Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494857 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #2415: Nov 27, 2015 04:24:58 am
      Daniel Sturridge: A professional hospital patient whose career has been blighted by football

https://twitter.com/Lil_Magician10/status/669968657364230144/photo/1
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2416: Nov 27, 2015 08:08:46 am
      Sturridge's morning days :

https://twitter.com/liverpooIstuff/status/669956758597713920

Maybe if he gets fit and bangs them in, we sell him for a good profit in the summer.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2417: Nov 27, 2015 08:10:57 am
      It's time to cut our losses and let Danny boy go, with his injury record it will be hard to find another club to take him even on a free transfer. I used to think Harry Kewell was a liability but Danny has surpassed him with injuries.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2418: Nov 27, 2015 08:32:09 am
      It's time to cut our losses and let Danny boy go, with his injury record it will be hard to find another club to take him even on a free transfer. I used to think Harry Kewell was a liability but Danny has surpassed him with injuries.

Agreed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2419: Nov 27, 2015 09:22:39 am
      People are just frustrated because he is our best player. Nobody would care if it was Joe Allen  :)

Since when was Daniel our best player? I think Coutinho is our best player personally!!

Sell Sturridge on in the summer, can't be trusted to ever be 100% fit, look elsewhere for another striker now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2420: Nov 27, 2015 09:26:15 am
      All those saying get rid, who's going to buy him? Even if we drop our asking price for him, are there any clubs out there that will match the massive contract we gave him last year considering he misses as many games as he plays?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2421: Nov 27, 2015 09:28:58 am
      All those saying get rid, who's going to buy him? Even if we drop our asking price for him, are there any clubs out there that will match the massive contract we gave him last year considering he misses as many games as he plays?

It'll be a step down, but you'll have at least a couple of teams who'll take a punt, won't be top teams though.

So should we just take the horse-racing option, put him down and collect on the insurance?  :lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2422: Nov 27, 2015 09:37:11 am

It would be a massive gamble for anyone, it's why a couple of years ago when people were trying to put £40m+ on his head that I was saying it was all subject to his fitness. Right now what would we get for him??

My guess is we could get around £20m still but the contract he'd be offered might be something along the lines of a pay per play which of course he wouldn't move off his cushy £100k a week for so it's not really an option.

Gutting to speak like this about Studge though, just sort yourself out lad... (he said with not a single ounce of belief it will happen).
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 10:40:41 am by KopiteLuke »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2423: Nov 27, 2015 10:24:30 am

West Ham paid £15m+ for Carroll. I'm sure they'll hand over a few quid for Sturridge :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2424: Nov 27, 2015 10:56:48 am
      Sturridge won't be sold, not because we want him but because he's under contract for quite some time yet and nobody else will want an injury ridden player. According to papers he gets 150k a week until October 2019. Who is going to offer better than this to Sturridge? If we get rid we would have to pay compensation. This is what will happen, he will play for us until his contract runs out which could be few and far between games. I see that being Sturridge retiring from football since he will be 31 when his contract runs out. It is in out interest to get on with it, get behind our player as he is fantastic when he does play. Selling him won't be an option regardless how frustrating these injuries are.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2425: Nov 27, 2015 11:04:22 am
      It would be a massive gamble for anyone, it's why a couple of years ago when people were trying to put £40m+ on his head that I was saying it was all subject to his fitness. Right now what would we get for him??

My guess is we could get around £20m still but the contract he'd be offered might be something along the lines of a pay per play which of course he wouldn't move off his cushy £100k a week for so it's not really an option.

Gutting to speak like this about Studge though, just sort yourself out lad... (he said with not a single ounce of belief it will happen).
      What team is going to pay 20m for a player that is so injury ridden has to be put on a pay per play? I've been picked up on saying some outrageous things but that takes the biscuit, it's like spending 100,000 on a faulty Ferrari that is usually 200k, but justifying that spending by saying it will be cheaper on petrol because I can't use it to get to work because it is dodgy, but I can use it to drive round the corner to pick up fish and chips every so often. It would not get the stage where Sturridge would refuse to move from his 150k a week pay packet.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2426: Nov 27, 2015 11:21:15 am
      What team is going to pay 20m for a player that is so injury ridden has to be put on a pay per play? I've been picked up on saying some outrageous things but that takes the biscuit, it's like spending 100,000 on a faulty Ferrari that is usually 200k, but justifying that spending by saying it will be cheaper on petrol because I can't use it to get to work because it is dodgy, but I can use it to drive round the corner to pick up fish and chips every so often. It would not get the stage where Sturridge would refuse to move from his 150k a week pay packet.

English, 2nd best striker in the league on his day and you really think nobody would take a chance dependent on the contract they could offer him? He's 26 and even if he played half the games for a lower league team he'd probably keep them up virtually single handedly, of course we'd find a buyer but his contract would prevent any move as I've said.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2427: Nov 27, 2015 11:35:08 am
      How he stands with his injury,any chance coming back soon?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2428: Nov 27, 2015 11:56:58 am
      Twitter rumours suggesting 2 months out which normally can be ignored but in Danny's case..........umh
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2429: Nov 27, 2015 12:23:13 pm

Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Villa - the usual suspects really!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2430: Nov 27, 2015 01:07:19 pm
      @pjoyceexpress: Jürgen Klopp on Daniel Sturridge: "You have to learn what is serious pain and what is only pain. everyone wants him back on the pitch."

Doesn't seem Like the boss is too impressed in the fight in Danny.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2431: Nov 27, 2015 01:10:38 pm
      someone didn't drink there milk and eat there vegetables when they were a little boy!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2432: Nov 27, 2015 01:27:34 pm
      someone didn't drink there milk and eat there vegetables when they were a little boy!!

And Ian Rush says if you don't drink lots of milk, you'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2433: Nov 27, 2015 01:55:46 pm
      Sturridge won't be sold, not because we want him but because he's under contract for quite some time yet and nobody else will want an injury ridden player. According to papers he gets 150k a week until October 2019. Who is going to offer better than this to Sturridge? If we get rid we would have to pay compensation. This is what will happen, he will play for us until his contract runs out which could be few and far between games. I see that being Sturridge retiring from football since he will be 31 when his contract runs out. It is in out interest to get on with it, get behind our player as he is fantastic when he does play. Selling him won't be an option regardless how frustrating these injuries are.

Who the F**k with his known injury record bought him .....to put him on a six year contract in the first place ....at the money he is "earning".
      Know that we got him for a knock down January Sale price but was it his agent who screwed us over?
      Was this a Rodgers choice FFS ?

Dont forget from September 2012 to January 2013  Luis carried us on his own.
      What did we get off for Sturridge ? Was it £6 mill off the previous August price?

Absolute F***ing joke this !

Another  four years of it !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2434: Nov 27, 2015 02:02:58 pm

Who are dey ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2435: Nov 27, 2015 02:04:37 pm
      Who the f**k with his known injury record bought him .....to put him on a six year contract in the first place ....at the money he is "earning".
      Know that we got him for a knock down January Sale price but was it his agent who screwed us over?
      Was this a Rodgers choice FFS ?

Dont forget from September 2012 to January 2013  Luis carried us on his own.
      What did we get off for Sturridge ? Was it £6 mill off the previous August price?

Absolute f**king joke this !

Another  four years of it !

I really don't think you can challenge the signing considering his contribution in the red shirt from January 2013 to May 2014.

The last year and a half though I think we've all kind of reached the end of our tethers with the guy. In my mind there really is no option but to start looking for alternatives. If he's fit - so be it but he's just a bonus these days.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2436: Nov 27, 2015 02:11:14 pm
      Some players have a genuine interest in football, some don't! Sturridge is the latter, has no desire to play or live up to his potential just happy to pick up his pay check and is mentally weak! If klopp can't change his attitude I doubt many can, how he gets on the rest of the season will be key to whether he will stay at LFC
      It's similar to what Rafa think about Aquilani's injuries.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 02:44:11 pm by skolRED »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2437: Nov 27, 2015 02:20:16 pm
      @pjoyceexpress: Jürgen Klopp on Daniel Sturridge: "You have to learn what is serious pain and what is only pain. everyone wants him back on the pitch."

Doesn't seem Like the boss is too impressed in the fight in Danny.

Ouch!

If that isn't out of context that's a massive slap in the face for Studge.

Quick Reply