Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199483 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19389: Mar 02, 2015 11:06:02 pm
      We got one he has just been poor.

One? We signed two and had another return from loan.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #19390: Mar 03, 2015 04:53:01 am
      One? We signed two and had another return from loan.

I suppose you're right but Balo was in theory the more suitable of them in terms of covering Sturridge w/out changing our formation
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #19391: Mar 03, 2015 06:48:55 am
      Getting no games all season? Don't see how that benefits him mate which he wouldn't have until the system switch and probably without the 20 odd games in a first team he's had

We were all agreed he wasn't ready for Prem football at this stage of the game Jon, so what's wrong with keeping hold of him and his ilk and hone their skills?
      As an afterthought when we were winning everything pre-90's it was never accepted practice to loan out our starlets and to all intents and purposes it appears we reaped the benefits.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #19392: Mar 03, 2015 06:49:58 am
      We got one he has just been poor.

You get what you pay for.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19393: Mar 03, 2015 07:01:41 am
      We were all agreed he wasn't ready for Prem football at this stage of the game Jon, so what's wrong with keeping hold of him and his ilk and hone their skills?
      As an afterthought when we were winning everything pre-90's it was never accepted practice to loan out our starlets and to all intents and purposes it appears we reaped the benefits.

Footballs changed Stuey in the last 25 years mate

Personally I think he would learn more playing regular football than simply training and playing in the 21s
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19394: Mar 03, 2015 07:15:25 am
      Footballs changed Stuey in the last 25 years mate

Personally I think he would learn more playing regular football than simply training and playing in the 21s

Football has changed so everyone keeps telling me, but Bill  Shankly  must of had the smartest football brain of the century. We had the first wing/fullbacks as you call them today in Chris Lawler and Alec Lindsay, we converted strikers into midfielders and you know what we had Centre Forwards/strikers who could put the ball in the opposition net. Yes the game has changed but not always for the better.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19395: Mar 03, 2015 07:30:33 am

Either way though mate we are where we are with him and right now he is ready for first team football and is having a positive effect in the first 11

You know I respect your view mate, I don't often disagree with your reading of things to he honest. I'm pleased he is here now and the lad looks a right talent
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #19396: Mar 03, 2015 09:20:26 am
      Either way though mate we are where we are with him and right now he is ready for first team football and is having a positive effect in the first 11

You know I respect your view mate, I don't often disagree with your reading of things to he honest. I'm pleased he is here now and the lad looks a right talent

Same as Jon, what is a forum for but a vehicle to put forward differing opinions on a theme, long may it continue.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19397: Mar 03, 2015 12:17:07 pm
      Seems to be circulating stories that we are interested in Villarreal forward, Luciano Vietto. We have apparently scouted him numerous times this season and also last season before he joined Villarreal.

He has scored 18 goals and created 8 in just 36 games for Villarreal this season and he has adjusted to the Spanish league effortlessly.

Most seem to be talking about Mauro Icardi and Paulo Dybala but from what I've seen of all 3, Vietto would be my choice. Dybala seems so one-footed and one-dimensional whilst Icardi seems to be very inconsistent and quite temperamental too.

Vietto also has a reported buy-out clause of £12m or thereabouts which is exceptional value for someone who is touted as the next Sergio Aguero. Now I hate it when we have the 'next Messi' or the 'next Ronaldo' but with Vietto the similarities with his game and Aguero's is genuinely uncanny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-HXGvOaSY#ws

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #19398: Mar 03, 2015 12:30:44 pm
      Really like the look of this kid.

No offence mate but we have a General Transfer Gossip thread for posts like this no need to set up a new thread on the Kop board for every player we are link to.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19399: Mar 03, 2015 12:36:14 pm
      Oops, sorry.

Just noticed that now. Mods - feel free to move over to that other thread.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19400: Mar 03, 2015 12:38:37 pm
      Next season (make it happen Brendan)...

Mignolet

Schär - Skrtel - Sakho

Clyne - Can - Henderson - Moreno

Coutinho - Sterling

Sturridge

Subs: Ryan, Flanagan, Lovren, Schneiderlin, Ibe, Lallana, Vietto

Mat Ryan - £5m
      Fabian Schär - £0m
      Nathaniel Clyne - £15m
      Morgan Schneiderlin - £15m
      Luciano Vietto - £15m
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #19401: Mar 03, 2015 12:43:22 pm
      Next season (make it happen Brendan)...

Mignolet

Schär - Skrtel - Sakho

Clyne - Can - Henderson - Moreno

Coutinho - Sterling

Sturridge

Subs: Ryan, Lovren, Allen, Schneiderlin, Ibe, Lallana, Vietto

Mat Ryan - £5m
      Fabian Schär - £0m
      Nathaniel Clyne - £15m
      Luciano Vietto - £15m

Clyne £15m?

Double that mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #19402: Mar 03, 2015 12:49:26 pm

Absolutely.... seeing as though Fat boy Shaw went for £30M or near enough and Clyne is a better player.

Obviously Ibe and Marko are not rated!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19403: Mar 03, 2015 12:54:24 pm
      Subs: Ryan, Flanagan, Lovren, Schneiderlin, Ibe, Lallana, Vietto

Mat Ryan - £5m
      Fabian Schär - £0m
      Nathaniel Clyne - £15m
      Luciano Vietto - £15m
      What no place for Origi?

I know he's been pish at Lille but that could be down to his head being here so not even giving him a place on the bench might be a tad harsh mate.  :f_tongueincheek:

Oh and... if you could guarantee those five for £50m - I'd get you the money myself. ;D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19404: Mar 03, 2015 01:00:01 pm
      What no place for Origi?

I know he's been pish at Lille but that could be down to his head being here so not even giving him a place on the bench might be a tad harsh mate.  :f_tongueincheek:

Oh and... if you could guarantee those five for £50m - I'd get you the money myself. ;D

All about the squad game. I just feel Vietto is a much better striker than Origi and would trump him for the main games.

I'm a tad optimistic at £50m (probably looking at around £70m realistically).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19405: Mar 03, 2015 01:05:56 pm
      I'm sure we'll be looking at one or two incomings this summer but for me the main objective should be honing the squad from what we already have and selling on those who aren't going to feature.

I'd doubt very much that we're going to spend much more than £30m, even if we achieve CL qualification.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19406: Mar 03, 2015 01:53:29 pm
      I'm sure we'll be looking at one or two incomings this summer but for me the main objective should be honing the squad from what we already have and selling on those who aren't going to feature.

I'd doubt very much that we're going to spend much more than £30m, even if we achieve CL qualification.

Is that net spend with the £30m? I don't want to see us go out and spend £100m+ again, it's great when good players get brought in but it's a pain in the arse when it comes to the team settling and performing. I can see Origi and Ings coming in with Borini and Balo leaving (I'd prefer Lambert to leave before Balo though). Without fully knowing about Enrique's situation it wouldn't surprise me to see him offered out to clubs, he doesn't have the best injury record.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19407: Mar 03, 2015 01:56:19 pm
      Mat Ryan - £5m
      Fabian Schär - £0m
      Nathaniel Clyne - £15m
      Luciano Vietto - £15m

haha, more like 45-50mil for Clyne and Morgan combined.. good luck with that!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #19408: Mar 03, 2015 02:01:10 pm

I agree with you debs. I expect the striker situation to evolve in one way or another and quite possibly a replacement for Stevie, but we have a good team and I wouldn't want it to be fussed with too much.

Btw what are your thoughts on the futures of Ilori, Tex, Alberto et al?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #19409: Mar 03, 2015 02:06:04 pm
      I agree with you debs. I expect the striker situation to evolve in one way or another and quite possibly a replacement for Stevie, but we have a good team and I wouldn't want it to be fussed with too much.

Ilori won't be going anywhere.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19410: Mar 03, 2015 02:21:57 pm
      Is that net spend with the £30m?

It's what I expect to be spent on new players mate regardless of outs so no, not "net" necessarily.

I'd say if any of them were to leave it would be Alberto, he doesn't have the pace that Brendan requires from his players even though he has the technique. 

Tex is touch and go at the moment but he could still force his way into Brendans plans. 

Illori I can't see him going anywhere, he's absolutely perfect for the RCB position.  The only thing that might prevent him staying with us are the amount of injuries he's been picking up this season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19411: Mar 03, 2015 02:25:48 pm
      Indeed mate and squad players is something we have plenty of.  :gt-happyup:

Quick Reply