Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Warrior

Read 31141 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Warrior
      Reply #69: Apr 22, 2013 06:55:03 pm
      United are currently sponsored & manufactured by Nike - is anyone boycotting Nike products at the moment because of that? No? Didn't think so.

Then obviously the rivalry doesn't stretch as far as clothes/kit suppliers & manufacturers.

I don't care, I live in England, I've supported Liverpool all my life. I don't give a sh*t, to be perfectly honest. Warrior can manufacture for who they like, we're simply a customer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Apr 22, 2013 08:04:24 pm
      United are currently sponsored & manufactured by Nike - is anyone boycotting Nike products at the moment because of that? No?

Damn right I am.
      Wardrobe full of Adidas.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #71: Apr 22, 2013 08:17:09 pm
      Damn right I am.
      Wardrobe full of Adidas.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #72: Apr 22, 2013 08:18:22 pm
      United are currently sponsored & manufactured by Nike - is anyone boycotting Nike products at the moment because of that? No? Didn't think so.

Then obviously the rivalry doesn't stretch as far as clothes/kit suppliers & manufacturers.

I don't care, I live in England, I've supported Liverpool all my life. I don't give a sh*t, to be perfectly honest. Warrior can manufacture for who they like, we're simply a customer.
      You don't care. I do, I do not want any connection with ManU.

If they start selling ManU gear I will stop buying anything that warrior make 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #73: Apr 22, 2013 08:27:09 pm
      The sooner Warrior's deal runs out the better, the shirts must be designed by people that hate Liverpool!
      I miss Adidas :(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #74: Apr 22, 2013 08:34:53 pm
      Huh?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #75: Apr 22, 2013 08:38:10 pm
      I only care how much they pay us.  As for anything else sponsor wise, I don't care.  Forward through adverts as it is and I'll get the product that best suits me, regardless of whom they sponsor/do kits for. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #76: Apr 22, 2013 08:38:40 pm
      You don't care. I do, I do not want any connection with ManU.

If they start selling ManU gear I will stop buying anything that warrior make 

So do you also dislike Chevrolet and Thomas Cook, then? They're a connection with United right now, as well as us.

I think people are just looking for ammunition against companies that isn't there. This way of thinking actually makes us out to look rather unintelligent and very biased.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #77: Apr 22, 2013 08:57:10 pm
      So do you also dislike Chevrolet and Thomas Cook, then? They're a connection with United right now, as well as us.

I think people are just looking for ammunition against companies that isn't there. This way of thinking actually makes us out to look rather unintelligent and very biased.
      I dislike everything about ManU.

I do get where you are coming from, would I buy an inferior product because the better product is sponsor ManU ? I doubt it, I would probably buy the better product.

I know I'm being hypocritical but I do not want my club, our club to be sponsored by the same company as ManU. I do not want any connection to them. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #78: Apr 22, 2013 09:55:13 pm
      Wonder what the tone would be if Nike announced a 10 year 300 million kit deal with Liverpool FC, the largest in the history of the PL.

1. Take the money and put it into the team

2. Tell them to fecker off we have Umbro on the table at 8m/year and they hate United.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #79: Apr 22, 2013 09:58:45 pm
      Wonder what the tone would be if Nike announced a 10 year 300 million kit deal with Liverpool FC, the largest in the history of the PL.

1. Take the money and put it into the team

2. Tell them to fecker off we have Umbro on the table at 8m/year and they hate United.

You do know Umbro are a subsidiary of Nike in the same way Warrior are a subsidiary of New Balance?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #80: Apr 22, 2013 09:59:38 pm
      You do know Umbro are a subsidiary of Nike in the same way Warrior are a subsidiary of New Balance?

Actually I did not HR, but you do get what I was trying to say right?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Apr 22, 2013 10:32:17 pm

Nah F**k that.
      Sales all the way, except for all that Adidas gear.
      My days of OTT replica purchases are over.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #82: Apr 22, 2013 10:37:50 pm
      Actually I did not HR, but you do get what I was trying to say right?

Yeah that's why the new England strip will be made by Nike and wouldn't surprise me soon if Man City move to Nike, it's also the reason why we moved by to Adidas, because Reebok we're a subsidary company of them!

I know what you're saying like getting rid of Carlsberg after the poxy offer they made for the money Standard Chartered were offering!! 

As racer said prefer mostly adidas sportswear these days to others, but that's a personal choice rather than a who's frigging kit they designing choice!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #83: Apr 22, 2013 10:46:02 pm
      Yeah that's why the new England strip will be made by Nike and wouldn't surprise me soon if Man City move to Nike, it's also the reason why we moved by to Adidas, because Reebok we're a subsidary company of them!

I know what you're saying like getting rid of Carlsberg after the poxy offer they made for the money Standard Chartered were offering!! 

As racer said prefer mostly adidas sportswear these days to others, but that's a personal choice rather than a who's frigging kit they designing choice!

Adidas/Liverpool was a great coincidence.
      Thought about buying other gear this season but
      I like Adidas so Ill wait and see if Warrior sort their quality.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Apr 23, 2013 10:58:26 am
      Yip... sarcasm doesn't translate well in the written form.  ;D

United are currently sponsored & manufactured by Nike - is anyone boycotting Nike products at the moment because of that?
      I wouldn't have Nike on my back (or feet) but that's more down to me believing that over-weight, middle-aged, men look daft in sports wear and Nike's trainers are sh*te. 

The truth is; I have "boycotted" their sponsors in the past but more so the shirt sponsors (Sharp & Vodaphone for e.g.). In fact I had a Vodaphone pay-as-you-go back in the day and got rid of it as soon as they started sponsoring the scum. I would never buy a product that they advertised.

After all... there's plenty of other options for me to spend my hard earned on. If sponsors see Utd as being worth investing in (due to increased sales) they will. I will not be a part of that.

Each to their own tho'.  8)
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 23, 2013 02:26:12 pm
      just wear what you want, personally I will wear what ever is good nike adiddas etc. Looks like you have some kind on inferior complex if you are very anti nike
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #86: Apr 23, 2013 03:35:42 pm
      Thing is though, if Warrior do sponspor the scum it only helps us in the long run as when we come to re-negetiate we can demand what they got and more as we will be back to were we belong, top of English Football.
      Bier
      Reply #87: Apr 23, 2013 03:42:26 pm
      Thing is though, if Warrior do sponspor the scum it only helps us in the long run as when we come to re-negetiate we can demand what they got and more as we will be back to were we belong, top of English Football.

And why is that? They get more money because they're selling more shirts. Van Persie alone is selling 25% of all Premier League replica shirts.

I can't stand this sh*t really. Obviously they don't value their relationship with us that much. It's not normal for big rivals to have the same shirt sponsors.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #88: Apr 23, 2013 04:33:36 pm
      And why is that? They get more money because they're selling more shirts. Van Persie alone is selling 25% of all Premier League replica shirts.

He's not talking about the Nike deal, he's talking about the deal they could get with Warrior, think about the clauses involving the champions league.

You mean kit sponsors? You'll find some of the worst rivalries have had the same kit and shirt sponsor, look at Rangers/Celtic they twice had the same kit and shirt sponsor and they absolutely loathe each other, going way beyond simply footballing rivalry but entering into sectarian rivalry too!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #89: Apr 23, 2013 04:35:52 pm

I can't stand this sh*t really. Obviously they don't value their relationship with us that much. It's not normal for big rivals to have the same shirt sponsors.

the thing is the Scum is loved by the media so they will always be peddalled by them.

We are beginning to pick up speed with sales and once we start climbing the league, the more people will buy shirts.

In the end its all about timing, the scums up surge happened when the PL came into action, unfortunatley for us we missed out and did not take advantage the way they did, and we have paid for that in the long run.

We will be back though, whether it be with BR and FSG or someone else, but we will be back.
      Bier
      Reply #90: Apr 23, 2013 05:10:13 pm
      He's not talking about the Nike deal, he's talking about the deal they could get with Warrior, think about the clauses involving the champions league.

You mean kit sponsors? You'll find some of the worst rivalries have had the same kit and shirt sponsor, look at Rangers/Celtic they twice had the same kit and shirt sponsor and they absolutely loathe each other, going way beyond simply footballing rivalry but entering into sectarian rivalry too!

Yeah, I know he was talking about the Warrior deal. But I was just saying we're not going to get the same deal as the scum when they're selling 2 or 3 times as many shirts. I'm also still on the fence about how Warrior has affected our shirt sales too, it's hard to believe they're up. If only based on the fact that I used to see adidas Liverpool shirts in stores alot in my country, and Liverpool shirts now are more of a rarity here.

I didn't know that about Rangers and Celtic. It's something you don't see in my country.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #91: Apr 23, 2013 05:31:13 pm
      Yeah, I know he was talking about the Warrior deal. But I was just saying we're not going to get the same deal as the scum when they're selling 2 or 3 times as many shirts. I'm also still on the fence about how Warrior has affected our shirt sales too, it's hard to believe they're up. If only based on the fact that I used to see adidas Liverpool shirts in stores alot in my country, and Liverpool shirts now are more of a rarity here.

I didn't know that about Rangers and Celtic. It's something you don't see in my country.

Agree about the Liverpool shirts being rarely seen in other countries shops, heard that a few times, I think it's all to do with the club trying to sell them through the website.

Quick Reply