Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. VOTE: Where will Liverpool finish in 2013/14? (Poll date: June 2013)

Champions
      11 (6.1%)
      Runners Up
      3 (1.7%)
      3rd or 4th, Champions League places
      99 (55%)
      5th, Europa League place
      48 (26.7%)
      6th to 8th
      17 (9.4%)
      9th to 12th
      0 (0%)
      Even lower
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: Jul 02, 2013 10:09:10 am

2013/14 - Where will we finish?

Read 29025 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      2013/14 - Where will we finish?
      Jun 13, 2013 09:33:37 am
      I think this season is going to be a defining season for Liverpool - for the club and fans alike. After this season we'll know whether we can put together a consistent challenge for the top four (or higher).

We'll know whether we can adapt our tactics & play-style to get the better of other teams on a regular basis. And we'll also know if we have that winning mentality that should be instilled in everything and everyone Liverpool.

On that note, I have devised a mock Premier League table, being completely unbiased and taking all results in to account. And this is what I've come up with:

I'd like to see other people's predictions for where we'll finish. And your thoughts on my effort, too.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: 2013/14 - Where will we finish?
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2013 10:31:25 am
      I think we'll be in a battle for 4th with Arsenal and Spurs
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2013 10:41:07 am
      fifth or sixth
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2013 10:43:23 am
      I think this season is going to be a defining season for Liverpool - for the club and fans alike. After this season we'll know whether we can put together a consistent challenge for the top four (or higher).

We'll know whether we can adapt our tactics & play-style to get the better of other teams on a regular basis. And we'll also know if we have that winning mentality that should be instilled in everything and everyone Liverpool.

On that note, I have devised a mock Premier League table, being completely unbiased and taking all results in to account. And this is what I've come up with:

I'd like to see other people's predictions for where we'll finish. And your thoughts on my effort, too.

do you really think we will finish 3rd? as much as i hope you're right i don't see us getting better than 5th.

also i don't see fulham going down, i think southampton will suffer 2nd season syndrome.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2013 10:55:21 am
      Dudek added.

I'll summon up all the optimism I can and say 5th.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2013 11:00:48 am
      1st
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2013 11:08:40 am
      Far too early to say, but on the players we have now i'd say 6th. Think Spurs and Chelsea will be top 2, Manure 3rd, City 4th, Arsenal 5th.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2013 12:22:28 pm
      Heart says - I believe in Miracles... 1st

Head says - minimum top 4
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2013 12:31:46 pm
      Im very optimistic this season and if we keep Suarez i think top 4 will be made. If BR gets the players he wants in and the players he wants out with the targets that we are supposed be after i would be quietly confident of top 4. We need a good start thats the most important thing.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2013 12:34:06 pm
      Far too early to say, but on the players we have now i'd say 6th. Think Spurs and Chelsea will be top 2, Manure 3rd, City 4th, Arsenal 5th.

Spurs top 2? Serious? If Bale leaves they will be top 5/6 side with him staying still think top 4/5 they always fall apart come last 10 games or so.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2013 12:34:38 pm
      I'm confident of a 3rd or 4th placed finish next season. 

My reasons are that some of the usual suspects will struggle at varying stages through the season and I feel that there's a lot of people out there (including some Reds) who don't give us a hope in hell of improving on our recent form.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2013 01:00:43 pm

Can I ask who Chelsea Lost against?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2013 01:08:46 pm
      It is far to early to say but for hypothetical reasons i'm gonna put my penny's worth in, without harking back to last season to much it was evident we were far from being consistent enough to sustain a prolonged challenge, this i believe was down to the fact we were adjusting to a new coaching philosophy, a new way of playing style, lack of quality within the squad, to many drawn games as a result thereof, losing to many matches for the same reason,

after January we were much better, we were more balanced, more settled and more or less everyone singing from the same songsheet, by then of course the damage had been done and we were left with to much to do to influence finishing with some kind of satisfaction,

this coming season i feel we will be much more organised, have a better idea of direction we are heading, have a much better balanced squad of players, the quality factor far better than we had, we will be hitting the ground running of that i have no doubt, consistency is key for me, to many times last season we lacked the confidence to finish of sides when we were a goal up, to many times we allowed teams to overrun us, i sort of got the feeling that opposing managers knew what we were about and counter acted the way we played, i'm not saying we were one dimensional but losing 15 times in a season spells mid-table mentality, 15 losses is over a third of a season, add to that the drawn games, finishing 7th in the end was not to shabby TBH,

i think we are the dark horses this season, we have seen the impact Coutinho & Sturridge have had, we have the lad aspas(?) to add, with hopefully 2-3 others with similar qualities, and who knows whoever else Brendan could surprise us with, i don't envisage a mass clear out but i would expect one or two going out on loan,

imo, Chavs have the more settled squad, even with Maureen back i would doubt he will change to much probably more likely to strengthen, he knows the EPL, how it works etc, they will be the front runners, Manc's with Golom will be strong and will be in amongst it, as for Citeh well that depends on who manages, how many millions they part with and how long they take to gel, Gooners, this will be Wengers last season at the emirates, i would doubt very much he will be given the funds needed to sustain a serious title challenge, they will once again be competing for a CL spot without worrying us and for the 9th/10th season will end up potless, Spuds, the will he won't he dilemma will hang over them until the 1st Sept, will monkey boy be heading for the Bernebaue, or will he stay and suck the cock-erel one last season, either way, i'm not to bothered, because we will be better than them, much better, we will have a much better squad with alot more consistency,

i honestly beleive a CL spot is a shoe in, and i'm that confident i think we can reach the dizzy heights of 3rd, Chavs to win it, one of the Manc clubs as runner up, and we will be fighting for third,  so there you have it, my hypothetical predictions,  COYMR!!!!

IBWT   YNWA   JFT96

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2013 01:08:51 pm
      Manchester City
      Chelsea

Manchester United

Liverpool
      Spurs
      Arsenal

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2013 02:01:57 pm by racerx34 »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jun 13, 2013 01:17:26 pm
      It is all dependent on who we can sell and buy and how soon we get that sorted. Genuinely believe that with the right signings we can push for top 4 and get it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2013 01:58:38 pm
      Manchester City
      Chelsea

Manchester United

Liverpool
      Spurs
      Arsenal

This. My only qualification would be that the gaps between the teams will be smaller than they appear on the screen. I'm convinced that for a portion of the season we will be competing for the title.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Jun 13, 2013 02:03:54 pm

This. My only qualification would be that the gaps between the teams will be smaller than they appear on the screen. I'm convinced that for a portion of the season we will be competing for the title.

Gap shortened. :D

I think City and Chelsea will spend big, again.
      United will, hopefully, have a wobble.

I think we can get closer, but it all depends on how we build on last season.
      Do it well and I fancy us to climb above Spurs and Arsenal.
      mgeorge
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 13, 2013 02:05:12 pm
      Heart says

Liverpool
      City
      Chelsea
      utd
      Arsenal
      Spurs

Brain say:

Chelsea
      City
      Utd
      Arsenal
      Spurs
      Liverpool.

It is going to be very difficult to break into top 5. We are lucky with Moyes's departure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #18: Jun 13, 2013 02:06:52 pm
      I think I predicted in some other thread that we'll finish 3rd.

I stand by that for consitency's sake ;D

Honestly though, if we finish outside of the top 4 we've got issues.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19: Jun 13, 2013 02:11:27 pm
      Too early to tell, but based on a "as it stands" approach:

Chelsea
      City
      United
      Arsenal
      Liverpool
      Spurs

Something about Spurs just seems so iffy to me. Might be down to the over-reliance on Bale, I don't know.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #20: Jun 13, 2013 02:16:38 pm
      Between 4th-6th.

Depends on the summer signings and how we start the season.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #21: Jun 13, 2013 03:25:54 pm
      Will post my prediction in a month once the summer starts to shape up!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #22: Jun 13, 2013 04:26:15 pm
      I have gone for 6th being realistic. With Suarez gone we will lose 25 goals in the season and I can't see anyone coming in who could compete with that, and add to the fact that Brendan is looking to add another 20 goals (added to last seasons figure) so back to square one. Could I change my mind if we get Cavani???

Yeah cause no other player can score 25 goals for us.

May as well close the transfer window now and lok forward to 6th place.

Have a word with your self

Quick Reply