Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. VOTE: Where will Liverpool finish in 2013/14? (Poll date: June 2013)

Champions
      11 (6.1%)
      Runners Up
      3 (1.7%)
      3rd or 4th, Champions League places
      99 (55%)
      5th, Europa League place
      48 (26.7%)
      6th to 8th
      17 (9.4%)
      9th to 12th
      0 (0%)
      Even lower
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: Jul 02, 2013 10:09:10 am

2013/14 - Where will we finish?

Read 28895 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: 2013/14 - Where will we finish?
      Reply #23: Jun 13, 2013 04:35:32 pm
      Yeah cause no other player can score 25 goals for us.

May as well close the transfer window now and lok forward to 6th place.

Have a word with your self

What do you expect from a member of the People's Front of Judea.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #24: Jun 13, 2013 04:49:11 pm
      Good to see on the pol that i am the only one to vote us as champions.

Whats the point in starting a season hoping for 6th............really, have we got that bad.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #25: Jun 13, 2013 04:50:55 pm
      It really depends on our defense.  We lost or drew a lot of games last season from defensive errors.  If the defense gets sorted, I don't see any reason we cant get 3rd.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Jun 13, 2013 05:08:35 pm
      Interesting table there Res.
      Agree with Chavs and the Scum placing.
      Nothing lasts for ever and Utds place in the sun having taken two decades to catch us I believe is over.

I want nothing more than BR to bring us in to a CL place and I want nothing more than to finish first again.
      Ill bet DLS has put that in the poll as where he wants us to be!

I want BR to end up being an inspired signing.
      I dont want soundbites from him or the club. I just want 3 points from as many games as possible.
      I want to see his win ratio up there with Mourinho Klopp and De Boer ..... because he manages Liverpool Football Club.

Ive put third or fourth. I hope we get there.
      No Euro football. No excuses.

If we dont then BR has no hiding place.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27: Jun 13, 2013 06:52:01 pm
      Good to see on the pol that i am the only one to vote us as champions.

Whats the point in starting a season hoping for 6th............really, have we got that bad.

Are people hoping for 6th or are they hoping for 1st and saying that's where (6th) they think we will likely end up?

There's a difference.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2013 07:09:40 pm
      I know where I'd like us to finish and its the same place we should be aiming for.

Like some others I'm going to hold out on posting about where I think we'll finish and why until we are a lot closer to knowing who has come and who has gone.

So much hasn't happened, at this stage, that needs to be taken into account. Take the Reina situation for example - losing him in a window in which we have lost Jamie Carragher would be huge in my opinion as I don't see too many other big, vocal characters after those two.

So not only would I be needing to know how much ability any new signings had but I'd be needing to know what their personalities are like and how much experience they've got in comparison to the people they are replacing.

Good thread, and we needed another focal point away from the Transfer Boards because FSG or the manager haven't given us anything to abuse each other debate about, and the OP is decent from the perspective of right now. For now I think I'll just read before putting my prediction out there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2013 08:02:32 pm
      I know where I'd like us to finish and its the same place we should be aiming for.

Like some others I'm going to hold out on posting about where I think we'll finish and why until we are a lot closer to knowing who has come and who has gone.

So much hasn't happened, at this stage, that needs to be taken into account. Take the Reina situation for example - losing him in a window in which we have lost Jamie Carragher would be huge in my opinion as I don't see too many other big, vocal characters after those two.

So not only would I be needing to know how much ability any new signings had but I'd be needing to know what their personalities are like and how much experience they've got in comparison to the people they are replacing.

Good thread, and we needed another focal point away from the Transfer Boards because FSG or the manager haven't given us anything to abuse each other debate about, and the OP is decent from the perspective of right now. For now I think I'll just read before putting my prediction out there.

C'mon, don't be a pansy, pull your balls out and make a prediction, take a stand for once ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #30: Jun 13, 2013 08:50:24 pm
      C'mon, don't be a pansy, pull your balls out and make a prediction, take a stand for once ;D

Harassment! I'm witnessing harassment! :laugh:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #31: Jun 13, 2013 09:18:42 pm
      Hard to predict exactly where the teams will finish but I reckon the title will go to either Man City or Chelsea, Man U will challenge but fall short in the end and fourth will end up being a battle between ourselves, Spurs and Arsenal.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Jun 13, 2013 09:32:52 pm
      Between 4th-6th.

Depends on the summer signings and how we start the season.

5th then?  :confused-smiley-013:

I think we'll finish 6th, and be hailed as a massive improvement.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33: Jun 13, 2013 09:47:31 pm

Can I ask who Chelsea Lost against?

Us at Anfield, City at the Etihad.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #34: Jun 13, 2013 09:53:08 pm
      Top of the dung heap we'll be strutting our stuff .
      Sokret8
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 13, 2013 10:05:54 pm
      4th or 5th  at least.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2013 10:49:16 pm
      Probably comes as no surprise but I voted for us to finish as champions. (and that's whether or not Suarez stays or not)

If Suarez stays then it's even better, obviously. If he goes, then I think with Countinho and Sturridge, along with whatever replacements the money we get for Suarez buys, we should be able to cover our Uruguayan's absence. Added to that, we've got our younger players like Wisdom, Sterling and Suso all with a full season of first-team football under their belts, we've got Kelly returning, we've got a, hopefully, fully fit Lucas with a full pre-season under his belt, we've got players like Henderson who is improving game by game.

Yeah the other teams can go and out and spend fortunes, whoopty F***ing do. They've been doing it since year dot and we're still England's most successful club so F**k them and their money. Money doesn't determine quality, ability does. There's a little Brazilian fella wearing number 10 at Anfield who's testament to that because he cost a pittance compared to some of the players in the division. Then there's the record breaking pair of Wilkins and Robson that United had in the early 80s - won them F**k all.

On our day, we can match (and beat) any club in the world that's put in front of us. What we're lacking is that little bit of consistency, that's something money can't buy.

On top of that, we're not going into the new season with a new manager, new ideas and new players he wants. We saw ourselves last year that a new manager's ideas can take time to get right - hence our rather below par start. There's also no European distraction that's kicking our season off at the very beginning of August and every other week afterwards. We can simply throw all our eggs into the Premiership basket (though me being the way I am wants to see us go hell for leather in the FA Cup and League Cup as well).

Hit the ground running, pick up a few more points (and preferably victories) from the so called "big teams" then I expect us to be right in the mix. Knock the daft defeats at Anfield to the likes of Villa and West Brom on the head and we've as good a chance as any.

We ended last season unbeaten is our last eight and conceding only one in our last four.

Champions next year? Too F***ing right.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #37: Jun 13, 2013 11:07:51 pm
      Probably comes as no surprise but I voted for us to finish as champions. (and that's whether or not Suarez stays or not)

If Suarez stays then it's even better, obviously. If he goes, then I think with Countinho and Sturridge, along with whatever replacements the money we get for Suarez buys, we should be able to cover our Uruguayan's absence. Added to that, we've got our younger players like Wisdom, Sterling and Suso all with a full season of first-team football under their belts, we've got Kelly returning, we've got a, hopefully, fully fit Lucas with a full pre-season under his belt, we've got players like Henderson who is improving game by game.

Yeah the other teams can go and out and spend fortunes, whoopty F***ing do. They've been doing it since year dot and we're still England's most successful club so F**k them and their money. Money doesn't determine quality, ability does. There's a little Brazilian fella wearing number 10 at Anfield who's testament to that because he cost a pittance compared to some of the players in the division. Then there's the record breaking pair of Wilkins and Robson that United had in the early 80s - won them F**k all.

On our day, we can match (and beat) any club in the world that's put in front of us. What we're lacking is that little bit of consistency, that's something money can't buy.

On top of that, we're not going into the new season with a new manager, new ideas and new players he wants. We saw ourselves last year that a new manager's ideas can take time to get right - hence our rather below par start. There's also no European distraction that's kicking our season off at the very beginning of August and every other week afterwards. We can simply throw all our eggs into the Premiership basket (though me being the way I am wants to see us go hell for leather in the FA Cup and League Cup as well).

Hit the ground running, pick up a few more points (and preferably victories) from the so called "big teams" then I expect us to be right in the mix. Knock the daft defeats at Anfield to the likes of Villa and West Brom on the head and we've as good a chance as any.

We ended last season unbeaten is our last eight and conceding only one in our last four.

Champions next year? Too F***ing right.

Love your optimism I have to say, we need more Liverpool fans believing like this again, aim for the stars and we'll at least reach the sky!

Also couldn't help but notice mate as I've seen it a few times, our number 10 is called Coutinho haha not Countinho ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38: Jun 14, 2013 07:20:50 am
      As things stand now, I'd say the gap between 3rd and 5th will be a lot closer this season. I'll go with 5th, just missing out on a Champions League spot!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #39: Jun 14, 2013 09:03:31 am
      my prediction are 

1st Liverpool
      2nd  Dont Care
      3rd Dont Care
      4th Dont Care

I only care about Liverpool, i dont wath anyother team apart from Liverpool reserves.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #40: Jun 14, 2013 10:40:09 am
      Realistically 4th or 5th with it being a close run thing for fourth, much akin to Spurs/Arsenal this season gone. My heart obviously goes with 1st with Luis staying and Brendans signings gelling perfectly to make a formidable and unbeatable force. F***ing heart.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #41: Jun 14, 2013 11:36:41 am
      5th.

Chelsea
      Manchester United
      Manchester City
      Arsenal
      Liverpool
      Spurs
      Everton

Liverpool can win the Europa League the season after to qualify for the Champions League  ;D
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #42: Jun 14, 2013 11:42:03 am
      Unfortunately money talks. We look like we are going to be spending big this summer, which is fantastic. But in real terms we will only be spending bigger than teams from outside the richest 4; Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. All have much more money than us and will spend much more than us. We will buy 3 to 5 good players for around 100 million (guessing obviously, but wont be far off). Meanwhile the top 4 will be spending more for much better players. And lets be honest they are starting with better squads than us. We are trying to play catchup with teams that will continue to outspend us.

Based on this realism I think 5th or 6th, so I ended up putting 6th.

Yeah the other teams can go and out and spend fortunes, whoopty f**king do. They've been doing it since year dot and we're still England's most successful club so f**k them and their money. Money doesn't determine quality, ability does. There's a little Brazilian fella wearing number 10 at Anfield who's testament to that because he cost a pittance compared to some of the players in the division. Then there's the record breaking pair of Wilkins and Robson that United had in the early 80s - won them f**k all.

You offer Wilkins and Robson, I counter with Torres and Suarez. We have bought great players and got nowhere. For the same reason as the manks in the eighties, we are starting from miles behind. While they had those 2 we had Rush, McMahon, Dalglish, Kennedy, Lee, Souness, McDermott etc (My dates might not be right, but its from memory, I tried my best). What I am saying mate is that we dont have the best squad in the league and unless we can go out and spend 300 million in the summer and get 10 players that are better than what we have, we wont be winning the league.

Having said all that I am optimistic too. I do believe we will be the champions again in the next few years. I believe we will do it with BR in charge, but I am not sure that Stevie will be the one that picks up that trophy (unfortunately), we may have to wait a little longer than he has left.

We wont buy the league, we will do it with sweat and graft, we will do it by making steady improvement and for me that improvement has already started.
      5th or 6th next season, then cement 4th for a few years, then the title.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #43: Jun 14, 2013 01:26:55 pm
      If Suarez stays I don't see why, with a bit of defensive coaching, we can't challenge.

I really don't.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: Jun 14, 2013 04:14:46 pm
      Staffletop, money only talks if you let it. Liverpool won't be spending 100m I don't think.  Toure was free and Aspas was only 7.7m. Alberto and Ilori won't cost over 15m together.  If we signed Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulos that would amount to 60m for 5 players.  That figure doesn't include players sold.  If Suarez goes for 50 million,  which is the minimum he could go for and Liverpool replaced him with Muirel. Then Shelvey, Coates, Carrol and Downing sold. Our net spend would be 10m. That figure you mentioned  to win the league is ridiculous.  300m?  :lmao: Man city splashed out something like that and had a netloss of 200m within a year and another 100m the year after. They still didn't win the league until a couple of seasons later, and they only just beat man u. Man u spent much less and won the title the season before man city and after. We want a European licence and not a European ban under FFP. Man City are safe from a ban because of a loophole to avoid a ban if teams showing a reduction in debt. Man City's debt
       was at their highest well before FFP rules were introduced.  It is increasing debt that gets banned. It favours teams who splashed out just before ffp was introduced. It's unwise to do the same thing now. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2013 04:36:43 pm by Ribapuru »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #45: Jun 14, 2013 04:25:20 pm
      That figure you mentioned  to win the league is ridiculous.  300m?   Man city splashed out something like that

And won the league.

Quick Reply