Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. VOTE: Where will Liverpool finish in 2013/14? (Poll date: June 2013)

Champions
      11 (6.1%)
      Runners Up
      3 (1.7%)
      3rd or 4th, Champions League places
      99 (55%)
      5th, Europa League place
      48 (26.7%)
      6th to 8th
      17 (9.4%)
      9th to 12th
      0 (0%)
      Even lower
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: Jul 02, 2013 10:09:10 am

2013/14 - Where will we finish?

Read 29023 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: 2013/14 - Where will we finish?
      Reply #115: Jun 30, 2013 10:04:38 pm
      Not a clue where we are going to finish (I went for 5th last month) due to the big changes that look like taking shape in the side. One thing I reckon though is that we are going to be a very enjoyable team to watch next season. All these young, foreign boys we are signing strike me as fitting a 'profile' that will inevitably lead towards attractive, attacking football and hopefully goals galore.

The one issue I have so far is the lack of steel I think we have in our squad. Skrtel/Toure and Lucas aside I see a side lining up who will love to have the ball and play the beautiful game but not many who will get stuck in and be able to sustain long periods of pressure without the ball.

Anyhow, I reckon the neutral is going to secretly enjoy watching us next season but unless we strengthen and improve our defensive line I can see us battering teams but coming away without the wins (again), as well of course as dishing out the odd hammerings to teams who simply won't be able to live with our movement and passing.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #116: Jul 01, 2013 03:44:13 pm
      Just can't see us finishing top 4, maybe 5 at a push, but realistically probably 6th
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #117: Jul 01, 2013 04:59:23 pm
      As It currently stands, Man U, Man City and Chelsea have much better squads than we do, so it is expected for them to be top 3. I think generally speaking Arsenal, Tottenham and our squads can be considered of the same quality. Presuming we beat the one and not the other I expect us to finish 5th. Anything above I would credit the manager anything below I would blame him. :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #118: Jul 01, 2013 05:01:03 pm
      Nearly two-thirds of us think we will finish top four.

Crazy deluded fools. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #119: Jul 01, 2013 05:03:35 pm
      Why so pessimistic?

We're gonna win the treble.

Best passing stats
      Most Twitter followers
      Finishing above the blueshite

Yep can just see the thousands lining Liverpool's streets now waiting for the open air bus!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #120: Jul 02, 2013 11:29:36 am
      I'm often 'guilty' of a bout of rampant optimism at this point of each year as we look ahead to the coming season so before anyone rolls their eyes, let me just clarify that I'm not saying we are going to win the league this season.

One thing I have noticed, however that I do find a bit odd is that I've seen people stating in various threads that they think (with Suarez), we could finish 3rd or 4th.
      Nothing wrong with that prediction, of course and it's probably based on the thinking that ManUre, Citeh and Chavski will be somewhere up top but, if you look back at last seasons final table, you'll see that ManUre ran away with is but the gap between second and third was only 3 points and the fourth placed team were only another 2 points back.

With that in mind, if you're willing to predict that we'll make "3rd or 4th", why not allow yourselves a little more optimism and think that we might get a couple more wins and push for 2nd? Given that Gollum seems intent on stamping his own mark on Old Toilet instead of riding on the back of what has already been established, maybe 1st won't be all that far out of reach either?

Just a though  8)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #121: Jul 02, 2013 02:04:41 pm
      I'm often 'guilty' of a bout of rampant optimism at this point of each year as we look ahead to the coming season so before anyone rolls their eyes, let me just clarify that I'm not saying we are going to win the league this season.

One thing I have noticed, however that I do find a bit odd is that I've seen people stating in various threads that they think (with Suarez), we could finish 3rd or 4th.
      Nothing wrong with that prediction, of course and it's probably based on the thinking that ManUre, Citeh and Chavski will be somewhere up top but, if you look back at last seasons final table, you'll see that ManUre ran away with is but the gap between second and third was only 3 points and the fourth placed team were only another 2 points back.

With that in mind, if you're willing to predict that we'll make "3rd or 4th", why not allow yourselves a little more optimism and think that we might get a couple more wins and push for 2nd? Given that Gollum seems intent on stamping his own mark on Old Toilet instead of riding on the back of what has already been established, maybe 1st won't be all that far out of reach either?

Just a though  8)

I am ;)

Why not?
      If we can keep our form going that we had after christmas, and add more quality to the first team and squad, then there is no good reason why we can't mount a challenge.
      BR is setting a target of around 90 goals for the season, and that is a title challenging amount assuming we don't concede more ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #122: Jul 02, 2013 02:28:53 pm
      I am

Why not?
      If we can keep our form going that we had after christmas, and add more quality to the first team and squad, then there is no good reason why we can't mount a challenge.
      BR is setting a target of around 90 goals for the season, and that is a title challenging amount assuming we don't concede more

Exactly. It could be a fine line between 3rd/4th and 1st, who's to say we can't cross that line?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #123: Jul 15, 2013 07:50:09 am
      Best passing stats
      Most Twitter followers
      Finishing above the blueshite

Yep can just see the thousands lining Liverpool's streets now waiting for the open air bus!!

;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #124: Jul 15, 2013 09:13:18 am
      Rightly or wrongly I go into every season believing we can win the league and every Cup competition we are in.I have had this belief in Liverpool Football Club ever since I first went to Anfield as a kid.That belief was instilled into me because we had so many players who were loyal to our club,sadly Bosman took that loyalty away from most players today.It is important that we get off to a good start gain confidence and make ANFIELD the fortress it was renowned for once again. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #125: Jul 29, 2013 07:39:50 pm
      3rd you heard it here first peeps

Ynwa
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #126: Jul 29, 2013 07:40:38 pm
      We'll finish in the black .
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #127: Jul 29, 2013 07:44:04 pm
      We'll finish top of the wage cutting league.

Expect us to finish 6th.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #128: Jul 29, 2013 08:00:28 pm
      If the team remains the exact same on Sept 1st as it is now (we keep Suarez) then I think we've got a real shot at finishing in the top 4.  I like Rep's optimism, but unfortunately I think City are going to run away with the title this year.  Last year Mancini restricted the talent, flair, and creativity of that team, but Pellegrini will nurture it and allow their flair players to flourish.  They have also gotten rid of the destructive personalities of Tevez and Balotelli, while adding some additional class in Jovetic and Navas.

After City, I think it is more open and I think we are in line with the likes of the Scum, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spuds for a spot in the top 4. 

Last year, my prediction was that we would finish between 5th-7th.  This year, I am much more optimistic about our current crop and our form going into the start of the season, so I am going to say we are going to finish 3rd or 4th :)
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #129: Jul 29, 2013 08:33:52 pm
      l think lf luis stays and add two good players walk in first team good chance for 4, even lf luis stays we dont add to team we only get 6, l hope we bring in least one or two goodplayers
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #130: Jul 29, 2013 09:43:42 pm
      First.
      F***ing first.

To justify Pepe's shabby departure.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #131: Jul 29, 2013 09:51:25 pm
      7th
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #132: Jul 29, 2013 10:20:31 pm
      At least we'll be consistent . :(
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #133: Jul 30, 2013 07:42:56 am
      If we don't make any more signings, with Suarez 4th, without him 6th.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #134: Jul 30, 2013 08:03:58 am
      If pre-season form is anything to go by, we will finish above manure.

harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #135: Aug 06, 2013 02:46:34 am
      As of right now, we are 5-0-0 in preseason with no goals conceded and a few good performaces along the way.  We have had some encouraging performances from some of our new boys, particularly Toure, Mignolet, and Aspas.  We have also seen some of our promising youth players show signs of progress as Ibe, Sterling, Kelly, and Wisdom have all looked fit and ready to fight for a place in the first team.  Hendo and Allen, a pair of oft criticized players, have seemingly regained a bit of form and confidence, while Lucas seems to finally be back to his pre-injury form.  Gerrard looks set to continue his impressive performaces in the heart of our midfield, and Coutinho looks like he will be the next big thing on Merseyside.  We had a very strong finish to last season, and all signs point to us continuing that form as we head into the new season, and we seem to have been helped by the fact that we got a pretty forgiving fixture list to start the season on. 

So..... why do I get the funny feeling that we will win our next two preseason games comfortably, finish preseason without conceding a single goal in 7 games, and then concede the first goal in the season opener to Stoke inside the first few minutes and lose the game ???  Perhaps I've just grown overly cynical as a result of our failings in recent seasons, but I just can't help but feel like we will somehow manage to screw the pooch in the season opener :(

Cautiously optimistic (or at least trying to be).  YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #136: Aug 06, 2013 08:57:48 am
      pre season means nothing and at this point in time we do not even know what team we can put out.So  much for getting business done early and now with two more experienced high wage players looking at the exit door predicting the season ahead is impossible
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #137: Aug 06, 2013 11:29:31 am
      Heart says 3rd, head says 5th  :)

Quick Reply