Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Kolo Touré Player Thread (Released)

Read 68481 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Kolo Touré Player Thread
      Reply #345: Feb 15, 2014 07:14:10 pm
      Wasn't aimed at you, just your post was a good one to tag to.

Don't have an issue with criticism but some comments go to far for one of our own.

It's not like until Agger had returned to fitness though we have had other options, he has been one of two cbs fit..

I know, I know, but I've not seen too much wrong with the criticism he's been getting, not on this site anyway.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #346: Feb 15, 2014 09:13:29 pm
      PD I assume your post is aimed at me, I plead guilty to criticising Toure but in defence of comments going too far for one of our own I disagree with you. I have just looked at some of the posts on the Poulsen and Koncheski threads and believe me the Toure posts are quite mild to those posts.
               In pre internet days players were criticised at the match for making a fuckup and that was accepted as normal practise. By the way I have not inferred that you criticised Poulsen and Koncheski, but going by their performances in a Liverpool shirt I assume you would of criticised them along with most other posters.

It wasn't actually Billy.

It's not a big deal anyway.

Personally I try not to criticise too much mate, that's why I tend to stay away from match threads, emotions can get carried away.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #347: Feb 16, 2014 07:34:00 am
      It wasn't actually Billy.

It's not a big deal anyway.

Personally I try not to criticise too much mate, that's why I tend to stay away from match threads, emotions can get carried away.

Cheers mate, I hate falling out with good REDS over matters that are dear to our hearts-Liverpool Football Club.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #348: Feb 16, 2014 07:56:41 am
      Cheers mate, I hate falling out with good REDS over matters that are dear to our hearts-Liverpool Football Club.

Mate I hate falling out with reds and especially one as good as yourself lad

As I said i wasn't thinking of you mate anyway
      LFCexiled
      Reply #349: Mar 20, 2014 05:52:53 pm
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #350: Apr 06, 2014 06:30:52 pm
      He scares the sh*t out of me every time he's near the ball yet I can't help but love the guy. :laugh:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #351: Apr 06, 2014 06:53:48 pm
      He scares the sh*t out of me every time he's near the ball yet I can't help but love the guy. :laugh:

This! I love Kolo. He is going to be THE cult icon if we win the league. His facial expressions, when he trucked Phil Dowd, etc.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #352: Apr 07, 2014 07:13:44 am

His first touch of the ball was  a miss skewed clearence that started spinning backwards towards goal, body positioning was akin to the Fulham own goal. Needed a change of underpants after that moment, yet one can;t fault his desire.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #353: Apr 08, 2014 07:24:47 am

Hahaha this! Love the guy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #354: Apr 08, 2014 06:48:41 pm

Found it amusing when he scuffed a clearance or something against West Ham and a few seconds later the camera picked him up and he was saying calm down with arm gestures and everything. Only thing is I'm not sure if he was talking to the team and telling them to keep it calm or if he was having to give himself a pep talk to get through the remaining minutes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Apr 08, 2014 06:51:44 pm
      Found it amusing when he scuffed a clearance or something against West Ham and a few seconds later the camera picked him up and he was saying calm down with arm gestures and everything. Only thing is I'm not sure if he was talking to the team and telling them to keep it calm or if he was having to give himself a pep talk to get through the remaining minutes.

The header that just cleared the bar made me laugh. He looked around half expecting an own goal the way his season has gone and the look of relief really did make a great picture.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #356: Apr 08, 2014 06:56:10 pm
      The header that just cleared the bar made me laugh. He looked around half expecting an own goal the way his season has gone and the look of relief really did make a great picture.

Ha it might have been then.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #357: Apr 12, 2014 01:40:42 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26986632

What a gent!

I really think the squad has been helped massively by the addition of some great characters like Kolo into the side, Daniel Sturridge included. It must make the dressing room a fun place to be. People often overlook the importance of personality within a squad but it's crucial.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #358: Apr 12, 2014 06:22:48 am
      Ah man I love the guy. Looks like someone you wanna give a big hug to.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #359: Apr 12, 2014 10:03:55 am
      May not be an important member on the pitch but off the field he will be a massive influence in this run in.

Seems like a top fella and the fact he's been there and won the league elsewhere will benefit the other lads.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #360: Apr 12, 2014 10:27:13 am
      May not be an important member on the pitch but off the field he will be a massive influence in this run in.

Seems like a top fella and the fact he's been there and won the league elsewhere will benefit the other lads.

I think it's one of the main reasons Brendan signed him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #361: Apr 12, 2014 02:12:42 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26986632

What a gent!

I really think the squad has been helped massively by the addition of some great characters like Kolo into the side, Daniel Sturridge included. It must make the dressing room a fun place to be. People often overlook the importance of personality within a squad but it's crucial.

I love Kolo. He's our new cult hero.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #362: Apr 12, 2014 02:25:40 pm
      I love Kolo. He's our new cult hero.

You can't help but like him RM.

Definitely an asset for the squad.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #363: Apr 12, 2014 02:31:33 pm
      Kolo, kolo kolo, kolo kolo, kolo, Kolo Toure! (With the associated downward finger pointing)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #364: Apr 12, 2014 07:28:30 pm
      Stick him on his brother tomorrow...older brothers will always do a job on there younger brother, its a pride thing  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #365: Apr 12, 2014 07:52:09 pm
      What a man, the way he has conducted himself here has been fantastic. Rarely see him without a smile on his face and as has been said, he brings so much to us off the pitch. Hardly set the world on fire on the pitch for us, but I'll never have a pop at anyone who goes out and gives 110% in a red shirt, and that is Kolo.

Kelvo mentioned he's been there and done it before winning the league, that experience and knowledge along with his laid back friendly demeanor is so valuable to our young squad.

Well in Kolo lad, pleasure having you here!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #366: Apr 13, 2014 12:39:46 am
      Some very good posts on this page, agree completely, love the addition of him to the team.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #367: Apr 19, 2014 03:51:50 pm
      We will rely on his words of wisdom now more than ever i bet he's always talking to the defense giving them advice as he's been there done it with Arsenal and City. Its his last season next year so hope he's there playing for the champions!!

Quick Reply