Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordan Rossiter Player Thread

Read 27347 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Re: Jordan Rossiter
      Reply #46: Feb 17, 2015 05:57:30 pm
      Inglethorpe update on Rossiter injury
      17th Feb 2015 - Latest News

Academy director Alex Inglethorpe has backed Jordan Rossiter to return stronger than ever as the midfielder prepares to endure up to two months out of action.

The 17-year-old Scouser suffered an unfortunate ankle injury towards the end of Liverpool's FA Youth Cup defeat by Birmingham City last month and required surgery.

Rossiter, who made his first-team debut for the Reds and marked the occasion with a goal at Anfield earlier this season, must now watch on from the sidelines.

Though confirmation of a spell out arrived as a blow, Inglethorpe knows the tenacious young talent will approach his rehabilitation period with the right mentality.

"Knowing his character as we all do at the Academy it's something he will overcome in his typical and determined, single-minded way," he told Liverpoolfc.com of Rossiter.

"It's such a shame for Jordan because he was doing so well and it was quite an innocuous thing the way the injury happened. He went up for a header and landed very badly on his ankle and he has had to have surgery on that now.

"His character is outstanding and he has got one of the best mentalities I have ever worked with. I know it's difficult for him at the moment but he will come back stronger than ever.

"No doubt Jordan will try to make a quicker return than we expect and he'll probably be planning a comeback in the next two weeks knowing him, but he's determined and he's one of those lovely players you have to make sure you keep the reins on.

"He is in good hands with our physios Andy Renshaw and Richie Partridge, who are outstanding at what they do, and he's in great care."

Hope he gets better quickly. 

I honestly don't understand how there aren't more ankle injuries in soccer. The amount of torque that is placed on the joints during the game not to mention the number of times that players get stepped on, taken out, etc.....

Surprised that the entire team isn't constantly battling ankle injuries.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #47: Feb 20, 2015 02:07:29 pm
      was hoping to see him more this season but that seems to be gone now with this injury.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #48: Jul 18, 2015 09:14:01 am
      Seems to be in the bosses mind for the regular season. Good run in so far. Needs to keep it simple though.

Hope he develops to be a top talent. Reminds me of young Stevie.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #49: Jul 19, 2015 11:31:27 am
      Seems to be in the bosses mind for the regular season. Good run in so far. Needs to keep it simple though.

Hope he develops to be a top talent. Reminds me of young Stevie.

Think you've got to remember Can's not there on tour, and we might well be signing another midfielder depending on Lucas remaining at the club. I'd suggest Rossiter, whilst he does look confident at this level, is going to get some experience on loan next year. Needs game time and I don't think he'll get enough here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Jul 19, 2015 01:03:13 pm
      Think you've got to remember Can's not there on tour, and we might well be signing another midfielder depending on Lucas remaining at the club. I'd suggest Rossiter, whilst he does look confident at this level, is going to get some experience on loan next year. Needs game time and I don't think he'll get enough here.

Tbh mate, I don't think any of the Academy lads on the tour will go on loan.  They're all still very young 17/18/19 and we have so many older players 20/21/22 who need gametime on loan with the younger ones being the mainstay of our u21s.  There might be an odd month or so loans for them but most of them will stay around Melwood getting 1 to 1 development time with Pep.  At least that's how I'm reading it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Rossiter Player Thread
      Reply #51: Aug 22, 2015 03:12:41 pm
      “But Jordan Rossiter has moved up here into the first-team dressing room and is a valuable player for our squad at such a young age. He’s got maturity and he is one that will be staying here. We’ve got the Europe League and the cup games.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-youngster-jordan-rossiter-9908224

Very happy with this decision! I think Rossiter is quality and has huge potential as a DM.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #52: Aug 25, 2015 12:12:00 am
      Well done tonight kid, big test going on there and didn't falter
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #53: Aug 25, 2015 10:28:38 pm
      Well done tonight kid, big test going on there and didn't falter

Absolutely, this sub got criticised by a good few in the match thread but it made perfect sense to me. Lucas was spent so Milner dropped in as the deepest midfielder and young Jordan gave us some much needed legs in the middle of the park.

We actually finished the game with 18 year old Gomez, 18 year old Rossiter and 19 year old Ibe. Love it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #54: Aug 25, 2015 10:44:49 pm
      Lad's been banging on the first-team door for a while, barring a nasty injury last season, I think we would of seen more of him last season.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #55: Aug 25, 2015 10:57:06 pm
      Absolutely, this sub got criticised by a good few in the match thread but it made perfect sense to me. Lucas was spent so Milner dropped in as the deepest midfielder and young Jordan gave us some much needed legs in the middle of the park.

We actually finished the game with 18 year old Gomez, 18 year old Rossiter and 19 year old Ibe. Love it.

Although he didn't do anything wrong and his general passing was good but his off the ball play is not yet ready to be a regular starter, he let a few players go past him too easily.

Not having a go at Rossiter his time will come, I just don't think he is fully ready and esp in the DM role where his stature means he needs to be a real tiger.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #56: Aug 25, 2015 11:07:45 pm
      Looked solid and got stuck right into the game at the arse. More of this from the academy, please!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #57: Aug 25, 2015 11:38:55 pm
      Lad's been banging on the first-team door for a while, barring a nasty injury last season, I think we would of seen more of him last season.

I think he was injured from March onwards with a broken leg, but he made a really fast recovery as he was part of pre-season. Brendan said he will feature this season and that he will definitely not be going out on loan - he specifically noted the Europa League and League Cup in particular.

He's highly rated by Brendan and he's got big plans for the lad. Gary McAllister has also been very impressed with him in training - there's a guy who knows a thing or two midfielders!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #58: Aug 26, 2015 01:47:40 am
      I think he was injured from March onwards with a broken leg, but he made a really fast recovery as he was part of pre-season. Brendan said he will feature this season and that he will definitely not be going out on loan - he specifically noted the Europa League and League Cup in particular.

He's highly rated by Brendan and he's got big plans for the lad. Gary McAllister has also been very impressed with him in training - there's a guy who knows a thing or two midfielders!

Nah was a bit longer than that as he had very impressive debut at home to Middlesborough in League Cup last September and it was not too long after he got injured, was pretty long-term.

But I was impressed with him last year at Boro game and just the same with Ibe and a couple of others they just need game time to settle into playing.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #59: Aug 26, 2015 03:45:45 am
      A scouse lad..
      Like Carra said, get flanno back and we have our backbone intact.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #60: Aug 26, 2015 06:58:09 am
      Although he didn't do anything wrong and his general passing was good but his off the ball play is not yet ready to be a regular starter, he let a few players go past him too easily.

Not having a go at Rossiter his time will come, I just don't think he is fully ready and esp in the DM role where his stature means he needs to be a real tiger.

I only recall one situation over on the left touch line where he was a bit over enthusiastic and he got turned and his man got away from him. Other than that I thought he did good and we really needed some legs because the three who started were absolutely shot to pieces. It was brave of the manager to throw him on
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #61: Aug 26, 2015 08:05:22 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: Aug 26, 2015 10:34:17 am
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #63: Aug 26, 2015 04:57:05 pm

I was thinking the same thing when he came on the other night!

No pressure then Jordy!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #64: Aug 26, 2015 06:17:59 pm

Top lad - there's a guy who can speak for himself as opposed to 99% of PR puppeted robots who spin out cliche after cliche in dull monotones. Got a brilliant attitude, can see why the management think of him highly.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: Aug 26, 2015 07:27:48 pm
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Aug 26, 2015 08:01:40 pm
      That's the Canny Farm crew cut isn't it?... spot it a mile off.. ;D

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Aug 27, 2015 07:44:16 am

Like Father, like Son freaky.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #68: Aug 28, 2015 07:57:05 am
      I dont know why but he reminded me on Gerrards debut.
      I hope he will get few more chances this season.

Quick Reply