Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Favourite Live

Read 15976 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Favourite Live
      Feb 14, 2013 11:21:10 pm
      Just a thread for your favourite live performances from bands you like or even songs from bands you don't but just sound better when you've heard them live.

Now I'm sure there will be more explosive, exciting and better ones posted in here, and I might have a few myself, but I wanted to start with the one below.

For me it's the best performance from one of the band's most famous song for a couple of reasons.

The crowd are fantastic, it's my favourite arrangement of the song and better than the recorded version and lastly the emotion shown by Noel at the end.

Enjoy.

Noel Gallagher - Emotional version of Dont Look Back in Anger - Live
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Favourite Live
      Reply #1: Feb 14, 2013 11:55:14 pm
      Ahh great thread si! And I can't argue with your choice of Noel Gallagher. Saw that video a couple of years back and its still the most legendary performance of DLBIA in the life of that song. Strange as it comes right at the end of Oasis's career and not in the usual manic venues they performed across Britain. Saw him perform it in Glasgow last year and it was an immense moment as was his whole show.

I unashamedly enjoy the big moments from an act's live set so for me it's easily the one below. All I Want Is You is a song I like but not as much as Where The Streets Have No Name which I think is the best song I have ever heard live. The way the band segue into Streets is amazing but nothing is more amazing than Bono's stunning vocals! The intro of Where The Streets Have No Name still gives me goosebumps and it's just one of those songs that liberates your spirit!

U2 - All I Want Is You & Where The Streets Have No Name (Live From Slane Castle)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #2: Feb 15, 2013 12:08:08 am
      Great choice FMS.

All I Want Is You was our wedding song so always like that and another I seem to prefer the live versions of. I wanted to go to the Slane U2 concert but didn't get tickets.

You're right about going into Streets. Around 4.59-5.00 in.

Electric.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #3: Feb 15, 2013 12:13:14 am
      Another favourite of mine.

Great band, great song and the Boss.

What more do you need?

The Gaslight Anthem & Bruce Springsteen - The '59 Sound
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Feb 15, 2013 10:50:37 am

Was at that ^^^  Si.  8)

This track (live) is always F***ing awesome and if you ever get the chance to be part of the crowd... you'll get what I mean.

Less Than Jake: All My Best Friends Are Metalheads (LIVE)

And imagine being part of this experience? ...   ;)  :o

fun loving criminals scooby snacks live glastonbury

Best ever.....  :action-smiley-035:

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Feb 15, 2013 10:59:19 am

Saw FLC doing Scooby Snacks back in the day but not at Glasto, it was at Reading. I remember agreeing with my mates that they were far better live than we expected. It helped that they played in the early evening when the sun was beating down and everybody was half-pissed and in holiday mode but it was a great experience. One reason I wish we had camera phones back then was that we ended up dancing to Scooby Snacks in the Bacardi tent... with the band! Surreal and brilliant.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Feb 15, 2013 11:08:04 am
      I remember agreeing with my mates that they were far better live than we expected.
      Without a doubt mate. There are quite a few acts like that in fact... (sound better live than in studio). I can think of quite a few but the thread could get cluttered up real quick.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #7: Feb 15, 2013 11:16:45 am

Jealous mate as I've been looking to see Gaslight for a while now and it just hasn't worked out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Feb 15, 2013 11:37:20 am
      This is possibly my favorite youtube video ever... from one of the greatest punk rock bands of all time, playing the song of a genius like Bob Marley.

Stiff Little Fingers - Johnny Was (live 1980)

I'm a big fan of this interpretation of "I Spy" from Pulp - Jarvis Cocker is an amazing front man.

Pulp - I Spy

I still can't believe I missed Arcade Fire concert in Rio when they came over... they're boss live! This is one of their best songs, fantastic performance as well.

WAKE UP - THE ARCADE FIRE - GLASTONBURY 2007

Love the next video mainly because of Loz, Ride's drummer. I absolutely love his contribution to Ride's songs, the most underrated drummer of all. The sound of this video actually isn't that good, unfortunately.

Ride - Vapour Trail (Live in Madrid 92')

Marvin Gaye at his very best!

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On live in Montreux 1980

Van, the man... with The Band! Just couldn't get any better. Gotta love this man's voice and passion singing this brilliant song.

The Last Waltz - Van Morrison - Caravan
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Feb 15, 2013 06:06:16 pm
      Ahh great thread si! And I can't argue with your choice of Noel Gallagher. Saw that video a couple of years back and its still the most legendary performance of DLBIA in the life of that song. Strange as it comes right at the end of Oasis's career and not in the usual manic venues they performed across Britain. Saw him perform it in Glasgow last year and it was an immense moment as was his whole show.

I unashamedly enjoy the big moments from an act's live set so for me it's easily the one below. All I Want Is You is a song I like but not as much as Where The Streets Have No Name which I think is the best song I have ever heard live. The way the band segue into Streets is amazing but nothing is more amazing than Bono's stunning vocals! The intro of Where The Streets Have No Name still gives me goosebumps and it's just one of those songs that liberates your spirit!

U2 - All I Want Is You & Where The Streets Have No Name (Live From Slane Castle)

Glad you posted this up mate, it's my choice too.  As you say Edge's solo intro is just absolutely awesome. 

I've seen U2 live on their last tour but have some of their previous tours on dvd, the Slane Castle one is my favourite.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #10: Feb 15, 2013 06:15:18 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Feb 15, 2013 08:34:55 pm
      Glad you posted this up mate, it's my choice too.  As you say Edge's solo intro is just absolutely awesome. 

I've seen U2 live on their last tour but have some of their previous tours on dvd, the Slane Castle one is my favourite.

I agree debs - Slane Castle is my favourite as well. The first dvd I bought was their Zoo TV Live From Sydney from 1993 and I was absolutely blown away with it. Heard a lot of great things said about that tour and I can see why. It was stunning! Slane Castle is just incredible though. The set list is amazing and the crowd and setting are incredible. Plus it was held on the day of the funeral of Bono's dad so it definitely had that extra personal feel to it.

Like Diego's Arcade Fire choice as well. Saw them in Edinburgh in 2011 and you really got a sense of what a tight knit act they are. Si's choice is brilliant as well. Amazing song.

Si posted Oasis earlier on but I forgot that I absolutely love this performance. Both Gallagher brothers in their element.

Oasis Supersonic (Live at Wembley 2000)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #12: Feb 15, 2013 08:50:54 pm
      Going to see this guy a week tonight at the famous Glasgow Barrowlands. A blast from my past - a guy and his bands (Friends Again and Love & Money) that I grew up with and some of my early gig going. Love his voice and the pain it conveys - nowhere near cool enough for some of you pups  :lmao:

James Grant & Karen Matheson - I Dont Know You Anymore
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #13: Feb 15, 2013 09:22:32 pm
      REM take some beating as a live band, might be the tech improvements but they compare more than favourably to some of the bands years ago we saw live.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Feb 16, 2013 12:14:21 am

What more do you need?

The Gaslight Anthem & Bruce Springsteen - The '59 Sound

That's so cool! I'm in love with that video. Thank you very much for posting.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #15: Feb 16, 2013 01:32:57 am

Quite agree with you that hearing Where The Streets Have No Name live really does give me goosebumps.

When I first saw them on the Vertigo tour in 2005 at Twickenham I thought that version couldn't get any better that was until I saw them in 2009 at Wembley Stadium on the 360o Tour when Bono sang YNWA as the intro leading into the song. My mate looked at me as the song kicked in and said 'you've got tears in your eyes' to which I replied 'really? I wonder why that is' but he knew why. Amazing band live especially in a stadium.

Best indoor live gig and band i've seen though has to be Kasabian especially on there last tour in 2011 at the Echo Arena. The way they perform is brillant and when they finish up with Fire i've honestly never been in a crowd like it before for how the place was bouncing from the foundations upwards. Definately worth seeing if you do get the chance!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Feb 16, 2013 02:05:27 am
      I've just changed my opinion about what is the best video on youtube... it's obviously this one:

Springsteen - Lost in the Flood

Wow. Just wow. Seriously. Watch this. Watch all of this. Best performance ever.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #17: Feb 16, 2013 09:50:20 am
      Quite agree with you that hearing Where The Streets Have No Name live really does give me goosebumps.

When I first saw them on the Vertigo tour in 2005 at Twickenham I thought that version couldn't get any better that was until I saw them in 2009 at Wembley Stadium on the 360o Tour when Bono sang YNWA as the intro leading into the song. My mate looked at me as the song kicked in and said 'you've got tears in your eyes' to which I replied 'really? I wonder why that is' but he knew why. Amazing band live especially in a stadium.

Best indoor live gig and band i've seen though has to be Kasabian especially on there last tour in 2011 at the Echo Arena. The way they perform is brillant and when they finish up with Fire i've honestly never been in a crowd like it before for how the place was bouncing from the foundations upwards. Definately worth seeing if you do get the chance!!!

Saw Kasabian last year in Dubai, had to travel miles out of town to some kind of stadium in the desert, the band themselves were top drawer, really excellent performance and as you say they really stir the crowd up.
      Whenever I hear Pink Floyd doing Fearless my hair feels like it's standing up and I get a charge up and down my spine when YNWA breaks out at the end, compliments of the Kop of course.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #18: Feb 16, 2013 10:29:14 am
      That's so cool! I'm in love with that video. Thank you very much for posting.

No problem mate!

Gaslight are a great band if you haven't heard much of them try and check them out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Feb 16, 2013 01:49:28 pm
      No problem mate!

Gaslight are a great band if you haven't heard much of them try and check them out.

I have heard a bit of them but probably not as much as I should. That's a good shout.

Oh, and people, seriously, go watch that Bruce Springsteen video I posted. That's what I call a real, truly great, f***in awesome performance. So much emotion in his voice; powerful lyrics as well.

In fact, this whole concert (Springsteen @ Hammersmith Odeon in 1975) is absolutely brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBGSS63B2o
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #20: Feb 16, 2013 03:48:29 pm
      I have heard a bit of them but probably not as much as I should. That's a good shout.

Oh, and people, seriously, go watch that Bruce Springsteen video I posted. That's what I call a real, truly great, f***in awesome performance. So much emotion in his voice; powerful lyrics as well.

In fact, this whole concert (Springsteen @ Hammersmith Odeon in 1975) is absolutely brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBGSS63B2o

Our Ste went to see him earlier this year in Manchester, said he's still F***ing awesome.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Feb 16, 2013 04:40:00 pm
      Our Ste went to see him earlier this year in Manchester, said he's still f**king awesome.

He's coming to Brazil this year, gonna play on Rock in Rio. Haven't got tickets yet but definitely will. Can't wait for that, all videos I watch of him live are truly awesome.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22: Feb 16, 2013 09:26:54 pm
      Going to see Bruce later this year. Cannot wait. His back catalogue is just incredible. He never lets up in quality.
      Yggdrasil
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
      Reply #23: Feb 16, 2013 09:42:30 pm
      I like this video of The Boss playing along side a street musician in Copenhagen.

Bruce Springsteen Live on street in Copenhagen 1988 (Original Full Version)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Feb 18, 2013 03:04:07 pm
      I'm totally addicted to Bruce Springsteen and his live videos. He's immense.

I can't wait to watch him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Feb 18, 2013 04:26:41 pm
      I'd been a long time waiting for this gig.
      It didn't disappoint.

Rage Against The Machine - Opening + TESTIFY [live] - O2 Arena - Dublin - 08/06/10
      I'm somewhere in that.

Rage Against The Machine - SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE [live] - O2 Arena - Dublin - 08/06/10
      This rant was brilliant.

Rage Against The Machine: Sleep Now In The Fire (The O2, Dublin, Ireland, 8th June 2010)

Better quality.

Rage Against The Machine: White Riot (The O2, Dublin, Ireland, 8th June 2010)

I'd forgotten about this cover.

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:

Setlist;

1. Testify
      2. Bombtrack
      3. People Of The Sun
      4. Know Your Enemy
      5. Bulls On Parade
      6. Township Rebellion
      7. Renegades of Funk (Afrika Bambaataa cover)
      8. Bullet In The Head
      9. White Riot (The Clash cover)
      10. Guerrilla Radio
      11. Sleep Now In The Fire
      12. Wake Up

Encore:
      13. Freedom
      14. Killing In The Name
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 04:45:12 pm by racerx34 »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #26: Feb 18, 2013 07:08:33 pm
      Doesn't come across that well on YouTube but that's kind of the point of the OP I suppose.

I saw Faith No More at that venue, in that year so I'm assuming this was recorded that night. One of my first "proper" gigs and still one of the greatest I've been to.
      For those that know their music, just picture us stood there in the dark as a dim, red light on the stage gets steadily brighter, revealing Mike Patton stood there in his formal suit, holding a weird little keyboard with a pipe into his mouth. As the cheers died down, he played Midnight Cowboy and just as it ended and faded out, the rest of the lights came on and they blasted into Collision! Absolutely epic (no pun intended).

Anyway, I think this was about the third song in:

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis [Live 1997]

Saw Deftones around the same time, possibly early the following year (98) when they weren't exactly a big name over here. Again, I was blown away and this song in particular stayed in my head for a long time:

Deftones - Be quiet and drive (far away) (Live @ Recovery TV 1998)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Feb 19, 2013 10:19:40 am
      Doesn't come across that well on YouTube but that's kind of the point of the OP I suppose.

I saw Faith No More at that venue, in that year so I'm assuming this was recorded that night. One of my first "proper" gigs and still one of the greatest I've been to.
      For those that know their music, just picture us stood there in the dark as a dim, red light on the stage gets steadily brighter, revealing Mike Patton stood there in his formal suit, holding a weird little keyboard with a pipe into his mouth. As the cheers died down, he played Midnight Cowboy and just as it ended and faded out, the rest of the lights came on and they blasted into Collision! Absolutely epic (no pun intended).

Anyway, I think this was about the third song in:

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis [Live 1997]

Saw Deftones around the same time, possibly early the following year (98) when they weren't exactly a big name over here. Again, I was blown away and this song in particular stayed in my head for a long time:

Deftones - Be quiet and drive (far away) (Live @ Recovery TV 1998)

I suppose that's the point really.
      It doesn't matter how good recordings become,
      sometimes you just had to be there.

When you see the videos played back it doesn't give
      any indication of the atmosphere or interaction between
      the band and the crowd.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2013 03:36:28 am
      Again, Bruce. The boss. This one is from his last album, cracking song. Tom Morello is in the video too.

Bruce Springsteen - Death To My Hometown
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2013 07:39:35 am

I suppose that's the point really.
      It doesn't matter how good recordings become,
      sometimes you just had to be there.

When you see the videos played back it doesn't give
      any indication of the atmosphere or interaction between
      the band and the crowd.

Exactly. I have very few live recordings because, although they are a nice way of preserving memories, the atmosphere never fully comes across. Pearl Jam, for example, they have some of the best live recordings out due to their high technical ability on stage but what rarely comes across is the way almost every person in the crowd is completely lost in the music and singing along or at least mouthing the words.
      My kids like a lot of sh*t music at the minute but I'm going to do my best to encourage them to go to gigs as they get older and build memories, just as I have.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #30: Feb 20, 2013 08:46:39 am
      Love the thread Si.

My first choice has already been mentioned but this is the live version that made me fall in love with the song. Perfect performance.

U2 All I Want is YOU LIVE Milan

This one isn't even one of my favorite songs by the Killers but it was one great live act.

The Killers - Human (live) [HQ]

Amazing energy by Snow Patrol and the crowd here, I can't stop listening to it lately.

Snow Patrol - Run 720p (Live @ Oxegen 2009)

I've never been his biggest fan, but I was really impressed the night he performed this one for the first time at the MTV VMA's, too bad I can't find a better video.

Kanye West- Love Lockdown LIVE at the 2008 VMA's
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2013 01:57:37 am
      Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) | MTV World Stage, 2010 | Part 5 of 9 | 720p HD

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Coldplay - Live T in the Park - BBCHD

Two bands I've had the pleasure (and honour!) of seeing. Saw them on their tours supporting two of probably my most favourite albums of the last 5 years (The Suburbs and Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends) Two of the very best live acts I think.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Mar 05, 2013 06:48:06 pm
      I'm sure there will be a few on here who will love this. What a performance by Liam. Along with One by U2 this song is the best song of the 90s for me. A refreshing burst of optimism and hope.

Oasis - Live Forever (Acoustic) MTV 1994 (HD)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Mar 05, 2013 07:55:49 pm
      I'v seen loads live and Tom Chaplin is the best live singer i've ever witnessed, sounds better live than he does on cd.

Keane - Everybody's Changing LIVE! DVD

Special Mention to Noel Gallagher too as why they never released this an side with him singing, I'll never know.

Oasis - The Masterplan_Unplugged

Last but not least one of my other favourites, the phonics.

Stereophonics Hurry Up And Wait (Live)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34: Mar 05, 2013 07:59:49 pm
      I'v seen loads live and Tom Chaplin is the best live singer i've ever witnessed, sounds better live than he does on cd.

Keane - Everybody's Changing LIVE! DVD

Special Mention to Noel Gallagher too as why they never released this an side with him singing, I'll never know.

Oasis - The Masterplan_Unplugged

Last but not least one of my other favourites, the phonics.

Stereophonics Hurry Up And Wait (Live)

Agree about Tom Chaplin. Immense singer. Like other bands of their calibre they get criticised often for the music they produce which is quite sad because his voice is stunning which goes really well with some brilliant pop tunes. Makes you realise how little singing talent there is in music today.

Keane - Crystal Ball (Live At O2 Arena DVD) (High Quality video)(HQ)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Mar 05, 2013 08:06:28 pm
      Agree about Tom Chaplin. Immense singer.

Agreed mate he's amazing blew me away at the telewest arena.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Mar 08, 2013 10:28:58 pm
      Loved this performance of Everyday is Like Sunday by Morrissey himself.

Morrissey - Everyday is like Sunday (Live 2004)
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #37: Mar 09, 2013 03:40:09 am
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #38: Mar 26, 2013 07:38:46 pm
      This thread only proves why they call him the boss.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Thunder Road Live In Barcelona 2002
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Mar 26, 2013 09:03:52 pm
      Oh yes. Sharing the love for The Boss.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #40: Mar 27, 2013 01:51:46 pm
      Agreed mate he's amazing blew me away at the telewest arena.

Remember seeing them in Hastings about 96, you could tell they were going to be good back then.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Mar 28, 2013 04:01:34 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #42: Mar 28, 2013 09:39:00 am

The Beastie Boys came across like a US version of the Sex Pistols, as the proposition implies however they did lack the spontaneity and venom of the Pistols.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Mar 29, 2013 12:34:54 am
      The Beastie Boys came across like a US version of the Sex Pistols, as the proposition implies however they did lack the spontaneity and venom of the Pistols.

I just like the ay the crowd are going off and the light pulses punctuating everthing. I always think the Beastie Boys are taking the piss but not parody more ..satire
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Mar 29, 2013 04:05:33 pm
      The Beastie Boys were awesome even when live on TV.

Beastie Boys - "Ch-Check It Out"

I'll always regret not going to watch them when I had the chance a few years ago.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Mar 30, 2013 01:15:55 am
      The Beastie Boys were awesome even when live on TV.

Beastie Boys - "Ch-Check It Out"

I'll always regret not going to watch them when I had the chance a few years ago.

THe Beastie Boys made some great stuff.

Beastie Boys from 1984
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #46: Apr 05, 2013 04:35:55 am
      And imagine being part of this experience? ...   ;)  :o

Only now I watched this video, great song, amazing performance. The crowd looks brilliant. Really addictive song, can't stop watching the video.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Apr 05, 2013 04:44:52 pm
      Saw FLC doing Scooby Snacks back in the day but not at Glasto, it was at Reading. I remember agreeing with my mates that they were far better live than we expected. It helped that they played in the early evening when the sun was beating down and everybody was half-pissed and in holiday mode but it was a great experience. One reason I wish we had camera phones back then was that we ended up dancing to Scooby Snacks in the Bacardi tent... with the band! Surreal and brilliant.

Haha sounds like a great experience. I've been singing Scooby Snacks inside my head all day long after watching this video.

Even got their album that contains this song, quite good album, never paid much attention to FLC before.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #48: Apr 05, 2013 07:17:31 pm
      Haha sounds like a great experience. I've been singing Scooby Snacks inside my head all day long after watching this video.

Even got their album that contains this song, quite good album, never paid much attention to FLC before.

Good band back in the day and Huey always seemed a bit of a loon. Seen them twice at the Royal Court and then a few years ago before the smoking ban at Liverpool Uni. When they played "Smoke 'em" nearly everyone in the place was smoking something! First two albums are the best and got to admit loving "Big Night Out" on the second album just for the immortal line of "I got a supermodel on my d"

Fun Lovin' Criminals - 10 - Big Night Out (Big Day Out, 1999)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Apr 17, 2013 05:11:03 pm
      Bruce Springsteen w/ Michael Stipe - Because The Night

Bruce Springsteen AND Michael Stipe. Yes and it's every bit as good as you could imagine....and more!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Apr 26, 2013 06:48:15 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Apr 30, 2013 05:44:29 pm

Rumours doing the rounds that Blur are coming to Brazil this year. If that's true, I'll explode. I've wanted to watch them for so long I can't quite believe it. Awaiting official confirmation from the Planeta Terra festival.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #52: May 01, 2013 10:22:27 am
      Skunk Anansie are awesome live, think they are touring at the moment too, pure energy!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #53: Jul 02, 2013 11:39:20 pm
      Not my video but one of the best gigs I've been to and first time in the Olympia in Dublin and it is a great wee venue.

The Gaslight Anthem - '45' - Live Olympia, Dublin; 18-Jun-2013
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #54: Jul 02, 2013 11:57:22 pm
      Radiohead at the Greek Amphitheater in Los Angeles in 2003 I think and also Atoms for Peace at the Santa Barbara Bowl in 2011.
      Amazing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Jul 03, 2013 12:11:16 am
      Not my video but one of the best gigs I've been to and first time in the Olympia in Dublin and it is a great wee venue.

The Gaslight Anthem - '45' - Live Olympia, Dublin; 18-Jun-2013

I'd say that was F***ing boss.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: Jul 03, 2013 12:19:21 am
      Gonna check them out.
      Playing on words, love the Gaslamp killers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Jul 03, 2013 12:25:24 am
      Gonna check them out.
      Playing on words, love the Gaslamp killers.

Meh.

The Gaslight Anthem are a lot more traditional than the earlier Killers stuff.
      Then you have a good reference for the Killer Gas.

The Killers have long since disappeared up their own arse.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #58: Jul 03, 2013 12:28:54 am

It was indeed mate.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #59: Jul 03, 2013 12:49:34 am
      Saw the killers at one of their first gigs.
      They were good because it was new.
      The Gaslamp killer are an electronic group from LA

Crazy good.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Jul 03, 2013 12:50:28 am
      Saw the killers at one of their first gigs.
      They were good because it was new.
      The Gaslamp killer are an electronic group from LA

Crazy good.

Ha ha.
      Okay.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #61: Jul 03, 2013 12:54:02 am
      Agree about the killers though.
      Always steer clear of any cult believing bands!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #63: Aug 27, 2013 09:58:54 am
      Pearl Jam - Black (Unplugged 1992)

Introduced to me by Racer, loving it ever since.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Sep 16, 2013 02:15:15 am
      This is one of the most epic live performances I've ever seen. So good. The boss, of course.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Tenth Avenue Freeze Out - Live In New York City

Can't believe I'm seeing him next Saturday!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Sep 16, 2013 11:02:12 am

Ah, the unrequited love song.
      Pure poetry.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Oct 29, 2013 11:50:22 pm
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #67: Oct 30, 2013 09:10:40 am

And imagine being part of this experience? ...     

Best ever.....

That looks unbelievable. What year is it from?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #68: Oct 30, 2013 10:27:51 am
      That looks unbelievable. What year is it from?
      If memory serves me right - 1999 ickle dude.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #69: Oct 30, 2013 11:13:02 am
      If memory serves me right - 1999 ickle dude.

it's the only song of theirs I know tbh, before my time really. They played a small festival (Cois Fharraige) about 15 minutes away from me alright a few years ago. Which is weird because there is never festivals (or even gigs) anywhere around where I grew up, even hours away. Always in Dublin & the surrounding areas.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: Oct 30, 2013 12:19:21 pm
      it's the only song of theirs I know tbh, before my time really.

You've probably heard King of New York.
      ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #71: Oct 31, 2013 10:35:49 pm
      Saw Paul McCartney in Liverpool, at Echo Arena, in December/2011, I don't think any concert will top that. Ever.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #72: Nov 11, 2013 10:29:47 pm
      Saw The National in Belfast at the weekend and as I said in the concerts thread they were truly outstanding and the best band I've seen live in quite some time, possibly the best ever. They really were that good.

You just knew you were in for a special kind of night when the band strolled on and Matt was clutching a glass of red wine. Just something about that image screamed 'class' to me and class they were from the very first song 'Start a War'.

I was there early so we got right to the front and it was worth it as they put on a great show and was so good to be so close to a band full of musicians on top of their game. Bryce and Aaron Dessner were as good as I thought they would be, along with Scott Devendorf.

But the man I really was keen to hear live was one of the best drummers around in Bryan Devendorf and he didn't disappoint. He really is something else to see live and the intro to Squalor Victoria was a real treat. Fantastic work.

Matt also surprised me a bit as although I expected his voice to be great, and it was, it was his stage presence that was far better, if thats the right term, than I thought it was going to be. The man is brilliant live and as more wine was drunk he really came into life. So much so that he went into the crowd once and during the encore actually almost done a lap of the outer seats of the arena which the crew had their work cut out to keep his mic with him. Just wasn't expecting that and not sure if this is usual from him or if it was a spur of the moment thing.

The set itself was unreal and they played for almost two hours with the new album sounding as fantastic as I'd hoped alongside tracks from Alligator, Boxer and High Violet with too many highlights to mention although Afraid Of Everyone followed by Conversation 16  and then that drum intro into Squalor was great, Graceless from the new album sounded fantastic live and the acoustic Vanderlyle to close, with the band all right at front of the stage, was a perfect ending.

For a fan of the band who hasn't seen them live yet you simply have to go when you next have the chance but for anyone with even a passing interest then I'd highly recommend.

Also have to thank Racer and Brooklyn Red from here as it was through a discussion somewhere on here that I first listened to Runaway and instantly knew this band were something special and wondered how I'd missed them up to that point so cheers lads!

Not my photos but give a flavour of the night.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2013 10:50:23 pm by srslfc »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #73: Nov 12, 2013 05:24:42 am

I was at that one. But TBH don't remember much, vaguely remember Manic Street Preachers & Primal Scream after that it's just blank.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2013 03:42:00 pm
      This isn't from the Dublin night I was at but the only clip I could find and was the next venue on the tour.

Simply stunning song to hear live and the band are unreal as a live act and even better than I thought they would be.

SIGUR ROS, Usher Hall, Edinburgh, November 2013, 'BRENNISTEINN'
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2013 09:20:45 pm
      Best live band I've seen were The Dubliners a few years back in a moody boozer in Limerick. Quality they were, seen them in the Cavern Club aswell going back a few years. Was too pissed to remember that one though.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #76: Jul 19, 2014 05:58:57 am
      Best Live band to date for me still has to be Big Country at the NEC supported by The Cult in 1984. Obviously been to a few more concerts since then, but nothing came close IMO.

RIP Stuart Adamson
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #77: Jul 19, 2014 07:49:46 am
      Pearl Jam, 2000 - Virgina Beach. First show after Roskilde tragedy. My wife and I were in about the 10th row I think....weren't even sure if they were going to continue touring after Roskilde. First song Long Road everyone had tears in their eyes because it was so freaking beautiful and so happy to see them back out on the road again.

Then after they perform Daughter they tag it with Dead Moon's "It's Ok".....seemed to be a renewing kind of moment and something I'll never forget to this day. If I remember right I saw them 3 or 4 times that year and every show was amazing. Has to be one of the best live bands ever and for me, probably the greatest American rock band ever as well.

Pearl Jam Virginia Beach '00
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #78: Jul 20, 2014 12:20:57 am
      Without a doubt:

Radiohead - amnesiac tour - Los Angeles Greek theatre - 2004 or 2005.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Sep 14, 2014 01:52:34 am
      Replaying a lot of U2 recently. Adore this performance of Until The End Of The World and then New Year's Day from arguably their greatest achievement the Zoo TV Tour in support of Achtung Baby and Zooropa in 92-93. They have the crowd firmly in the palm of their hand.

U2 - Until The End Of The World & New Year's Day (ZOO TV Live From Sydney)(HIGH QUALITY)

Also love this performance of 11 O Clock Tick Tock live from Red Rocks a decade earlier touring their great War album. One of Edge's greatest performances.

U2 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (From Red Rocks)

Quick Reply