Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jordan Rossiter Player Thread

Read 27299 times
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Jordan Rossiter Player Thread
      Jan 10, 2013 03:13:42 pm
      Heard this kid is also a potential real deal.

"A young lad just about to come on for a few mins for Liverpool in nextgen… Jordan rossiter, big shout but potentially a young stevie g.."

— Robbie Fowler (@Robbie9Fowler) January 8, 2013.

Being compared to Stevie is definitely a potential in my opinion. Made an immediate impact in the NextGen 4-1 home win against Inter.

Since there was no thread on the lad, I decided to start this.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016 09:58:55 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Jordan Rossiter
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2013 07:50:49 pm
      I was impressed with the few little things he did when he came on against Inter. To me, he showed in that short cameo he's got a mature head on those young shoulders.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #2: Jan 11, 2013 12:29:46 pm
      No pressure lad. Definitely showed a cool head to come on. Can only be good for his development.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #3: May 08, 2013 06:46:01 pm
      Thought he was the stand out performer against chelsea under 18.  If he bulks up a bit with conditioning and maturity then we have a great prospect. Please no Gerrard comparisons though. It doesnt help the kid and the expectations are ridiculous on a lad who is just turned 16.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #4: Aug 18, 2013 08:01:47 pm
      Just rewatched the U21's match and Rossiter stood out again to me. Just a very talented player who has the combination of technicality and athleticism about him. Fully confident our youth setup will bring him up right and in a few (short) seasons we will have a massive figure in our team.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #5: Aug 18, 2013 10:47:47 pm
      I was also watching him closely in that match having heard Carra waxing lyrical about the lad in an interview a couple of months. he suggested that young Jordan was pretty much the pic of the bunch.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2013 02:38:00 pm
      Hearing he might make the bench tonight.

Would be F***ing made up for the lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2013 02:39:01 pm
      Hearing he might make the bench tonight.

Would be F***ing made up for the lad.

Think it's a bit harsh on Lussey and Dunn but he is a great prospect.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2013 02:45:58 pm
      Think it's a bit harsh on Lussey and Dunn but he is a great prospect.

Surprised me too as I actually thought Lussey could make the bench tonight but we will see. It's the part of the lineup I'm most interested in tonight :D
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 17, 2013 11:11:53 pm
      Thought he was outstanding tonight in the 5-2 against Sunderland U21s. This is a 16 year old kid we are talking about and yet he dictated the midfield and broke up the play superbly. His touch and control is outstanding and his best attribute so far is that when he wins back possession for Liverpool {which tonight was on so many occassions} he has the ability to not only break up and stop their attacks,  but then play little one touch balls though to another red shirt so that we can quickly break away and start another attack. He does this so often and he always seems to use the ball effectively.  He is an absolutely outstanding prospect. Sterling,Ibe and Alberto will get all the praise but Jordan Rossiter was magnificent tonight and honorable mention also to Cameron Brannigan who broke up the play very effectively as well. But the kid Rossiter has a geniuine chance if he is lucky and continues to work hard and improve.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2014 10:37:37 pm
      Is playing 16 year olds who look 12 against Bournemouth out of the question? Gerrard or Allen doing 90 minutes before the derby hurts my head
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2014 03:05:04 pm
      Rossiter signs first professional deal

Liverpool Football Club are pleased to announce that Academy midfielder Jordan Rossiter has today signed his first professional contract with the Reds, on the day of his 17th birthday.

A tenacious tackler with an impressive passing range and the ability to shoot from distance, the local youngster has progressed rapidly through the ranks at his hometown side.

Having represented the U18s, Rossiter was quickly promoted to Alex Inglethorpe's U21s this season; the Scouser was also a key member of the Youth Cup team which reached the quarter-finals in this campaign and the semi-finals a year ago.

The 17-year-old has been included in two first-team squads during 2013-14 too - he was named among the substitutes by Brendan Rodgers for the trip to Chelsea on December 29 and the home clash against Hull City three days later.

Following the announcement, U21s boss Inglethorpe told Liverpoolfc.com: "Jordan has worked very hard this season.

"The contract is a recognition given to allow him more time to develop and evolve. He's a level-headed young man who knows hard work is necessary for him to continue his development."

Congratulations young man
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Mar 24, 2014 03:19:32 pm
      Excellent news. Hope more are able to follow suit in the not too distant future. He's such a good talent.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Mar 24, 2014 03:21:17 pm
      Congratulations Jordan, keep the hard work up young man and you could be gracing Anfield on a regular basis.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Mar 24, 2014 03:43:33 pm
      Congrats Jordan lad, what a great day for him.

Keep up the hard work!
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #15: Mar 24, 2014 09:47:47 pm
      When I watch the under 21s it is our number 6 who I am looking out for. Looks completely in his comfort zone playing for the under 21s, even as a 16 year old. Has really impressed me. He is very strong for a young lad, he reads the game well, is. Composed on the ball and has an aye for a pass. As much as Connor Coady is a nice lad and a hard working player this kid looks like he has the lot. I don't know about the Gerrard comparisons but he looks the real deal. I would expect him to go on the pre-season tour next summer and it would not surprise me to see him rack up 5-6 first team appearances next season.

Really exciting to see Sterling and Flanagan come through, hopefully Suso will be back and Ibe also looks like he has a real chance as well. I just hope that all the changes at the Academy do no slow down or derail the incredible work from Borrell and the team at Kirkby.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #16: Mar 25, 2014 02:15:00 pm
      I have to say that I am very impressed with the emphasis the club has placed into bringing in and developing top young talent.  Rafa got the train moving in the right direction, but the new owners and BR have also been big advocates for having a steady pipeline of young talents coming through the academy, and it has been paying off with the likes of Sterling, Flano, and Wisdom all breaking into the 1st team picture, and others like Suso, Tex, Robinson, Coady, etc looking like they could push for a first team spot next season.  Very pleased with this aspect of how the club is being run :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Apr 08, 2014 02:01:33 pm
      Another good game from Jordan last night.  It was a tough game as the Chelsea lads were quite a bit older than ours, conditions were shocking too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Apr 08, 2014 02:34:48 pm
      Another good game from Jordan last night.  It was a tough game as the Chelsea lads were quite a bit older than ours, conditions were shocking too.

Rossiter is boss, la.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Apr 08, 2014 02:50:01 pm

He is mate.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2014 02:46:58 pm
      Great to still hear great reviews about this lad. Will definitely be looking out for the lad next season in the 1st team. Also glad he has signed his professional contract.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21: Apr 11, 2014 06:17:02 pm
      I don't watch lots of the non first team games, but on the odd occasion I have the LFC TV channel on, you don't need a coaching badge to recognise that this lad could be special. He even runs like a young Stevie G which always makes me smile a bit, and for his age is a wonderful prospect.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2014 06:46:19 pm
      I don't watch lots of the non first team games, but on the odd occasion I have the LFC TV channel on, you don't need a coaching badge to recognise that this lad could be special. He even runs like a young Stevie G which always makes me smile a bit, and for his age is a wonderful prospect.

My Dad watches the lot Mick and he purrs about this lad.

Quick Reply