Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494814 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3657: Nov 07, 2016 05:55:19 pm
      PREDICTION: in that period of the season when all the teams are physically toast(even Barcelona), Sturridge will be there scoring for fun and will be the hero of the title.

You could very well be right there mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3658: Nov 07, 2016 05:58:05 pm
      Looked like a man possessed yesterday in his search for a goal. May have slammed the post a couple of times and got a couple of saves out of their goalkeeper but he was magnificent and Wijnaldum's goal is as good his as well. Best cameo of the season so far?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3659: Nov 07, 2016 09:44:57 pm
      Hit the bar twice with two good efforts and then played a big part in Gini scoring. Done well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #3660: Nov 12, 2016 11:44:21 am
      True to form, scored last night, Sturridge will always score when given the chance.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3661: Nov 12, 2016 04:30:13 pm
      I was glad to see him get a start just to get some minutes under his belt as right now it is hard to come by with Liverpool. Nice to see him continue to score as well
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3662: Nov 12, 2016 05:08:12 pm
      I was glad to see him get a start just to get some minutes under his belt as right now it is hard to come by with Liverpool. Nice to see him continue to score as well

Many forwards struggle to score when they aren't getting many minutes but such is Sturridge's quality, this isn't an issue - he continues to score and create chances when he isn't a first team regular; albeit on this occasion, it's for England and not Liverpool.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3663: Nov 12, 2016 05:10:40 pm
      It's good we can use England as a reserve team gave to give Daniel some minutes, we're going to need him to be fit and firing when players need resting or different tactics are needed  :D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #3664: Nov 12, 2016 05:16:11 pm
      PREDICTION: in that period of the season when all the teams are physically toast(even Barcelona), Sturridge will be there scoring for fun and will be the hero of the title.

Me like this
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #3665: Nov 15, 2016 12:44:14 am
      i really hope he stays.  imo he still is our most gifted striker

yes he might not be 100% klopp mold but its not a bad thing. him being on the field adds a different dimension to our gameplay.

plus this year we have no europe so it strains on the non starting xi players. if we had europe, we can definitely keep more players happy

i hope he stays. develop more and shift more to what klopp wants.  he can be devastating against opponents and his eye on goal is fantastic

once a red danny boy.  always a red
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3666: Nov 15, 2016 01:39:40 am
      Just read the BBC gossip column, apparently the Mirror are running with the story of West Ham & Stoke battling to sign him for £28m :lmao: Take that £28m, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy arse ;D. West Ham were willing to pay 30m for shitty Zaza, 28m is a joke.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3667: Nov 15, 2016 03:39:29 am
      Didn't look like someone that wanted to leave when he came on against Watford.

Really put in a shift and wanted to score.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #3668: Nov 15, 2016 03:44:24 am
      I would take 28 million. Lets be honest here, Sturridge, yes he is good, but he is also injury prone and hasn't played a big part in our recent success. Since Klopp came, Sturridge isn't the be all and end all. A very good striker but his pace has gone, the injuries have taken their toll and to put it simply, he is now second fiddle in this team. So yeah, 28 million? for me I wouldn't say no.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #3669: Nov 15, 2016 07:33:08 am
      I would take 28 million. Lets be honest here, Sturridge, yes he is good, but he is also injury prone and hasn't played a big part in our recent success. Since Klopp came, Sturridge isn't the be all and end all. A very good striker but his pace has gone, the injuries have taken their toll and to put it simply, he is now second fiddle in this team. So yeah, 28 million? for me I wouldn't say no.

Disagree. He's a great player to have and will push himself back into the first team if he keeps working hard.

28m is peanuts for that much quality.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3670: Nov 15, 2016 07:36:40 am
      Every time Darren Lewis of the mirror is let loose onto the radio he goes on about sturridge, done it for ages now but of course journalists never have agendas. Would not entertain selling him, still has a big part to play so why would you want to weaken yourselves and strengthen a competitor
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3671: Nov 15, 2016 09:41:13 am
      We must keep him, gives us a different option and when we lose Mane in January, Daniel will hopefully get a run in the side. Also, we need to keep our best players and build on that, there's injuries to take into account as well with maybe Coutinho or Firminho getting injured, Studge wouldn't be a bad option to step into their boots  8)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #3672: Nov 15, 2016 09:53:34 am
      Like 'em all.

Sell IF we can get better......otherwise keep.

I like things simple :)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #3673: Nov 15, 2016 09:54:05 am
      We would be daft to sell him in January, or at all. The boy is absolute class and if we could find a way to get him into the team he would prove it.

Only issue is you can't change our front line at the moment with the form it's in.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3674: Nov 15, 2016 11:18:53 am
      Absolute bollocks of a story tempered with the player's statements he is happy at Anfield, loves playing for LFC and wants to fight for his place.

Beside that - £28m?!?!
              F**k that right off.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2016 11:29:02 am by stuey »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3675: Nov 15, 2016 12:50:40 pm
      Keep till the summer .

Will have then two windows and he will be  28 next September .
      Lets see if he can put the work ethic in that Klopp needs AND stay injury free.

Hes had millions out of us when injured  so a lot of loyalty goes a long way .

Whether he plays Super Sub or not .... all hands are needed to stay top and get the title.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3676: Nov 15, 2016 01:04:41 pm
      He won't go anywhere in Jan he and the club know they are in a title race.........I know the appeal of Stoke and West Ham must be overwhelming!

Come the summer though and you never know.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #3677: Nov 15, 2016 05:39:06 pm
      Better chance of winning the league with him in our squad. It's that simple. England's finest striker he plays for us. Get rid my arse..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3678: Nov 15, 2016 07:18:31 pm
      I'd post the full article but the sh*te that needs editing out to make it readable is just shocking.

Wtfs happened to the Echo  :mad:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-going-nowhere-liverpool-need-12179358
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #3679: Nov 16, 2016 02:32:11 am
      He has had a lot of injuries in the last few seasons.  He should be happy that at least he is keeping himself injury free that for me should be his first priority.   If he wants to go to West Ham or Stoke he will be daft.   With us trying to win the title.  I think it suits both parties to at least give it to the summer.

Quick Reply