Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 114720 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #230: Jun 25, 2014 06:10:49 pm
      Sad thing is mate I bet they are

I can't blame them, whatever was being said would be made into something it wasn't by the press

How much they kick off with say half time shirt swapping.. Who cares, they will more than likely change their shirt anyway but somehow it's a big deal to give it someone

People like those in the press would certainly make something of it

I didn't really think of it like that Jon and maybe your right and the annoying thing is that the players feel they have to do this.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #231: Aug 01, 2014 10:23:18 am
      Didn't know where to put this, Mexicans and Irons getting angry. I'd imagine the right hook and full on volley into the side of the the lad on the floor may result in bans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSxB91QKyI
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #232: Aug 01, 2014 11:54:45 am
      Yeah mate was norn iron news that last nite bit mad eh ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #233: Aug 01, 2014 01:40:29 pm
      Yeah mate was norn iron news that last nite bit mad eh ;D

Just a bit, especially the two 'incidents' I mentioned.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #234: Aug 01, 2014 01:41:12 pm
      When players take a free kick and chuck the ball that little bit further forward.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #235: Aug 01, 2014 02:12:11 pm
      I hate the fact that I know the in's and out's of the club financials.

That I am educated about players clauses.

How much money we get annually from a doughnut.

I hate that Footballers nowadays do a lot of good for various charities, which goes unnoticed

That papers pick up on a talented millionaire wearing a £250 t shirt on a night out.

I hate the 24/7, round the clock, mind numbing updates peddled out by Sky.

I hate Sky, BT and ESPN.

I hate myself for actually loving the coverage of the above.

I'm annoyed that 22 men kicking a ball is the most simplistic thing, but it's been turned into a brand.

I hate myself for buying into the brand.

I hate that there is no such thing as player loyalty, and that we know this deep down - but fail to accept it.

I hate that when a player you love decides to move club, we turn into primal - verbally abusive - cu*ts and fail to see why he might want to move.  To further his career or more importantly a better life for his family.  Nope.  To us, he's a tw*t.

I hate modern day fan rivalry.  I am programmed to automatically dislike a person in a small way because of the club they support.  Which in the work place or boozer before a game is 'banterish' - but on a pitch is disgusting.

I hate that I feel deep down certain boards have an agenda against us.  A statement I know is ridiculous.

To be honest, I'm growing to hate everything about football except for those 90+ minutes where you feel a part of something. 

This F***ing sports game that has your heart in your mouth, is capable of making or breaking your entire year has it's grips on us and the powers that be sell it to us without any trying.

I got married in April, and I haven't had a high come anywhere close to the final whistle when we beat City at home.  And that makes me a bit concerned....

Just let's win the F***ing league so I can die a happy man and invest some time into something that won't end up giving me a heart attack.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #236: Aug 02, 2014 08:29:31 pm
      Great post and agree with you on many many points.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #237: Aug 03, 2014 06:55:10 pm
      I hate the fact that I know the in's and out's of the club financials.

That I am educated about players clauses.

How much money we get annually from a doughnut.

I hate that Footballers nowadays do a lot of good for various charities, which goes unnoticed

That papers pick up on a talented millionaire wearing a £250 t shirt on a night out.

I hate the 24/7, round the clock, mind numbing updates peddled out by Sky.

I hate Sky, BT and ESPN.

I hate myself for actually loving the coverage of the above.

I'm annoyed that 22 men kicking a ball is the most simplistic thing, but it's been turned into a brand.

I hate myself for buying into the brand.

I hate that there is no such thing as player loyalty, and that we know this deep down - but fail to accept it.

I hate that when a player you love decides to move club, we turn into primal - verbally abusive - cu*ts and fail to see why he might want to move.  To further his career or more importantly a better life for his family.  Nope.  To us, he's a tw*t.

I hate modern day fan rivalry.  I am programmed to automatically dislike a person in a small way because of the club they support.  Which in the work place or boozer before a game is 'banterish' - but on a pitch is disgusting.

I hate that I feel deep down certain boards have an agenda against us.  A statement I know is ridiculous.

To be honest, I'm growing to hate everything about football except for those 90+ minutes where you feel a part of something. 

This F***ing sports game that has your heart in your mouth, is capable of making or breaking your entire year has it's grips on us and the powers that be sell it to us without any trying.

I got married in April, and I haven't had a high come anywhere close to the final whistle when we beat City at home.  And that makes me a bit concerned....

Just let's win the F***ing league so I can die a happy man and invest some time into something that won't end up giving me a heart attack.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #238: Aug 04, 2014 12:47:03 am
      Spitting

I hate spitting in any form. When I see that clip between Holland v Germany and Rijkaard spat on Voller. I would have killed him. And he would have deserved it.

Its disgusting, and unnecessary. And every camera seems to pick up every player who does it, even on highlights.

Another one that grates on me is "shielding". When an attacker goes for the ball and the defender, because the ball is near the touchline, is allowed to do everything possible to stop the attacker getting the ball. He can hold his arms out, he shove his ass into his loins, he can literally wrestle the the attacker away from the ball, but if the defender falls over, its a free-kick to him !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #239: Aug 04, 2014 10:54:47 am
      Spitting

I hate spitting in any form. When I see that clip between Holland v Germany and Rijkaard spat on Voller. I would have killed him. And he would have deserved it.

Its disgusting, and unnecessary. And every camera seems to pick up every player who does it, even on highlights.

You'll love Diego Costa then.

RedKennedys
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #240: Aug 06, 2014 07:52:27 pm
      Players wearing their socks up over their knees (you know who you are John Terry) – they should be made to wear suspenders to complete the look

Referees standing idly by watching players wrestle with each other at corners and not giving penalties then getting into a state about whether or not someone has dived in the box

Nike's new 'sock boots'  – they look like coloured versions of those boots with a zip on top that your nan used to wear

Players in short-sleeved shirts and long-sleeved undershirts
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #241: Aug 06, 2014 10:23:48 pm
      These.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #242: Aug 17, 2014 01:50:27 pm
      'Quarterback'

There is no such thing in football.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #243: Aug 17, 2014 03:23:29 pm
      Glen Johnson.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #244: Aug 17, 2014 07:55:06 pm
      People pinching yards for throw ins
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #245: Aug 17, 2014 08:05:19 pm
      Undisclosed transfer fees, just tell us how much it was!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #246: Aug 18, 2014 10:05:58 am
      Clyne's throw ins yesterday, at times he was actually on the pitch throwing the ball...
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #247: Aug 18, 2014 12:09:01 pm
      Little things in football that annoy me?

Manchester United - little
      Manchester United - annoy me

Is that a legitimate answer?
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #248: Aug 22, 2014 03:19:39 am
      Why do Puma's shirts have to be so tight? I can't be the only one who doesn't want to see Giroud's nipples...
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #249: Aug 22, 2014 04:47:26 am

They are supposed to be a tribute for prostate cancer research and breast cancer research.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #250: Aug 22, 2014 08:11:39 am
      How some players actually have a foot ball contract.

Like most lads is give anything to play for Liverpool and played Sunday league from a very young age and when scouts turned up at games I played my bollocks off even scored a hattrick when I was about 15 when an Everton scout was there (yeah Everton haha) and alas never got sniffed at yet there are players like sammy amiobi who are completely useless and god knows how they got a contract.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #251: Aug 22, 2014 08:28:47 am
      Paul Scholes - little tw*t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #252: Aug 22, 2014 08:32:48 am
      Spitting

Another one that grates on me is "shielding". When an attacker goes for the ball and the defender, because the ball is near the touchline, is allowed to do everything possible to stop the attacker getting the ball. He can hold his arms out, he shove his ass into his loins, he can literally wrestle the the attacker away from the ball, but if the defender falls over, its a free-kick to him !

In some countries spitting at a person is the gravest insult imaginable.

Quick Reply