Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179703 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25806: Jun 28, 2016 05:58:44 pm
      Does any other dude on here think that LFC are this years Spurs? Mr Rogers has bought too many players... 2nd last year suggests that the addition of a few players to augment the squad would have been more desirable than the aimless spending spree that you have embarked on

epic fail on the cards

That'll be Rodgers then!!

And who do you support by the way?

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25807: Jun 28, 2016 06:05:50 pm
      Well Deb's if the club/manager by all accounts have a good relationship with the player/players club and this does not happen questions should then be asked.

I'll go on record now mate, if we don't get him now, decide to wait till next summer and he has another season like this last one, he'll be at Bayern, Barca or City, not Liverpool, for the 17/18 season.

If that happens it'll be a huge black mark against Jürgen, unless one of our current MFs turn in a similar season to him and we win the Title anyway.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #25808: Jun 28, 2016 06:37:26 pm
      I'll go on record now mate, if we don't get him now, decide to wait till next summer and he has another season like this last one, he'll be at Bayern, Barca or City, not Liverpool, for the 17/18 season.

Agreed.  If he is part of the long term plan, then we need to lock him down now and not wait a year.  Money talks, and if this is the guy Jürgen sees as the long term partner for Can then we need to pay that little extra and get it done.  The fact that Palace are throwing around 30M likes it's nothing suggests that we should have plenty to spend this summer....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25809: Jun 28, 2016 06:42:05 pm
      Agreed.  If he is part of the long term plan, then we need to lock him down now and not wait a year.  Money talks, and if this is the guy Jürgen sees as the long term partner for Can then we need to pay that little extra and get it done.  The fact that Palace are throwing around 30M likes it's nothing suggests that we should have plenty to spend this summer....

He'll cost us around £25m this summer mate which is why I'm hoping we're hanging fire to see if Benteke goes as that would near enough cover the fee and definitely his and one or two others wages  ;D

I live in hope that it happens as I really can't see it happening next summer.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25810: Jun 28, 2016 06:59:26 pm
      Think Kante mate but better.

This is his season review on his wiki page.  Does that sound like a player too raw to make an impact?  He's a tenacious little f**ker, never stops running, reads the game brilliantly, is wonderfully skillful with both feet, totally fearless and the type you'd want to swat like a pesky wasp.

Following the sacking of Favre early in the 2015-16 Bundesliga season, Dahoud saw his game time increase with Die Fohlen, establishing himself as a key figure in new manager André Schubert's midfield.  He scored his first goal for the club on 23 September 2015 in Schubert's debut game in charge, netting Gladbach's fourth goal in a 4-2 win over FC Augsburg. 

The week prior to Favre's departure, Dahoud made his Champions League debut against Sevilla from the bench before making his full debut against Man City under Schubert later in the month.  The immediate impact made by Dahoud in his new starting berth was recognized by the supporters who voted him as the Fans' Player of the Month for September. 

In October, he received a standing ovation from the Eintracht Frankfurt supporters after delivering an all-conquering performance against their side, scoring once and setting up another two in a 5-1 win.

The following year, on Valentine's Day, Dahoud netted the match winning goal in the Rhine Derby against Köln.

At the conclusion of the season, Dahoud had made 32 league appearances, scoring 5 goals and assisting 9 as Gladbach ended fourth in the Bundesliga, thereby qualifying for the 2016-17 UEFA Champions League qualifiers.

Seems to be outrageously talented. Also he's a German with descendants from the Fertile Crescent, seems a perfect partner for Emre Can!

But seriously, if we don't sign him this year, we will not get him in the future. If he doesn't get snapped up by someone else in this window, he'll either have another solid/great season or a bad one. Another good one would see him head to Bayern or one of the other superpowers, whereas a bad one surely would see him stay put. The idea of getting a look at him next year doesn't seem too smart.

But either way, you're getting me way too excited about a player that I'm not optimistic we'll sign.  :f_wah: ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #25811: Jun 28, 2016 07:04:18 pm
      He'll cost us around £25m this summer mate which is why I'm hoping we're hanging fire to see if Benteke goes as that would near enough cover the fee and definitely his and one or two others wages  ;D

I live in hope that it happens as I really can't see it happening next summer.

Yeah, I think Benteke's wages are the reason we've not had many bidders at this point....
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25812: Jun 28, 2016 08:34:51 pm

If that happens it'll be a huge black mark against Jürgen, unless one of our current MFs turn in a similar season to him and we win the Title anyway.

I agree entirely.

It seems reasonable that Dahoud, as a priority target, should have been targeted early.

Gladbach seem reluctant to sell now, perhaps this would not have been the case of they had lost two midfielders already.

A bit of urgency and getting in before Xhaka left would surely have helped in getting Gladbach to agree to sell.

As it stands, Arsenal moved decisively and quickly and got their man and we are unable to get agreement on ours.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25813: Jun 28, 2016 08:35:18 pm
      Seems to be outrageously talented. Also he's a German with descendants from the Fertile Crescent, seems a perfect partner for Emre Can!

But seriously, if we don't sign him this year, we will not get him in the future. If he doesn't get snapped up by someone else in this window, he'll either have another solid/great season or a bad one. Another good one would see him head to Bayern or one of the other superpowers, whereas a bad one surely would see him stay put. The idea of getting a look at him next year doesn't seem too smart.

But either way, you're getting me way too excited about a player that I'm not optimistic we'll sign.  :f_wah: ;D

;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25814: Jun 28, 2016 08:39:30 pm
      Yeah, I think Benteke's wages are the reason we've not had many bidders at this point....

I guess it's down to him then mate.  If he wants to play and be first choice again for Club and Country then staying put isn't a good plan but if all he wants is an easy paycheck then we might struggle.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25815: Jun 28, 2016 08:56:14 pm
      I agree entirely.

It seems reasonable that Dahoud, as a priority target, should have been targeted early.

Gladbach seem reluctant to sell now, perhaps this would not have been the case of they had lost two midfielders already.

A bit of urgency and getting in before Xhaka left would surely have helped in getting Gladbach to agree to sell.

As it stands, Arsenal moved decisively and quickly and got their man and we are unable to get agreement on ours.

I'm not sure we'd identified him before Arsenal moved mate, they'd been in talks for Xhaka since last November and they haven't lost 2 midfielders, as the other one was being played in defense.

They've also brought in 2 midfielders already and are supposedly after another, Pierre Højbjerg who is a free agent after not renewing at Bayern so maybe we're waiting for them to get that deal done.

Or like I said we're waiting for some sales before going for him.  Or if as AZ says Jürgen has a good relationship with them and we definitely do, then it could all be done and sorted, soon as some loose ends are tied up.

Ok so maybe I'm just making stuff up 'cos I sooo want us to sign him but I'm clinging onto the fact that, as of yet, nothing has come from their side basically saying hands off.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25816: Jun 29, 2016 06:23:23 am
      Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair
      Michy Batshuayi on his way to Chelsea, according to L'Equipe, and for €40m

Thought they were after Morata? May be they'll sign both and bin Costa and Remy!

Not entirely sure about the accuracy but if at all Palace wanna sign another Belgian #9 for the same price they bid for Batshuayi.. they know where to come!
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 09:29:32 am by Vicks86 »
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #25817: Jun 29, 2016 09:18:56 am
      So with Mane in the bag only two priority positions to fill, a CM and and upgrade on Moreno. Dahoud and Hector please.
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #25818: Jun 29, 2016 09:39:12 am
      Though some people think signing a center back isn't a priority right now, I don't see us a top 4 contender as long as we have this center backs in our squad. I don't trust Sakho and Lovren, I have no idea about Matip, but I don't think he's going to be enough to fix our defence problem. I hope they prove me wrong.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #25819: Jun 29, 2016 10:05:44 am
      Though some people think signing a center back isn't a priority right now, I don't see us a top 4 contender as long as we have this center backs in our squad. I don't trust Sakho and Lovren, I have no idea about Matip, but I don't think he's going to be enough to fix our defence problem. I hope they prove me wrong.

Lovren was a beast last season. Sakho isn't everybodys cup of tea but I like him personally, he's definitely good enough to be third choice which I presume he will be. Know little about Matip but willing to trust Klopp on that one, he's a giant and it will be refreshing to have somebody in there who can head the F***ing ball clear now. Gomez looked a real player before his injury, calm and good on the ball. Lucas can also slot in if needed perhaps against the shi**er teams or in cup games.

CB is actually a position I feel rather comfortable with. We have plenty of options. Good options too.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #25820: Jun 29, 2016 10:25:51 am
      Lovren was a beast last season. Sakho isn't everybodys cup of tea but I like him personally, he's definitely good enough to be third choice which I presume he will be. Know little about Matip but willing to trust Klopp on that one, he's a giant and it will be refreshing to have somebody in there who can head the f**king ball clear now. Gomez looked a real player before his injury, calm and good on the ball. Lucas can also slot in if needed perhaps against the shi**er teams or in cup games.

CB is actually a position I feel rather comfortable with. We have plenty of options. Good options too.

Mate we still leaked goals left right and centre last season. Not sure what to think.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #25821: Jun 29, 2016 10:39:40 am
      I guess it's down to him then mate.  If he wants to play and be first choice again for Club and Country then staying put isn't a good plan but if all he wants is an easy paycheck then we might struggle.

Sadly, easy paycheck it is then Debs. It seems all these millionaire footballers are interested is *more* money. How much money do you want for Christ sake.

Benteke knows he is surplus to requirements yet keeps making noises as *if* he is not in the manager's mind, etc. Someone should tell him  on the face that he is not required. He will be the fourth option - last 5/10 minutes of the game only.

On other note, we have signed some players but how about selling some! Ayre needs to do lot more and get rid of the some of the rubbish.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25822: Jun 29, 2016 10:41:47 am
      Palace have agreed a £31.6m fee for Batshuayi !! That's right, Crystal Palace!!
      That's the thing troops; with all the TV money, in the Premier League right now, every and any team can afford players in this price bracket now. The scattergun approach has just become even more expensive.  With even more competition for low to mid priced players it's imperative that the T.C. and/or Jürgen get things spot on.

Put another way: if you remember the problems FSG had fulfilling their promise that they could 'compete with anyone' for 'the best'... imagine what the competition, to unearth that "hidden [inexpensive] gem" will be like now...

The clearance rails at TKMaxx on dole day.  :lmao:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25823: Jun 29, 2016 11:05:45 am
      Sadly, easy paycheck it is then Debs. It seems all these millionaire footballers are interested is *more* money. How much money do you want for Christ sake.

Benteke knows he is surplus to requirements yet keeps making noises as *if* he is not in the manager's mind, etc. Someone should tell him  on the face that he is not required. He will be the fourth option - last 5/10 minutes of the game only.

On other note, we have signed some players but how about selling some! Ayre needs to do lot more and get rid of the some of the rubbish.

From our pov mate I'd prefer him to be saying that rather than kicking up a fuss to leave.  We need to maintain his price/value if he is to be sold so offering himself to all and sundry by saying he wants to leave means cheeky as F**k offers coming in.

He's still a 1 in 2 goalscorer in the PL, a record he's had for 4 seasons now and is still only 24/25 years old, he isn't a bad, crap or sh*t player he just isn't suitable to our system.  Put him in a different set up to get the best out of him and he'll score plenty.  He's a valuable asset to another club and we need to make sure he isn't given away.

There's going to be plenty of clubs looking for good strikers once the summer window gets going properly, every single PL club can afford £30m players and goals cost money  ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25824: Jun 29, 2016 11:27:12 am
      Lovren was a beast last season. Sakho isn't everybodys cup of tea but I like him personally, he's definitely good enough to be third choice which I presume he will be. Know little about Matip but willing to trust Klopp on that one, he's a giant and it will be refreshing to have somebody in there who can head the f**king ball clear now. Gomez looked a real player before his injury, calm and good on the ball. Lucas can also slot in if needed perhaps against the shi**er teams or in cup games.

I wouldn't mind Subotic if Sakho faces a long ban. Lad confirmed in a letter to his fans that he wants to leave for a fresh challenge.

Guess all parties involved are waiting for the verdict. If the ban is long, I guess Jürgen would probably consider Subotic.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25825: Jun 29, 2016 11:29:25 am
      I wouldn't mind Subotic if Sakho faces a long ban.
      He was cleared of the charges at the end of May mate... no ban.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25826: Jun 29, 2016 11:41:41 am
      He was cleared of the charges at the end of May mate... no ban.

I'm talking about the hearing mate.

Sakho, of course, faces an uncertain future himself. The defender’s Uefa anti-doping hearing is scheduled for early July, with the prospect of a lengthy ban still hanging over the 26-year-old

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sakho-mane-find-liverpool-fc-11534922
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25827: Jun 29, 2016 12:02:44 pm
      I'm talking about the hearing mate.

Sakho, of course, faces an uncertain future himself. The defender’s Uefa anti-doping hearing is scheduled for early July, with the prospect of a lengthy ban still hanging over the 26-year-old

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sakho-mane-find-liverpool-fc-11534922

Jaysus... I misread that situation big time then. Cleared but can still be banned - crazy or what?  :o

Mamadou Sakho cleared of doping charges as UEFA opt not to extend provisional suspension

In an astonishing U-turn UEFA have admitted they will not be pursuing any further disciplinary action against the Liverpool defender who failed a drugs test in March.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mamadou-sakho-cleared-doping-charges-8069884
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #25828: Jun 29, 2016 12:18:53 pm
      From our pov mate I'd prefer him to be saying that rather than kicking up a fuss to leave.  We need to maintain his price/value if he is to be sold so offering himself to all and sundry by saying he wants to leave means cheeky as f**k offers coming in.

He's still a 1 in 2 goalscorer in the PL, a record he's had for 4 seasons now and is still only 24/25 years old, he isn't a bad, crap or sh*t player he just isn't suitable to our system.  Put him in a different set up to get the best out of him and he'll score plenty.  He's a valuable asset to another club and we need to make sure he isn't given away.

There's going to be plenty of clubs looking for good strikers once the summer window gets going properly, every single PL club can afford £30m players and goals cost money  ;D

I agree that he is 1 in 2 goal scorer but useless (I don't mean he is useless but we can't get best out of him) for us (on high money as well).

I hope you are right that plenty of clubs will looking for strikers in July but no one (but no one) is making noises about buying Benteke. That is a worry for me.

Quick Reply