Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401421 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Apr 17, 2015 08:36:02 am
      Our player of the season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1588: Apr 17, 2015 09:25:32 am
      Didn't know that. Should be in the running for the young players award, right?

Yes, he's in the run in. Also on that list though is Kane, De Gea and Hazard who have all had better seasons on the whole. Will be interesting to see who wins the awards this year as I don't think one player has stood out so much from some of the others.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1589: Apr 17, 2015 09:31:08 am
      Yes, he's in the run in. Also on that list though is Kane, De Gea and Hazard who have all had better seasons on the whole. Will be interesting to see who wins the awards this year as I don't think one player has stood out so much from some of the others.

Kane and Hazard probably.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1590: Apr 17, 2015 01:37:31 pm

That would probably be my guess too. Even though I dislike the scum, I think De Gea has had as good a season in net as those two have in attack. It's thanks to him that they're in the top 4.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1591: Apr 17, 2015 02:26:09 pm
      Top player
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1592: Apr 17, 2015 04:23:55 pm
      I would argue that Coutinhos form since Christmas has been as good as any player in the league but obviously our guys were all struggling right up until then. My vote would be for Hazzard who has been fantastic for the chavs all year. I suspect Kane may win it though, he will certainly win the writers award I should think.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1593: Apr 17, 2015 10:40:52 pm
      Has had a great season...still surprising how young he is and just how much responsibility is placed upon his shoulders.
      Need others to really step up or be brought in to allow him some freedom
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1594: Apr 17, 2015 11:15:04 pm
      Contract renewal

“Liverpool have always shown a great warmth to me so when they came to me with a proposal I did not need to think twice to renew the contract,” explains Coutinho. “I have always been looked after very well by this football club and I am very happy at this football club, so I didn’t even have to think about it.”

On Rodgers, who cites long-term security as a psychological factor in Coutinho’s improvement since putting pen to paper.

“It is difficult for me to say that, I’d rather not talk about myself in terms of stepping up a level or things like that because I prefer to do my work during the week and then show my best in the game. Sometimes the game does not go for you no matter how much you try, but I do what I can and leave other people to their opinions on how I played.”

Terry's nomination

“I was really pleased when I heard that because it is coming from such a great player. It was wonderful.” And whom did he vote for? “I’m keeping that a secret,”

On his improvement in scoring

“The FA Cup has been good for me and I have scored some goals but I want to get better because I need to get better. Scoring goals is one of the things that I need to do better because a player in my position must do that. I want to achieve many other things but that is the main one.”

Is reaching Suárez’s level of creativity and menace for Liverpool another target?

“I wouldn’t say I need to be like him because each player has their own way of playing,” Coutinho responds. “But I always try to improve. What Luis did for Barcelona against PSG the other night was amazing and it is incredible what he can do as a footballer. I want to get better.”

Being favourites for the FA cup

“It’s very difficult when people think we’re favourites,” he says. “Games like this are always difficult if you think like that. I know what people think but we have to play as well as we can to achieve what we want.”

Meeting Pele

“We spoke with him just for a little bit,” recalls Pelé’s compatriot and fellow No10. “We did not ask many questions. He asked us what life was like over here and how things were. We asked him how was his flight. We did not have much time. I have never met him before, it was my first time and a great honour for me. I was a little bit nervous meeting him before the match. It is the ultimate honour because Pelé is Brazil’s greatest player and probably in the world. Meeting a person like that sends a shiver down your spine.

“Of course, I took a photograph with him and I’ll keep it with some of the other idols that I have. My main idol is Ronaldinho. He was the player I always wanted to watch wherever he was playing. I had a photograph taken with him when I was called into the national team when I was 17. I have always kept that and it is the photograph I treasure the most.”

The future

“My mind is at Liverpool, I’m a Liverpool player and I don’t think about not being in the Champions League because I am happy here and want to be here,” he states. “The season has not finished yet regarding the Champions League. There are still a few games to go, many things can happen, and we will try to finish the season on a high. Our aim is always to start the season thinking of winning titles and trophies. the Champions League is not mathematically out of reach and we’re in the semi-finals of a great competition. We will do our best to win the trophy. It matters a lot to us as a club.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/17/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-aston-villa-fa-cup-semi-final
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1595: Apr 17, 2015 11:28:40 pm
      I have an utter man crush on Phil that has become even greater after reading the above article.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1596: Apr 18, 2015 12:30:07 am
      I'm not gay, but I totally would. I'm just saying.
      I F***ing love the guy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1597: Apr 19, 2015 01:10:18 am
      Take not Sterling, take note.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1598: Apr 19, 2015 05:29:23 am
      he's the player we've always wanted isn't he, remember how we used to cry out for the link between midfield and attack? now probably neither are up to standard but we have a diamond linking them up now!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #1599: Apr 19, 2015 06:33:02 am
      Phil gets it.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1600: Apr 19, 2015 05:25:09 pm
      I feel terribly sorry that he has to endure all this sh*t we're playing. He's a great lad and our best player currently. He needs more top players alongside him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1601: Apr 21, 2015 12:16:23 am
      Good to see the lad get another goal.

Committed to us or not, Barca will come knocking for him before long, especially as Iniesta gets closer to the final years of his career.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1602: Apr 21, 2015 12:51:41 am
      The sort of player you build your team around.

Bring players that will complement hi style another season of mediocricy by the club and can see him head to Spain.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1603: Apr 21, 2015 01:33:31 pm
      the best player in our team by a mile
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1604: Apr 22, 2015 01:41:34 pm
      Our real best player. Not Sterling. If he can sort out his consistency and get 10+ league goals a season, then he's as good as Neymar.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1605: Apr 23, 2015 02:17:08 am
      The sort of player you build your team around.

Bring players that will complement hi style another season of mediocricy by the club and can see him head to Spain.

100%.

Build the future around this guy and buy players who suit him. Not many are as brilliant as him on the ball and his vision is outstanding. He's also added that defensive side of his game and will improve further.

Bloody love the guy.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1606: Apr 23, 2015 04:17:34 am
      100%.

Build the future around this guy and buy players who suit him. Not many are as brilliant as him on the ball and his vision is outstanding. He's also added that defensive side of his game and will improve further.

Bloody love the guy.

Not to mention he is a top bloke too.

Will never forget the day when the reds were in Melbourne was sat in the hotel they were staying at and he walked past me and my little brother who was wearing his jersey. He initially walked past and was about to board the bus when I yelled out and asked for a photo of him with my little bro. Not only did he turn around walk back a good 20m through a crowd of players and staff he posed for a photo and signed his shirt too.

Top top man.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1607: Apr 23, 2015 08:15:16 am
      Last season i taught that lil Sterling is a better player than him,but now i see that is utter rubish.I love this player and i love every dribble he makes and every goal he scores.Top player and we should stick on to him for a very long time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1608: Apr 23, 2015 09:02:57 am
      Not to mention he is a top bloke too.

Will never forget the day when the reds were in Melbourne was sat in the hotel they were staying at and he walked past me and my little brother who was wearing his jersey. He initially walked past and was about to board the bus when I yelled out and asked for a photo of him with my little bro. Not only did he turn around walk back a good 20m through a crowd of players and staff he posed for a photo and signed his shirt too.

Top top man.

<3
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1609: Apr 23, 2015 12:44:39 pm
      very very pleased this wee fella signed a new deal as well last week.

Quick Reply