Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494858 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #2070: May 08, 2015 12:31:47 am
      So he's already missing the start of next season, honestly I'm starting to think his career is in jeopardy rather than just simply hoping he comes back as good as ever.

He's missed almost a full season, coming back from operation, we're not likely to see the best of Sturridge for many weeks after his return. We need 2 strikers at his level (talent) or better and I don't think we'll even get one.

It's a borderline pisstake his injury record.

I am discounting him for next season allready expecting such an injury prone player to come back to his best after a 4 month lay off is naive at best.

Need 2 starting stikers in the summer no compromise.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2071: May 08, 2015 08:21:02 am
      Judging by how he comes back from injury I'd guess closer to Christmas before we see the real Sturridge.

Odds on this will be the case mate. F**k, we need 2 serious Strikers in this window.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2072: May 08, 2015 09:36:13 am
      Have to feel sorry for him and have to wonder just where that leaves us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2073: May 08, 2015 11:24:33 am
      So he's already missing the start of next season, honestly I'm starting to think his career is in jeopardy rather than just simply hoping he comes back as good as ever.

He's missed almost a full season, coming back from operation, we're not likely to see the best of Sturridge for many weeks after his return. We need 2 strikers at his level (talent) or better and I don't think we'll even get one.

It was probably be one 'decent' striker (Benteke) and the other spot will be filled by one of the current three misfits being given an extra season.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2074: May 08, 2015 11:43:52 am
      Hopefully fit by the 2nd-4th week of the season...what a waste.

The only positive about this is FSG/Brendan know they cannot count on him and that players like Balo, Lambert & Borini are not going to work.

Maybe this Summer we might actually get a real striker.

It's September, according to BR's press conference, but no indication on whether early or late September. That's just to start training which means he'll have no pre-season under his belt for a second season running so realistically we're looking at November before he's match fit. That's almost half next season gone. The need for a top class Striker has never been more apparent.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2075: May 08, 2015 12:20:37 pm
      gutted for him out till mid november. FSG now need to back BR and buy two top strikers established ones for 30mil each or give up hopes of top 4
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2076: May 08, 2015 01:22:46 pm
      Real shame, but touchwood he comes back and is with us for the rest of the season, probably october b4 he is proper fit.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #2077: May 09, 2015 12:16:07 pm
      He looked sh*te when he came back, his touch was awful. Not the same Danny.
      The only positive is we now have no excuses - we need 2 top strikers...where the F**k are they?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2078: May 09, 2015 02:41:42 pm
      He looked sh*te when he came back, his touch was awful. Not the same Danny.
      The only positive is we now have no excuses - we need 2 top strikers...where the f**k are they?

Origi and Ings

Great stuff

I've got a semi at the thought
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2079: May 09, 2015 03:30:14 pm
      Origi and Ings

Great stuff

I've got a semi at the thought

If they're the only strikers we sign, it won't be a Chamion's League semi!

;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2080: May 09, 2015 03:40:21 pm
      If they're the only strikers we sign, it won't be a Chamion's League semi!

;)

Won't even be a league cup semi mate :P
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #2081: Jun 28, 2015 04:38:18 pm
      Article update on the fitness of Studge:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-striker-sturridge-staying-boston-9542280

Liverpool striker Sturridge staying in Boston to continue his rehab after surgery

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is being treated by medical staff at the Boston Red Sox as he continues his rehabilitation following hip surgery.

The England international was in Jamaica last weekend to attend an event for his charitable foundation but has since returned to America and is based in Massachusetts.

Reds owners Fenway Sports Group, who also own the Red Sox, have taken a hands on interest in Sturridgeā€™s fitness as they look to find a solution to his worrying succession of muscle injuries.

Sturridge, who penned a lucrative new deal worth around Ā£140,000 per week last October, was limited to just seven league starts last season.

He initially flew to the States back in early May to work with physiotherapists and fitness coaches at the Boston Red Sox baseball team

After a week of assessments, the decision was taken for him to be operated on by orthopaedic surgeon Dr Bryan T Kelly in New York.

The surgery was hailed as a success but Sturridge was told he would be sidelined for a further four months and isnā€™t expected to play again until September.

Most of his rehab has taken place in America and he has previously spoken about his gratitude for what Liverpoolā€™s owners have done for him.

ā€œI like America, the way of thinking is different,ā€ he said.

ā€œWhen youā€™re injured itā€™s important to have a different mentality. You have to channel yourself that youā€™re not a football player, that you could be a boxer or a tennis player or whatever it may be.

ā€œYou have to have a single-minded mentality to get back in the best shape possible. When youā€™re injured itā€™s important to have that type of mentality. Thatā€™s why, being out here, Iā€™m single-minded, zoning in on what I have to do and itā€™s great to be here

ā€œThe physios at Liverpool are top class, but itā€™s a change of environment that worked before and I wanted to do it again.

ā€œThe Boston physio is unbelievable. Heā€™s a great guy and the treatments that he does and the techniques that he uses are amazing.

ā€œIā€™m grateful to be able to work with him because he is an amazing physio. And the fitness coaches here are really good too. So Iā€™m looking forward to getting myself in the best shape possible to aim to return to health and to perform extremely well next season.

ā€œThe owners have done everything for me. Iā€™ve nothing but gratitude towards them. Theyā€™ve moved heaven and earth for me to be comfortable. So I cannot thank them enough for what theyā€™ve done for me. Iā€™m very grateful.

ā€œItā€™s humbling. They have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and to get me whatever I need. I can never thank them enough. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to repay with them goals.ā€

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015 05:00:13 pm by 7-King Kenny-7, Reason: MOD Edit: Post the article too, not just the link. »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2082: Jun 30, 2015 12:22:24 pm
      Article update on the fitness of Studge:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-striker-sturridge-staying-boston-9542280

Liverpool striker Sturridge staying in Boston to continue his rehab after surgery

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is being treated by medical staff at the Boston Red Sox as he continues his rehabilitation following hip surgery.

The England international was in Jamaica last weekend to attend an event for his charitable foundation but has since returned to America and is based in Massachusetts.

Reds owners Fenway Sports Group, who also own the Red Sox, have taken a hands on interest in Sturridgeā€™s fitness as they look to find a solution to his worrying succession of muscle injuries.

Sturridge, who penned a lucrative new deal worth around Ā£140,000 per week last October, was limited to just seven league starts last season.

He initially flew to the States back in early May to work with physiotherapists and fitness coaches at the Boston Red Sox baseball team

After a week of assessments, the decision was taken for him to be operated on by orthopaedic surgeon Dr Bryan T Kelly in New York.

The surgery was hailed as a success but Sturridge was told he would be sidelined for a further four months and isnā€™t expected to play again until September.

Most of his rehab has taken place in America and he has previously spoken about his gratitude for what Liverpoolā€™s owners have done for him.

ā€œI like America, the way of thinking is different,ā€ he said.

ā€œWhen youā€™re injured itā€™s important to have a different mentality. You have to channel yourself that youā€™re not a football player, that you could be a boxer or a tennis player or whatever it may be.

ā€œYou have to have a single-minded mentality to get back in the best shape possible. When youā€™re injured itā€™s important to have that type of mentality. Thatā€™s why, being out here, Iā€™m single-minded, zoning in on what I have to do and itā€™s great to be here

ā€œThe physios at Liverpool are top class, but itā€™s a change of environment that worked before and I wanted to do it again.

ā€œThe Boston physio is unbelievable. Heā€™s a great guy and the treatments that he does and the techniques that he uses are amazing.

ā€œIā€™m grateful to be able to work with him because he is an amazing physio. And the fitness coaches here are really good too. So Iā€™m looking forward to getting myself in the best shape possible to aim to return to health and to perform extremely well next season.

ā€œThe owners have done everything for me. Iā€™ve nothing but gratitude towards them. Theyā€™ve moved heaven and earth for me to be comfortable. So I cannot thank them enough for what theyā€™ve done for me. Iā€™m very grateful.

ā€œItā€™s humbling. They have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and to get me whatever I need. I can never thank them enough. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to repay with them goals.ā€

great stuff and made up for him but whats that say about our medical staff,also we have no club dr and have to conduct medicals in local private hospitals. maybe FSG think all that stuff should be outsourced as its cost affective but i would think being around the squad and attending games also is important
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2083: Jun 30, 2015 12:45:24 pm
      touch wood thats him ready to come back in september and start leadin the line again.

Out of all the sh1te last season we missed his badly, if he had been fit, we would have got top 4 easy, and probably a final, cos the team would have been playing better with a confident studger firing them on.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2084: Jun 30, 2015 01:05:49 pm
      be like a new signing when he's back 100% fit and not injured again
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2085: Jun 30, 2015 04:32:22 pm
      It's nice to get an update, but even if he starts playing Spetember, he won't be back to his best until end of November I reckon - that's provided he doesn't pick up any more injuries. Really sad for him because these are the prime years of his career and he's had so much sh*t to deal with, must be gutting.

Wish him all the best, hope he gets back to full fitness.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2086: Jul 01, 2015 07:47:40 am
      Might be tough just now for him and LFC, but if they do get it sorted he could have a really long career for LFC, and we watch a fine striker scoring many many fine goals.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2087: Jul 01, 2015 08:42:56 am
      Might be tough just now for him and LFC, but if they do get it sorted he could have a really long career for LFC, and we watch a fine striker scoring many many fine goals.
      here here mate even injured he's still our best striker and probably best player behind coutino as we've not seen firmino yet. i've got a strong feelign this time FSG are not messing about and wont bring him back till he's fit and ready to train
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2088: Jul 07, 2015 05:15:06 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2089: Jul 07, 2015 10:11:42 pm
      We can't rely on Sturridge, I just see it as a bonus when he is fit rather than expecting it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2090: Jul 07, 2015 10:56:27 pm
      He was fit most of season before last, hopefully the work he's done in Boston will help him, I'm optimistic he will be good again.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2091: Jul 07, 2015 11:00:50 pm
      It's like having a new signing when he plays now. Hopefully he'll have his feet more on the ground this time around when he returns and not try to do it all himself. Remember his attitude on the pitch was disgraceful at times when he played last season.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2092: Jul 09, 2015 07:52:05 am

Hopefully he doesn't get injured while punching that bag.

Quick Reply