Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199607 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27600: Dec 10, 2016 01:57:50 am
      Sorry mate i guess that you are playing dumb to wind me up so I,ll call it a nite.. ;D Sleep well my friend

No, you had a link to something in your post on the "creme de la creme" part but you have modified your post and have since changed it to bold writing which I'm guessing you were trying to do in the first place so don't even start trying to pull that!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27601: Dec 10, 2016 12:41:24 pm
      No, you had a link to something in your post on the "creme de la creme" part but you have modified your post and have since changed it to bold writing which I'm guessing you were trying to do in the first place so don't even start trying to pull that!
      Morning....
      If I modified any of my post It has more to do with (a) I have misspelled or left some thing out ( Do not tend to proof read, and my auto correct sometime  put in the incorrect word)... (b) Trying to simplify/ or make clear what I am trying to say... The fact that you have posted replies before I can correct it has more to do with the speed of my typing (So Slow) than me trying to deceive or make someone look bad... If you have posted any replies before I could modify/correct any of the mistake i have made I am sorry... I will try to use the Preview button in future post to save any confusion (No sarcasm meant)

Having said that I stand by what I have said... We have a difference of opinion which is great as it is what drives conversation on this site... I am sure we will lock horns again at some point enjoy your Weekend 7-King Kenny-7
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27602: Dec 10, 2016 10:45:23 pm
      Leicester City Put 4 pass Hart, :f_tongueincheek: Sorry Bravo today... In all Honesty I feel Hart would have stopped the second
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27603: Dec 12, 2016 09:23:01 am
      Is it any wonder I take drugs?  :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #27604: Dec 12, 2016 11:32:56 am
      Is it odd that I don't think we will sign anyone in January?

Feel like Klopp is going to stand pat and use kids where he thinks we need reinforcements.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #27605: Dec 12, 2016 11:36:17 am

Feel like Klopp is going to stand pat and use kids where he thinks we need reinforcements.

I'd be amazed
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #27606: Dec 12, 2016 11:36:47 am

Think that would be a mistake as of right know I think only Ojo has the skill set and physical attributes to make a meaningful contribution. But he is probably a couple of games away from being match ready.

Ejaria , Woodburn et al as talented as they are would like boys against men, their time will come though.

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016 11:55:04 am by HScRed1 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #27607: Dec 12, 2016 11:46:08 am

Probably going off of the last few January's

However I'm not convinced there was money to spend in previous January Windows, certainly not without affecting the following summers spend as we have always net spent around that 30 m figure in the summers before those January's

This summer though we essentially spent zero, cut the wage bill.. Money will be there and we need a couple of players

I'd imagine every effort will be made this January to bring someone in, maybe two..
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27608: Dec 12, 2016 12:31:57 pm

If we fail to add in January it may cost us in terms of league position in my opinion, we need strengthening at the back & front.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27609: Dec 12, 2016 03:56:49 pm
      Think that would be a mistake as of right know I think only Ojo has the skill set and physical attributes to make a meaningful contribution. But he is probably a couple of games away from being match ready.

Ejaria , Woodburn et al as talented as they are would like boys against men, their time will come though.

He's not that quick to throw people on anyway. It seemed like Sunday might have been a good time for an offensive sub, but I guess he didn't feel the kids would have brought an upgrade at that time, which I guess means they are only on the bench in case of an injury or a lopsided scoreline.

He referenced that in his presser today, that he has experienced subs available in defense and midfield, but not so much in attack, so he would be more likely to look at an offensive player in January. He has mentioned that before in reference to Mane being gone.

I wonder if he has someone in mind. If so, we'll probably only hear about it when they are announcing the deal.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #27610: Dec 13, 2016 09:24:50 am

Still remember last January you said so and you're right FL, that time I'm against your opinion and this time I'm still the same, I believe Klopp will sign someone. I'll wait and see ha ha.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #27611: Dec 13, 2016 09:40:16 am
      I've been thinking a lot about the goalkeeping suggestion and it got me wondering...

Anyone reckon we should go for Joe Hart?  ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #27612: Dec 13, 2016 09:58:34 am
      I've been thinking a lot about the goalkeeping suggestion and it got me wondering...

Anyone reckon we should go for Joe Hart?  ;)

Rather go for Miranda Hart

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #27613: Dec 13, 2016 02:10:57 pm
      Still remember last January you said so and you're right FL, that time I'm against your opinion and this time I'm still the same, I believe Klopp will sign someone. I'll wait and see ha ha.

Hope you are right  and I'm wrong, but I guess ultimately he knows what he wants/needs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27614: Dec 13, 2016 02:44:06 pm
      Some must have missed the reports on some of Torino's games this season if they think Hart would be a great replacement. All I've seen is stuff saying "Hart makes another mistake." "Hart costs Torino a goal." "Hart narrowly avoids humiliation." etc.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27615: Dec 13, 2016 04:07:41 pm
      Some must have missed the reports on some of Torino's games this season if they think Hart would be a great replacement. All I've seen is stuff saying "Hart makes another mistake." "Hart costs Torino a goal." "Hart narrowly avoids humiliation." etc.

I think most people just read the English press continually bigging him up and acting all horrified at his "treatment" at the hands of the nasty foreigner in charge at City.

Truth is, he's one of the worst international 'keepers England has had.
      Remember the days when England had Clemence, Shilton and Corrigan all vying for the top spot?
      Corrigan would piss it now, that's how far English goalkeeping has fallen.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #27616: Dec 13, 2016 04:30:31 pm
      Hope you are right  and I'm wrong, but I guess ultimately he knows what he wants/needs.

Didn't Klopp attempt to sign that lad Teixeira last January, but Shaktar's owner kept raising the asking price so he eventually went to China?  Maybe we will try and fail again this January ;)

In all honesty, I can't see us signing anyone (now or in the summer) unless it is the right player at a reasonable price, and it will likely be hard to find many that fit that category in January....
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #27617: Dec 14, 2016 12:56:53 am

Truth is, he's one of the worst international 'keepers England has had.

Kopite78
      Reply #27618: Dec 14, 2016 07:12:07 am

Remember the days when England had Clemence, Shilton and Corrigan all vying for the top spot?
      Corrigan would piss it now

I don't rate Hart either but that's a bit strong

Corrigan's like 68
       :P
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27619: Dec 14, 2016 07:51:42 am

Or robert wagner or even Stephanie powers (one for the kids)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #27620: Dec 16, 2016 11:19:08 pm
      Anyone seen these rumours about this Kessie lad. I admit only seen a few clips of the lad but my lord I want him. He seems to have that thing Suarez has, knowing how to manipulate the ball in a tackle.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27621: Dec 16, 2016 11:47:48 pm
      Anyone seen these rumours about this Kessie lad. I admit only seen a few clips of the lad but my lord I want him. He seems to have that thing Suarez has, knowing how to manipulate the ball in a tackle.

I've seen the rumours and stuff but never heard of him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27622: Dec 17, 2016 12:03:32 am
      He seems to have that thing Suarez has, knowing how to manipulate the ball in a tackle.

I think Suarez just has a magnet between the ball and his boots. How he manages to keep the ball half the time is beyond me, even chucks in a load of nutmegs too at the same time. Other than Messi, I can't think of anyone that can get through the challenges like he can.

Quick Reply