Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494133 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3542: Sep 18, 2016 09:47:40 pm
      When i watched the game i saw him storming down the tunnel on the tele. Maybe i was wrong.

I still think his mentality doesn't fit our playing style.
      That is bollocks as I said he went to sit on the bench and was sat next to Ejaria.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #3543: Sep 18, 2016 11:49:58 pm
      That is bollocks as I said he went to sit on the bench and was sat next to Ejaria.
      I thought he went up the tunnel as well to be honest.
      Possibly wrong, or maybe he came back out again.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3544: Sep 19, 2016 12:02:10 am
      I thought he went up the tunnel as well to be honest.

He did go straight down the tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W4ot54aiuo

About the hour mark on the video, which is around 57 mins on the game clock.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3545: Sep 19, 2016 12:33:59 am

Looks this way mate, on the link S@int posted you can 68:16 on the match clock him talking in the background on the bench. Thought I remembered seeing this but must admit I wasn't sure if he'd gone straight down the tunnel which it seems he did.

Read into it whatever you see fit.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3546: Sep 19, 2016 12:41:48 am
      Looks this way mate, on the link S@int posted you can 68:16 on the match clock him talking in the background on the bench. Thought I remembered seeing this but must admit I wasn't sure if he'd gone straight down the tunnel which it seems he did.

Read into it whatever you see fit.

Only thing that really matters is whether he is selected for our next league match. Could be a tight decision with Firmino hopefully back to full fitness.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3547: Sep 19, 2016 01:39:11 pm
      Watching the replay again tonight he goes immediately down the tunnel but returns and takes his seat next to Ejaria.

Him going down the tunnel is irrelevant to what George tried to imply as an act of dissatisfaction at being subbed. He went to get a knock looked at which is now keeping him out of training.

On the contrary he applauds the away support high fives both Origi and Klopp when his numbers up.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3548: Sep 19, 2016 01:52:24 pm
      Watching the replay again tonight he goes immediately down the tunnel but returns and takes his seat next to Ejaria.

Him going down the tunnel is irrelevant to what George tried to imply as an act of dissatisfaction at being subbed. He went to get a knock looked at which is now keeping him out of training.

On the contrary he applauds the away support high fives both Origi and Klopp when his numbers up.

I think the issue here is that George heard the commentator banging on about Sturridge going down the tunnel, and it became overblown in his mind to the extent it is an "issue" or something.
      My advice for him would be to watch with the sound turned off.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3549: Sep 19, 2016 02:19:37 pm

As an acknowledged expert on body language I think your right :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #3550: Sep 19, 2016 09:51:18 pm

I did wonder, because if he had a knock and went straight down the tunnel, he would have stayed for treatment. As he came back to the bench, he didn't look too disappointed so it did cross my mind.
      Bodily functions you sometimes can't control.
      I was playing and one of my team mates, was running very strangely. He was sort of hunched over, then kept sitting down, but didn't seem in any major discomfort. Asked what the F**k was wrong with him, and with a huge grin on his face he said, " I got a hard on, and couldn't shake it off". It wouldn't go down and he couldn't stand upright without it poking out and everyone seeing it. We couldn't play for laughing.
      F***ing hilarious.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #3551: Sep 28, 2016 01:54:25 pm
      I have a feeling Stu will be sold in January or next Summer at the latest.

He's lost his pace and can't defend from the front the way Klopp expects his attacking players to.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3552: Sep 28, 2016 03:47:30 pm
      I have a feeling Stu will be sold in January or next Summer at the latest.

He's lost his pace and can't defend from the front the way Klopp expects his attacking players to.

I think you might be right, he's a shadow of his former self, plus doesn't have the best attitude in the world.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3553: Sep 28, 2016 04:01:42 pm
      I think you might be right, he's a shadow of his former self, plus doesn't have the best attitude in the world.
      How do you know he doesn't have the best attitude? Do you watch him in training?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3554: Sep 28, 2016 04:05:31 pm
      How do you know he doesn't have the best attitude? Do you watch him in training?

Not to mention if you watch him and movements he is making now versus in the past he is much more playing within a system..some of the diagonals he has been taking to clear out and make space are exactly the same thing Firmino is doing.

The gaffer is playing him within a system and Daniel to his credit is doing exactly what he has been told to do...as far as unhappiness there has been no word of it at all so I will leave that issue to the body language experts on this forum as they know more sometimes than even the players themselves.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3555: Sep 28, 2016 04:09:22 pm
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #3556: Sep 28, 2016 04:36:29 pm
      The question is though where does he start? Who is going to make way for Sturridge?

Is Sturridge going to be happy sticking around if he is not a guaranteed starter? He is obviously good enough to start but it would appear he is not number 1 to start up front for Klopp.

It's a nice situation to be in for Klopp and the fans but probably not one Sturridge wants to find himself in I'm sure.

Personally I don't think he merits a starting place because of what he did 2 seasons ago. He needs to prove to everyone he can stay fit first and foremost. Then he needs to force his way into the team by doing what he did when he joined us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #3557: Sep 28, 2016 04:57:22 pm
      Henderson is off the radar for two mins , so we just move onto our best striker , stay fit eh , he's been pretty fit since Klopp got a hold on him and had a word in his shell like , as for defending from the front I'm pretty sure we scored about two games ago due to Danny's tracking back ,
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #3558: Sep 28, 2016 04:59:45 pm
      Henderson is off the radar for two mins , so we just move onto our best striker , stay fit eh , he's been pretty fit since Klopp got a hold on him and had a word in his shell like , as for defending from the front I'm pretty sure we scored about two games ago due to Danny's tracking back ,

He missed 3 days of training only last week. I know that's probably fairly common with his record and him trying to stake a claim for a start it's not ideal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3559: Sep 28, 2016 05:22:34 pm

Damn straight we did.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3560: Sep 28, 2016 05:27:28 pm

He doesn't have an attitude problem, he has a severe case of RBF aka Resting bi*ch Face.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3561: Sep 28, 2016 05:30:38 pm
      I think Danny has a fight on his hands to get regular first team starts, but so do Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane. I think it will be a case of perm any 4 from 5 when none of them are injured or need a rest. Which has to be great for the team as none can afford to take it easy. I think Jürgen will have some hard decisions to make every week, but that's why he gets the big bucks. 

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3562: Sep 29, 2016 01:34:42 pm
      I wouldn't sell him. He's too good to sell IMO.

I think he is slowly adapting to the way Klopp plays. His performance against Leicester showed that, and to a degree Chelsea. Slowly but surely. He is his own player and very head strong (a striker needs this too to be fair) so it will take him longer to adapt. He is no longer the main man, but a man in the team. He will soon start delivering the goals and all will be rosy again. All it takes is an injury to Lallana/Coutinho/Firmino and he will be starting every game. Don't forget that Mane will be gone to the AFCON too, so he will be here for an extended run of games there again. He seems to be getting fitter now too, a small bit fitter anyways and less injuries since Klopp came in! 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3563: Sep 30, 2016 01:43:11 am
      I couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of Daniel.

He's quality and you just now when he's on the pitch, he can create a goal from nowhere.

He will get his chance no doubt. I still feel if he was played more regularly, he'd be our top scorer at seasons end.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3564: Oct 01, 2016 11:44:42 am
      3 years ago he was matching Suarez goal for goal, 3 years later he's on the bench in Wales. Where did it go wrong?

Quick Reply