Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2013/2014 Premier League Fixture List

Read 21491 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: 2013/2014 Premier League Fixture List
      Reply #115: Jun 22, 2013 11:48:10 am
      F**k me! they certainly ruined a perfect arsehole when they teeth in your gob that's for sure, WUM,

i come from a wee fishing village just north of Watford called Glasgow, and have lived in England for over 30 yrs, i have been a red since'76', basically i'm a wool, but i know from experience that most LFC fans will always put Liverpool first, 'Engerland' and the f***in FA can go f**k themselves, if you can't understand why this is then i suggest you f**k off and pretend to support something else, WUM !!
      Who is they? has anybody made such a threat? Last time I went to an England game there were just as much fans from Liverpool than anywhere so I don't understand this reaction. I see a lot of negativity on here, I understand if fans have reasons not to support their national team. I am new to forums and don't deserve such threats.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #116: Jun 22, 2013 01:45:33 pm
      Who is they? has anybody made such a threat? Last time I went to an England game there were just as much fans from Liverpool than anywhere so I don't understand this reaction. I see a lot of negativity on here, I understand if fans have reasons not to support their national team. I am new to forums and don't deserve such threats.

Quick question, you from Liverpool? If not, where about you from, not going to take the piss, just genuinely asking?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #117: Jun 22, 2013 01:48:14 pm
      Quick question, you from Liverpool? If not, where about you from, not going to take the piss, just genuinely asking?
      I am not actually from Liverpool or anywhere near it. I'm more the middle of England.  I didn't realise Liverpool fans were so against the national team and didn't intentionally want to offend anybody. I have not been to a lot of Liverpool games but I always purchased the shirts almost every year. Almost every post I make I find myself sworn at or threatened. I am not a wind up merchant people have  the wrong idea about me.  I'm going to delete my account here anyway as I don't really feel I fit in on here.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2013 02:07:25 pm by Ribapuru »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Jun 22, 2013 02:12:26 pm
      I am not actually from Liverpool or anywhere near it. I'm more the middle of England. 

A lot of scousers and I know loads who go the match, who simply hate England and this country, as I said in an earlier post because of the treatment of scousers from other English fans. After a while following Liverpool away you get used to being called Bin Dipper, Murderer, Self Pity City and hearing those utter sh*te songs that reference Hillsborough and Heysel time and time again, it really starts to piss you off. Then were expected to stand alongside these same people supporting the national team!!  Also the fact the organisation, the FA have pretty much got away scot-free for 23 years with Hillsborough, when they should of been in the dock alongside South Yorkshire Police on charges of manslaughter.

And the end of the day, a lot of us see ourselves as having a different mindset to the rest of the country and I'd argue now, you simply don't see as many scousers supporting England as you do other teams, simply for the fact England are London-based, the majority of England's support, especially England's away support is made up of lower Prem-teams, Championship, 1st and 2nd division fans, you only have to look at the banners on show  for evidence, so I'd argue "there were just as much fans from Liverpool than anywhere" is simply wrong. Unless of course this was late 70s/early 80s!!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #119: Jun 22, 2013 02:15:59 pm
      A lot of scousers and I know loads who go the match, who simply hate England and this country, as I said in an earlier post because of the treatment of scousers from other English fans. After a while following Liverpool away you get used to being called Bin Dipper, Murderer, Self Pity City and hearing those utter sh*te songs that reference Hillsborough and Heysel time and time again, it really starts to piss you off. Then were expected to stand alongside these same people supporting the national team!!  Also the fact the organisation, the FA have pretty much got away scot-free for 23 years with Hillsborough, when they should of been in the dock alongside South Yorkshire Police on charges of manslaughter.

And the end of the day, a lot of us see ourselves as having a different mindset to the rest of the country and I'd argue now, you simply don't see as many scousers supporting England as you do other teams, simply for the fact England are London-based, the majority of England's support, especially England's away support is made up of lower Prem-teams, Championship, 1st and 2nd division fans, you only have to look at the banners on show  for evidence, so I'd argue "there were just as much fans from Liverpool than anywhere" is simply wrong. Unless of course this was late 70s/early 80s!!
      thanks for the explanation.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #120: Jun 22, 2013 02:26:23 pm
      I know this is completely off-topic but I feel I should be saying this anyway.

Huyton Red, your opinion of "The English" F***ing sickens me. It's absolutely F***ing vile.

You're tarring every supporter of England with the same brush. That brush happens to be the "Murderers" brigade. The group of supporters you're hating for supporting England includes myself and many, many other Liverpool fans - and quite frankly I think it's absolute sh*te.

Yet when Liverpool fans get called racist because of a few despicable cu*ts, you'll jump to every LFC fans' defence - and rightly so! Because why the F**k should we be called racist because of an extreme minority of fans?

I'm sure you've seen that video of a few Chelsea fans shouting "murderers" during the FA Cup semi-final last year at Wembley. Who started lambasting those particular Chelsea fans before even we did? Spurs fans. F***ing SPURS fans!

My point is, there may be a minority of England fans who chant derogatory comments at LFC fans. But it's not just us that's being hit by the derogatory comments, because every other team is too. That's doesn't make what they're doing right, but it shouldn't make people like yourself generalise every England supporter. Most of us are good. Every team has sh*te supporters. Including us. Get over it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #121: Jun 22, 2013 02:27:33 pm
      I have not been to a lot of Liverpool games but I always purchased the shirts almost every year. Almost every post I make I find myself sworn at or threatened. I am not a wind up merchant people have  the wrong idea about me.  I'm going to delete my account here anyway as I don't really feel I fit in on here.

Sometimes you have to understand half of the swearing is just normal, slow down a bit with the mad posts and just ease yourself in, at times a lot of the forums, apart from the official one are the same, they're made up of the hardcore support, those that might go half the games, out of towners and foreigners and we all have different opinions, but just like at the game, learn the scouse sense of humour (come out with mad sh*t and I guarantee people will call you on it and learn when some are either taking the piss or being sarcastic fuckers) learn the scouse values of our support and you'll get by. Just take your time.

Like when you mention about going a few Liverpool games, did you get the songs straight away or did you have to listen a few times before they started to sink in. That's how I learnt back when I was about 7 or 8 and then as you start to learn all the words you start to join in.

Ease up with a couple of the crazy posts, don't take offence at every pisstake and you'll be alright!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #122: Jun 22, 2013 02:41:54 pm
      I know this is completely off-topic but I feel I should be saying this anyway.

Huyton Red, your opinion of "The English" F***ing sickens me. It's absolutely F***ing vile.

You're tarring every supporter of England with the same brush. That brush happens to be the "Murderers" brigade. The group of supporters you're hating for supporting England includes myself and many, many other Liverpool fans - and quite frankly I think it's absolute sh*te.

Yet when Liverpool fans get called racist because of a few despicable cu*ts, you'll jump to every LFC fans' defence - and rightly so! Because why the F**k should we be called racist because of an extreme minority of fans?

I'm sure you've seen that video of a few Chelsea fans shouting "murderers" during the FA Cup semi-final last year at Wembley. Who started lambasting those particular Chelsea fans before even we did? Spurs fans. F***ing SPURS fans!

My point is, there may be a minority of England fans who chant derogatory comments at LFC fans. But it's not just us that's being hit by the derogatory comments, because every other team is too. That's doesn't make what they're doing right, but it shouldn't make people like yourself generalise every England supporter. Most of us are good. Every team has sh*te supporters. Including us. Get over it.

I know why Spurs fans shout it down, because they were at Hillsborough in 81. FACT!

Remind me again, those Liverpool fans accused of racism after Oldham, how many were charged? That's right F***ing none.

And I wasn't talking about England fans per se, I was talking about premier league english fans. Instead of sitting on here pontificating to every c**t who offends your little England mentality, try following Liverpool around the country like I did during the 90s and up to about 2006 when I couldn't afford it anymore and you'll see it's the F***ing majority rather then the minority you make out.

And my opinion of "the english" - just that my opinion! At least I've been there and seen so i can F***ing comment on it.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #123: Jun 23, 2013 01:51:30 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

And the end of the day.....

.....you put that aside for the 90 minutes your national team is playing. Or supposed to. In the same way you put all your club issues aside for the 90 minutes LFC are playing. Then you can go back to dragging up all the history after the game.

Every club's fans have a story to tell from the past. But it's not the players fault the FA/Westminster/rival fans did this, that, and the other wrong for the past 40+ years. You don't get a choice regarding your nationality, so you've no option but to support them imo.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #124: Jun 23, 2013 01:57:31 pm
      .....you put that aside for the 90 minutes your national team is playing. Or supposed to. In the same way you put all your club issues aside for the 90 minutes LFC are playing. Then you can go back to dragging up all the history after the game.

Every club's fans have a story to tell from the past. But it's not the players fault the FA/Westminster/rival fans did this, that, and the other wrong for the past 40+ years. You don't get a choice regarding your nationality, so you've no option but to support them imo.

Plenty of options.

Put it this way THAT night in 95 when England were rioting at Lansdowne Road, I was on my way to Anfield to support MY team get to Wembley for a cup final.

There endeth the lesson!

And that bit in bold, you can just dismiss what happened at Hillsborough just like that can you?

And what if I wanted to support my Grandfather's national team or my Great Grandmother's national team? You know like half the players that represent your country!!
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #125: Jun 23, 2013 02:49:54 pm
      Tbh you have no idea what my nationality is, because I've never said where here. I could be anywhere from Japan, Jamaica, to Germany, and/or spent time in different countries before. So until if/when I say where, all you have is speculation to go on.

I'm not dismissing it, I said it's not the players fault things that shouldn't have happened, did, over the years. No point taking it out on them when they're representing you on the pitch. Because like it or not, (until such time as Merseyside gains independence from London) that's your nationality for better or worse.

I remember both games from February 95, when fans representing England wrecked Lansdowne Road. But 3 hours later, we beat Palace in the last minute. While history stands still, football moves on.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2013 03:50:09 pm by lfc across the water »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #126: Jun 23, 2013 03:01:30 pm
      Tbh you have no idea what my nationality is, because I've never said where here. I could be anywhere from Japan, Jamaica, to Germany, and/or spent time in different countries before. So until if/when I say where, all you have is speculation to go on.

I'm not dismissing it, I said it's not the players fault things that shouldn't have happened, did, over the years. No point taking it out on them when they're representing you on the pitch. Because like it or not, (until such time as Merseyside gains independence from London) that's your nationality for better or worse.

I remember both games from February 95, when fans representing England wrecked Lansdowne Road. But 3 hours later, we beat Palace in the last minute. While history stands still, football moves on.

I do, you gave it away in the Celtic and other threads going on about Ireland and how to get to Lansdowne Road so stick the speculation shout up your arse, you're Irish, get over it softlad!

Yep I remember both games watching in some pub around Anfield with my brother, dad and some of his mates. Also lots of other scouse fans who were pissing themselves at the behaviour of the English fans and taking the piss mocking them from Italia 90 singing "let's all have a disco."

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #127: Jun 23, 2013 03:23:51 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      you gave it away in the Celtic thread, going on about getting to Lansdowne Road

I gave nothing away on any thread whatsoever. I could go on about Liverpool and how to get to Anfield as well, despite not being local. But it wasn't really all that relevant in the Celtic game thread, so I didn't. A bit like this debate in general.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #128: Jun 23, 2013 09:49:03 pm
      I gave nothing away on any thread whatsoever. I could go on about Liverpool and how to get to Anfield as well, despite not being local. But it wasn't really all that relevant in the Celtic game thread, so I didn't. A bit like this debate in general.

F***ing hell! What are you doing in here? Did somebody lock the Rafa Benitez thread?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #129: Jun 23, 2013 10:11:58 pm
      You don't get a choice regarding your nationality, so you've no option but to support them imo.

What a load of sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #130: Jun 24, 2013 10:19:24 am
      It's a choice if people want to support their national side,  they should not get abusive comments or threats either way. Please draw a line under this and move on with the topic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #131: Jun 26, 2013 10:49:02 pm
      Well mods, we've had the fixtures for some time now. Thought at least one of you might have thougtt about a countdown to K.O.     :f_tongueincheek:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #132: Jun 26, 2013 10:55:52 pm
      Well mods, we've had the fixtures for some time now. Thought at least one of you might have thougtt about a countdown to K.O.     :f_tongueincheek:

Standards are seriously slipping mate.

;)

Bored in work earlier and I sat and counted of the top of my head how long we have to wait until kick off. Got it down to how many minutes we have to wait and then my phone started ringing and lost track. Productive half hour.

Quick Reply