Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179242 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19665: Mar 26, 2015 05:32:26 pm
      We also seem to be linked with Mateo Kovacic who would represent a cheaper alternative to Miralem Pjanic.

It seems his career has stagnated somewhat at Inter and its always good to read the forums of other clubs. The Inter forum peeps say they have mismanaged a very good talent and that they always struggle to nurture youngsters properly (Bonucci, Coutinho, Destro etc) so they wouldn't be loathe to lose him for around £20m.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #19666: Mar 26, 2015 05:54:51 pm
      We also seem to be linked with Mateo Kovacic who would represent a cheaper alternative to Miralem Pjanic.

Well anytime there is a cheaper alternative than you can be sure we are scouting the player very hard.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #19667: Mar 26, 2015 06:02:47 pm
      Well anytime there is a cheaper alternative than you can be sure we are scouting the player very hard.

;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19668: Mar 26, 2015 06:38:15 pm
      All these people wanting Pjanic, how would you play him? where will he fit in?

The way I see it, as good as he is, he'll be the wrong buy and a player we don't need.

I am inclined to agree with this to be honest. On paper he seems like he'd be a boss signing but I have a lot of doubts as to whether he would be a success or not. Id like to know who the last player from Serie A was that actually turned out to be a  worthwhile signing was. Off the top of my head; Veron, Shevchenko, Dossena, Aquilani, Borini and others have all been a bad bit of business.

I know it doesn't mean that Pjanic will follow in them footsteps but it doesn't feel me with confidence.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19669: Mar 26, 2015 07:02:21 pm
      I am inclined to agree with this to be honest. On paper he seems like he'd be a boss signing but I have a lot of doubts as to whether he would be a success or not. Id like to know who the last player from Serie A was that actually turned out to be a  worthwhile signing was. Off the top of my head; Veron, Shevchenko, Dossena, Aquilani, Borini and others have all been a bad bit of business.

I know it doesn't mean that Pjanic will follow in them footsteps but it doesn't feel me with confidence.

Coutinhooooooo!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19670: Mar 26, 2015 07:20:52 pm

Fair point but I don't think he is the best of examples to be honest. Sure we got him from Italy but he was only there for not even 3 years, made few appearances and went on loan to Espanyol.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #19671: Mar 26, 2015 07:37:55 pm
      If we sign Pjanic, Kovacic and Vietto this Summer I will be ecstatic!!!!!!!!!

If we sell Balotelli, Borini and Lambert it will be the icing on the cake!

All sounds too good to be true though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19672: Mar 26, 2015 07:55:18 pm
      I remember watching Kovacic in the World Cup and wasn't impressed at all. One very noticeable aspect was how rigid he was, looked to be overweight too. Will have to watch Inter when they're on next and see if he's the same or improved :)

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19673: Mar 26, 2015 08:09:13 pm
      Fair point but I don't think he is the best of examples to be honest. Sure we got him from Italy but he was only there for not even 3 years, made few appearances and went on loan to Espanyol.

True, but neither is Borini. He only spent one season in Serie A more time in English football.

Though I think you are correct in your overall point because the styles of football between the two leagues is so different.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #19674: Mar 26, 2015 09:31:03 pm
      I know Kovacic from the Dinamo Zagreb days. Very talented midfielder who can play almost every position in midfield (he lacks in defense though). Has great touch and vision and i believe he will be great player someday. Since he left to Inter he hasn't been performing regular for some reason, but then again also Cou was not good enough for them.

This season also scored beautiful goal against Lazio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh6HFU4BD_Q#ws

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19675: Mar 27, 2015 10:07:13 pm
      I heard that we signed someone today, don't know what league or nationality he is, is it true?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19676: Mar 27, 2015 10:20:15 pm
      I heard that we signed someone today, don't know what league or nationality he is, is it true?

I doubt it.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19677: Mar 27, 2015 10:31:49 pm
      I thought so, it's an agreement for the summer I thought, I know we can't sign no one now but an agreement contract may be a thing.
      This source will be untrusted if it's not a thing...
      I'll find out more tomorrow.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19678: Mar 27, 2015 11:55:25 pm

If true, most likely a player on a free transfer in the summer? Neto, Khedira, Luiz Adriano, Ings, Konoplyanka, Milner, Sergio Romero or Alves? :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19679: Mar 28, 2015 06:00:32 pm
      You would not want a player who would be an upgrade on all our current CM options, a strange opinion.  The way I see it he is a upgrade on Henderson and Allen.

Exactly.  Cringeworthy some of the comments around here, "no, we can't bring in that top class player, what would then happen to my favourite rubbish player?!"

I'm of the opinion that we need a total revamp in midfield.  Rip it up and start from scratch.  Put Can at the base of the midfield as a DM, we know he can do it AND get forward.  Bring in Pjanic.  And Coutinho as the AM.  if Henderson and Allen are so amazing, they will end up playing better than Pjanic and send him to the bench.  But I think when we see someone like Pjanic come in, we will start to see what a REAL top class midfielder looks like these days. 

so Can The Enforcer as DM, Pjanic as CM, Coutinho as AM.  Ibe, Sterling, and Sturridge in the front three.  That's a league winning combination there IMO.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19680: Mar 29, 2015 12:58:54 pm
      Exactly.  Cringeworthy some of the comments around here, "no, we can't bring in that top class player, what would then happen to my favourite rubbish player?!"

I'm of the opinion that we need a total revamp in midfield.  Rip it up and start from scratch.  Put Can at the base of the midfield as a DM, we know he can do it AND get forward.  Bring in Pjanic.  And Coutinho as the AM.  if Henderson and Allen are so amazing, they will end up playing better than Pjanic and send him to the bench.  But I think when we see someone like Pjanic come in, we will start to see what a REAL top class midfielder looks like these days. 

so Can The Enforcer as DM, Pjanic as CM, Coutinho as AM.  Ibe, Sterling, and Sturridge in the front three.  That's a league winning combination there IMO.

Revamping the midfield would be nice and I agree with you it should be done at some point but it isn't important right now. We need to sort the defence and the attack out before we sort the middle of the part. The defence cost us the title last season, both may well have cost us top four this season. Going from 84 goals scored with a goal difference of 45 this time last season to 44 goals scored and a goal difference of 12 this season shows we have far bigger problems than a dysfunctional midfield. Titles are won on keeping goals out of your net and banging goals in your oppositions and we haven't done near enough of either this season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19681: Mar 29, 2015 01:52:37 pm
      On current form we could get pjanic on the cheap as he's been pretty awful recently
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19682: Mar 29, 2015 01:56:05 pm
      On current form we could get pjanic on the cheap as he's been pretty awful recently

Pjanic won't be cheap regardless of current form.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19683: Mar 30, 2015 10:54:00 am
      Last week's rumor summary

- Kovacic apparently 'desperate' to jon us. Price tag 23mil
      - Milner deal is apparently sorted for 125k-a-week
      - Immobile potentially our striker target. Price tag 13mil
      - Martin Montaya links continue to surface
      - Neto moving to Juve, meaning our interest in Matt Ryan has increased
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19684: Mar 30, 2015 02:01:37 pm

Damn, hugely disappointed with this :(
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19685: Mar 30, 2015 10:54:01 pm
      Last week's rumor summary

- Kovacic apparently 'desperate' to jon us. Price tag 23mil
      - Milner deal is apparently sorted for 125k-a-week
      - Immobile potentially our striker target. Price tag 13mil
      - Martin Montaya links continue to surface

I think we already have enough Immobile strikers at the club...I'll grab my coat  :f_whistle:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19686: Mar 31, 2015 09:26:18 am
      I think we already have enough Immobile strikers at the club...I'll grab my coat  :f_whistle:

haha.. true that  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #19687: Mar 31, 2015 02:43:04 pm
      Marcel Van de Kraan Dutch football reporter on talk sport saying our scouts have been seen regularly with Memphis Depay's agent in the stands.

Possible replacement if Raheem decides to leave.

Quick Reply