Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494633 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3174: May 01, 2016 10:00:40 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  1m1 minute ago
      In the long-term questions remain over whether Sturridge can adapt & become the kind of focal point in attack Klopp demands. (James Pearce)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago
      Sturridge was hurting after such a pitiful display and so should everyone else in the away dressing room. #lfc (James Pearce)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago
      Sturridge's angry reaction at the final whistle as he headed for the tunnel wasn't that of a player who doesn't care. #lfc (James Pearce)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3175: May 01, 2016 11:03:05 pm
      Can't believe people are hating on Daniel now that the media is stirring up a fuss.

For me it's simple, Sturridge wasn't the right fit for an away game in Spain where Klopp wanted to press, press, press. But he wants Sturridge to he fit to start for Thursday so was going to give him 45 mins for him to keep sharp but Sturridge insisted he stay on. That's all there is to it.

Him walking off quickly, is no biggie either, Klopp didn't stick around why should he.

Then again I could be wrong and he might be in Jurgens bad books and he will be out in Summer, who knows.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3176: May 02, 2016 12:06:07 am
      Spot on with that last tweet from Pearce.

I would be more concerned had he strutted of grinning from ear to ear.

He didn't have a brilliant game by any means but he had next to nothing service.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #3177: May 02, 2016 12:19:17 am
      Can't afford lose any more top players lf we what get back to top 4 next season
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #3178: May 02, 2016 12:20:41 am
      I big fan of Daniel sturridge he only world class player left in our team
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #3179: May 02, 2016 01:06:05 pm
      Sturridge is a luxury player? Would love a few more luxury players who offer what he does, then.
      Read Del Boca Vista for some context Barney
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3180: May 02, 2016 09:03:33 pm
      Hasn't he started our last 6 premier league games?
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #3181: May 03, 2016 02:22:03 pm
      He plays on Thursday. He has to. It's as simple as that. If he plays and Can miraculously starts we should no problem putting 3 or 4 past this team. YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3182: May 03, 2016 02:23:32 pm
      Whatever politics there is going on between Dani and Klopp, it needs knocking on the head from them both.

Something doesn't sit quite right with me about the whole thing, no game time last Thursday and full 90s in dead rubber league games leading up to both Villareal ties.

His body language and work for the team wasn't brilliant, he's sulking off down tunnels, switching off at corners, and showed not very much at all at weekend.

The thing is though we need him on Thursday, so between the pair of them they need to put any differences they have aside.

He really has to start on Thursday he's one of two players that we have available to us that that they will have any fear of playing against. They'd have been delighted to see him sat on the bench the other day rather than being our counter attacking outlet.

Not going to lie, i'll be pretty pissed off if we are out come Thursday night and Sturridge has sat out the majority of the tie again. He's our best striker. Get him playing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3183: May 03, 2016 02:32:23 pm
      Whatever politics there is going on between Dani and Klopp, it needs knocking on the head from them both.

Something doesn't sit quite right with me about the whole thing, no game time last Thursday and full 90s in dead rubber league games leading up to both Villareal ties.

His body language and work for the team wasn't brilliant, he's sulking off down tunnels, switching off at corners, and showed not very much at all at weekend.

The thing is though we need him on Thursday, so between the pair of them they need to put any differences they have aside.

He really has to start on Thursday he's one of two players that we have available to us that that they will have any fear of playing against. They'd have been delighted to see him sat on the bench the other day rather than being our counter attacking outlet.

Not going to lie, i'll be pretty pissed off if we are out come Thursday night and Sturridge has sat out the majority of the tie again. He's our best striker. Get him playing.

I don't think there is any politics or differences mate. 

I think it's quite simply that if we want Danny to be fit and available for most of next season then he and we have to be patient with how Jürgen is handling him.

He's said (Jürgen) exactly the same about Flanno.  They've both had nearly 2 years out with serious injuries and their rehab has to be carefully done. 

What were his words again "we can't squeeze all the juice out of him immediately".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3184: May 03, 2016 02:50:18 pm
      I don't think there is any politics or differences mate. 

I think it's quite simply that if we want Danny to be fit and available for most of next season then he and we have to be patient with how Jürgen is handling him.

He's said (Jürgen) exactly the same about Flanno.  They've both had nearly 2 years out with serious injuries and their rehab has to be carefully done. 

What were his words again "we can't squeeze all the juice out of him immediately".

I hope so Debs but if that is the case why is he playing him in the dead rubbers, and resting him in the only games that matter on Thursdays? I can kind of see he might be a bit of a luxury away from home in Europe, but it is odd he just played a full 90 again at weekend. If he's going to start on Thursday then surely it would have been best to give him a rest or at most a cameo appearance in that one.

Basically I think he's playing and resting in the wrong games
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3185: May 03, 2016 02:56:06 pm
      I hope so Debs but if that is the case why is he playing him in the dead rubbers, and resting him in the only games that matter on Thursdays? I can kind of see he might be a bit of a luxury away from home in Europe, but it is odd he just played a full 90 again at weekend. If he's going to start on Thursday then surely it would have been best to give him a rest or at most a cameo appearance in that one.

Basically I think he's playing and resting in the wrong games

He was only supposed to play 45 minutes on Sunday mate but Daniel said he felt fine at half time and wanted to continue playing. 

Maybe getting a full 90 minutes in a not so taxing, dead rubber game is less stressful than 70 minutes in a European Semi Final where he'd be expected to press and harry from the off, something he's not very good at at the best of times.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #3186: May 03, 2016 05:14:53 pm
      I think sometimes we make too many excuses for Jürgen. Somethings going on there because you don't sit your best scorer in a game that "matters" only to allow him to talk you into playing 90 in a game that apparently doesn't.

Having said that, I will be flabbergasted of Studge doesn't start on Thursday. We need to score at least 2, probably three goals to ensure going through.
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #3187: May 03, 2016 05:35:14 pm
      I think sometimes we make too many excuses for Jürgen. Somethings going on there because you don't sit your best scorer in a game that "matters" only to allow him to talk you into playing 90 in a game that apparently doesn't.

Having said that, I will be flabbergasted of Studge doesn't start on Thursday. We need to score at least 2, probably three goals to ensure going through.

Yeah...I'm waiting to see the starting line up. I have no idea if he'll be on it or not. Arguments going both ways based on games this week have their merit.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #3188: May 03, 2016 05:44:53 pm
      You can argue all you want about how Danny's game time is being managed correctly or not. I didn't mind the fact we started with him on the bench in the first leg last Thursday, what I can't comprehend is how when Phil couldn't come out for the second half we opted for Jordan Ibe. Ibe has been awful when given a chance for months on end now.

It makes it all the more quizzical when the one player who is a natural when he gets around the box, then plays the full 90 in a nothing game. He walked off and didn't applaud the fans Sunday, I couldn't give a sh*t in all honesty. Maybe he's read some of the sh*t our own fans are saying about one if not the prize asset at our club.

Even when he was playing at the very top of his game alongside Suarez people were picking things out (his body language, his attitude blah blah blah). F**k me the worst signing in Liverpools history Balotelli even got his own song, has one of the most prolific strikers in our great clubs history? Has he F**k.

Loves a 2 way thing people, it needs remembering.

Hope he sticks 3 past the Villareal Thursday and then stars in the final whoever it's against. I for 1 will be proud to say I was there when he does (if given the chance). Sorry to say even if he does it won't be enough for some! :mad:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #3189: May 05, 2016 03:43:21 pm
      nobody here know's sturridge personally but people are calling him 'selfish' and about 'me' i find it weird.

what is this based on? The media? SMH
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3190: May 05, 2016 04:30:18 pm
      Maybe Jürgen just doesn't think Danny has what it takes in Europe?

Danny's record in Europe isn't great ... 1 goal in 8 appearances. 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #3191: May 05, 2016 04:51:32 pm
      nobody here know's sturridge personally but people are calling him 'selfish' and about 'me' i find it weird.

what is this based on? The media? SMH

He is selfish and a selfish player too

It's how he is as a player. Sometimes being selfish is good other times it doesn't, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player, he is our best striker.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3192: May 05, 2016 04:53:43 pm
      if Jürgen picks him it will because he thinks he can do a job not because he is Daniel Sturridge. We all know what Danny can do but if Origi had been fit I think Jürgen would have had him on the bench. If he plays tonight I just hope everything clicks into place for him and he has a great night.
      DanMann

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #3193: May 05, 2016 05:37:51 pm
      He is selfish and a selfish player too

It's how he is as a player. Sometimes being selfish is good other times it doesn't, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player, he is our best striker.

What is this based on? Does he not pass the ball? Does he not celebrate goals that other's score? Does he not look like he cares about the team?  ??? ???
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3194: May 05, 2016 05:44:01 pm
      What is this based on? Does he not pass the ball? Does he not celebrate goals that other's score? Does he not look like he cares about the team?  ??? ???

Does he not try to claim goals that belong to others? How many goals has Coutinho set up for Danny and he tries to take "that" goal off him?

Personally I could't care less if he is a bit selfish as long as he continues to score plenty of goals.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #3195: May 05, 2016 05:49:43 pm

You could be forgiven for thinking that some people get wound up by journalists or somethin.

i dont understand how in 2016. People are still trusting in how the media present a person / situation. Based on the countless times over the years they have been proven to be full of it.

saying he's a selfish person based on what?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #3196: May 05, 2016 05:50:30 pm
      Does he not try to claim goals that belong to others? How many goals has Coutinho set up for Danny and he tries to take "that" goal off him?

got any examples? Links please

Quick Reply