Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204603 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27370: Aug 26, 2016 02:48:03 pm
      Pep is getting rid of Hart because he wants a ball playing keeper, exactly the reason we signed Karius and people think we should get Hart.

Hilarious.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #27371: Aug 26, 2016 02:53:56 pm
      Pep is getting rid of Hart because he wants a ball playing keeper, exactly the reason we signed Karius and people think we should get Hart.

Hilarious.

I thought we signed Karius because Mignolet is dog sh*t?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27372: Aug 26, 2016 03:10:35 pm

I have.
      Klopp has stated that he has the money if he wants to spend it, but because he hasn't, you stated that "we have no ambition".

So by inference, you think Klopp has no ambition, because he has full control over transfers.
      Nice to see you getting behind the manager again.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27373: Aug 26, 2016 03:15:55 pm
      we don't seem to have much ambition do we. Why didn't we put in a sneaky bid for Neuer they could only say no. I would take Hart over Mignolet in a "hart" beat.

Neuer  :lmao:

Would you take Hart over Karius? He is the new saviour come to take us away from the (albeit terrible, flapping) clutches of Mignolet.

Why everyone is getting their dicks hard for Hart is beyond me. He isn't much better than Mignolet, why would Pep be selling him otherwise?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27374: Aug 26, 2016 03:48:33 pm
      why would Pep be selling him otherwise?

Doesn't fancy him. Doesn't mean he's not good.
      He's got a couple of prem winners medals in his back pocket, and imo a side can't win a PL without a good keeper.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #27375: Aug 26, 2016 03:51:02 pm
      Doesn't fancy him. Doesn't mean he's not good.
      He's got a couple of prem winners medals in his back pocket, and imo a side can't win a PL without a good keeper.

& Jimmy Traore has a Champions League medal & Michael Owen has a premier league medal,should we sign them ? ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27376: Aug 26, 2016 04:04:02 pm
      & Jimmy Traore has a Champions League medal & Michael Owen has a premier league medal,should we sign them ? ;D

Well we need a left back and a striker, but I doubt we would be interested in those two as they are over 24.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27377: Aug 26, 2016 04:17:53 pm

Hilarious.

This, all day long.

Whilst Hart is a better keeper than Migs, he is essentially the same type of keeper, so no thanks.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #27378: Aug 26, 2016 06:21:54 pm

Hilarious.

The fact that people are clamouring to sign Hart without seeing Karius play one competitive minute for us is baffling. I said in the Spurs pre match thread that it is no coincidence that both Karius (new first choice keeper) and Matip (new first choice center half) both have very high starting positions, pushing us as a team further up the pitch. Whilst Hart might be a slight upgrade on Mignolet, he is getting shot from City because he can't play with the ball at his feet, and it is clear we are looking to play out from the back. A move that makes no sense is just everyone hitting the panic button.

Maybe this is one downside to getting business done early, everyone forgets we've brought in seven players already and just want transfers for the sake of them.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27379: Aug 26, 2016 06:44:41 pm
      I think Hart is better than Mignolet too mate, but considering that this time last year everyone was convinced Bogdan was better than Mignolet, that's not really saying too much.

Is Hart the best we can get, is maybe a better question.
      Probably, for the money FSG are willing to spend... I feel as if it is one of those time when the chance of signing a player we would not normally have a chance to that we must take it regardless of how many goal keepers we already have on the books, it is too much of a good signing to pass up
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27380: Aug 26, 2016 06:53:52 pm

Why everyone is getting their dicks hard for Hart is beyond me. He isn't much better than Mignolet, why would Pep be selling him otherwise?
      But that is the point, whether it be a little better or slight better, he is still an improvement and that improvement could be the difference between Europa League football and Champions League football next season...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27381: Aug 26, 2016 06:55:02 pm
      Probably, for the money FSG are willing to spend... I feel as if it is one of those time when the chance of signing a player we would not normally have a chance to that we must take it regardless of how many goal keepers we already have on the books, it is too much of a good signing to pass up

:lmao:

There is not a cat in hell's chance FSG would pay Joe Hart 150k a week on top of the ridiculous transfer fee that City would ask for. He's also average as F**k.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27382: Aug 26, 2016 06:56:37 pm
      But that is the point, whether it be a little better or slight better, he is still an improvement and that improvement could be the difference between Europa League football and Champions League football next season...

You do realise Karius is our number one keeper, right?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27383: Aug 26, 2016 06:58:29 pm
      The fact that people are clamouring to sign Hart without seeing Karius play one competitive minute for us is baffling.
      It is not about preferring hart over Karius... It is about Hart vs Mignolet...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27384: Aug 26, 2016 07:01:04 pm

I know how you feel mate, I felt similarly about Gotze.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27385: Aug 26, 2016 07:03:07 pm
      :lmao:

There is not a cat in hell's chance FSG would pay Joe Hart 150k a week on top of the ridiculous transfer fee that City would ask for. He's also average as f**k.
      And Mignolet is above average???... As for the £150K a week I believe that he is willing to take a pay cut, and If not we have spent £600K in the transfer market so £150k is really f*^k all
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27386: Aug 26, 2016 07:06:16 pm
      You do realise Karius is our number one keeper, right?
      And If Hart was to prove better than Karius where is the problem?... But as i said it is about getting a second place option that is better than Mignolet
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #27387: Aug 26, 2016 07:13:00 pm
      And If Hart was to prove better than Karius where is the problem?... But as i said it is about getting a second place option that is better than Mignolet

You think Hart would even contemplate coming without a guarantee he'd be number 1?

Course he wouldn't and Jürgen wouldn't give him it either.

Also he's not that good a keeper anyway.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #27388: Aug 26, 2016 07:21:48 pm
      Hart is being let go because he does not fit the philosophy of football Guardiola demands, Klopp demands the same philosophy from his keepers...

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27390: Aug 26, 2016 07:46:45 pm
      It is not about preferring hart over Karius... It is about Hart vs Mignolet...

So we should start Karius and buy Hart to sit on the bench and put him in the same situation that is the reason he is leaving city?

Solid logic.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #27391: Aug 26, 2016 07:49:22 pm

Yeah, nice recommendation Brendan: "He's a good friend of Milly's"

Considering he bought Bogdan and Mignolet I don't think we'd be wise listening to the sagely advice of old Brendan there.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27392: Aug 26, 2016 07:52:58 pm
      So we should start Karius and buy Hart to sit on the bench and put him in the same situation that is the reason he is leaving city?

Solid logic.

Who knows if Karius or Mignolet is our first choice ?

Quick Reply