Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Warrior

Read 31138 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Warrior
      Reply #230: Sep 07, 2013 06:24:45 am

87/88

The first Liverpool away shirt of the 1990’s was brought out in 1991.

2007/08

1996 - 1997

1979-1981

1995/96

1995, 3rd kit.

Recent times..

Soz if that clogged up your web browser loading time there.
      I just had to have a refresh the memory segment, because every single person has spit on our two away kits this year, and because people have fond memories of more successful days, they have very romantic and sentimental attachment to the kits of years gone by. A lot of them were verrry dodgy looking.
      In their day they may have just about passed for cool looking, but things look dated fast.
      Personally I love the home kit, it's never looked better.
       I also love the two away kits and the goalie ones. I don't want some plain bland piece of not-taking-a chance-to-be different crap. Like what do some of you whinging on here want? a plain white kit ? WTF how boring is that.
      Thankfully I want to celebrate good times and have great memories of my team playing in these away kits til it's tattooed into my mind, and I'll always associate these fun vibrant kits with the new developing exciting bunch of players I follow.
      Plus the kits look BOSS and the extra colour details will make it easier for team mates to see them, not some bland plain grey or white crap.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #231: Sep 07, 2013 08:37:25 am
      I like the away kit, 3rd kit might take some getting used to.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #232: Sep 07, 2013 02:09:04 pm
      The purple one's are sh*t like!

Seems to be (from what I've seen around the city and going the game) the white away is popular among scousers, the purple effort is worn by kids and wools!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #233: Sep 07, 2013 03:05:04 pm
      Yeah,  "we come not to play"

What tha f**k is that all about ?
      can anyone explain it cos I f***in can't ?

as for their hideous away kits they are just that f***in hideous, especially that thing we have now , it's just f***in sh*t to look at never mind wear,

It should be;

" we come not to wear your sh*t"

Next thing will be;
          ' never alone will you walk '

YNWA

I think the slogan 'We Come Not To Play' means that we come to fight and destroy, especially with the kit manufacturer being called Warrior. If you're not playing with them you're torturing or destroying them.

When you think about it, it's little boys who play, play isn't exactly a word that can strike fear into opponents, fight or destroy are strong words and signal a serious intention.

I'd have loved the slogan to be, 'We Come To F**k You Up', but that wouldn't go down too well in the marketing sense.

I have to say though, how anyone can produce a belting home kit and then produce utter dogshite for that 3rd kit must have serious mental issues!.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #234: Sep 07, 2013 03:47:44 pm
      I think the slogan 'We Come Not To Play' means that we come to fight and destroy, especially with the kit manufacturer being called Warrior. If you're not playing with them you're torturing or destroying them.

When you think about it, it's little boys who play, play isn't exactly a word that can strike fear into opponents, fight or destroy are strong words and signal a serious intention.

I'd have loved the slogan to be, 'We Come To F**k You Up', but that wouldn't go down too well in the marketing sense.

I have to say though, how anyone can produce a belting home kit and then produce utter dogshite for that 3rd kit must have serious mental issues!.

Many thanks for the heads up Hardcore, it goes along way to explain that slogan, like you I'd prefer something more akin to our clubs history rather than some made up words associated with our shirt manufacturer,
      Taking in to consideration our shirt is our identity it's still a sh*t slogan, may be we could all think up one more apt and open a thread solely for that purpose,
      I'm already thinking about it.

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #235: Sep 08, 2013 10:25:32 am
      Typical American style loud and no substance
      oscarlee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #236: Sep 08, 2013 10:40:10 am
      pre-empt and send in your ideas for the next kit!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #237: Sep 08, 2013 01:05:57 pm

Iconic jersey's from iconic America franchises:

Yes there are some bad ones, but typically, the more simple the jersey, the more iconic.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #238: Sep 08, 2013 01:21:16 pm

To be fair, so American styling is second to none.

But Warrior is not to that standard.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #239: Sep 13, 2013 11:00:12 am
      Anyone know the cheapest place for the new home kit?

EDIT: Just gonna go with the official site. What's the story with sizes, the site recommends you go one up? Go with normal size?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #240: Sep 13, 2013 11:19:28 am
      Anyone know the cheapest place for the new home kit?

EDIT: Just gonna go with the official site. What's the story with sizes, the site recommends you go one up? Go with normal size?

Sports direct.
      Size up slightly.

Fowler now brand ambassador.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #241: Aug 04, 2014 05:36:23 pm
      Seeing as we've fully demonstrated our fan appeal 'locally' to Warrior and also that they were one of three in the Mancs' bid process, It'll be interesting to see what kind of deal Billy Hogan can come up with when it's time to re-negotiate!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #242: Aug 20, 2014 07:34:03 pm
      THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏@TheAnfieldWrap 
      This years Warrior kits to be the last as @newbalance pulls plug on @WARRIOR_FTBL, all current kits to be rebranded under @newbalance label

To clarify, all new kits starting 15/16 for the remainder of the @WARRIOR_FTBL contract to carry the @newbalance label.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #243: Aug 20, 2014 07:40:03 pm
      This years Warrior kits to be the last as @newbalance pulls plug on @WARRIOR_FTBL, all current kits to be rebranded under @newbalance label

Now worries I thought, but then... I saw these.

We're fu**ed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #244: Aug 20, 2014 07:50:53 pm

All their gear isn't that bad....  :angel:

;D
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #245: Aug 20, 2014 07:54:49 pm
      All their gear isn't that bad....  :angel:

;D

*Ahem* We have a squad full of guys, my friend.

I do NOT want to see anyone's jibblets! :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #246: Aug 20, 2014 07:57:25 pm
      Jan Mølby will have to wear these in the classic matches.

I keep searching if I were you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #247: Aug 20, 2014 08:02:39 pm
      We don't want New Balance, they are a running apparel and show company. We need to pimp ourselves out to a proper sportswear company like Nike and see how big of a deal they will give us.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #248: Aug 20, 2014 08:04:38 pm
      We don't want New Balance, they are a running apparel and show company. We need to pimp ourselves out to a proper sportswear company like Nike and see how big of a deal they will give us.

Can't stand Nike, but if they give us £750m over 10 years, I'll bite my lip and shut up.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #249: Aug 20, 2014 08:06:59 pm

I would have to agree. Would much prefer Nike and their simple, yet beautiful shirt designs.

LFCexiled
      Reply #250: Aug 20, 2014 08:22:23 pm
      I would have to agree. Would much prefer Nike and their simple, yet beautiful shirt designs.

Now you come to mention it.....

VERSUS

:confused-smiley-013:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #251: Aug 20, 2014 08:23:05 pm
      I do NOT want to see anyone's jibblets! :D

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. ;D

CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68