Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Warrior

Read 31140 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Warrior
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2013 02:45:27 pm
      F**k off.

probably bullshit PR stunt to try and get nike to pay more.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2013 02:48:29 pm
      Warrior are either really really really stupid, or really really really arrogant.

I'd say both. I'll stick to my Rome 84 shirt.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #48: Apr 22, 2013 02:49:37 pm
      I don't see the issue, really. I mean, they're just a kit manufacturer trying to become as big as Nike, adidas, and others. Be madness to think they wouldn't try to grab one of the top two shirt-selling clubs in the world.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #49: Apr 22, 2013 02:54:36 pm
      It might have something to do with rivalry and hatred; most Reds (over here) hate United with a passion. Maybe you need to experience it to understand.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #50: Apr 22, 2013 02:59:08 pm
      It might have something to do with rivalry and hatred; most Reds (over here) hate United with a passion. Maybe you need to experience it to understand.

It's a kit manufacturer.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Apr 22, 2013 03:00:18 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #52: Apr 22, 2013 03:08:12 pm
      I don't see the issue, really. I mean, they're just a kit manufacturer trying to become as big as Nike, adidas, and others. Be madness to think they wouldn't try to grab one of the top two shirt-selling clubs in the world.

I'm really not arsed, but agree a bit with Del Boca Vista, it probably is to get Nike to pay more, but as well as that the mancs have probably saw how much money we're making now that we're getting a bigger cut from selling other merchandise, whereas Adidas used to get a cut from t-shirts, polo shirts range etc, same as Utd probably do with Nike.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Apr 22, 2013 03:10:33 pm
      And like I say...
      Maybe you need to experience it to understand.
      In the meantime you could just take it as being the reason behind the animosity.  ;)

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #54: Apr 22, 2013 03:14:54 pm

What? I'm genuinely confused here. It's a kit manufacturer. They're in the business of manufacturing kits for clubs with the goal of their products being purchased and getting exposure. That's why adidas, Nike, Puma have a ton of clients.

If the issue is Warrior would offer United more money, then we can't really be surprised or outraged, can we? United are in a much better place than we are, and are in a position to negotiate better deals for themselves. Until we're back at the top, we're not always going to get the biggest sponsorship deal. Yeah that sucks, but that's a simple fact.

Can we negotiate and even better deal than the one we've got from Warrior? Yes, I think so, but it's a harder sell to a manufacturer than being the league champions, unfortunately.

I'm really not arsed, but agree a bit with Del Boca Vista, it probably is to get Nike to pay more, but as well as that the mancs have probably saw how much money we're making now that we're getting a bigger cut from selling other merchandise, whereas Adidas used to get a cut from t-shirts, polo shirts range etc, same as Utd probably do with Nike.

And they'll probably get that kind of a deal from Nike is my guess. But other manufacturers would be crazy to not try and land United despite how much we hate them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #55: Apr 22, 2013 03:17:22 pm
      What? I'm genuinely confused here. It's a kit manufacturer. They're in the business of manufacturing kits for clubs with the goal of their products being purchased and getting exposure. That's why adidas, Nike, Puma have a ton of clients.

If the issue is Warrior would offer United more money, then we can't really be surprised or outraged, can we? United are in a much better place than we are, and are in a position to negotiate better deals for themselves. Until we're back at the top, we're not always going to get the biggest sponsorship deal. Yeah that sucks, but that's a simple fact.

Can we negotiate and even better deal than the one we've got from Warrior? Yes, I think so, but it's a harder sell to a manufacturer than being the league champions, unfortunately.

Just thought on, I dread to see the amount of money they'd make if they got the same deal as us, those extra clauses about being in the Champions League etc!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Apr 22, 2013 03:17:35 pm
      LFC gave Warrior a unkown brand in world football a platform to show their product and sponsor our club,what us fans did not beleive is that they would use us as a platform to jump into bed with our biggest rival.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #57: Apr 22, 2013 03:18:59 pm
      LFC gave Warrior a unkown brand in world football a platform to show their product and sponsor our club,what us fans did not beleive is that they would use us as a platform to jump into bed with our biggest rival.

Why not? Isn't Fellaini the face of their boot range, from another one of our biggest rivals!

Business is business and all that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #58: Apr 22, 2013 03:22:32 pm
      Why not? Isn't Fellaini the face of their boot range, from another one of our biggest rivals!

Business is business and all that.

Individual players for clubs is fine but the whole club?, i thought the brand would be unique to us as a club kit sponsor because we are a unique club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #59: Apr 22, 2013 03:24:39 pm

I have a big problem with anyone, sponsors, players, managers etc who use Liverpool Football Club as a stepping stone to what they perceive as bigger or better things.

There's is no point whatsoever in our esteemed Commercial team bringing in new sponsors to help raise our income if the same sponsors then go and give our competitors a better fu**ing deal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Apr 22, 2013 03:25:35 pm
      Okay Mozzie you've swayed me; after all you've said "it's a kit manufacturer three times" now.  ;D

Because you don't see (or have) an issue doesn't mean that there isn't one for some. You were offered some insight as to why it may be an issue; some understanding if you like. Take it or leave it.

A wee tip though - you have F**k all chance in changing perceptions - even with such a compelling argument.   
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #61: Apr 22, 2013 03:25:52 pm
      Just thought on, I dread to see the amount of money they'd make if they got the same deal as us, those extra clauses about being in the Champions League etc!

I don't see how Warrior can sustain as a company though. I can't imagine them selling THAT much regardless of the clubs they supply to ever match their deals. Seems like they'd bankrupt themselves eventually?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #62: Apr 22, 2013 03:32:17 pm
      I have a big problem with anyone, sponsors, players, managers etc who use Liverpool Football Club as a stepping stone to what they perceive as bigger or better things.

There's is no point whatsoever in our esteemed Commercial team bringing in new sponsors to help raise our income if the same sponsors then go and give our competitors a better fu**ing deal.

I guess I can see that. But I mean, are you honestly that surprised? "Corporation in sleaziness shocker" and all.

A wee tip though - you have f**k all chance in changing perceptions - even with such a compelling argument. 

Which says something, doesn't it? ;D
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #63: Apr 22, 2013 03:37:39 pm
      Are we really upset that a clothing company is seeking out a new club to makes clothes for? They haven't used LFC in any way shape or form. They were an aspiring company and got their chance making our kits. Now they have chances to expand their brand and you expect that they won't? Ridiculous this argument
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #64: Apr 22, 2013 03:53:48 pm
      My comments on Warrior were general, not specific to the Utd story. Seems a lot of people at our club cosy up to them these days.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #65: Apr 22, 2013 04:08:53 pm
      It is just part of the FSG / ManU / Arsenal lets all be friend, they advise us to sack Kenny and hire BR, we improve there income by getting Warrior to start a bidding war.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: Apr 22, 2013 04:22:45 pm

Agreed Debs but that is the business world we live.

I still bought a Sony TV though cos Samsung sponsors the Chavs. ;D
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #67: Apr 22, 2013 04:31:59 pm
      It is just part of the FSG / ManU / Arsenal lets all be friend, they advise us to sack Kenny and hire BR, we improve there income by getting Warrior to start a bidding war.

This has nothing to do with "being friends". Warrior is a business. The goal of any business is to make money. In order to make money they need more teams wearing their kits. Who sells the most kits? The team that sells the most kits makes the most money for the brand. Why is this even a debate? Warrior is not Liverpool and to act like they are part of the club is really obtuse.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #68: Apr 22, 2013 06:50:36 pm
      This has nothing to do with "being friends". Warrior is a business. The goal of any business is to make money. In order to make money they need more teams wearing their kits. Who sells the most kits? The team that sells the most kits makes the most money for the brand. Why is this even a debate? Warrior is not Liverpool and to act like they are part of the club is really obtuse.
      I was being sarcastic. Common sense tell me that you cant sell manufacturing kit for both Liverpool and ManU and keep both sets of supporters happy.
       It would be nieve of warrior to think that they can, one or the other, not both

Quick Reply