Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jamie Carragher To Retire At The End Of The Season

Read 16461 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jamie Carragher To Retire At The End Of The Season
      Reply #23: Feb 07, 2013 01:31:55 pm
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jamie Carragher to retire at the end of the season
      Reply #24: Feb 07, 2013 01:47:42 pm
      Come back soon, Jamie.  ;) :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #25: Feb 07, 2013 01:50:54 pm
      Nooooooooooooo bloody hell cara lad you've still got a season or two in you yet.:-(sad news
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 07, 2013 01:53:54 pm
      Thanks for everything you've done for the club Jamie absolute legend of a player and person he always left it all on the pitch a model pro for any young player at a time when they are so few and far between, time to retire the no.23 shirt aswell maybe YNWA.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,909 posts | 4975 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Feb 07, 2013 02:06:26 pm
      The day i have dreaded for a long long time has finally arrived, tho not surprising i'm still in shock that we won't be seeing much more of this true legend of our club,everyone i hope will savour the times Jamie appears in red because i doubt we will ever see a player so committed, so passionate as Jamie has been, the days of a one club career have become a thing of the past and apart from our skipper i can't imagine we will see this type of committment again, i have been priviledged to have witnessed Carra on many occasions and like all the other legends of our fantastic club he will be remembered for his own style of play, his total loyalty and of his desire to give his all no matter what, and in a world game full of prima donna's and wannabe's and money grabbing tossers, Jamie has remained rooted to the floor and has respected where he is from and of those less fortunate than himself, he is a credit to our club, a credit to his people and a credit to his family,

All the best Jamie, i wish you every success whatever you do, and Thank you for everything,   YNWA
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #28: Feb 07, 2013 02:10:51 pm
      Really unexpected to be brutally honest. I do think this guy still got a year or two in him, but he's already made up his mind. A true legend in my eyes for sure. A dedicated servant and a really awesome leader. Gave everything and expects nothing. His loyalty and dedication for the club and the fans is sure to leave a very long and memorable imprint.
      Younger generations of fans will sure have to be remembered about what this guy was all about;Mr. Liverpool. What he lacks in pace he covered with his great positioning and understanding of the game. He's one of the reason I came to love Liverpool Football Club.

Thank you for your undivided loyalty and service...I will always dream a team of Carraghers. YNWA Carra!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Feb 07, 2013 02:17:03 pm
      It was going to happen.

He and Stevie carry forward the original DNA of what and who Liverpool Football Club is.

If Carra isnt ON the pitch he needs to stay within the club.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: Jamie Carragher to retire at the end of the season
      Reply #30: Feb 07, 2013 02:17:43 pm
      Have to say I almost teared up when I read the news. He's been one of my heroes for years. Always gives 100% to represent the team and it will be almost impossible to replace him. Such a presence in the team and absolutely fearless on the pitch. Many of our great achievements wouldn't have been possible without him.

The way he has conducted himself as a footballer has been exemplary. If I am ever lucky enough to have a son and teach him how to play, I will tell him to always conduct himself like Jamie.

Shame he never got to win a league title with us, as I can't think of many more deserving of one, but he's won everything else. Hopefully he'll be part of the management when we do win the league.

YNWA Jamie Carragher, Liverpool Legend.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #31: Feb 07, 2013 02:21:27 pm
      He always said he would play for Liverpool and Liverpool alone, the day has come that he has decided to call it a day, and cannot thank the man enough.

A true professional (despite the Rafa "rumors") and a one club man, which is a rare breed.

Hope to see him back at the club very soon, and perhaps time for the number 23 shirt to be retired as a fitting tribute to the legend that is Carra.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #32: Feb 07, 2013 02:25:53 pm
      True legend, and he really epitomizes the fighting character of what a player for this club should be!!  He always gave 100% no matter what the circumstances, and his presence will be missed. 

Hopefully he returns to the coaching staff in the near future!!

YNWA Jamie
      LFCexiled
      Reply #33: Feb 07, 2013 02:36:45 pm
      If only all life sentences could be like Jamies has been eh?

Fair play Jamie, he'll be kept on in some role I'd imagine. The role of 'Head Shout' is made for him, he needs to be around to instill the Scouseness.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #34: Feb 07, 2013 02:38:16 pm
      The lad couldn't have given an ounce more for the club as a player, he'd run through brick walls for us. We all knew he was struggling to play too many games on the bounce now but he's shown once again this season that used sparingly, he's still one of the best around.
      I can only echo the general sentiment in here that he needs to be offered a coaching role now and a player/coach contract while he learns the ropes sounds perfect.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #35: Feb 07, 2013 02:54:19 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #36: Feb 07, 2013 02:56:11 pm
      Just remembered I've got tickets to the QPR match in May, going to be a special day now.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #37: Feb 07, 2013 03:01:40 pm
      I will never, ever forget those last-ditch tackles and blocks he made in Istanbul, even when suffering from cramp. That just typifies what kind of player he was.

Will always be grateful for his commitment, loyalty and effort. The ultimate role-model.

Thanks for all the memories, Jamie. It would be nice if we won the Europa League for him and be a fitting end to a wonderful career.

YNWA.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38: Feb 07, 2013 03:02:51 pm
      "Leaving Liverpool" sounds to me like Carra has a job in the media or perhaps as a manager already lined up (my money would be alongside Neville in the former). He's been a fantastic player for us, and it's amazing that everyone thinks he's our best defender again. If you said that six months ago you were derided (believe me I know). Now, even those who went off him after he said Houllier was the best manager he'd played under love him again. Like everyone else, I wish we could find a spot in the set up for him, Carra could bethe founding member of the modern boot-room.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #39: Feb 07, 2013 03:09:05 pm
      time for the compilation  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #40: Feb 07, 2013 03:12:20 pm
      We need him to stay in the club somehow on regular basis.

Thanks for everything Great Carra.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Feb 07, 2013 03:12:57 pm
      Good luck to the man in what he does next. One of the ultimate Liverpool legends, no doubt.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #42: Feb 07, 2013 03:20:14 pm
      Just remembered I've got tickets to the QPR match in May, going to be a special day now.

Good point, me too. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #43: Feb 07, 2013 03:40:39 pm
      Gonna save my goodbyes for when he actually leaves the game but sad news on many fronts. True professional and a class act in all ways.

YNWA Carra!
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #44: Feb 07, 2013 03:41:35 pm
      European Cup Final 2005
      This one game sums this man up
      He gave everything that game

He MUST stay at the club in some coaching / scouting role
      He has a wealth of football knowledge and will be sinful if we let someone else acquire his services
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #45: Feb 07, 2013 03:41:49 pm

Quick Reply