Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180021 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #26795: Jul 28, 2016 10:30:55 pm

Wont even be playing CB the way he is going at the moment.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #26796: Jul 28, 2016 10:32:50 pm

No "sent" back mate.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #26797: Jul 28, 2016 10:34:59 pm
      ;D good one mate defo need cover for the brain dead Moreno though
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #26799: Jul 28, 2016 11:38:39 pm

What baffles me is why he thinks the two are mutually exclusive? F**k Moreno off, he's not fit to pull on the shirt, bring in a top quality replacement in his prime and a long term project who will learn from him and eventually take over. That's how you develop youth and build a title winning squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26800: Jul 28, 2016 11:43:46 pm
      Seems like there's options out there that are as good or better than Chillwell. Hector for one.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26801: Jul 28, 2016 11:56:29 pm
      So basically we've fu**ed around all summer trying to lower Leicester's asking price and we've not bothered to come up with a list of other targets so Milner will now have to do.

How is it possible to go into the summer window with left back as one of our 3 main areas of weakness and to finish the window with us being weaker in that area.

Also, how is our vice-captain a utility sub? :D.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #26802: Jul 29, 2016 12:30:27 am
      Chillwell isnt good enough

he does not start for Leicester, he has had very little game time and people calling his name as if he is the new r carlos

people were saying the same thing when we signed Cissokho and then when we signed Moreno

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26803: Jul 29, 2016 12:30:38 am
      bring in a top quality replacement in his prime

Evidently according to Pearce the manager does not see a top quality player that "HE" wants at this time.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #26804: Jul 29, 2016 02:40:53 am

What baffles me is why he thinks the two are mutually exclusive? F**k Moreno off, he's not fit to pull on the shirt, bring in a top quality replacement in his prime and a long term project who will learn from him and eventually take over. That's how you develop youth and build a title winning squad.

great one, you solved the mystery we've all been dying to know: "how do you develop youth and build a title winning squad" - by bringing in top quality and long term projects.

so who are these players??
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26805: Jul 29, 2016 08:44:44 am
      Evidently according to Pearce the manager does not see a top quality player that "HE" wants at this time.
      Isn't it the Amish who reckon that 'The biggest sin of all is to speak for  God'?  ;) :laugh:

Joking aside tho'... If Pearce is right, which I assume you believe him to be, it has to be great news. Not that Jürgen can't "see" someone right now but the fact that Jürgen wants "top quality".

That, of course, throws up some other interesting points for discussion but at least (and at last) there can be no ambiguity, further down the line, about who we credit; who we 'blame'. I genuinely welcome that.  8)
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #26806: Jul 29, 2016 09:42:43 am
      How can there not be a left back in world football that Klopp wouldn't prefer over Moreno? I find that staggering.

We're not talking about replacing a top quality striker that is going to cost upwards of £50-60m, we're talking about replacing a bang average attacking left back who is a liability and can't defend.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #26807: Jul 29, 2016 10:15:05 am
      How can there not be a left back in world football that Klopp wouldn't prefer over Moreno? I find that staggering.

We're not talking about replacing a top quality striker that is going to cost upwards of £50-60m, we're talking about replacing a bang average attacking left back who is a liability and can't defend.
      Is this the first sign of chinks in Klopp's Armour??... We all knew (and that includes Jürgen) That the Left Back position was an Issue for us, and this was seen as a problem area before the half way mark of last  season; so why then were we not looking for a replacement from then?... O.K. Klopp wanted to give everyone a fair shout and not bring in players until the summer. But where on earth did that stop us looking and possible identifying targets before that window opened?... European,South American,Asia, we should have had scouts out there working there socks off doing just that... OK The manager has his type of player he wants but surely there are other players out there who fit the criteria or come very close. For the life of me I can not understand why this was allowed to drag on for so long, and get to the point where we have LFC looking to James Milner as a potential left back for parts of the season. makes no sense 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26808: Jul 29, 2016 10:18:29 am
      I saw this on the Sky Sports Transfer Centre... MORENO SET FOR CITY?

Safe to say I got a little excited before seeing it was some young striker :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #26809: Jul 29, 2016 10:22:31 am

Forgot the home defeat against Saints when Lovren scored the header? we started with 4 CBs in defence!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #26810: Jul 29, 2016 10:26:21 am

Maybe he's seen plenty but just doesn't think we can get them here so he isn't going to sign someone for the sake of it?

Or maybe he just rates Alberto higher than people on here do.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #26811: Jul 29, 2016 10:46:47 am
      Maybe he's seen plenty but just doesn't think we can get them here so he isn't going to sign someone for the sake of it?

Or maybe he just rates Alberto higher than people on here do.

That's the one Si. Even Chilwell having not played a first team Premiership game for Leicester was hardly credible competition for Alberto, the only sensible conclusion to all this is Jürgen rates our current left back much higher than most on here. He thinks Moreno is going to do a Lovren, and lets hope he's right. As for "surely there's a left back in World football" well there's plenty of left backs in the Premiership who are better, including incidentally the one who Rodgers actually wanted, the one who was laughed out of court on here and eventually remained at Southampton (he was the one that got away as far them and us are concerned :lmao:).

Anyway from my perspective we are rapidly approaching the point where debate about who we should and shouldn't have signed will be by the by. For my part I've made my personal feelings clear, I think this season will in time be looked back upon as the season where Jürgen learned that you can't do consistently well in the Premiership when everyone else is spending bucketloads and you are being thrifty. It wasn't possible under any of our previous managers, it won't be possible under this one either. Soon though such arguments will be even more academic than they are now.

Once we start the proper games I'll be as behind the lads and Jürgen as anyone else and hoping upon hope that those who think he can "do a Leicester" are right, and that old cynics such as me and BBB are wrong.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26812: Jul 29, 2016 11:31:18 am
      There is over a month left in the transfer window, I am sure there will be more players coming in and players being sold before it closes.

I think we are just trying to move a few on first to ensure we don't get stuck with excess wages. Once we sell a few we will hopefully still have time enough to get the players we need.

Not sure I believe that we will only be buying "one if that" personally, as I think we still need at least 2 hopefully 3 more if we can sell Benteke. 

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26813: Jul 29, 2016 11:32:45 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36919894

So Ben Chilwell signs a contract extension.

Understood he had a knee injury that no one was letting on about .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26814: Jul 29, 2016 11:35:24 am
      Wont even be playing CB the way he is going at the moment.

LB ?  Sakho ?    Spiderman Legs ?

Every Prem team will attack us down the right.

Me no think so .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26815: Jul 29, 2016 12:05:37 pm
      Lots of sh*t being lost in here today.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #26816: Jul 29, 2016 01:23:20 pm
      There is over a month left in the transfer window, I am sure there will be more players coming in and players being sold before it closes.

I think we are just trying to move a few on first to ensure we don't get stuck with excess wages. Once we sell a few we will hopefully still have time enough to get the players we need.

Not sure I believe that we will only be buying "one if that" personally, as I think we still need at least 2 hopefully 3 more if we can sell Benteke. 

That's pretty much how I see it.  I think we will sign a LB (sorry guys and gals, but this will probably be backup for Moreno) regardless of whether anyone else leaves.  We may sign another CB if Klopp decides he's had enough of Sakho.  We may sign another CM (Allen's replacement) if we find one who represents good value and fits Klopp's tactical setup.  We may sign 1 more attacker (probably another wide forward) if we can shift Benteke, Alberto, and Markovic. 

I just hope we can get our last bits of business done sooner rather than later.  Always best to get the new players in during preseason, but that ship is quickly sailing into the sunset..... 
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #26817: Jul 29, 2016 01:32:36 pm

Every Prem team will attack us down the right.

Nothing new about that! :)

Quick Reply