Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198346 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #23460: Feb 03, 2016 08:40:17 pm
      Not to be argumentative, but I believe there were some that made that exact same point when Brendan was the boss and they were roundly criticized saying it was up to the manager to get the best out of the players.

Very good point there FL.

I haven't changed from that myself but the only think j would say is that I will give Jürgen more slack right now as he didn't buy a single player in this squad.

I agree he should be getting more out of them but the real test will be after this summer for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #23461: Feb 03, 2016 08:45:11 pm
      Very good point there FL.

I haven't changed from that myself but the only think j would say is that I will give Jürgen more slack right now as he didn't buy a single player in this squad.

I agree he should be getting more out of them but the real test will be after this summer for me.

Sure Si, but you also know if we were winning every game right now, there wouldn't be anyone claiming it was because of Brendan's players. It would be because of Klopp's influence. So I'm just wondering which one we are all settling on, just for consistency's sake you know. ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #23462: Feb 03, 2016 08:55:10 pm
      Sure Si, but you also know if we were winning every game right now, there wouldn't be anyone claiming it was because of Brendan's players. It would be because of Klopp's influence. So I'm just wondering which one we are all settling on, just for consistency's sake you know. ;)

For me I think we have built a squad of good players and I have gave Brendan credit for being a part of that in the past.

The reason I thought he had to go was because he wasn't making the most of the players we have.

Now Jürgen still isn't but I think there is a difference between a coach who has been at a club 3 years and been involved in building a squad and a man brought in just a few months ago and finding his feet one new league.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #23463: Feb 04, 2016 12:59:13 am
      Getting sick of not being able to attract big players? I think it's time we change this and sign up Rossana Torales. I'm sure the likes of Neymar or Pogba will either run down their contracts or pay half their transfer fees to join us :D
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #23464: Feb 05, 2016 11:12:17 am
      How do you make that conclusion? Even his stats at Milan are fairly impressive.

On a free I'd take him. He'd create more than Milner and Lallana put together put it that way.

I'd personally take Ronaldinho than Robinho
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #23465: Feb 05, 2016 05:53:47 pm
      I stopped reading when you suggested we should of spent £35 million and loaned him back.

To be be fair that sounds like the stupid sh*t we would go an do.
      There's a job for him straight away on the transfer committee , they're always looking out for new talent .

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #23466: Feb 07, 2016 04:34:02 pm
      If Diego Costa is going to be available in the summer, I'd look at getting him in. Exactly the sort of player we've been missing for a good while.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #23467: Feb 07, 2016 08:02:21 pm
      If Diego Costa is going to be available in the summer, I'd look at getting him in. Exactly the sort of player we've been missing for a good while.

YES

Don't care amount his sportmanship, just need his aggression and will to win! Under Klopp he'd be amazing I think
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #23468: Feb 07, 2016 08:05:25 pm
      YES

Don't care amount his sportmanship, just need his aggression and will to win! Under Klopp he'd be amazing I think

Have to admit however much of a dirty c**t he is he has more passion in his F***ing pinky than most of our lot put together.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #23469: Feb 07, 2016 08:06:44 pm
      I'd personally take Ronaldinho than Robinho

Huh?

Who the F**k wants either of those two has beens?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #23470: Feb 07, 2016 11:02:45 pm

Never going to happen. He didn't want to sign for us when we tried to get him from Atletico so he wont want to sign for us when there will be much better clubs than us after him if he's allowed to leave. One of the many players we can categorically forget about signing.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #23471: Feb 08, 2016 06:21:33 am
      Never going to happen. He didn't want to sign for us when we tried to get him from Atletico so he wont want to sign for us when there will be much better clubs than us after him if he's allowed to leave. One of the many players we can categorically forget about signing.

Not to mention he is a c**t of the highest order.

Burnt too many bridges for me trying to deliberately injure Can, Skrtel and being an elephant man c**t in general.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23472: Feb 08, 2016 06:30:17 am
      Not to mention he is a c**t of the highest order.

Burnt too many bridges for me trying to deliberately injure Can, Skrtel and being an elephant man c**t in general.

Spot on! Along with John Terry he's a player it would sicken me to see wearing the Red shirt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #23473: Feb 08, 2016 10:37:02 am
      Spot on! Along with John Terry he's a player it would sicken me to see wearing the Red shirt.

agreed but Terry and Costa have a desire to win that is greater than their talent and we saw how that works with Luis. I cannot imagine under any circumstances Terry in a Red shirt its just too weird but we should be looking at this type of character because they are winners and we have none at the moment.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #23474: Feb 08, 2016 10:54:03 am
      I'd take Arbeloa on a free and slot him in at left back straight away. He can defend whereas Moreno can't.

I'd also take Valdes on a free as well. He is ten times the keeper Mignolet is.

Two positions would be strengthened without spending a penny.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #23475: Feb 08, 2016 10:56:04 am
      I'd take Arbeloa on a free and slot him in at left back straight away. He can defend whereas Moreno can't.

I'd also take Valdes on a free as well. He is ten times the keeper Mignolet is.

Two positions would be strengthened without spending a penny.

Casillas will be available in the summer rather throw him a lifeline.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23476: Feb 08, 2016 12:49:29 pm
      agreed but Terry and Costa have a desire to win that is greater than their talent and we saw how that works with Luis. I cannot imagine under any circumstances Terry in a Red shirt its just too weird but we should be looking at this type of character because they are winners and we have none at the moment.

I'd take their talent but not their personality, absolute wankers!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #23477: Feb 08, 2016 02:20:51 pm
      Casillas will be available in the summer rather throw him a lifeline.

We should already be negotiating with him now and get it wrapped up unless Klopp has his eye on someone else.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #23478: Feb 08, 2016 02:23:33 pm
      I'd take their talent but not their personality, absolute wankers!

their talent is only as good as it is because they are wankers we need a couple of wankers. No seriously we are just to nice we need a bit of nasty in the team since Stevie and Luis and Jamie have left we just lack for a want of a better word "bite"
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #23479: Feb 08, 2016 02:24:53 pm
      We should already be negotiating with him now and get it wrapped up unless Klopp has his eye on someone else.

I thought Valdes should have been a target but he went and sat on his arse at Old Trafford.
      Goal keepers are a rare breed these days
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23480: Feb 08, 2016 11:34:38 pm
      I thought Valdes should have been a target but he went and sat on his arse at Old Trafford.
      Goal keepers are a rare breed these days

the money that casillas is on makes any deal very unlikely
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23481: Feb 11, 2016 03:34:02 pm
      their talent is only as good as it is because they are wankers we need a couple of wankers. No seriously we are just to nice we need a bit of nasty in the team since Stevie and Luis and Jamie have left we just lack for a want of a better word "bite"

Spot on Walton, we lack aggression, nastiness and an unwavering will to win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23482: Feb 11, 2016 07:26:41 pm
      Costa is sh*t anyway. Really pisses me off when I see him and Suarez compared. Suarez has more talent in his left tooth than Costa has in his whole body.

Quick Reply