Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204611 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #21367: Jul 03, 2015 03:45:09 pm
      Allen reportedly getting a new contract, so if we were to sell a DM, I guess it would be Lucas? :(

Is there any new info on Allen's contract? He's been reportedly getting one for quite some time.

Edit: Haha, just checked the echo. Fair play
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #21368: Jul 03, 2015 03:49:17 pm
      Allen reportedly getting a new contract, so if we were to sell a DM, I guess it would be Lucas? :(

In my humble opinion, he has done NOTHING to warrant a new contract. When we were in a freefall last Oct/Nov, Lucas was the one who came in and steadied the ship.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21369: Jul 03, 2015 03:54:40 pm
      I think Lucas's time at this club has come and gone. Futile hanging onto him for much longer.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21370: Jul 03, 2015 06:31:29 pm
      In my humble opinion, he has done NOTHING to warrant a new contract. When we were in a freefall last Oct/Nov, Lucas was the one who came in and steadied the ship.

Can't argue with this.

Huge mistake to let Lucas go. Here just short of 10 years, binning him the same summer as Stevie will be a disaster who will lead the dressing room? Lucas is an unsung hero when he's in the team were better simple as that
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #21371: Jul 03, 2015 11:05:43 pm
      Totally off post but just had to share this....just been watching us beat Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup Final.
      What a team!  Fowler in the same team as Owen - what a combination.  Heskey, Berger, Macallister, Carragher, Gerrard but to name a few.  Please God we'll have a squad and first 11 to challenge for ALL trophies and ALL titles next season.  That is what Liverpool is about.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21372: Jul 03, 2015 11:39:28 pm
      Totally off post but just had to share this....just been watching us beat Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup Final.
      What a team!  Fowler in the same team as Owen - what a combination.  Heskey, Berger, Macallister, Carragher, Gerrard but to name a few.  Please God we'll have a squad and first 11 to challenge for ALL trophies and ALL titles next season.  That is what Liverpool is about.

The thing about that team was something we didn't have an ounce of last season - conviction. There is quality in our squad but unlike that team they have no conviction. The lack of leadership throughout is no doubt a major cause of that and dare I say it a lack of character both individually and as a team as well. If you can't marry quality with conviction then you're hopeless - Sterling being a prime example of that. We've got a lot to do to build up a bit of mental strength again.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #21374: Jul 04, 2015 02:31:31 am
      I think Lucas's time at this club has come and gone. Futile hanging onto him for much longer.

Disagree strongly. Came back from TWO massive injuries and lifted the squad AND the fans on both occasions. Top individual. Would be very upset to see him go.

I feel this way despite his limitations on the pitch.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #21375: Jul 04, 2015 06:27:05 am

I would rather spend ÂŁ8m on Hernandez than ÂŁ32m on Benteke. Particularly if we can spend the difference on a classy DM.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #21376: Jul 04, 2015 10:29:27 am
      Also, what do you think of Eduardo Vargas ? Looks like a beast at Copa America, at QPR he struggled in the first half of the season, then he was pretty good ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOYoICz0DSQ
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21377: Jul 04, 2015 10:36:49 am
      Also, what do you think of Eduardo Vargas ? Looks like a beast at Copa America, at QPR he struggled in the first half of the season, then he was pretty good ...

I liked him in the world cup and I like him in copa, same with Isla. I think they would've done well for us last season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21378: Jul 04, 2015 11:41:37 am
      More chance of me having a 6 way with girls aloud then Utd selling Hernandez to us
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21379: Jul 04, 2015 06:09:47 pm

nothing special at all, not really done much week in week out in club football, nothing better than we have now tone honest
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21380: Jul 04, 2015 07:25:22 pm

He was absolutely brilliant for La U and usually plays well for Chile, I remember at the time when La U won the Copa Sudamericana I was all about signing him, then Napoli snapped him up and I was pretty disappointed. However, to be fair, he hasn't really proved himself outside of Chile in club football, some good moments here and there but not much consistency either in Italy or England, or even in Brazil when he was on loan at Gremio. I do think the talent is there but it would be a huge gamble if we were to seriously consider him - definitely not the answer.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #21381: Jul 04, 2015 08:55:36 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-transfers-pedro-rodriguez-9588340

Keep seeing Pedro linked and preferring a move here vs Arsenal. Any truth to this? I'd cream my jeans seeing a midfield consisting of him, Firmino, Coutinho, Hendo, Can, Milner, etc
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #21382: Jul 04, 2015 09:08:26 pm
      A fantastic supersub , i can't ever remember him playing a full game for the mancs , but when he did come on against us he usually scored the little fecker . Anyway i remember we had a player like that in the 70s a gingey fella he was but boy was he the ultimate supersub , never to be replicated .

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21383: Jul 04, 2015 09:09:19 pm
      Keita Diao anyone?  Aren't Lazio interested in Borini?

Liverpool and Inter are interested in Lazio's Keita Balde Diao but his agent does not expect him to be sold, according to Radio Sei.

However, the 20-year-old Spanish forward would relish a move to Liverpool, his representative Ulisse Savini revealed.

“For years there have been several offers coming in, but considering the situation I have to say this summer they are particularly interesting,” he said.

“I personally spoke to Lazio and they said his sale is not predicted. It’s only natural that he isn’t satisfied with the situation, so we are evaluating other options.
      “Liverpool have a manager who relishes attacking players like Keita. It is a destination we would like, but we have to verify a series of situations. So far I have not had any direct contact with Liverpool.
      “Inter? I have an excellent rapport with them and know they are seeking wide attackers. The Nerazzurri really like Keita, but I think right now they are aiming for other objectives.
      “In life you never know, as you might not get the first target and go for a second. I wouldn’t rule them out.”
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21384: Jul 04, 2015 09:17:18 pm

Liverpool and Inter are interested in Lazio's Keita Balde Diao but his agent does not expect him to be sold, according to Radio Sei.

However, the 20-year-old Spanish forward would relish a move to Liverpool, his representative Ulisse Savini revealed.

“For years there have been several offers coming in, but considering the situation I have to say this summer they are particularly interesting,” he said.

“I personally spoke to Lazio and they said his sale is not predicted. It’s only natural that he isn’t satisfied with the situation, so we are evaluating other options.
      “Liverpool have a manager who relishes attacking players like Keita. It is a destination we would like, but we have to verify a series of situations. So far I have not had any direct contact with Liverpool.
      “Inter? I have an excellent rapport with them and know they are seeking wide attackers. The Nerazzurri really like Keita, but I think right now they are aiming for other objectives.
      “In life you never know, as you might not get the first target and go for a second. I wouldn’t rule them out.”

I saw earlier on the Transfer Centre that Lazio's first bid is €5m. I'd tell 'em to do one if that's the case.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #21385: Jul 04, 2015 10:09:07 pm

Pedro won't leave, sport or md have sold him in every transfer window since he came through the ranks
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #21386: Jul 05, 2015 11:26:19 am

Lad's a bit (very) raw Debs. But there's definitely a jewel in there whether it's a diamond or costume jewellery remains to be seen. But in my humble opinion we need a player who'll walk into the starting 11 now and definitely make a difference in the short to medium term rather than someone who may make a difference in the long-term.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21387: Jul 05, 2015 11:31:29 am
      Lad's a bit (very) raw Debs. But there's definitely a jewel in there whether it's a diamond or costume jewellery remains to be seen. But in my humble opinion we need a player who'll walk into the starting 11 now and definitely make a difference in the short to medium term rather than someone who may make a difference in the long-term.

Cheers for that mate.  I can't stand Italian footy so never pay attention to anyone who plays there.  I guess he's another of those "we should have got him years ago when he was cheap potential"  :gt-happyup:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #21388: Jul 05, 2015 11:52:11 am
      Cheers for that mate.  I can't stand Italian footy so never pay attention to anyone who plays there.  I guess he's another of those "we should have got him years ago when he was cheap potential"  :gt-happyup:

Italian football has change a fair bit, it isn't the standard of Spain, England, Germany but is far more entertaining than it used to be, although the lack of young Italian players in it is a concern, as for Keita balde he's raw but it worries me when agents hawk young players around, he was at la masia at barcelona but left.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21389: Jul 05, 2015 12:08:17 pm
      Italian football has change a fair bit, it isn't the standard of Spain, England, Germany but is far more entertaining than it used to be, although the lack of young Italian players in it is a concern, as for Keita balde he's raw but it worries me when agents hawk young players around, he was at la masia at barcelona but left.

Fair enough mate but I'm still not tempted to watch it.  I know everyone was raving about Juve last season but for me, it was more of the same when I watched the CL final.  I know that's probably not the best example to judge but they just play dull, bully boy tactics with lots of falling down for no reason.  Wannabe hardmen but just a bunch of pussies.

Quick Reply