Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200106 times
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19642: Mar 25, 2015 04:55:20 pm
      hasnt this lad had some major injuries the past 2 seasons, do we really want to spend more money on another CB?

Personally I believe he is wasted as a CB. I believe he should be played as a DM, where Schalke often played him in the later stages of the Champion's League.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19643: Mar 25, 2015 06:42:50 pm
      ESPN reporting we're "monitoring" Neil Taylor's contract situation at Swansea: http://www.espnfc.us/story/2365847/liverpool-monitoring-neil-taylor-contract-situation-at-swansea-sources

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19644: Mar 25, 2015 06:43:56 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #19645: Mar 25, 2015 06:51:31 pm
      He is perhaps the only player of Greek origin who is an actual blue chip player. I would like to see his passport just to check he is actually Greek, because he is the antithesis of a typical Greek player. Would not look out of place on a side like Real Madrid.
      Huge pace, physically extremely strong, pro-active, strong tackler but not reckless. When he has played DM he has looked imposing and can spread the play exceptionally well with both feet. At CB he takes care of everything in the air and controls the area. Any game he plays in, you notice him. He imposes his game on the play.

The negatives.. Some nasty injuries - many brought about because he gives everything. His last injuries however are not as serious, even though they kept him out. He had a dislocated shoulder last year for example.

Overall, this is a blue chip player - most teams who include him in their 11 raise a couple of levels. Before his injuries at Schalke he was a cult player, his development has been remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLJQu-fHw8#ws

Isn't this the kid we were supposedly in for not so long ago? Schalke CB, the next big thing?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #19646: Mar 25, 2015 06:53:29 pm
      I'm a huge fan of Kyriakos Papadopoulos.

I remember reading in World Soccer magazine around 8 years ago or so (KP was aged 15) when he was profiled as 'one for the future' and how Alex Ferguson went out to meet his father regarding his potential. He then broke into Olympiakos' team and moved to Germany. I don't think Alex ever went in for him in the end but he had always been noted as a player with huge potential even aged just 15.

Just edited to add this link (I do have a good memory) - http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/why-man-utd-are-sign-kyriakos-papadopoulos-after-four-years-watching-3252551#.VRK-WvmsV9k

We'd have a Mama and a Papa for our backline ;D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19647: Mar 25, 2015 08:29:50 pm
      Sportsmediasat in Italy now reporting that LFC could make a £22m move for Mateo Kovacic of Inter Milan.

Imagine signing Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Mateo Kovacic and Luciano Vietto for under £40m - they all fit the FSG remit of young talent with huge potential.

Sell Raheem Sterling for £40m and we could improve our squad immensely with those three above alone.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19648: Mar 25, 2015 08:33:52 pm
      Isn't this the kid we were supposedly in for not so long ago? Schalke CB, the next big thing?

Correct.

Brendan Rodgers apparently wanted him before we got Mamadou Sakho. At the time KP was priced at £16m but the club were put off with his niggling injuries and troublesome knee. However, £4.4m (which is reportedly Schalke's asking price) would be less of a gamble I guess.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19649: Mar 25, 2015 10:28:18 pm
      Sportsmediasat in Italy now reporting that LFC could make a £22m move for Mateo Kovacic of Inter Milan.

Imagine signing Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Mateo Kovacic and Luciano Vietto for under £40m - they all fit the FSG remit of young talent with huge potential.

I have my doubts over Papadopoulos' knee, but Kovacic and Vietto would be boss signings. Therefore, we won't make either of them haha

But seriously, the more I see of Vietto, the more I think he's going to be a top class striker. And Kovacic's vision is excellent for such a young CM.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #19650: Mar 25, 2015 10:59:59 pm

Sell Raheem Sterling for £40m and we could improve our squad immensely with those three above alone.

Or keep Sterling and improve it even more.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19651: Mar 25, 2015 11:05:01 pm
      they all fit the FSG remit of young talent with huge potential.

Exactly, potential. We apparently have an abundance of potential so how about we start signing a few established, top class players before any more potential because all that will happen is the last load of potential we signed will get shipped out on loan to accommodate the new lot of potential that is signed
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19652: Mar 26, 2015 08:26:04 am
      We'd have a Mama and a Papa for our backline ;D

:D

They can make their own type of music back there

Exactly, potential. We apparently have an abundance of potential so how about we start signing a few established, top class players before any more potential because all that will happen is the last load of potential we signed will get shipped out on loan to accommodate the new lot of potential that is signed

Defo lad

Thing is if we don't start adding ready made quality around the great basis of young talent we have then we will neither ever take the step to competing for titles rather than battling for top 4 and we won't be able to keep the talent we have when it reaches its potential as they want to be going where they can win things on a regular basis

The only thing we lack right now is that 1 or 2 real top class talents

I'm so hoping we add them this summer
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19653: Mar 26, 2015 08:30:13 am

Spot on mate.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19654: Mar 26, 2015 08:31:20 am

I prefer music to p.m.s
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #19655: Mar 26, 2015 08:59:04 am
       :mad:

I really despair over our pathetic attitude in the transfer market we need men not boys, how long can they keep this up before all our better underpaid players see this structure can never succeed in reality in terms of actual on field success, while our closest rivals go for it all out we're looking at Neil Taylor WHY.
      I've seen Kovacic a lot and all I've been left thinking was he's nothing special and sulks when things are not going his way then he gets taken off or sent off like he did in the World Cup.
      What's going on With Pjanic thought we were in for him but I suppose he doesn't fit our transfer profile on account of him already being genuine top quality.

:f_steam:
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19656: Mar 26, 2015 11:22:02 am
      Billy Liddell @Liddellpool  ·  1h 1 hour ago
      Miralem Pjanic is "ready to say yes" to #LFC this summer (Corriere dello sport)

Billy Liddell @Liddellpool  ·  Mar 21
      Glen Johnson is now “practically” a Roma player, acc to  Gazzetta dello Sport.

Both the above claims were actually printed in the respective newspapers. Having checked on the reliability of both papers, they both seem to be highly respected and are the 4th and 10th most read sports publications in Europe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #19657: Mar 26, 2015 11:36:48 am
      Billy Liddell @Liddellpool  ·  1h 1 hour ago
      Miralem Pjanic is "ready to say yes" to #LFC this summer (Corriere dello sport)

Billy Liddell @Liddellpool  ·  Mar 21
      Glen Johnson is now “practically” a Roma player, acc to  Gazzetta dello Sport.

Both the above claims were actually printed in the respective newspapers. Having checked on the reliability of both papers, they both seem to be highly respected and are the 4th and 10th most read sports publications in Europe.

I would love Pjanic to be here next season, please let it be true.

insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19658: Mar 26, 2015 11:39:42 am
      I would love Pjanic to be here next season, please let it be true.

Me too. He ran Bosnia's midfield in the World Cup and was pulling the strings in all their games and was their standout player for me. He would be a 'marquee' signing for sure.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19659: Mar 26, 2015 11:42:01 am

Defo lad

Thing is if we don't start adding ready made quality around the great basis of young talent we have then we will neither ever take the step to competing for titles rather than battling for top 4 and we won't be able to keep the talent we have when it reaches its potential as they want to be going where they can win things on a regular basis

The only thing we lack right now is that 1 or 2 real top class talents

I'm so hoping we add them this summer

Been saying this for two years. Furthermore, it takes a player longer to develop if he hasn't got experience in the team to learn from so its ultimately self harming. Much has been made of our run since the turn of the year but really, it's only something special because of the start we had. The teams we've won are teams we should be routinely beating anyway, City being the exception. The inexperience in our side has been shown up from the first game onwards, embarrassing ourselves both domestically and especially in the Champions league where we arguably had the easiest ride in to the next round of any English team. Henderson for all his improvements, does not convince me as a Captain either. Last Sunday when we needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, he looked like a deer in headlights. He does a good enough job in the smaller games but he is not a big game Captain.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19660: Mar 26, 2015 02:14:55 pm
      All these people wanting Pjanic, how would you play him? where will he fit in?

The way I see it, as good as he is, he'll be the wrong buy and a player we don't need.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #19661: Mar 26, 2015 03:02:13 pm

The way I see it, as good as he is, he'll be the wrong buy and a player we don't need.

You would not want a player who would be an upgrade on all our current CM options, a strange opinion.

The way I see it he is a upgrade on Henderson and Allen.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19662: Mar 26, 2015 03:06:41 pm

If we sign Miralem Pjanic, he will be the best midfielder we have at the club. Absolutely no doubt about it. We are losing a midfielder in Steven Gerrard so it is essential we need to add another one to the fold.

Where would I play him?

Hendo - Can - Pjanic

Coutinho

Sturridge - Vietto
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #19663: Mar 26, 2015 03:15:10 pm

I think his best position is as a playmaking central midfielder, but he's got the ability to play further forward as a '10'. Putting him alongside two atheletes like Can and Henderson, as insideanfield has above, could work brilliantly. No doubt about it he'd be a great addition to the midfield, although unless Can makes the defensive midfield position his own, I still think we should prioritise a more defensive midfielder than Pjanic. That said, I'd love to get him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19664: Mar 26, 2015 03:30:01 pm
      I rate Henderson highly and feel he can offer just as much as Pjanic for the team, he just needs a defensive ball player next to him. I like that extra protection in the midfield (which Henderson offers) and would prefer a defensive ball player rather than attacking, a player who can play in Lucas' position or next to him for a more defensive setup, just preference I guess.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015 03:45:31 pm by PurpleMonkey »

Quick Reply