Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402058 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1311: Nov 27, 2014 02:49:54 pm

Like I said in my in game post last night we are comedy gold this season. Signing Balotelli, the three stooges Simon, Martin and Dejan at the back, Joe Allens bandage hat last weekend, losing to world beaters Crystal Palace last weekend, our sub keeper falling asleep on the bench, Rodgers praising his "fantastic" players full of "character" after each of our rubbish performances, now we have Cou choking his chicken on the bench last night to stay warm.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1312: Nov 28, 2014 10:22:39 am
      I think the reason he's not sparkled is because he dont have options up top moving for him or running into space like Sturridge did for him. if we have a borini or Sturridge in the team moving all the time he will shine once again. he's still a class talent that will only get better and better
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1313: Dec 12, 2014 08:15:01 pm
      Just saw that Coutinho has now played in 58 league games for us.  That's more than twice as many league appearances he made at any other club he's ever been at.

Love the lad and I'm glad that he's finally found some stability in his career with us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1314: Dec 12, 2014 10:45:54 pm
      Just saw that Coutinho has now played in 58 league games for us.  That's more than twice as many league appearances he made at any other club he's ever been at.

Love the lad and I'm glad that he's finally found some stability in his career with us.

Just a shame he hasn't been playing as much as he should have this season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1315: Dec 12, 2014 10:56:05 pm
      Can see him not playing on Sunday from the start. Not sure Brendan trusts him in big games away from home.

I have questions over him myself. Think your number 10 has to be world class to justify his place in the side. I see Coutinho as a little way from being that at the moment. For now though he is a little shining light in this drab shambles of a team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1316: Dec 12, 2014 11:12:19 pm
      Has been very inconsistent this season and I doubt Rodgers will trust him away from home.
      Peeps have said its because he has no movement in front of him which is true but doesn't mean he needs to keep making those passes when he knows there is no Studge or Suarez there.

He needs to learn how to keep hold of the ball a bit more, it's not always about how quickly you release the ball, sometimes you have to recycle to break the opposition esp when they sit deep.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1317: Dec 13, 2014 01:04:44 am
      Can fault for him trying the forward pass though.

Pointless to keep possession among your back four.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1318: Dec 13, 2014 01:11:06 am
      Has been very inconsistent this season and I doubt Rodgers will trust him away from home.
      Peeps have said its because he has no movement in front of him which is true but doesn't mean he needs to keep making those passes when he knows there is no Studge or Suarez there.

He needs to learn how to keep hold of the ball a bit more, it's not always about how quickly you release the ball, sometimes you have to recycle to break the opposition esp when they sit deep.

I 2nd this!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1319: Dec 21, 2014 11:18:04 pm
      Well done today Philippe, positive, skilful, kept going till the end. Well done lad! :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1320: Dec 22, 2014 12:18:13 am
      My MOTM for sure and not just for his goal.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1321: Dec 22, 2014 04:24:50 am
      The pressing he did and the willingness to win the ball back from the Arse players was very good today by him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1322: Dec 22, 2014 09:35:34 am
      So frustrating his shooting. Never seen a brilliant technician like him struggle so much with technique whilst shooting.

Magical with the ball at his feet though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1323: Dec 22, 2014 09:56:00 am
      So frustrating his shooting. Never seen a brilliant technician like him struggle so much with technique whilst shooting.

Extra shooting sessions should be a priority in training.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1324: Dec 22, 2014 11:30:52 am

Yeah, such good close control, can glide past guys. So positive, you think he was just out on the park with his mates. Great to watch.

Have to credit BR - not sure Cou would be in all recent manager's teams - something that's less quantifiable when discussing BR, but I do really like watching some of our players just play ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1325: Dec 22, 2014 11:03:35 pm

But yet when he does actually connect with a shot properly it is a hell of an effort. Just happens in about 1 every 10 attempts. He is getting better though, doesn't seem to be dragging them horrifically wide anymore, on target now but without any power at all.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #1326: Dec 29, 2014 10:02:19 pm
      Coutinho is just magic.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1327: Dec 29, 2014 11:01:24 pm
      How about the flick into Lallana for the 3rd goal. The lad is hitting form, oozes class :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1328: Dec 29, 2014 11:03:49 pm
      How about the flick into Lallana for the 3rd goal. The lad is hitting form, oozes class :)
      At just the right time as well. A class act who will and is acting as a catalyst to those around him.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1329: Dec 29, 2014 11:53:23 pm
      Some of those turns and passes were on a different planet. He's getting into form thank god.

I love watching this boy play. It's what we all dream we could do in Sunday league ha ha.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1330: Dec 29, 2014 11:57:04 pm
      What a performance, pure class that was.

Need to improve your consistency Cou because the talent is there in abundance.

Fantastic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1331: Dec 30, 2014 12:06:23 am
      Some of those turns and passes were on a different planet. He's getting into form thank god.

I love watching this boy play. It's what we all dream we could do in Sunday league ha ha.

The players around him are perfect for him. The team is more or less built to his liking, don't you think? Attacking full backs, balanced midfield partnership in Hendo & Lucas, and having that movement, flair and pace up top with Lallana & Sterling.

Coutinho has been very good last 2-3 games, but tonight, he was majestic and pulled the strings. Absolutely phenomenal match.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1332: Dec 30, 2014 12:08:40 am
      Ripped Swansea a part, just a shame that once again his shooting let him down.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1333: Dec 30, 2014 12:10:45 am
      Ripped Swansea a part, just a shame that once again his shooting let him down.

That's the only aspect in his game that lets him down. I would tell him not to bother shooting from outside the box and always look for that pass.

Quick Reply