Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494740 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1978: Mar 27, 2015 06:22:05 pm
      The new £150k contract not looking too clever now. Esp with his past track record!

His past 2 years have been consisting of smashing the ball in to the back of the net at a very good rate!

In terms of his injury I agree though.

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised though, expected this sooner to be honest. Rodgers says about the need to gradually get players back to fitness etc but then goes and plays him for nearly 120 in the Europa League when he had only recently gotten back from injury, that certainly wouldn't have helped.

For a club that is supposed to have such a good sports science department and God knows what, it's about time they admitted they just haven't got a clue how to manage Sturridge. They sorted out Gerrards groin problem but thats it. Far too many players are constantly getting injured and it's very very rarely to do with the opposition putting in a bad challenge, it's always a muscle injury.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #1979: Mar 31, 2015 01:44:26 pm
      How many times has been in the press that he doesn't even try and play through the pain barrier, if that isn't true I would expect him to come out and defend himself, but when Carra says it you know it will be true.
      Something is wrong with this guy....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1980: Mar 31, 2015 03:23:20 pm
      I'm all for being a warrior (shameless pun, i expect $10 from the sponsors) but his injuries cannot be played through. Leg muscles are a F***ing bi*ch and if rushed or mistreated they take longer.

The guy needs to be lathered in horse placenta.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #1981: Apr 02, 2015 02:30:37 pm
      Seems fine from the training pictures.Read somewhere that he may be available for Arsenal game too.All that 1 month bullshit was a made up story apparently.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1982: Apr 02, 2015 02:47:13 pm
      Seems fine from the training pictures.Read somewhere that he may be available for Arsenal game too.All that 1 month bullshit was a made up story apparently.

Not like the papers to do that.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1983: Apr 02, 2015 08:48:04 pm
      Might be sort of a blessing in disguise, it's no coincidence we have been a lot less threatening up front since his return.
      I would have thought by now he would be back to full fitness but he just does not seem like the Daniel of old, he can't beat a player for pace, doesn't run the channels stretching defenders out of position.

I hope it's a mental thing and his injury has not had a permanent effect of robbing him of that acceleration that frightened defenders to death.

Also confirms the need for another top class striker as he can not be relied on to play a handful of games never mind a full season.

Edit : The Mirror reporting this, best to wait until the club confirm anything but my post still stands.

A "blessing in disguise"?Seriously?To have the league´s most lethal striker last season along with Suarez to be out for the rest of the current one? So we can go back to relying on who?Balotelli?So we can burn Sterling out again?The man was out for half of the whole season and you want him back at 100% just like that.Ridiculous.He needs more games to get his pace and confidence back.He´s already scored and his skill is unquestionable.He just needs to get back to fitness.

I´ll agree that this only heightens the need to get a top,fast striker next season.The rest of your post is ridiculous.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1984: Apr 02, 2015 11:21:51 pm

Meant he missed wasting his time with Ingerland though.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #1985: Apr 03, 2015 05:50:50 am
      Passed fit fot Arsenal game.Confirmed
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1986: Apr 03, 2015 11:28:38 am
      Passed fit fot Arsenal game.Confirmed

Thats good, but will he be himself of the last few games or the Daniel of last season?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1987: Apr 03, 2015 05:05:36 pm
      Thats good, but will he be himself of the last few games or the Daniel of last season?

Well seeing as he scored last time out, it's pretty good if he is like he was before the injury.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #1988: Apr 04, 2015 03:42:20 pm
      Looks bang average at the moment....shocked how much that injury has taken out of him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1989: Apr 04, 2015 03:52:18 pm
      This season has been a wash due to his injuries. Can't expect him to come back in and be brilliant right away.  He's still a player, but if he can't stay fit then we need to find another first option.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1990: Apr 04, 2015 03:59:08 pm
      Looks bang average at the moment....shocked how much that injury has taken out of him

Yeah, but as some mentioned, he really needs a partner. I just feel he's more of a traditional striker where a support striker would bring the best out of him, be it a target man or creative striker, he just needs a friend to play along side him, otherwise, I feel we'll continue to see an average to good striker rather than exceptional to world class one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1991: Apr 08, 2015 09:51:49 pm
      Don't know what's happened to Danny but I doubt I have seen a more inept performance from a LFC forward ever.........
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1992: Apr 08, 2015 10:45:49 pm
      Sturridge is playing like someone afraid of getting injured again. As long as he has that lingering doubt in his mind, we're not going to see him at his best.

His form is probably the last person's I'm concerned with, though. Still the only player in the squad that can finish halfway decent opportunities.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1993: Apr 08, 2015 10:59:13 pm
      Sturridge is playing like someone afraid of getting injured again. As long as he has that lingering doubt in his mind, we're not going to see him at his best.

His form is probably the last person's I'm concerned with, though. Still the only player in the squad that can finish halfway decent opportunities.

His touch is woeful right now, hopefully that's just rust.

But you are right...he does seem to be worried too much about getting hurt. Guess I can understand why but if he doesn't play fearlessly, he won't be the same player he's been.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1994: Apr 08, 2015 11:03:06 pm
      He's basically playing like it's pre season.  He's barely played all season and is nowhere near match fit.  I doubt that'll happen this season but undoubtedly he needs to be playing as his fitness could return at any time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1995: Apr 08, 2015 11:04:21 pm
      He's basically playing like it's pre season.  He's barely played all season and is nowhere near match fit.  I doubt that'll happen this season but undoubtedly he needs to be playing as his fitness could return at any time.

Won't see him properly back until August Debs.

I'd be happy to see him used on and off from here on in just to gradually get him back to his best.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1996: Apr 08, 2015 11:05:37 pm
      Thing is there are times when you see flashes of the old Studge...but then he'll play a ball (or not play it) that makes you really scratch your head.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1997: Apr 08, 2015 11:06:28 pm
      Won't see him properly back until August Debs.

I'd be happy to see him used on and off from here on in just to gradually get him back to his best.

I don't think we will either Si and I think 60/70 minutes a game till his sharpness is back is fine but who knows the medics might have told him to hold back a bit for now and that's why we're not seeing him exert himself much.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1998: Apr 08, 2015 11:07:24 pm
      I don't think we will either Si and I think 60/70 minutes a game till his sharpness is back is fine but who knows the medics might have told him to hold back a bit for now and that's why we're not seeing him exert himself much.

Yep.

Or even starting one and then coming off the bench for the next.

I'm sure the manager knows what way to deal with his fitness so I'm happy to leave it to him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1999: Apr 08, 2015 11:08:36 pm
      Yep.

Or even starting one and then coming off the bench for the next.

I'm sure the manager knows what way to deal with his fitness so I'm happy to leave it to him.

Same mate just a shame he's starting to get a bit of grief from some fans after such a long layoff.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2000: Apr 08, 2015 11:11:18 pm

That's just ridiculous if that was the case he would be playing for the U21's.

Quick Reply