Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Underrated Players You Rate

Read 40812 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Underrated Players You Rate
      Reply #115: Aug 29, 2014 07:38:58 pm
      We should've took a risk and finished the season off with N'Gog as our main striker when Torres left. I think he could've been nurtured into a great center forward.

So are you saying we shouldn't have signed Suarez then as he became our main striker? (even though he probably would have even if Torres stayed).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #116: Aug 29, 2014 07:42:43 pm
      So are you saying we shouldn't have signed Suarez then as he became our main striker? (even though he probably would have even if Torres stayed).

Carroll :) I genuinely believe N'Gog would've been fantastic with Suarez
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #117: Aug 29, 2014 07:46:24 pm
      Carroll :) I genuinely believe N'Gog would've been fantastic with Suarez

No not Carroll, I know he was essentially signed as the replacement but fact is he didn't replace him. 1) Because he was injured for quite a bit when he first signed and then he never really settled or stayed at the club long enough where as Suarez came in and was smashing the goals in from day 1, replacing the goals we were to lose from Nando.

N'Gog could have been a good player but he was far too inconsistent.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #118: Aug 29, 2014 08:46:21 pm
      No not Carroll, I know he was essentially signed as the replacement but fact is he didn't replace him. 1) Because he was injured for quite a bit when he first signed and then he never really settled or stayed at the club long enough where as Suarez came in and was smashing the goals in from day 1, replacing the goals we were to lose from Nando.

N'Gog could have been a good player but he was far too inconsistent.

Yeah, I don't think he even had a run of games, besides, he was very young at the time. Always thought he had so much potential and reminded me of Kluivert.

As for Suarez, I agree, he was the player that eventually replaced Torres and became our main striker, but I think we as a team, would've benefited greatly with Suarez playing along side a focal point in attack for the final 6 months of that season. Anyway, which ever position Suarez played, he would've eventually become our main player, but I think N'Gog would've flourished along side him, and who knows, maybe he would've been our main striker today :)

If's and Buts, just a shame N'Gog and Spearing never reached their true potential :(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #119: Aug 29, 2014 11:41:36 pm
      And Azpilicueta. Keeping Filipe Luis out of the side by playing terrific defensively and very handy in attack.

I think Schurrle is underrated in a way. He's used as kind of a 'best of the rest' player at Chelsea but he's deadly in front of goal.

Zabaleta can't be underrated. He's the best right back in the league, ahead of Coleman.

Agree on all this Crouchy.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #120: Sep 01, 2014 05:00:27 pm
      Ki.

Swansea were mental to loan him to Sunderland last season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #121: Sep 01, 2014 05:08:06 pm
      Yeah, I don't think he even had a run of games, besides, he was very young at the time. Always thought he had so much potential and reminded me of Kluivert.

As for Suarez, I agree, he was the player that eventually replaced Torres and became our main striker, but I think we as a team, would've benefited greatly with Suarez playing along side a focal point in attack for the final 6 months of that season. Anyway, which ever position Suarez played, he would've eventually become our main player, but I think N'Gog would've flourished along side him, and who knows, maybe he would've been our main striker today :)

If's and Buts, just a shame N'Gog and Spearing never reached their true potential :(

Woah woah woah....that's English for stop a horse!

N'Gog was one of the most terrible players we have ever bought. A 6ft plus lumbering idiot who's movement, eye for goal and all round attitude was f**king sh*t. I have nightmares over that tw*t to this day. I really cannot see how anyone would think he could have developed into a decent player, let alone our number 1 striker as you thought. An utterly awful player and no doubt my most hated of the last decade. Rafa bought an absolute stinker made all the more insulting when you consider that he was bought to replace Crouch. Now that he's a free agent he's probably found his level for the first time in his life....away from the football field.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #122: Sep 02, 2014 08:38:35 am
      Ki.

Swansea were mental to loan him to Sunderland last season.

Very good player.

While were on Swansea players Nathan Dyer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #123: Sep 02, 2014 10:59:14 am
      Wayne Routledge! I think he's been great for them since he went back there.

Angel Rangel has been great.

And....Dwight Gayle :( Saw him play live at Anfield last season and easily was their best in his cameo. Looks a very handy player, great pace. Probably at his level for now but young enough to step up soon.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #124: Sep 02, 2014 07:57:22 pm
      Wow, I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post as much this one.

He's a nasty little c**t. Probably my least favourite Chelsea player after Terry. Hate the guy with a vengeance. Not even a good player, very average with the ball and not great defensively.

Matic is 5x the player Ramires will ever be.

Jesus, has he plugged your sister as well?

It was just an opinion, as were the many posts before mine about Ramires being underrated.

Take another look at the topic of this thread, because Matic is rated so highly that the chavs were willing to reach for their ankles and take an almighty ploughing from Benfica to bring him back.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #125: Sep 02, 2014 08:17:07 pm
      Wayne Routledge! I think he's been great for them since he went back there.

I remember him at Palace in 2005 when they beat us and have thought of him as a good player since.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #126: Sep 02, 2014 08:33:43 pm
      I remember him at Palace in 2005 when they beat us and have thought of him as a good player since.

Exactly the same here Mag. Remember him impressing quite a few in that season but then went off the radar after becoming a bit of journeyman following his signing at Tottenham (not the first or the last English player who has moved and seen his career stall at the Spuds) but it's great seeing him rediscover his early promise at Swansea.

Mark Noble anyone?

Alwys thought he was a very good player and seemd to have a good game today judging by MOTD.

Absolutely agree with this one from si. Always been a fan of Noble's since his role in keeping West Ham United up in 2006/2007. Remember at the end of an incredible match when they got beat by Spurs 4-3 at the death and he was inconsolable, in a flood of tears. One of the best examples of passion I ever saw from a player. Clearly loves his club, works his heart out and has a good deal of skill to go with it as well. Should have been capped at international level by now but sadly hasn't been.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #127: Sep 02, 2014 10:39:12 pm
      Absolutely agree with this one from si. Always been a fan of Noble's since his role in keeping West Ham United up in 2006/2007. Remember at the end of an incredible match when they got beat by Spurs 4-3 at the death and he was inconsolable, in a flood of tears. One of the best examples of passion I ever saw from a player. Clearly loves his club, works his heart out and has a good deal of skill to go with it as well. Should have been capped at international level by now but sadly hasn't been.

To think the likes of Cleverly has England caps while the likes of Noble never will.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #128: Sep 03, 2014 12:39:23 pm
      Darron Gibson. Very underrated midfielder IMO. Mancs let him go but he is exactly the type of player they are missing now. Strong and tenacious in his tackling yet passes the ball very well linking defence to attack. Thought he was brilliant for the Bitters in the season prior to that awful knee injury. Apparently he has recovered after a year out so could be featuring in the PL again this season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #129: Sep 03, 2014 12:59:17 pm
      Steve Sidwell!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #130: Sep 03, 2014 01:29:28 pm
      Darron Gibson. Very underrated midfielder IMO. Mancs let him go but he is exactly the type of player they are missing now. Strong and tenacious in his tackling yet passes the ball very well linking defence to attack. Thought he was brilliant for the Bitters in the season prior to that awful knee injury. Apparently he has recovered after a year out so could be featuring in the PL again this season.

having a laugh mate? He's dreadful

Good shouts here so far include Ivanovich, Noble and Schurlle

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #131: Sep 03, 2014 02:54:23 pm
      having a laugh mate? He's dreadful

Good shouts here so far include Ivanovich, Noble and Schurlle

No I'm not having a laugh and the fact you call him dreadful further emphasises how underrated a player he is.
      hazlfc9
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #132: Sep 04, 2014 04:42:20 am
      Barry Bannan
      I woulda seen 15+ other names be released by villa before him
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #133: Sep 04, 2014 06:07:20 pm
      From the past I would say one that stood out to me was Villa's Dalian Atkinson. Scored some crackers.
      Presently, i really like Mark Noble as others have mentioned and also Garth Barry. Barry has been excellent for Everton.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #134: Sep 04, 2014 07:01:47 pm
      Danny Welbeck... Now that's he gone to a half likable team
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #135: Sep 04, 2014 07:04:08 pm

He's left Arsenal already?
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #136: Sep 05, 2014 12:37:23 am
      From the past I would say one that stood out to me was Villa's Dalian Atkinson. Scored some crackers.
      Presently, i really like Mark Noble as others have mentioned and also Garth Barry. Barry has been excellent for Everton.
      Gareth Barry's an extremely underrated player don't think he gets the credit, Noble's for me does a job but I wouldn't put him in the underrated category. He's a steady Premiership player but wouldn't say he's international class like has been alluded to earlier.

Was never a fan of Atkinson myself, yes like you say he scored some crackers but was a very hot and cold player never and more cold imo.
      If we're going back from the persent for me the massive standout in the history of  Premier League was Denis Irwin. Never seems to even get in the argument when you talk best Premiership XI, but he was as solid a performer as you could ask for.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #137: Sep 15, 2014 02:13:06 pm

He's still sh*te and what's likable about Arsenal.

A shower of smug cockney cu*ts!

Quick Reply