Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

When we win the Title!

Read 11769 times
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Re: When we win the Title!
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2013 07:44:06 pm
      I'd get drunk to the point where I wake up 3 days later resulting in a complete blackout and forgetting we won the title. I'd then relive the moment of finding out we've won it, and do the exact same thing again. (Then repeat the process 18 times for the 18 previous titles I wasn't born for :))
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #24: Feb 11, 2013 12:54:39 am
      I don't get to Anfield as often as i used to, but if we were in for he title, and it depended on a last game at home, I'd be up with my boys and if we couldn't get tickets (highly unlikely) we'd be in The Albert or The Sandon.  Then hang around for a couple of days for the parade. Probably need a couple of days to sober up then, to drive home. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #25: Feb 11, 2013 01:48:32 am
      paint the town green, we will!!!

Then the scousers will have to paint it back RED!!!!
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 11, 2013 03:17:43 pm
      Then the scousers will have to paint it back RED!!!!
      I'll gladly stick around to help then!!!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #27: Feb 11, 2013 11:18:12 pm
      I'll get a big horn with all the excitement and keel over and die happy. :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Mar 18, 2014 08:47:32 pm
      I'm bumping this as it's 7 weeks this Sunday till May 11th.

I started the thread as a bit of fun last January, little thinking that we'd be in this position so soon.

Has anyone started making mental or definite plans yet?  Are any of our overseas fans thinking they might make it to Liverpool?  Have you already prepared for getting over, just in case?

I know where I'm planning to be on May 11th but what if it happens before the last game?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Mar 18, 2014 08:54:13 pm
      Has anyone started making mental or definite plans yet?  Are any of our overseas fans thinking they might make it to Liverpool?  Have you already prepared for getting over, just in case?

I'm definitely considering going to Liverpool if we win it with a few games in hand or are in real contention for the last game. Maybe getting a ticket would be impossible but just being in the city to celebrate would be awesome.

The problem is as we get closer to the WC the more unlikely it is I would be able to get a couple of days off at work so it would have to be only a weekend trip! Considering how long it takes in flights etcetera it might not be feasible after all :(
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #30: Mar 18, 2014 09:03:19 pm
      if we are in with a shout on the last day, I'll deffo be up with my lad, and possibly a couple of his mates. Be looking for a hotel or b&b for the night, and possibly a couple more nights. Just hope if it's on, our last match is a Sat 3.00pm k.o. Better for the evening celebration. And the parade on the Sunday I would hope.
      Be good to have a bevy with a few forum members and a forum pub takeover sounds great, as long as its close to Anfield. For those without tickets it's nice to feel the noise.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #31: Mar 18, 2014 09:05:01 pm
      I'm definitely considering going to Liverpool if we win it with a few games in hand or are in real contention for the last game. Maybe getting a ticket would be impossible but just being in the city to celebrate would be awesome.

The problem is as we get closer to the WC the more unlikely it is I would be able to get a couple of days off at work so it would have to be only a weekend trip! Considering how long it takes in flights etcetera it might not be feasible after all :(

I think just a few hours in the City would be worth it Diego.  I know you've already visited but to experience the City when we'd just won the Title would just be the most memorable event of your life, marriage and children exempted of course  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Mar 18, 2014 09:07:19 pm
      if we are in with a shout on the last day, I'll deffo be up with my lad, and possibly a couple of his mates. Be looking for a hotel or b&b for the night, and possibly a couple more nights. Just hope if it's on, our last match is a Sat 3.00pm k.o. Better for the evening celebration. And the parade on the Sunday I would hope.
      Be good to have a bevy with a few forum members and a forum pub takeover sounds great, as long as its close to Anfield. For those without tickets it's nice to feel the noise.

The last games of the season are all on the Sunday mate and if I'm not mistaken they're all 4pm ko's.

I'm not even bothered about a ticket, I just want to be there with fellow Reds.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Mar 18, 2014 11:02:29 pm
      Spot on debs, I'll do eveything in my power to be in the City during the last week, if it looks like we will be crowned Champions. sh*t, I better get my backs packed.  ;D

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the World at that time mate. I reckon the party will go on for months if when we do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Mar 19, 2014 12:26:58 am
      I'm definitely getting myself to Liverpool if it happens. Was gutted I was too young to go Liverpool on my own when we won the Champions League - being only 15 and all.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #35: Mar 19, 2014 12:40:42 am
      May 11th is my birthday. Could be the best one yet  ;D
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #36: Mar 19, 2014 02:17:45 am
      I would love to see the members of the 1989/1990 team at our last game this season, presenting Stevie with the premiership trophy, that would be a awesome sight!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #37: Mar 19, 2014 03:48:48 am
      I would love to fly over there to celebrate, but I'll just have to content myself with finding some fans here to be happy with.  I will also have fun ribbing my wife's niece, who has the great misfortune of being a ManU fan.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38: Mar 19, 2014 08:28:47 am
      First place I would visit with my 2 young boys will be the memorial for the 96, it would be the first time we won a title after the tragic events.

I really believe we will win the title this year, it's written in the stars, with all that's gone on with Justice finally being given to us, we are going full circle & order will be restored.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #39: Mar 19, 2014 11:58:17 am
      Was thinking about this the other day

After going obviously bat-sh*t mental in the ground after the barcodes game when we get the trophy, I would then buy a 'champions' scarf outside the ground, and then go to my old dad's grave (ex season ticket holder who died a few years ago now) , tie the scarf round the headstone and say a heartfelt "Thank You" to him for bringing me up a liverpool fan in the 70's and 80's when I still lived up there.

So, little bit sombre, but that is what i would do.

Now we just need to go and win the damn thing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Mar 19, 2014 12:04:47 pm
      Flying In .

YEH BABY !
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #41: Mar 19, 2014 01:03:17 pm
      Well id expect The city centre to look like the 2005 turn out, We'd All Be There twice as many i expect.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #42: Mar 19, 2014 01:05:44 pm
      I would hate to be a Blueshite on the day we lift the title :D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #43: Mar 19, 2014 01:08:39 pm
      I put flags out of the windows for the cup finals in 2012, might just go the whole hog, and paint the house red when we win the title. :-)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Mar 19, 2014 01:30:47 pm

Don't forget my DM's Skip  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928