Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

When we win the Title!

Read 11741 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: When we win the Title!
      Reply #69: Mar 23, 2014 01:14:50 pm
      If it does happen what ex players would you like to see there on the final day?

Few obvious ones like Carra and Sami. The King will be there anyway. Not sure what way the Italian fixtures are but it would be nice to see Rafa and Pepe there. Houllier and Thommo.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #70: Mar 23, 2014 01:26:10 pm
      What about the squad of players who lifted our LAST title !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Mar 24, 2014 01:07:26 pm
      What about the squad of players who lifted our LAST title !

Good shout that
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #72: Mar 24, 2014 01:19:40 pm
      Looking at the run in for Chelsea, City, and ourselves it looks like it will come down to us or Chelsea in my opinion.  City have several really tricky ties (United, Arsenal, Southampton, LFC, and Everton).  We have 3 tricky ties (Tottenham, City, and Chelsea) although all of those are home games.  Chelsea really only have 1 really difficult looking game against us, but the game against Stoke could be tricky as well. 

The way I see it, we will need to win all of our remaining games bar 1 in order to win the title, and it is an absolute certainty that we need to beat Chelsea at home or else they are going to cruise to the title.  I will remain as optimistic as possible that we can lift the title, but I think that right now it is Chelsea's to lose :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #73: Mar 24, 2014 01:48:35 pm
      When we win the title, I'll be on a week long piss up (already booked the 11th-18th May off work).

If the homecoming is the same as 2005, then once again I'll be down at St George's Hall to welcome our boys and celebrate with thousands of other Reds.

Oh yeah and I might require an operation to have the smile surgically removed from me face.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #74: Apr 19, 2014 06:36:38 pm
      All being well I'll be flying into Manchester on the 10th May and looking for somewhere to rest my head for two nights anyone got an suggestions ? and no not a bloody Guillotine block !
      Does anyone live in mancland who can offer me a lift? please !
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #75: Apr 19, 2014 07:08:32 pm
      If we win it then I'll be trying as hard as it's humanly possible to be in Liverpool for the celebrations,so if there's any Glasgow area based reds going down in a Van/people carrier then I'll take a seat haha! As for immediately after it being confirmed, I'll no doubt get emotional and end up crying like I imagine a lot will on here,and as I don't drink I'll pour myself a cold glass of Irn-Bru and look up to the sky and tell my grandfather who sadly never saw us back in this postion that the wait is over,we've done it and we're back where we belong.

I'll be in London the day of the game against palace so I'd love get a ticket for it. Just sucks I don't have enough posts yet to post in the ticket section so I hope it's ok I'm saying this but if anyone has a spare ticket for the game I'll take it,no doubt about. Just let me know if any of you do have one.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #76: Apr 19, 2014 08:58:13 pm
      If we win it then I'll be trying as hard as it's humanly possible to be in Liverpool for the celebrations,so if there's any Glasgow area based reds going down in a Van/people carrier then I'll take a seat haha! As for immediately after it being confirmed, I'll no doubt get emotional and end up crying like I imagine a lot will on here,and as I don't drink I'll pour myself a cold glass of Irn-Bru and look up to the sky and tell my grandfather who sadly never saw us back in this postion that the wait is over,we've done it and we're back where we belong.

I'll be in London the day of the game against palace so I'd love get a ticket for it. Just sucks I don't have enough posts yet to post in the ticket section so I hope it's ok I'm saying this but if anyone has a spare ticket for the game I'll take it,no doubt about. Just let me know if any of you do have one.
      I didn't ever think there would be a fellow Glasgow red on here. I'm hoping to go down if I get a ticket for the barcodes game but as for travel, I've not planned that far ahead.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #77: Apr 19, 2014 09:33:37 pm
      i am due major surgery in the next  few weeks(splenectomy.....ive got a bad spleen, 4 times normal size not playing nice and trying to kill me and needs to  come out urgently)
      need surgery  ASAP but now hoping its after the 11th may if we are still in the running for the title.
      I ve seen us win loads of titles back  in the day and never thought id see us win another one so would like to  see us win and then have life saving surgery a day or 2 later.
      all of you who (hopefully,fingers crossed weve won and can then)  go to the parade make sure you  take video so i can see it all when i get  out  of Hospital.

COME ON YOU REDS.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: Apr 19, 2014 09:34:57 pm
      i am due major surgery in the next  few weeks(splenectomy.....ive got a bad spleen, 4 times normal size not playing nice and trying to kill me and needs to  come out urgently)
      need surgery  ASAP but now hoping its after the 11th may if we are still in the running for the title.
      I ve seen us win loads of titles back  in the day and never thought id see us win another one so would like to  see us win and then have life saving surgery a day or 2 later.
      all of you who (hopefully,fingers crossed weve won and can then)  go to the parade make sure you  take video so i can see it all when i get  out  of Hospital.

COME ON YOU REDS.

you just keep on thinking of that parade its going to be the best ever
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #79: Apr 19, 2014 09:36:10 pm
      All I know is I'm not going to count my chickens, especially as I don't plan to let it get that far.  Scrambled eggs, salmon & avocado for breakfast.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Apr 19, 2014 09:50:04 pm
      All I know is I'm not going to count my chickens, especially as I don't plan to let it get that far.  Scrambled eggs, salmon & avocado for breakfast.

I count my chickens every day in the pen at the bottom of the garden and they are all still here
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #81: Apr 19, 2014 09:52:29 pm
      I count my chickens every day in the pen at the bottom of the garden and they are all still here

Even this close to Sunday dinner? :)
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #82: Apr 19, 2014 09:56:28 pm
      you just keep on thinking of that parade its going to be the best ever

I was outside the picton library in 77 after rome, that was quite good!!!
      Also inside anfield to  see us lift the league trophy a number of times and again the atmosphere was quite good also!!!!!

Knowing my luck , my  op  will be the 11th may ;D.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #83: Apr 19, 2014 10:24:58 pm
      I will drive into Chicago to be fellow Red fans and have a beers in the pub while I watch the game and after the game!! It will be a big party for those of us in and near Chicago. Wish I had the money to fly over, but I am saving money to make it over there next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #84: Apr 19, 2014 10:51:50 pm
      I'm still holding off booking the ferry for the Sunday night as I don't want to jinx anything.

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #85: Apr 19, 2014 11:02:37 pm
      I've booked rooms from Saturday through Tuesday night.... IF it happens, I will be there partying my ass off with a few 100,000 of my closest friends :D 

Haven't booked airline tickets yet, thought I'd wait til after Chavs game because those are non-refundable

Don't have a match ticket, be a miracle to get my hands on one of those now.  But a local pub and a parade will do me fine. Hope to meet a bunch of y'all while I'm in town. 

LETS DO IT !!!!!
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #86: Apr 20, 2014 10:00:03 am
      Myself and some friends have a flights booked to Liverpool for months now for the weekend of the 23rd, never ever thought we could  be going over and Liverpool would have won the title, I am presuming the city will still be hopping if we win the league even though its a bit later?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #87: Apr 20, 2014 10:26:39 am
      Doe's anyone have any idea of the potential parade schedule if we won for the Monday as my return flight is from Manchester at 7pm.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #88: Apr 20, 2014 10:45:18 am
      I'm gonna miss the parade, I go to florida for 3 weeks on 1st may.

If any of you on here are near kissimmee (sp) id be happy to meet up for a bevy.

This will be the 2nd I have missed. Was in salou in 05 and missed the champs league parade.

I really need to stop going on holiday in may haha
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #89: Apr 20, 2014 09:08:07 pm
      I am gonna be in Liverpool with my twin brother singing and celebrating and watching the game in a pub. That is gonna be our second time in the town and in England. The first one did not go so well and with our best mate we bought two fake tickets and just one real one from touts :X and I let my brother go in. So, we are not going for it this time I guess :D.

Anyway, I have never been at Anfield or seen Liverpool lift the league title in my lifetime and I would love to be in the town.
      Also, after his first game at Anfield my brother told me that he could not finish singing YNWA cause he started crying. Then at half time I cried but outside the stadium after the stewards had not let me in at my brother's place with his ticket. He was gonna get out to let me be at Anfield as well. Now, I do not know how I would react but if Liverpool win the title I might be crying again and I dont cry often!

When is the parade likely to be ? I have not booked our flight yet.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #90: Apr 20, 2014 09:39:05 pm
      Could potentially seal the title on my birthday.

:)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #91: Apr 20, 2014 09:45:10 pm
      Out of interest, if we do indeed win this league, how many of our squad will actually get a medal?

Isn't it something like 10 games a player has to play, in order to qualify? My guess is only about 15 of them will actually qualify!

Quick Reply