Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199080 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #22609: Sep 02, 2015 04:06:00 pm
      I fully agree. But it's also f**king ridiculous that we apparently needed a team overhaul again. I mean, in total that would've made about 6 new players in our starting 11. And even then we would still have concerns left about our 2 central defender positions too. There is no consistency whatsoever, and after 3 years Brendan hasn't build sh*t.

There is always a risk factor in a new signing. The problem is, "we" (or rather, those cu*ts) keep selling the winning signings and retaining also rans. Thats why selling clubs never win anything, except on virtually statistically freak ocassions.

Its even worse when you sell one top player and buy several couldbes/shouldbes/neverfuckingwillbes.
      A key fact is that you can only have 11 players on the pitch. If your 11 on the pitch is poor, you cant expect to win difficult games. Just see us without Suarez, Spurs minus Bale and Manc Utd without Ronaldo in Europe etc.

Conversely just look how well a crappy team like Wales are doing with Bale.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #22610: Sep 02, 2015 04:21:20 pm
      In a perfect world yes.

But in the real world even if we got Klopp I really think FSG would be reluctant to pay the £150 plus million it would cost us to sign those players.

Thats why Real Madrid might make 5 BILLION in revenue over the next 10yrs (possibly way more once inflation is added).
      Fenway simply dont want to spend money to compete with the 2 Mancs and 2 Ldon teams.
      They see us as something midway between the Arsenal of a few yrs back and Newcastle. Thats their business model and until fans vote with their feet, they wont change.

Its an arbitrage to quote hedge fund language. Global following and a Europa lge level outlay.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22611: Sep 02, 2015 04:45:16 pm
      Then loaned him out after a year.  ;)

With an option to buy for (probably) half of what we paid for him.  ;) ;)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #22612: Sep 02, 2015 05:11:02 pm
      With an option to buy for (probably) half of what we paid for him.  ;) ;)

According to the Liverpool Echo, who have confirmed that the Reds will take a £1m loan fee and have given Villa the option to buy the defender next summer, Brendan Rodgers has made it clear to the 22-year-old that he will struggle for future first-team opportunities on Merseyside

The Echo state that Villa will have to pay between £6m and £9m – dependent on the number of appearances he makes this year – should they wish to keep Ilori permanently next summer. This should at least ensure us a profit on the £7m which the Echo believe we paid for the player back in 2013, but will still leave many fans feeling underwhelmed.

cannot understand how things run at the club
      Why not only a LOAN and we can discuss a fee( if we decide to sell him) if they  want to keep him

YNWA
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22613: Sep 02, 2015 05:21:21 pm
      According to the Liverpool Echo, who have confirmed that the Reds will take a £1m loan fee and have given Villa the option to buy the defender next summer, Brendan Rodgers has made it clear to the 22-year-old that he will struggle for future first-team opportunities on Merseyside

The Echo state that Villa will have to pay between £6m and £9m – dependent on the number of appearances he makes this year – should they wish to keep Ilori permanently next summer. This should at least ensure us a profit on the £7m which the Echo believe we paid for the player back in 2013, but will still leave many fans feeling underwhelmed.

Why not only a LOAN and we can discuss a fee( if we decide to sell him) if they  want to keep him

YNWA

They probably wouldn't have taken him on if we didn't agree an option to buy. Or at least they wouldn't have given the £1m up front. Common in most loans these days.

Simple fact of the matter is that he should not have been loaned out. Obviously Brendan has put his faith in our very thin squad to make it through this season. He would much rather rely on those versatile players to try to fill gaps (Gomez, Can, etc) than give an actual CB a chance.

Ridiculous, farcical, and shambolic.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22614: Sep 02, 2015 07:24:12 pm

YNWA

Cracking deal.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #22615: Sep 03, 2015 05:06:42 am
      cracking as in just opening more cracks at the club?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #22616: Sep 03, 2015 05:18:50 am
      cracking as in just opening more cracks at the club?
      :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22617: Sep 03, 2015 09:10:47 am
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22618: Sep 03, 2015 06:40:13 pm
      Yeah, it left me about to crack!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22619: Sep 07, 2015 04:38:06 pm
      Generally don't pay much attention to these pencil pushing surveys, but we do come out on the wrong side on these deals according to these pimple poppers...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2599536/anthony-martial-deal-was-27-9m-too-much-for-united-study

... Liverpool paying €19.7m more than Christian Benteke's supposed value
      ... It claimed Raheem Sterling, who arrived at the Etihad Stadium for an initial €63m from Liverpool, should have cost €95m

Whatever about the specific numbers, hard to argue Benteke was a tad over-priced and Sterling a tad under-priced ...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #22620: Sep 07, 2015 05:44:37 pm
      No surprise that once again we have been shocking in our transfer dealings.

Was thinking back to when we signed John Barnes from watford back in the 88/89.
      Got him for £900,000!

Wonder what he would have gone for in this day and age.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22621: Oct 08, 2015 10:55:08 am
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22622: Oct 09, 2015 12:50:43 pm

Well if the club say he's not for sale, there's no reason to doubt them. It's not like they've said that before!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22623: Oct 09, 2015 01:54:11 pm
      Well if the club say he's not for sale, there's no reason to doubt them. It's not like they've said that before!

True, but I think we also got confirmation from Jürgen today that if he doesn't want a player to go, they're not going.

First and last word, I just hope and believe that Coutinho will fall in love with the football we play under Klopp that thoughts of leaving will completely disappear.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22624: Oct 09, 2015 06:45:03 pm
      True, but I think we also got confirmation from Jürgen today that if he doesn't want a player to go, they're not going.

First and last word, I just hope and believe that Coutinho will fall in love with the football we play under Klopp that thoughts of leaving will completely disappear.

In fairness he obviously didn't go as far as saying a player would be kept against that players will. No club can do that (as we saw with Lewandowski and the other bloke whose name escapes me, scored the winning goal in the World Cup). If Coutinho agitates for a move, it becomes a question of how much and when rather than yes or no.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22625: Oct 09, 2015 07:06:03 pm
      In fairness he obviously didn't go as far as saying a player would be kept against that players will. No club can do that (as we saw with Lewandowski and the other bloke whose name escapes me, scored the winning goal in the World Cup). If Coutinho agitates for a move, it becomes a question of how much and when rather than yes or no.

Mario Gotze! Bayern matched his buyout clause at 37m or 38m.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #22626: Oct 09, 2015 07:29:53 pm

Didn't he actually say he wouldn't buy players the club couldn't afford and wouldn't keep players that didn't want to be here Mick?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22627: Oct 09, 2015 09:32:57 pm
      Didn't he actually say he wouldn't buy players the club couldn't afford and wouldn't keep players that didn't want to be here Mick?

Actually yes he did Si you're right. So essentially if at some point in the future Barca come in for Coutinho and he throws his toys out, we'll have to at some point do a deal. Just common sense really.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #22628: Oct 09, 2015 09:36:23 pm
      Actually yes he did Si you're right. So essentially if at some point in the future Barca come in for Coutinho and he throws his toys out, we'll have to at some point do a deal. Just common sense really.

Exactly.

I think some have taken what he has said about having the first and last call on players coming in too literally mate as there will be players he likes that we can't, or won't, pay to get here and he will have to go for the next target.

Like any club that has finite resources Klopp will understand that there will be give and take in regards to player recruitment.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22629: Oct 09, 2015 10:00:03 pm
      I don't like the thought of losing Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho in consecutive summer, but I think now it's likely.
      We are a selling club, have been for years now, and the Barca's, Madrid's and City's no this.
      Without selling we would have a relatively small transfer kitty, and if Klopp wants his own players, money will have to be topped up with player sales
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #22630: Oct 10, 2015 12:28:13 pm
      I really think Klopp will sign one of his Dortmund players in January.

I'd really like Mkhitaryan, he is a very good player who scores regularly and is a very good athlete.

For usr Klopp knows how to find good players for cheap: Aubameyand is the last example.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #22631: Oct 10, 2015 12:46:19 pm
      I really think Klopp will sign one of his Dortmund players in January.

I'd really like Mkhitaryan, he is a very good player who scores regularly and is a very good athlete.

For usr Klopp knows how to find good players for cheap: Aubameyand is the last example.

Maybe Sven Bender.

Quick Reply