daniel-agger-could-set-anfield-7646964

harsh on Robinson and Coates if sold. Think they both have huge futures in the game
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17239: Aug 20, 2014 11:41:46 pm
      harsh on Robinson and Coates if sold. Think they both have huge futures in the game

I don't think Robinson has a huge future in my opinion.
      Can see him doing ok at a low level perm team or a top championship club.
      Just don't think he has shown enough in the games i have seen of him over the years....though it has been mostly friendlies.
      Coates just needs a run of games, to feel that he is backed by a manager and a damn quick CB partner.
      He could do well for us and i agree he could have a huge future.
      Kind of player you can see being a integral player for a club like AC Milan.
      I just feel that the competition is tough at Anfield....love to keep him and give him the odd game.
      Better to give him another loan, much like Illori, and see where he is at come next summer.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17240: Aug 20, 2014 11:58:19 pm
      Can those of you coming up with reasons not to sign Falcao or Balotelli or moaning about it remember this.....

In the last couple of seasons we have signed strikers such as Milan Jovanovic, Andy Voronin, Ryan Babel, David N'Gog, Diouf and been linked with the likes of Carlton Cole.

Ill say no more
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17241: Aug 21, 2014 12:18:31 am
      Hilariously the Star have come up with the notion that the deal for Balotelli collapsed because of our insistence on a 'behaviour' clause.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395508/Liverpool-s-Mario-Balotelli-bid-blocked-as-Milan-refuse-to-sanction-good-behaviour-clause
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17242: Aug 21, 2014 12:24:05 am
      Can those of you coming up with reasons not to sign Falcao or Balotelli or moaning about it remember this.....

In the last couple of seasons we have signed strikers such as Milan Jovanovic, Andy Voronin, Ryan Babel, David N'Gog, Diouf and been linked with the likes of Carlton Cole.

Ill say no more

1) Jovanovic was a right laugh... Milan Jovanovic Liverpool Tribute

2) Voronin one of our great number 10's.. Andriy Voronin goodbye and thank you

3) Babel out of all them weren't as bad as we make out, looking back at this he could definitely cross the ball well... Ryan Babel 2010-11 Liverpool Farewell

4) N'Gog I just remember his goal against United...

5) Diouf's a c**t.

6) Carlton Cole? How dare you use such profanity on this forum, you'll be saying Darren Bent next.

;D:f_tongueincheek:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17243: Aug 21, 2014 12:26:41 am
      Hilariously the Star have come up with the notion that the deal for Balotelli collapsed because of our insistence on a 'behaviour' clause.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395508/Liverpool-s-Mario-Balotelli-bid-blocked-as-Milan-refuse-to-sanction-good-behaviour-clause

5 year contract and on good behaviour he gets out halfway through right? They're the usual good behaviour terms sure.

In all seriousness, the Star say we are insisting on this clause but then go on to say that Milan have said that they've had no offers. :laugh:
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #17244: Aug 21, 2014 12:44:40 am
      Love how Balotelli dislikes that sh*t rag.

I think we are the perfect club for him and I couldn't care less if he's in the papers for the wrong things. We are the black sheep of the premier league if you believe the media. The only difference is that there may be a small bit of truth in the sh*t they write if we do sign him.

If we sign him he'd have to become a team player, which may be easier in a squad that has players around the same age as him.

Another plus is the fact that if he starts acting up we don't have to play him, we have options, unlike a few seasons ago (As Brian78 pointed out) where we had N'Gog and that was it. We are also very tactically flexible and can play with a single striker or a partnership. The days of playing people that are not performing are coming to an end thankfully and Balotelli would have to pull his weight if he wanted to play.

djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #17245: Aug 21, 2014 03:33:42 am
      Based on my observations, Falcao could get about 20 goals, Balotelli would get 12-15 goals if they play for Liverpool. Cavani would get about 18.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #17246: Aug 21, 2014 04:11:51 am

Ill say no more

Exactly.

If the deal is bargain, sign Balotelli up quickly - it will be a steal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17247: Aug 21, 2014 04:31:55 am
      I liked Ryan Babel! He was just weak mentally. If only he put in the effort, he would of been a terrific player.

Still a no from me for Balotelli and i don't see this one happening.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #17248: Aug 21, 2014 04:47:41 am
      I always thought we could be the "right" club for Balotelli, the same way I always knew we would rescue Sturridge.. the past couple of years I've had doubts creep in about Mario, though he has been in an average team at Milan and not always starting.. it's a pretty tough one, but considering the guys talent, and our managers ability to get the team together, it could be a great transfer if we snag him for say under 15million pounds.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17249: Aug 21, 2014 05:05:19 am
      http://www.businessinsider.com/mario-balotelli-fined-suspended-2012-3?op=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pqsh2Ejoz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BepDexjVfG0

Thought this would be appropriate :D

It's quite simple, sign him and tell the youth players that if they do not become world class Balotelli will use their head as a dart board!

Quick Reply