Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Kolo Touré Player Thread (Released)

Read 68117 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Kolo Touré Player Thread
      Reply #529: Jan 05, 2016 10:31:36 pm
      Rumours of him possibly leaving this month.... don't let it happen!!

My god Kolo it was a joy to watch you today fella, so proud a proper performance by a man fighting for the team, with the spirit that lifts others around him and the attitude and determination that really did have me cheering his name so often in that game.

Outstanding performance fella, well in!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #530: Jan 05, 2016 10:38:49 pm
      He was out on his feet at the end and I doubt he can play more than once a month but boy he was a colossus tonight.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #531: Jan 05, 2016 11:02:39 pm
      He was out on his feet at the end and I doubt he can play more than once a month but boy he was a colossus tonight.

maybe his enthusiasm and sheer will to win is what this team needs?. Stick his boots on tomorrow and he would give it another go
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #532: Jan 05, 2016 11:03:15 pm
      My MOTM for sure, was gonna give it to Allen but that block at the end was outstanding!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #533: Jan 05, 2016 11:06:33 pm
      My MOTM for sure, was gonna give it to Allen but that block at the end was outstanding!

It was a thing of beauty mate wasn't it.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/lolz/kolo-toure-pulled-off-a-ridiculous-challenge-in-liverpool-win-at-stoke-video/

There's a link to it, can watch it over and over, had me howling with laughter at the time in a "you the man!" type way. He'd have taken that cross right in the face and got up grinning. A true warrior tonight and rightly getting the praise he deserves.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #534: Jan 06, 2016 02:07:09 am
      Cap doffed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #535: Jan 06, 2016 08:59:12 am
      As Jürgen said in his press conference, 'perfect performance'.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #536: Jan 06, 2016 05:13:47 pm
      Looking back at this thread and some didn't want to keep him here? Never let's us down!

I've never had a problem with him myself. Always thought he was a good signing and when he's been needed to do a job, a job he has done well! His performance against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last season remains one of the finest defensive displays I've seen by one of our players in the last decade or so. Marked Ronaldo out of the game. Superb!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #537: Jan 06, 2016 05:59:06 pm
      Looking back at this thread and some didn't want to keep him here? Never let's us down!

Wouldn't go that far he made quite a few glaring errors that season west brom spring to mind .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #538: Jan 06, 2016 07:26:32 pm
      All players make errors and always will, but you can depend on Kolo to bounce back and give everything. he must be a joy to have in the dressing room as well as on the pitch. Can't praise him high enough myself and I am not going to nit pick over a couple of errors.

Thats fair enough , we cant all like the same players , I just felt all along there was a reason he was let go on a free , not goin to argue over a journeyman defender way past his best .
      He is back up for a reason .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #539: Jan 08, 2016 05:21:06 am
      Wish I could find his post match comments when talking to the Commentator...put that sh*t up on a wall and make sure every Red reads it before they step out onto the pitch.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #540: Jan 24, 2016 12:16:59 pm
      Got to be worthy of a special mention this fella. I guarantee that every morning he wakes up these days his body hurts like a b***ard, every joint will strain and pull, every muscle will stretch and groan. Picking the morning paper up off the mat will be a struggle, but then he comes in and no doubt trains like a demon before giving it absolutely 100% in every game. He's probably praying that Lovren or Skrtel get fit soon, but in the meantime he's done us proud.

A proper pro, he might not have been at Liverpool long enough to be a "legend" but he's surely certain of a fantastic reception whenever he shows his face after he's retired. Top man.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #541: Jan 24, 2016 12:32:44 pm
      Got to be worthy of a special mention this fella. I guarantee that every morning he wakes up these days his body hurts like a b***ard, every joint will strain and pull, every muscle will stretch and groan. Picking the morning paper up off the mat will be a struggle, but then he comes in and no doubt trains like a demon before giving it absolutely 100% in every game. He's probably praying that Lovren or Skrtel get fit soon, but in the meantime he's done us proud.

A proper pro, he might not have been at Liverpool long enough to be a "legend" but he's surely certain of a fantastic reception whenever he shows his face after he's retired. Top man.

One of the most likable guys in football without a doubt.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #542: Jan 24, 2016 12:44:08 pm

Agreed. Despite his age and the reason he was brought to the club, I knew we had a good 'un here with Kolo.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #543: Jan 24, 2016 07:13:41 pm
      Yep, cult status for him among the fans. Every now and then i watch this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyK_yq0vkTE
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #544: Jan 24, 2016 08:18:48 pm
      Little thing that went amiss yesterday was when we went 3-1 down, Kolo grabbed the ball and ran back to the centre circle with it, determined to get on with it. I just wonder how many other players in the squad would have done that.

It's little things like this that make the difference between a group of winners and losers. Kolo is undoubtedly a winner with the correct mentality for a club like Liverpool - he wasn't a key part of the Invincible Arsenal side for no reason. A shame that he is in his twilight years because no doubt him at his peak would have been a legend for us, but since he's been here, he's done his best in that he has received cult status. Here's hoping his positive mentality spreads throughout the squad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #545: Feb 14, 2016 10:03:48 pm
      Kolo scored people! Fair play to the guy! More than deserves a goal or two for his efforts at this club the past year couple of years. Seems to have been a fixture in this league forever! Great guy!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #546: Feb 14, 2016 10:09:58 pm
      Can we keep him as a mascot when his contract expires?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #547: Feb 15, 2016 12:25:41 am
      Kolo Kolo Kolo!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #548: Feb 15, 2016 01:01:27 am
      Can we keep him as a mascot when his contract expires?

Hahaha....serious!

Loved that he got a goal, highlight of the match!!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #549: Feb 15, 2016 06:59:33 pm
      Can't find a reason to hate the man. I kind of want to see him retire here. I think he is the definition of a locker room guy. His pride and passion seem to rub off on others. I mean just look at his goal when we were 5-0 up against a sh*t team. To me that just says it all.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #550: Feb 15, 2016 10:06:30 pm
      Hes actually played quite well this season, shame we didnt buy him 10 years earlier.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #551: Feb 15, 2016 10:36:52 pm
      Agree he has done well and that his passion and positivity are very attractive to keeping him BUT we have to finally push on and evolve into a proper championship winning club
      No more sentiment. It's time for a true improvement across the board. Shankly had to clean house when he came to the club and create a squad and back room staff of hunger, passion, dedication and intelligent folks who would give all for the badge and were worthy of wearing the shirt.
      For FAR TOO LONG we have bought and taken to players that really aren't good enough.
      This has to stop and will i reckon come the summer window 

Quick Reply