Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402077 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1679: Aug 09, 2015 06:59:19 pm
      I'd sign him to a new contract with a release clause of £100m.

I'm not joking.

Works for me
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1680: Aug 09, 2015 07:03:16 pm
      Magical. Suarez mark 2? Obviously not in play but in influence on the pitch and the points he could win for us.

Now when he runs at defenders i am sure they will have the fear factor they once faced with Suarez, the more he scores the more his presence allows other players to get in effective positions for us. 

Seemed to find Benteke a couple of times today and linked up well, but i am really excited to see how he does with Firminho, think them two attacking teams together could be our most threatening side to our play.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1681: Aug 09, 2015 07:18:16 pm
      Magical. Suarez mark 2? Obviously not in play but in influence on the pitch and the points he could win for us.

Now when he runs at defenders i am sure they will have the fear factor they once faced with Suarez, the more he scores the more his presence allows other players to get in effective positions for us. 

Seemed to find Benteke a couple of times today and linked up well, but i am really excited to see how he does with Firminho, think them two attacking teams together could be our most threatening side to our play.

He's not as Suarez's level....yet!

I love it when Coutinho gets passionate though...

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1682: Aug 09, 2015 07:34:20 pm
      I'd sign him to a new contract with a release clause of £100m.

I'm not joking.

I could see one of the Spanish giants coughing that amount up too.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #1683: Aug 09, 2015 07:58:42 pm
      Great strike by Coutinho, to win a lacklustre game against Stoke. I just wondered how long it will be before "moneybags" City will take to put in a bid for the lad.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1684: Aug 09, 2015 08:01:48 pm
      Coutinho only scores big goals. Has he ever had a tap-in? ;D

Goal aside, though, I thought he was off a bit today. I don't really get the fascination everyone has with playing him as the 10. It's too easy for teams to mark him out of the game when he's already central, whereas I think he's more effective playing a free role off-center on the left, giving him the chance to cut in and shoot.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,915 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1685: Aug 09, 2015 08:28:07 pm

Goal aside, though, I thought he was off a bit today. I don't really get the fascination everyone has with playing him as the 10. It's too easy for teams to mark him out of the game when he's already central, whereas I think he's more effective playing a free role off-center on the left, giving him the chance to cut in and shoot.

His link up play is far superior when he is in an central position and he poses more of a threat as he can create space for players either side of him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1686: Aug 09, 2015 08:43:37 pm
      What a strike :) Thanks
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1687: Aug 09, 2015 08:48:51 pm
      Outstanding strike from one of the most gifted players in the league, absolutely love this lad to bits.

Well in Phil!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1688: Aug 09, 2015 08:51:53 pm

As far as I'm concerned the lad can play in net if he wants :D I agree with your point, giving him the license to roam around would benefit our attack so much more. No one player will be able to stick to him for the full 90 minutes as he'll be forgotten about the minute he starts to move.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1689: Aug 09, 2015 09:58:24 pm
      Absolutely Brilliant strike for The Magician.

Hope he's turned around to Firmino and said, you try that next.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1690: Aug 10, 2015 06:04:59 am
      He can be our Suarez, our focal point of attack.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1691: Aug 10, 2015 07:05:15 am
      it really is incredible that he's not the most highest paid player at the club.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1692: Aug 10, 2015 11:33:38 am
      it really is incredible that he's not the most highest paid player at the club.

No, no it isn't.  You've got more shitty spin than any UK government in the last 2 decades, combined.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1693: Aug 10, 2015 03:21:06 pm
      His latest screamer takes him into the 17 goal club, where he joins one or two Liverpool greats.

Hugh Morgan, Bill McPherson, Bill Jones, Ronnie Moran, Paul Ince, Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Skrtel.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1694: Aug 10, 2015 03:30:24 pm
      I love him. He's phenomenal
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1695: Aug 10, 2015 07:19:32 pm
      Certainly improved his shooting. I remember when he was never hitting them cleanly and always dragging it wide.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1696: Aug 10, 2015 07:54:40 pm
      No, no it isn't.  You've got more shitty spin than any UK government in the last 2 decades, combined.

who exactly do you think is more deserving than Coutinho of being the highest paid player at the club right now?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1697: Aug 10, 2015 08:02:58 pm
      who exactly do you think is more deserving than Coutinho of being the highest paid player at the club right now?

As pay is based on more than just performances and goals (plus a sh*t tonne of other factors) and lets not forget, barring the goal, that wasn't a good performance from the little magician, I really can't be arsed getting in to it with you, because your dull, semantic based arguments aren't worth getting in to at present.  Just to let you get a little riled though, as that does seem to be your raison d'etre, both Henderson and Milner do.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1698: Aug 10, 2015 08:27:19 pm
      As pay is based on more than just performances and goals (plus a sh*t tonne of other factors) and lets not forget, barring the goal, that wasn't a good performance from the little magician, I really can't be arsed getting in to it with you, because your dull, semantic based arguments aren't worth getting in to at present.  Just to let you get a little riled though, as that does seem to be your raison d'etre, both Henderson and Milner do.

it's not really semantics, it's just a simple question: who is deserving of being paid more than Coutinho?

and I never said that his performance was good.  No one performed well yesterday.

But if you consider performances to be a key factor in pay, then I'm left speechless if you truly think that Henderson, who regularly goes missing both in games big and small, is more deserving based on his "performances."  Just go have a look through the posts in his thread from last season to see how many times people said he went missing, again and again and again.  The idea that Milner, who has literally played on one game for us, would be deserving of higher wages than Coutinho, is also mind-boggling.

No one in our squad is perfect.  Coutinho goes missing on occasion as well.  But with him it's more the exception rather than the rule, whereas with Henderson it's part of his DNA.

And I honestly couldn't be arsed with how many goals Coutinho scores---that's not part of why I think he should be highest paid.  It's because of the way he controls the games, the way he pulls the strings and finds the passes again and again and again.  the goals are just the cherry on top. 

So yes.  Pay is based on a lot of things.  And Coutinho checks off all three: best/most talented player at the club, most consistent performances, greatest influence on our games.

No one else even comes close to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1699: Aug 10, 2015 08:37:34 pm
      Sheer passion in his celebration.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1700: Aug 10, 2015 09:35:32 pm

He comes across as one of those people that has never had an argument in his life :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1701: Aug 10, 2015 09:44:02 pm
      He comes across as one of those people that has never had an argument in his life :D

Would probably struggle to fight his way out of a paper bag.

Quick Reply