Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 115337 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #115: Apr 18, 2013 10:30:13 am
      Little things in football that annoy me.......Messi and the incessant stream of Messi love that oozes from entire world's populous.  :)
      Not a fan or are you a lover of the Lisbon Ladyboy ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #116: Apr 18, 2013 06:26:20 pm
      Not a fan or are you a lover of the Lisbon Ladyboy ?

Fan of his talent, not a fan of the unabashed love fest that he gets from everyone.

And no I'm not in love with Ronaldo, although I have zero of the hatred for him that most have. Think he's a good player and probably more well rounded than Messi.

I dislike the immense love of Messi and the immense hatred of Ronaldo.

I'll just leave it at that, don't want to turn this thread into a Messi v Ronaldo argument. :)
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #117: Apr 18, 2013 07:52:52 pm
      More well rounded than Messi?

You won't get an argument after saying that, just laughter.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #118: Apr 18, 2013 07:59:25 pm
      More well rounded than Messi?

You won't get an argument after saying that, just laughter.
      Ronaldo is faster, better header of the ball, better defensively (maybe not saying much but still). Better size and strength, that's all I'm saying.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #119: Apr 19, 2013 12:11:12 pm
      Fans whose opinion change on the manager/players every game depending on the result
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #120: Apr 19, 2013 12:23:54 pm
      Fans whose opinion change on the manager/players every game depending on the result

Zing!!!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #121: Apr 19, 2013 12:42:35 pm
      Ronaldo is faster, better header of the ball, better defensively (maybe not saying much but still). Better size and strength, that's all I'm saying.

All physical traits though that can't really be developed when you're 5 ft 7 like Messi is. Surely that makes it all the more impressive that Messi's statistics are so far ahead of Ronaldo's?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #122: Apr 19, 2013 12:52:38 pm
      Danny Welbeck making the PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #123: Apr 19, 2013 01:56:43 pm
      All physical traits though that can't really be developed when you're 5 ft 7 like Messi is. Surely that makes it all the more impressive that Messi's statistics are so far ahead of Ronaldo's?

Like I said, I'm not going to get into a debate. I'm not saying Ronaldo is better or that I would take him over Messi, I'm just saying the hatred for him is irrational. I thought that's what this thread was about.....things that annoy you in football?

And it's not like it's an outrageous idea....believe Dietmar Hamann recently said he'd pick Ronaldo over Messi for player of the year. Could be wrong but pretty sure it was something to that effect.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #124: Apr 19, 2013 02:11:20 pm
      White socks over the colored team socks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #125: Apr 19, 2013 06:31:03 pm
      I'm just saying the hatred for him is irrational.

It's not, he's a former manc!!

That's what it is in a nutshell.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #126: Apr 19, 2013 07:00:39 pm
      It's not, he's a former manc!!

That's what it is in a nutshell.

That's fine, but only works if you are a Liverpool supporter. There are plenty of others that hate him and it has nothing to do with that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #127: Apr 19, 2013 07:25:21 pm
      That's fine, but only works if you are a Liverpool supporter. There are plenty of others that hate him and it has nothing to do with that.

World cup incident when he winked after Rooney got sent off.  The only England fans not to hate him after that are the mancs.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #128: Apr 19, 2013 07:29:25 pm
      World cup incident when he winked after Rooney got sent off.  The only England fans not to hate him after that are the mancs.

Actually, add that to the list of things in football that annoy me :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #129: Apr 19, 2013 07:42:05 pm

Wow...they take themselves too seriously then. One Manc winking at another and all of England gets upset....:lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #130: Apr 19, 2013 07:49:33 pm
      Wow...they take themselves too seriously then. One Manc winking at another and all of England gets upset....:lmao:

I've heard it's something to do with a bulldog  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #131: Apr 19, 2013 11:46:00 pm

You don't know England fans, they take the World cup very seriously, seeing as they haven't won it since 1966.

Actually, add that to the list of things in football that annoy me :laugh:

Yep, braindead, moronic, xenophobic, racist pricks. Examples being that gobs***e 10 RAF bombers song in Germany in 2006 and the one reason I totally hate them, the racist abusing of John Barnes. Just because he looked better and played better in a red shirt. Plus I'll throw in that F***ing band murdering ring of fire!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #132: Apr 21, 2013 01:40:07 am
      Corner takers who can't just put the ball within the corner flag zone and think that it's really gonna help them to steal the extra 3 inches outside of the white line. Really?!?!?!?!
      If that extra few inches is that important then you really are a terrible corner taker.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #133: Apr 21, 2013 10:48:30 am
      Corner takers who can't just put the ball within the corner flag zone and think that it's really gonna help them to steal the extra 3 inches outside of the white line. Really?!?!?!?!
      If that extra few inches is that important then you really are a terrible corner taker.

Agreed, said the exact same to my missus, it seems to be a growing trend and I'm afraid our lads do it as well, especially Stevie G.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #134: Apr 22, 2013 03:24:48 am
      Players chewing gum whilst playing.

Coutinho does my head in with this!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #135: Apr 22, 2013 01:51:49 pm
      Kenyan referee says assault left him impotent
      MOMBASA, Kenya (AP) - A Kenyan referee is suing the national football federation, saying he was left impotent after a coach grabbed and squeezed his testicles in a pitch invasion.

Referee Martin Wekesa said he was seeking $240,000 in compensation from FKF after the alleged assault in a game in September last year, when he was kicked and hit by members of the Sparki Youth team before being "attacked in my private parts" by one of the coaching staff.

Wekesa said Daudi Kajembe came onto the field and assaulted him after a decision to send a Sparki player off.

"He pulled my testicles. He actually pressed them and I was hanging on him when he was pulling me. I was crying and could not get myself out from his hands," Wekesa said. "I remember Kajembe told me, raising his hand, 'I can kill you in a minute,' and came directly to my testicles."

Wekesa was rescued by a police officer, he said, but slumped to his knees in pain on the pitch before being taken to the hospital. He is now unable to have sex with his wife, he claims, saying it is "impossible."

"It is so painful, painful, painful in my areas," he said.

Kajembe is due to appear in court in Kenya's coastal city of Mombasa on Thursday on a charge of assault and causing grievous bodily harm, while Wekesa is claiming the 20 million Kenyan shillings in compensation from the federation for his expensive medical bills and the problems the assault has caused him and his wife, Mary.

"We used to live as wife and husband. Nowadays we don't, so that's how the life has changed," Mary Wekesa said.

The referee said he had sent a letter to the Kenyan federation to demand the compensation, but had not yet heard back.

Kajembe pleaded not guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_307134/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mdhrE4TW

This.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #136: Apr 22, 2013 07:18:31 pm
      The concept that at the end of the season performances drop off and teams dont try as much as "they have nothing to play for"

Well how about the fans who pay £50 quid to get in and watch you not put as much in cause "you have nothing to play for"

Every game that any player pulls on any teams shirt they should have something to play for..

Fans
      Pride
      Professional pride
      Winning
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #137: Apr 22, 2013 07:58:33 pm
      The concept that at the end of the season performances drop off and teams dont try as much as "they have nothing to play for"

Well how about the fans who pay £50 quid to get in and watch you not put as much in cause "you have nothing to play for"

Every game that any player pulls on any teams shirt they should have something to play for..

Fans
      Pride
      Professional pride
      Winning
      And their enormous paychecks!

Quick Reply