Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199301 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27393: Aug 26, 2016 08:21:44 pm
      Who knows if Karius or Mignolet is our first choice ?

Oh God, the answer HAS to be Karius.  Otherwise, what rabbit has been at the controls over the summer.

Anyway, BR coming out in favour feels like the kiss of death. Though maybe we could get Milly to give Harty a call ...

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27394: Aug 26, 2016 09:22:30 pm
      You think Hart would even contemplate coming without a guarantee he'd be number 1?

Course he wouldn't and Jürgen wouldn't give him it either.

Also he's not that good a keeper anyway.
      I don't know... What I do know is that they do not want him at City, and What i believe his he knows to be no one at any club he would have to proven himself...
      They is not just aimed at you si, but more of a general observation... Why is it that people here will say that this player or that player is "No Good" with no real proof of it as a way of backing up the prejudice against bring in a player... It is easy to say That if you want to compere Hart to Neuer or some other Goal Keeper that we have no hope of signing... That is what is
      "Hilarious" people
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27395: Aug 26, 2016 09:22:42 pm
      Oh God, the answer HAS to be Karius.  Otherwise, what rabbit has been at the controls over the summer.

Anyway, BR coming out in favour feels like the kiss of death. Though maybe we could get Milly to give Harty a call ...

:D

We hope Karius will prove to be better than Mignolet, but we don't really know ...do we?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27396: Aug 26, 2016 09:23:14 pm
      Who knows if Karius or Mignolet is our first choice ?

He has to be...surely? If we're heading into this season with Mignolet in goal and Moreno at left back we might as well hibernate until next summer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27397: Aug 26, 2016 09:33:43 pm
      He has to be...surely? If we're heading into this season with Mignolet in goal and Moreno at left back we might as well hibernate until next summer.

It's what you might call a test of faith if he does  :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27398: Aug 26, 2016 09:37:57 pm
      So we should start Karius and buy Hart to sit on the bench and put him in the same situation that is the reason he is leaving city?

Solid logic.
      how is it the same situation?... He has been told by City to find another club
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #27399: Aug 26, 2016 10:11:08 pm
      Tony Barrett says we have made an offer for Christian Pulisic - 17 year old Dortmund right winger for £11 million.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27400: Aug 26, 2016 10:47:44 pm
      Tony Barrett says we have made an offer for Christian Pulisic - 17 year old Dortmund right winger for £11 million.

That's a lot of cash for a 17 year old.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #27401: Aug 26, 2016 11:10:18 pm

It's a crazy market, I can honestly say I know nothing about the lad!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #27402: Aug 26, 2016 11:50:24 pm

He's worth it and more. Probably the best American prospect right now (maybe ever). Plays fullback, winger and midfielder. He's gotten regular time at Dortmund but he's very young so he still doesn't feature regularly for the US national team as much as his talent dictates he should. This is one we should definitely go for. Excited to hear we are in for him (if we really are). 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #27403: Aug 26, 2016 11:57:29 pm

Ibe went for £15M based on pure talent so not over stretching.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27404: Aug 27, 2016 08:50:41 am
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27405: Aug 27, 2016 08:52:21 am
      I'd buy Joe Hart too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27406: Aug 27, 2016 09:52:40 am
      take him on loan with option to buy if we get CL football .City are prepared to contribute to his wages .but its not going to happen is it as its clear Jürgen rates Simon and we have yet to see our new goalkeeper play in anger
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27407: Aug 27, 2016 10:18:29 am
      Yeah, nice recommendation Brendan: "He's a good friend of Milly's"

Considering he bought Bogdan and Mignolet I don't think we'd be wise listening to the sagely advice of old Brendan there.

Jürgen please do not listen to Brendan,as Luke says Brendans success rate with signing good goalkeepers is very very low.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27408: Aug 27, 2016 03:04:21 pm
      Christ, I damn near thought I was reading the English press in here over the fawning for Joe Hart.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27409: Aug 28, 2016 10:06:31 am
      A few rumours doing the rounds with Pulisic, Coric and even Chriatian Fuchs a real life left back.

Have we woken up from our transfer slumber?

Imagine if we left it too late and were left desperately pissing against the wind on the deadline day and ended up with nothing.

Again.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #27410: Aug 28, 2016 10:40:56 am

Remember the £ is weak against the €, at present £11m could be €12m which before F***ing Britex would have been about £8m.

*all figures estimated the Farage way, with no actual research, but if I'm right I'll resign in the morning.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27411: Aug 28, 2016 12:51:10 pm
      So apparently we're landing Pulisic and Coric? How the F**k?

MIDFIELDER. LEFT BACK.

For God sake, i now know what it's like to be an Arsenal fan :lmao: Seriously though, very exciting if true.

Plus side is i'll save a ton of money on my Liverpool career on Footy Manager because i always try to land young players like these :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27412: Aug 28, 2016 12:56:25 pm
      Remember the £ is weak against the €, at present £11m could be €12m which before f**king Britex would have been about £8m.

*all figures estimated the Farage way, with no actual research, but if I'm right I'll resign in the morning.

Maybe FSG will put their hand in their pocket and pay in Dollars... :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #27413: Aug 28, 2016 12:56:53 pm
      A few rumours doing the rounds with Pulisic, Coric and even Chriatian Fuchs a real life left back.

Have we woken up from our transfer slumber?

Imagine if we left it too late and were left desperately pissing against the wind on the deadline day and ended up with nothing.

Again.

Seen that about Coric, granted a Daily Star rumour, but reading elsewhere that the player isn't happy at what he perceives to be Man City simply stock-piling players and now doesn't want to sign as he doesn't think he will get game time.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27414: Aug 28, 2016 01:47:00 pm
      Mane is improving the first XI, and by the look of Matip he will too (based on one match :) )
      Karius surely will be first choice and hopefully will improve on Mignolet.  Tho tbh, I'd go for Hart if he was available and worry about the fallout later.

Need a LB though, and ideally a midfielder - guys that can walk into the first XI - otherwise, what's the point. Not sure we can do it before the end of the window, but fingers crossed.

Imo this is Studge's last season to make an impression. If he can't get into decent goal figures and play more games, even though I'm a big fan, I'd move him on in the summer. Can't afford to be going into games against Arse, Spuds etc. without your main recognised striker being up to the task (in manager's eyes).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27415: Aug 28, 2016 01:49:46 pm
      Mane is improving the first XI, and by the look of Matip he will too (based on one match :) )
      Karius surely will be first choice and hopefully will improve on Mignolet.  Tho tbh, I'd go for Hart if he was available and worry about the fallout later.

Need a LB though, and ideally a midfielder - guys that can walk into the first XI - otherwise, what's the point. Not sure we can do it before the end of the window, but fingers crossed.

Imo this is Studge's last season to make an impression. If he can't get into decent goal figures and play more games, even though I'm a big fan, I'd move him on in the summer. Can't afford to be going into games against Arse, Spuds etc. without your main recognised striker being up to the task (in manager's eyes).

You say the manager might have the view that Sturridge isn't up to the task but whenever he gets a decent amount of game time he scores goals. He did it last season in some very important games so I don't get why he wouldn't be up to it now.

Quick Reply