Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402109 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Oct 26, 2014 04:35:02 pm
      The reason I believe he takes a bit more touches is because he's always looking for the movements going forwards which he doesn't now get this season because in my opinion, he's capable of playing those quick killer passes.

Don't believe he needs to quickly release the ball always just to minimise his number of touches.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #1289: Oct 26, 2014 05:02:13 pm
      Don't believe he needs to quickly release the ball always just to minimise his number of touches.
      As I said he needs to be told SOMETIMES 1 or 2 touches is enough.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1290: Oct 26, 2014 05:20:49 pm
      got to play this lad he can beat a man he can see a pass and he can score goals.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1291: Oct 26, 2014 08:09:40 pm
      After slow start to the season, great to see Coutinho coming good.
      Has the guts to take responsibility, excellent skill and control, can glides past guys, brilliant to watch when on form.
      And his shooting seems to be improving.
      One of the really good signings.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1292: Oct 26, 2014 10:12:06 pm
      Really does seem to have improved his shooting, was denied by a good save with another shot from distance against Hull. Doesn't seem to be dragging them horribly wide at the moment.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1293: Oct 27, 2014 12:57:41 am
      Seems to have found his form again. Definitely (deserves) needs to start now to see whether he can sustain his form over 90 minutes.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1294: Oct 27, 2014 01:13:07 am
      For me hasn't played 2 games well in a row this season.  But now he has what better time with the team struggling.  We need this lad on form for the sake of our creativity.   Come on coutinho make it 3 in a row against Swansea!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1295: Oct 27, 2014 07:49:58 am
      I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that he'll be leaving in Jan or the Summer.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1296: Nov 10, 2014 10:48:06 pm
      Our best player by quite some margin this season. One interesting fact was how courageous he was in the game against Chelsea. One of the few players with the guts to take on an opponent. 9 attempted take on's with 6 being successful. Emre Can was our next successful man in this department with 3 attempted take on's with 2 being successful. We need more courageous players like these.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1297: Nov 10, 2014 11:04:34 pm
      Our best player by quite some margin this season. One interesting fact was how courageous he was in the game against Chelsea. One of the few players with the guts to take on an opponent. 9 attempted take on's with 6 being successful. Emre Can was our next successful man in this department with 3 attempted take on's with 2 being successful. We need more courageous players like these.

Agreed and they were both subbed off...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1298: Nov 10, 2014 11:10:50 pm
      I'd play him in midfield with Can and one other.

Front three ahead of them.

Gerrard/Lucas

Can/Hendo  Coutinho

Sterling  Sturridge  Lallana
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1299: Nov 10, 2014 11:30:53 pm
      Agreed and they were both subbed off...

He wasn't creative enough, needed Mighty Joe Young to show him how it's done.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #1300: Nov 24, 2014 03:30:45 pm
      Started the season slowly and got back to decent form later on. Always looking to make the passes forward with patience.

Always rated this lad ever since he came. Been one of the better players this season and we may possibly struggle to hold onto him come next summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1301: Nov 24, 2014 05:24:06 pm
      He ran the most in the Palace game, just behind 2 Crystal Palace players... was quite shocked to see , was over 11k too :O
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1302: Nov 24, 2014 05:28:50 pm
      He ran the most in the Palace game, just behind 2 Crystal Palace players... was quite shocked to see , was over 11k too :O

Thought he was by far our best player, which didn't take much admittedly.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1303: Nov 24, 2014 05:32:33 pm
      I'd play him in midfield with Can and one other.

Front three ahead of them.

Gerrard/Lucas

Can/Hendo  Coutinho

Sterling  Sturridge  Lallana

Given Gerrard's current form, I guess it would be worth trying Can deeper, with a midfield of Hendo (how long will he be injured?), Lallana and Coutinho; Sterling and Sturridge upfront... though we won't have Sturridge for a long time, so I wonder if there's any point in drawing those formations :(
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1304: Nov 24, 2014 06:24:13 pm
      I have always said this lad needs to play if we pride ourselves in playing football he is every inch the Liverpool player. The more he plays the better he gets lets play all the young lads.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1305: Nov 24, 2014 07:54:09 pm
      Carra highlighted one of the problems in our creativity where Coutinho starts off in a good position (inbetween the lines) to receive the ball but then drops deeper to collect the ball rather than staying in that key position which therefore limits our creativity in the final third.

I feel Coutinho does this because he doesn't trust our midfielders short passing ability and feels the necessity to drop deeper and try to get things going quicker? That or Rodgers wants him to do this?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #1306: Nov 24, 2014 08:58:26 pm
      Run Phillipe, run, run for your life, get the F**k out, before you are playing Defensive midfield
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1307: Nov 25, 2014 02:06:17 am
      Carra highlighted one of the problems in our creativity where Coutinho starts off in a good position (inbetween the lines) to receive the ball but then drops deeper to collect the ball rather than staying in that key position which therefore limits our creativity in the final third.

I feel Coutinho does this because he doesn't trust our midfielders short passing ability and feels the necessity to drop deeper and try to get things going quicker? That or Rodgers wants him to do this?

he doesn't really have a midfield feeding him OR good strikers to feed.. I felt for him watching him against Palace.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #1308: Nov 25, 2014 04:36:59 pm

He's the kind of player that needs the ball pretty often because he sees the opening better than anyone. But there's no point if he's not receiving the pass. He needs that as well as movements ahead of him like how Suarez and Sturridge would last season.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 

Quick Reply