Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204354 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27577: Dec 09, 2016 01:22:41 pm
      I inferred that "getting stuck" with Klopp's 2nd choice target was still a huge success
      Oh... "getting stuck"?

Who the F**k said we got stuck with Mane 'arry; you making sh*t up again? 

You do know you just wasted both your and my time by refuting an argument you invented and only which exsists in your head?  Why 'arry, why? :laugh:

'Harrydunn In Straw Man debate Shocker ' :lmao:

Joking aside... I get your point -Jürgen is brilliant and if his second choice is that good, then logic dictates, one can only imagine how much better his first picks are (or more accurately would have been).  ;)
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016 02:20:10 pm by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,918 posts | 961 
      Reply #27578: Dec 09, 2016 05:51:51 pm
      Oh... "getting stuck"?

Who the f**k said we got stuck with Mane 'arry; you making sh*t up again? 

You do know you just wasted both your and my time by refuting an argument you invented and only which exsists in your head?  Why 'arry, why? :laugh:

'Harrydunn In Straw Man debate Shocker ' :lmao:

Joking aside... I get your point -Jürgen is brilliant and if his second choice is that good, then logic dictates, one can only imagine how much better his first picks are (or more accurately would have been).  ;)

Who's arguing?  I made a tongue in cheek comment about Mane as a sarcastic way to praise both the player and the manager who recruited him.  You have somehow managed to blow that simple comment way out of proportion.... 
      harrydunn08

• 5,918 posts | 961 
      Reply #27579: Dec 09, 2016 05:58:36 pm
      Interesting definition of 2nd choice being used to be honest Harry.

Jürgen pulled the plug on the Gotze deal so to suggest whoever was chosen after that was 2nd preference doesn't seem a true representation of the facts to me.

Look at it like picking up a sandwich, looking at it closely and seeing it doesn't actually have the ingredients you what you see, then choosing one that actually does fits what you want. Have you really got your second choice, or were you just evaluating your options to begin with?

You may be right.  It seemed the Mane rumors only started after the Gotze deal collapsed, but it could be that Jürgen actually preferred Mane and decided to walk away from Mario.  It could also be that the Gotze deal wouldn't have affected our pursuit of Mane and we would have signed both had Mario been interested.  It's all hypothetical now I suppose, but the point I was making is that (unlike our former manager) Jürgen seems to have a more comprehensive list of targets that he wants, so even missing out on some of our targets won't have the same detrimental impact as it did before.  Example:  Sanchez -> Balotelli
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #27580: Dec 09, 2016 06:26:05 pm
      You may be right.  It seemed the Mane rumors only started after the Gotze deal collapsed, but it could be that Jürgen actually preferred Mane and decided to walk away from Mario.  It could also be that the Gotze deal wouldn't have affected our pursuit of Mane and we would have signed both had Mario been interested.  It's all hypothetical now I suppose, but the point I was making is that (unlike our former manager) Jürgen seems to have a more comprehensive list of targets that he wants, so even missing out on some of our targets won't have the same detrimental impact as it did before.  Example:  Sanchez -> Balotelli

Oh I absolutely see where you're coming from Harry, perfect sense to be honest mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27581: Dec 09, 2016 07:25:48 pm
      Who's arguing?  I made a tongue in cheek comment about Mane as a sarcastic way to praise both the player and the manager who recruited him.  You have somehow managed to blow that simple comment way out of proportion.... 
      :gt-happyup:

Or... or...  it was actually you who managed to somehow blow my simple comment way out of proportion; depending on one's philosophical bent. ;)

My original post; the one that started it...
      I thought the same about Gotze but who knows, you may well be right.  😎
      Pretty innocuous: right?  :laugh:

Just to be clear 'arry... at no point have I taken any of our conversation seriously or 'to heart' - hence my two  (count 'em... two) likes for your posts and countless smilies.

You could you do me a favour tho': (as much as i like living in his head, i actually enjoy the fact that I don't have to read his pretentious, drivel even more) - please refrain from quoting that sad F**k Luke?  :roll:

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27582: Dec 09, 2016 10:05:02 pm
      Yes we are talking them games because it still shows a players weaknesses. You can't excuse a player being sh*te just because it was a different competition. Also if that is when a team has the best of what they can offer then it doesn't look good does it because it shows he can't cut it against the best.

Goal Keepers are more likely to concede against "Top Quality" players It is just fact... To say that Hart conceded 4 goals for England in five attempts on target against "Top Quality" players is not that disastrous. It does not mean that he is a bad goal keeper, Keepers have bad games. He has proven himself time and time again in a City Jersey and in a England one to boot... If let say Sturrigde had 4 goals from 5 attempts against De Gea, or Manuel Neuer you would not be say how sh*t De Gea, or Neuer are you would be say how great Sturrigde is

Where did I say different? In fact I said it would be no different to having Migs so that's acknowledging that Migs messes up a lot seeing as I said it about Hart.

Nice try but maybe try reading my post properly next time.

You did not, I did, But you did mention "Blunders" and I was merely pointing out that both Migs and Karius are not the safest pair of hand either...

I suggest that it is you who should "try reading my post properly next time"  :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27583: Dec 09, 2016 10:44:13 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27584: Dec 09, 2016 10:47:39 pm
      Goal Keepers are more likely to concede against "Top Quality" players It is just fact... To say that Hart conceded 4 goals for England in five attempts on target against "Top Quality" players is not that disastrous. It does not mean that he is a bad goal keeper, Keepers have bad games. He has proven himself time and time again in a City Jersey and in a England one to boot... If let say Sturrigde had 4 goals from 5 attempts against De Gea, or Manuel Neuer you would not be say how sh*t De Gea, or Neuer are you would be say how great Sturrigde is

So Iceland has "Top Quality" players?...

You did not, I did, But you did mention "Blunders" and I was merely pointing out that both Migs and Karius are not the safest pair of hand either...

You weren't pointing out anything, you were trying to question something I didn't say so like I said, read my post properly.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27585: Dec 10, 2016 12:20:06 am
      They are the best that Iceland have. And just becuase you have not heard of some of them it does not mean that they are not "Quality"...

You weren't pointing out anything, you were trying to question something I didn't say so like I said, read my post properly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27586: Dec 10, 2016 12:24:10 am
      They are the best that Iceland have. And just becuase you have not heard of some of them it does not mean that they are not "Quality"...

So because it's the best they have that makes them "top quality"...

You said the Euro's don't count because it's for facing the top players and keepers are more likely to concede against top quality players. Just because they are the top players from that country doesn't make them top quality regardless if we have heard of them or not. Although if they are top quality then the chances are we would have heard of them.

You're clutching lad.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27587: Dec 10, 2016 12:25:54 am

You weren't pointing out anything, you were trying to question something  so like I said, read my post properly.

I didn't say??..I didn't say??..

Hart, the man who let something like 4 goals in when facing 5 shots at the Euro's. The man who has cost Torino on a number of occasions to add to his blunders throughout last season.

No different to giving Migs a new contract.

He's only 1st choice for England because Butland is injured.

There is your hold post blunders and all.... I know what I said, apparently you do not
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27588: Dec 10, 2016 12:27:06 am
      don't know hat happen there
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27589: Dec 10, 2016 12:35:16 am
      So because it's the best they have that makes them "top quality"...

You said the Euro's don't count because it's for facing the top players and keepers are more likely to concede against top quality players. Just because they are the top players from that country doesn't make them top quality regardless if we have heard of them or not. Although if they are top quality then the chances are we would have heard of them.

You're clutching lad.

It's not that the Euro's does not count It is just that in a competition such as that you face the creme de la creme in every match in the premier league that is not the case, beside witch just because one manager does not rate him it does not mean that he is not a great keeper... Some City and Chelsea managers did not rate Sturrigde...

As for me "clutching" I am just simply stating my option 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27590: Dec 10, 2016 12:35:23 am
      There is your hold post blunders and all.... I know what I said, apparently you do not

Clearly you don't know because when I said that, you started going on about Migs and Karius.

as for Blunders Migs and Karius are totally free of them are they?...

As I said,

Where did I say different? In fact I said it would be no different to having Migs so that's acknowledging that Migs messes up a lot seeing as I said it about Hart.

I don't even know why you are going on about blunders again, where has that even been mentioned tonight? You were saying the quality of Iceland and now quoting about blunders from the other day.

Seriously lad you are clutching at straws here.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27591: Dec 10, 2016 12:37:20 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27592: Dec 10, 2016 12:39:00 am
      It's not that the Euro's does not count It is just that in a competition such as that you face the creme de la creme in every match in the premier league that is not the case

You don't though, facing Iceland should be no different to facing someone like West Brom. When was the last time you saw Iceland players dominating International football like the Germans, Spanish, Italians, Brazilians etc? You don't face the "creme de la creme" in every match. The best a country has to offer maybe but it doesn't mean they should be a tough opposition. Hart was sh*t and cost England goals, simple.

If you rate him then that's up to you, I wont try and change your mind, but don't try clutching at straws and twisting my posts.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27593: Dec 10, 2016 12:40:02 am
      Clearly you don't know because when I said that, you started going on about Migs and Karius.

As I said,

I don't even know why you are going on about blunders again, where has that even been mentioned tonight? You were saying the quality of Iceland and now quoting about blunders from the other day.

Seriously lad you are clutching at straws here.

Well what you posted and my reply is there for everyone to see... I will leave it at that
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27594: Dec 10, 2016 12:44:08 am
      Well what you posted and my reply is there for everyone to see... I will leave it at that

:roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27595: Dec 10, 2016 12:46:24 am
      You do know that each country whether it be in the Euro, The Cup of Nations, World Cup or The Confederations Cup Will send the best they have to offer "The Creme Dela Creme" Their  "The Creme Dela Creme" It was not meant as the best players picked from players of different nationalities but rather the best that a Country has to offer
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27596: Dec 10, 2016 12:56:56 am
      You do know that each country whether it be in the Euro, The Cup of Nations, World Cup or The Confederations Cup Will send the best they have to offer "The Creme Dela Creme" Their  "The Creme Dela Creme" It was not meant as the best players picked from players of different nationalities but rather the best that a Country has to offer

I know, that's why I said;

You don't face the "creme de la creme" in every match. The best a country has to offer maybe but it doesn't mean they should be a tough opposition.

You're doing it again.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27597: Dec 10, 2016 01:41:24 am
      I know, that's why I said;

You're doing it again.

That's just the point, They do... The Creme Dela Creme of that Country The Creme Dela Creme of that Country
      And there I was think that it was me not explaining what i meant very well...  :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27598: Dec 10, 2016 01:42:37 am
      That's just the point, They do... The Creme Dela Creme of that Country The Creme Dela Creme of that Country

What?... What are you even trying to do a link to?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27599: Dec 10, 2016 01:48:00 am
      What?... What are you even trying to do a link to?
      Sorry mate i guess that you are playing dumb to wind me up so I,ll call it a nite.. ;D Sleep well my friend

Quick Reply