Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494040 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3611: Oct 20, 2016 06:11:34 pm
      I don't think the United game is one to judge Sturridge on. I don't think the plan would have been to use him in those games, I think West Brom on Saturday is the type of game that Klopp has in mind for Sturridge. The need for Coutinho to drop into midfield meant that Sturridge had to play and he was the biggest victim of Mourinhos bus.

I think the biggest challenge for Sturridge is going to be when Ings finally gets back into the first team. If Danny can't get some momentum going by then he may find himself struggling to get on the bench.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3612: Oct 21, 2016 03:56:49 am
      i saw more than ever why people have always said sturridge isn't a liverpool striker. he doesn't have the right character to the lead the line and never has. now that he's lost his pace too he's lost his ability to deceive referees and defenders. he will barely get one of those lucky calls ever again, like when we got 3 penalties against the mancs and sturridge dove to get vidic sent off. sturridge at the top of his game used trickery and flair and pace to, yes, sometimes, dance around defenders magically but it was deception, not football, he isn't a striker leading the line he's a weapon, an accessory for a good team, which is not what we need. we need strikers like firmino and origi learning and working and building for the team, not someone who thinks the team should work for him so he can finish chances. i see all of this more than ever in sturridge today, as he gets older and slower his true character shows, which is a bit too lazy and not enough fight for what we need going forwards...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3613: Oct 21, 2016 08:15:13 am
      i saw more than ever why people have always said sturridge isn't a liverpool striker. he doesn't have the right character to the lead the line and never has.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #3614: Oct 21, 2016 09:40:55 am
      I don't think DanMann mention Luis in general mate but in the game Mourinho setup to defend with ten men behind the ball who would say it's easy to break that buses wall. Again how many goal Luis score in the game against Chelsea nearly end of the 2013/14 season (the game Stevie slipped one)? none I think.

That's right mate. I've seen enough games where Suarez with all his talent has struggled with a tight, well disciplined defence. That game vs Chelsea was the classic example I had in mind. That's why this is not the type of game to judge Sturridge on.

Suarez can pick a goal out of no where, but Sturridge is capable of the same.

As for the claim that Suarez carried us on his back, that's pretty ridiculous given the form that Sturridge was also in, and the goals he also scored that season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3615: Oct 23, 2016 10:49:26 am
      That's true mate, IMO.

But I saw a moment Sturridge refuse to sprint for a through ball and waste a decent chance.
      That's atleast the second time this season. In the game against 10 men behind the ball sure we will struggle to create chance and our best striker refuse to run for the pass, that's unacceptable for me. 

Slapped arse face again yesterday.  The Sturridge Scowl.

Immature self centred  non team player.

600 mins of play without a goal.  Since April 23rd ...... six months ago today v Newcastle .

Time to say Bye Bye ... get him off the payroll.

i saw more than ever why people have always said sturridge isn't a liverpool striker. he doesn't have the right character to the lead the line and never has. now that he's lost his pace too he's lost his ability to deceive referees and defenders. he will barely get one of those lucky calls ever again, like when we got 3 penalties against the mancs and sturridge dove to get vidic sent off. sturridge at the top of his game used trickery and flair and pace to, yes, sometimes, dance around defenders magically but it was deception, not football, he isn't a striker leading the line he's a weapon, an accessory for a good team, which is not what we need. we need strikers like firmino and origi learning and working and building for the team, not someone who thinks the team should work for him so he can finish chances. i see all of this more than ever in sturridge today, as he gets older and slower his true character shows, which is a bit too lazy and not enough fight for what we need going forwards...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3616: Oct 24, 2016 08:54:02 am
      He'll bang in a hat-trick against the Spuds on Tuesday night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3617: Oct 24, 2016 10:21:43 pm
      It's a shame Sturridge isn't fitting in at the moment. He managed to link up so well with Suarez.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3618: Oct 24, 2016 10:24:47 pm
      It's a shame Sturridge isn't fitting in at the moment. He managed to link up so well with Suarez.

He doesn't fit in to Klopps way
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3619: Oct 24, 2016 10:28:02 pm

Pretty sure I just said that...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3620: Oct 24, 2016 10:29:43 pm

Makes two of us then.  ;D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3621: Oct 25, 2016 01:49:59 pm
      To be honest, never liked him, his goals were enough for me to tolerate and overlook his selfish and lazy play. Once his run of form finished we can see why City and Chelsea got rid so easily of him, lucky for us we still have a chance of getting a hefty fee for him. Sell him in the winter, West Ham, Southampton or Stoke would be all over signing him.

I also firmly believe that his injury record is directly linked with his behaviour and demeanour in training and outside the field also.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #3622: Oct 25, 2016 03:09:40 pm
      Careful what ya say, he could be the darling of the kop in a few games time, funny 'ol game.

Couldn't agree more
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3623: Oct 25, 2016 10:15:42 pm
      Danimal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3624: Oct 25, 2016 11:09:02 pm
      Think I heard someone say 10 goals in his last 8 League Cup games?

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #3625: Oct 25, 2016 11:43:22 pm
      Slapped arse face again yesterday.  The Sturridge Scowl.

Immature self centred  non team player.

600 mins of play without a goal.  Since April 23rd ...... six months ago today v Newcastle .

Time to say Bye Bye ... get him off the payroll.

Wow. SMH.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #3626: Oct 25, 2016 11:44:55 pm
      To be honest, never liked him, his goals were enough for me to tolerate and overlook his selfish and lazy play. Once his run of form finished we can see why City and Chelsea got rid so easily of him, lucky for us we still have a chance of getting a hefty fee for him. Sell him in the winter, West Ham, Southampton or Stoke would be all over signing him.

I also firmly believe that his injury record is directly linked with his behaviour and demeanour in training and outside the field also.

I bet youre one of those Body Language Experts
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3627: Oct 26, 2016 03:59:53 am
      Well in Studge!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3628: Oct 26, 2016 04:16:22 am
      Dynamite. Still our most deadly finisher.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3629: Oct 26, 2016 05:28:30 am
      Still think he'll go in the Summer.

We play one striker out of Firmino, Studge, Origi and Ings and although he is without doubt our best finisher on his day he is less likely to be kept happy on the bench for too long. The powers that be will also be very aware that he would command a good transfer fee for a substitute.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3630: Oct 26, 2016 08:43:28 am
      In a earlier post in this thread I was of the opinion that this would be Dannies last season with us.I am still of the same opinion and if it is his last season I would like to see him go out with all guns blazing
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3631: Oct 26, 2016 09:50:59 am

Could you make my quote any bigger ?   Go on try .

HE WAS PLAYING IN OUR SECOND STRING TEAM LAST NIGHT AGAINST THEIR SECOND STRING TEAM.

He was like the 15 year old playing with 13 year olds in the playground.

Hes not making our first team because he wont buy into the energy and work off the ball needed.

Due to his catalogue of injuries he wont commit anymore. That is gone.

He is still 600 minutes and six months without a Premier League goal.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3632: Oct 26, 2016 10:02:06 am
      Liverpools most deadliest...

Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #3633: Oct 26, 2016 11:28:05 am
      Could you make my quote any bigger ?   Go on try .

He's not making our first team because he wont buy into the energy and work off the ball needed.

Due to his catalogue of injuries he wont commit anymore. That is gone.

This is sadly true, he is by FAR our most accomplished finisher but he will spend a good chunk of the season coming off the bench to try and change games (which he will do) and no doubt getting a run in the cup games. He is still a fine player but he will always struggle to hold down a regular starting spot because he doesn't buy into the 'all for one, one for all' mentality that Jürgen demands of every player. There will be plenty of interest in him (possibly in January) but I hope the club keep him for the rest of the season because he is still a class player who can change a game in a blink of an eye. It wouldn't surprise me if Wenger doesn't have a little look at him (he is his sort of player) but we'd be very silly to let him go in year.

Quick Reply