Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Underrated Players You Rate

Read 40751 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Underrated Players You Rate
      Reply #161: Oct 06, 2014 11:53:51 am

Thing with a player like him though when you're at Sunderland or West Brom you can have 1 good game in 5 and if that one good game is a really good one then the perception is you're a good player.
      That's the impression I have with him, very hot and cold.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #162: Oct 06, 2014 12:09:59 pm
      Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Don't know what Spuds were thinking selling him. They should have sold Lamela instead. Didn't even give him many chances when they had him. Idiots.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #163: Oct 06, 2014 06:51:40 pm
      Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Don't know what Spuds were thinking selling him. They should have sold Lamela instead. Didn't even give him many chances when they had him. Idiots.

I genuinely think that they only signed him so that we couldn't.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #164: Oct 06, 2014 07:09:33 pm
      Craig Gardner. Strikes the ball so sweetly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #165: Oct 06, 2014 07:37:43 pm
      Craig Gardner. Strikes the ball so sweetly.

Very good player.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #166: Oct 06, 2014 07:53:25 pm
      I'm glad some of yous aren't on our transfer commity

:D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #167: Oct 06, 2014 08:24:09 pm

You should see some of the ideas they come up with haha
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #168: Oct 09, 2014 05:56:56 am
      Gabriel Agbonlahor, I bet he ends up at our club.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #169: Oct 09, 2014 08:10:14 am

Saw a link with us, the Scum and Arsenal supposedly interested in Tiote.

I think he looks a decent player myself.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #170: Oct 09, 2014 09:35:06 am
      Gabriel Agbonlahor, I bet he ends up at our club.

I hope to f**k you are a member of a snooker club in Birmingham or something
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #171: Oct 09, 2014 10:21:08 am

Too right PD just had a quick read through this some truly awfull names thrown on the pile sends shivers through you.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #172: Oct 09, 2014 10:46:03 am
      Sturridge.

Still can't believe the Kop doesn't sing his name.
      He's F***ing boss, and he's going to tear teams asunder.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #173: Oct 09, 2014 11:02:34 am

Indeed Jon.

He's garbage.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #174: Oct 09, 2014 12:37:28 pm
      :lmao:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #175: Oct 09, 2014 02:58:16 pm
      Elmohamady at Hull. Great engine and good delivery from the right wing
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #176: Oct 11, 2014 09:50:57 pm
      Scott Brown at Celtic.
      Just watched him put in a proper captain's display for Scotland against Georgia. Was brilliant.
      In fact watching Scotland was fantastic...proper team performance. England could do well to watch and learn from them.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #177: Oct 22, 2014 05:53:35 pm
      Not one to usually comment in this section of the forum. While I watch plenty of footy, don't really comment on any other clubs as I don't give a F**k about them.

But while I'm here;

Arsenal - Gibbs. While everyone bangs on about Arsenal's wonderful passing play and attacking flair and w*nk themselves silly over the overrated players like Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsay and Welbeck - Gibbs just goes about his business. Gets forward when he can, defends at an acceptable level. If he can stay fit for a prolonged period, he'll be sound.

Aston Villa - Westwood. Some little no mark from Crewe making his way to the Premier League because a manager had the balls to take a chance on him. Delph seems to be getting all the attention now (I really don't know why, cos he is sh*te) but without Ashley Westwood, Villa would be lost. Everything goes through him.

Burnley - Trippier. Very solid right back who is probably suffering from being in a poor team. Wouldn't look out of place in almost any Premier League side. Gets forward, knows how to defend. Everything you could want in a full back. Throws in well too.

Chelsea - Azpilicueta. Got a thing for full backs haven't I? This fella is quality. Very rarely see him get beaten. Comfortable on the left or right. Great going forward too. And maybe what I like most about him is he knows his limitations. You see some full backs who think they're John Barnes or Steve McManaman and can just glide past 5 players. This fella, just plays it simple to the more creative players.

Crystal Palace - Kelly. Never hid it, I thought this lad was boss for us. From what I've heard and seen, he looks to be winning over the Palace fans very quickly as well. If he can stay fit, he'll be a quality addition to their defence. Really disappointed to see him go.

Everton - Howard. Was sh*t at United and has had a couple of dodgy moments this year but for the last five years or so, I'd say he's been one of the best keepers in the League. Everton's, moderate, success has been built on a good defence and Howard has constantly been there. But it's usually Baines, Jagielka, Distin and Coleman who get the plaudits while Howard just goes unnoticed.

Hull - Livermore. Dunno why I rate him because he's never really done anything that impresses me but maybe that's why. He's the sort of midfielder who keeps the ball ticking over, gets his foot in at times too which is always a plus in my book. To think Spurs kept Demebele in favour of him makes me wonder what the F**k Tottenham are doing. Tends to be Huddlestone who gets the praise cos he plays the big fancy passes but Livermore for me is the better player. (not really that hard as I think Huddlestone is up there with the most overrated players I've seen)

Leicester - Schmeichel. Son of a United legend but I don't think he lives off his arl fella's reputation. For me he's a boss keeper. Good shot stopper, commands his area more than most keepers do nowadays and looks like a steady man in goal. Was surprised City let him go all those years back. Not surprised to see him back in the top flight though. If Leicester stay up, he'll have a big part to play in it.

Liverpool - Henderson. Without doubt. I know he's starting to get some acknowledgement but it's still nowhere near the credit he deserves. In a side that was full of flair and big name reputations, he more than held his own last year. And in a side that is really struggling this year, he's probably been our more consistent performer.

Man City - Fernandinho. In a team like City's it's hard to have any underrated player really. They're all raved about constantly - especially the midfield. But I think Fernandinho does that job that kinda goes unnoticed but with it, still produces moments of quality in the opposition half as well. And like I said with the Chelsea fella, he knows his limitations. He doesn't try and be a Toure or a Silva, he just does his job.

Man Utd - De Gea. It's going to be hard to pick anyone to do with United's defence given the sh*t they're in but De Gea is the stand out. The other day when they beat Everton, it was down to De Gea making huge important saves. Like all keepers he'll make mistakes but I think he's only going to get better. Also don't see him get mentioned as one of the top keepers that I think he is.

Newcastle - Santon. Another full back(!). Really rate him though, think he's sound on either flank, looks composed and knows when to get forward. Would be much better in a better side though, which is maybe what's holding him back at the minute.

QPR - Caulker. His own goal against us has done nothing to convince me he's anything but a good centre half in the making. Really think he could become a top quality defender but of course that won't happen in a sh*t QPR side. Deserves better than that and Cardiff. If Vlaar leaves Villa, they'd do well to sign Caulker and then we'd get to see if he has got it to move up the League.

Southampton - Clyne. Yet another full back. Really don't know how this lad wasn't snapped up in the Summer. With us buying the majority of the spine at Saints, Arsenal grabbing Chambers and United Shaw, I thought it was only a matter of time before Clyne got nabbed. But he didn't and it's the best thing that could happen for Koeman (that and keeping hold of Schn...that number 4). Clyne would be my first choice signing in January.

Stoke - Crouch. Even now I think the big man is underrated. At Liverpool he was massively underrated by almost everyone. His England record gets sh*t on constantly because he's never scored against a big team (especially by some F***ing horrible c**t called Gary Newbon) but he can't score if they don't select him for those games. Scores constantly. Scores great goals constantly as well. Might not be a Brendan type player but I'd have him back at Anfield right away.

Sunderland - Fletcher. Always been a fan of his. Thought he was good for Hibs, good for Wolves, Burnley and now Sunderland. Not a world class player by any stretch but good enough. Will always score goals.

Swansea - Rangel. I tried to stay away from the full backs but I couldn't. Not only does he have the best name in the League, he's one of the best right backs in it as well. Solid defensively. Sound offensively. And the fact he's been a regular under 5 different Swansea managers shows just how good he is. None of them have tried, or been able, to find a replacement for him.

Tottenham - Lloris. Probably the hardest team to pick one from because I think the majority of the Spurs side is overrated (massively!) but I don't think Lloris gets half as much recognition as he should. For me he's the best keeper in the League but is very rarely mentioned why that comes up. Good shot stopper, can actually catch a ball which is a rarity for modern day keepers, good with the ball at his feet, vocal, a leader. Almost everything you could want in a keeper.

WBA - Yacob. Dunno why but I've just always liked him as a player. Tidy little player who gets stuck in. Add goals to his game and he'd be F***ing boss.

West Ham - Tomkins. Nothing to do with the fact that I bought him for Liverpool on FM13 for 5 mill and he's been player of the year for me in each of his first 4 seasons. He's a good proper centre half. Throws his head on the ball, gets his body on the line and is very rarely out-muscled. Get a decent defender next to him and the Hammers could have a very strong defence.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #178: Oct 25, 2014 01:58:23 pm
      West Ham do have a decent defender with him, and he's miles better in Winston Reid.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #179: Oct 27, 2014 05:05:40 pm
      Does Nemanja Matic count as an underrated player? I don't often see him get tons of praise, but I'm highly impressed with him at Chelsea.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #180: Oct 27, 2014 05:15:46 pm
      Does Nemanja Matic count as an underrated player? I don't often see him get tons of praise, but I'm highly impressed with him at Chelsea.

If he does I'm in the same boat as you, rate him extremely highly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #181: Oct 27, 2014 06:04:41 pm

Fantastic player.

Best in the league in his position possibly.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #182: Oct 28, 2014 12:56:23 pm
      Tadic at Southampton looks superb
      Alex Song for West Ham, always liked him

But my favourite who always looks very good - Frazer Campbell....think he would be perfect for us. Never gives up loads of energy, and scores goals in sh*t teams.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #183: Nov 11, 2014 03:38:27 pm
      Not sure if this has been mentioned, but, Sami Hyypia.

Every non LFC fan I spoke to considers him to be good, that's about it. For me, Hyypia was world class and the best central defender we had since PL started.

Quick Reply