Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57722 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #115: Oct 19, 2013 05:26:52 pm

Yes he did! At least he could hold onto the ball and find his man with a pass, no coincidence that we looked like scoring once he was on the pitch.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #116: Oct 19, 2013 05:43:52 pm
      Apart from the shot I thought he looked decent. Moved the ball quickly and was looking to create something. He's got to play ahead of Moses for me (if we keep persisting with the 3 at the back line up).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #117: Oct 19, 2013 05:57:49 pm
      Apart from the shot I thought he looked decent. Moved the ball quickly and was looking to create something. He's got to play ahead of Moses for me (if we keep persisting with the 3 at the back line up).

I haven't seen today's game but I've said the same for weeks.

Moses ain't a No. 10 and Alberto is one who the manager spent money on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #118: Oct 19, 2013 06:30:46 pm
      Agree a bit odd why BR insists on playing Moses in a position where quite obviously he is not comfortable. Yet has a ready made number 10 on the bench..............
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #119: Oct 19, 2013 08:59:47 pm
      Far more suited to the 10 than Moses.
      Flashes of quality today.

Think he'll be a great player.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #120: Oct 19, 2013 09:48:41 pm
      I really had high hope sfor this lad but that shot had me really thinking about what was going through his head..and the answer was nothing and that's the problem with a lot of our players they are thick as pigshit
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #121: Oct 19, 2013 10:01:07 pm
      I really had high hope sfor this lad but that shot had me really thinking about what was going through his head..and the answer was nothing and that's the problem with a lot of our players they are thick as pigshit

:D

Don't ya know footballers are above average intelligence? Only shows how low the average is doesn't it. Have to agree with you that a lot of our players do seem to lack intelligence and run out of ideas quickly. There's no co-incidence when you listen to John Barnes speak about the game, or Kenny Dalglish that they're also very intelligent guys, because you need that intelligence to use the ball well. Doing drills, doing patterns wont prepare you for the unique situation of every single attack, unfortunately I think mentality and intelligence is one of the biggest problems in our side.

Another highlight is Glen Johnson, apparently a very intelligent bloke and he always has an idea on the ball, always trying something, there is without doubt a link.

With regards Alberto, I think he was a step up on Moses but wasn't as impressed as some seem to be. Think he should be starting there ahead of Victor but clearly miles behind Coutinho.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #122: Oct 20, 2013 10:51:43 am

OMG a player decides to shoot and misses...............mus t be thick............. how the heck are players ever going to score if they dont take a chance, sometimes they dont come off...............thats just football mate.

Based on your analysis Sturridge must be the thickest person in the country because is always trying to pull the trigger when he could pass the ball,  quite often he misses  but you know what he is top scorer in the EPL.........
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #123: Oct 20, 2013 11:37:36 am
      Based on the little glimpses we see of him I'd say Alberto is far from thick and maybe one of our most intelligent footballers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #124: Oct 20, 2013 03:53:40 pm
      I thought he did pretty well when he came on and clearly there is some talent there, but the decision to go for the blast at the end when we were building pressure was awful. In that situation if he takes the shot on he has to take a little bit off it and definitely make sure he hits the target. Even if the goalkeeper saves it and holds onto it we're only wasting 10 seconds or so, to lose his head and blaze it into the stands was very immature.

Henderson showed him the way twice earlier, taking the pace off the shot and steering it. It was just a shame that he was too sh!te to hit the target with either volley, but the thought was there at least. 
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #125: Oct 20, 2013 04:13:44 pm
      He deserves a start for sure!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #126: Oct 20, 2013 04:43:00 pm
      A few more Alberto types in our midfield would be a god send. Players who can control the ball and find a player........wow is that asking for too much in a professional footballer........ :o

Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #127: Oct 20, 2013 05:58:11 pm
       Hope he starts in that number 10 position if Coutinho isn't fit for the next week.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #128: Oct 20, 2013 10:24:46 pm
      Agree. We bought him for a decent chunk of money given our budget and his age. Give him a crack!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #129: Oct 21, 2013 07:11:33 am
      Hope he starts in that number 10 position if Coutinho isn't fit for the next week.
      I hope too mate.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #130: Oct 28, 2013 10:35:59 am
      He's looking better as his time moves on think he needs to start a few games so he can get more experiance but dont think he's too far away
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #131: Dec 03, 2013 04:36:00 am
      It's nightmare to the lad has to come into the pitch with the pressure to rescue the team that unable to play football against the Hull F***ing great Tiger last weekend. Without proper adjust game plan after half time by manager/coach/established senior players I think even the like of Messi or Ronaldo still crying for mom.
      Unluckily to the young lad, I expected he could come after we lead the score, comfortably control the game and need to rest the like of SG or Luis, release to the pitch with proper instructions how to do to make the team play even better and build confident of the lad, not send him to the slaughter ground like we did.     
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #132: Dec 03, 2013 08:22:00 pm
      Give the lad 90 minutes against Norwich in front of the home crowd and let's see what he has to offer, please Brendan.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #133: Dec 04, 2013 10:48:02 pm
      I've been saying this all season but I'd really like to see this lad get a start just to see if how his nice touches and football intelligence gets on for a full 90.

I'd start him against West Ham in place of Hendo.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #134: Dec 04, 2013 11:40:51 pm
      I've been saying this all season but I'd really like to see this lad get a start just to see if how his nice touches and football intelligence gets on for a full 90.

He's got something about him, no doubt about it.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #135: Dec 04, 2013 11:43:16 pm

So would I. Henderson needs to be 'rested' and Alberto has the technique to pass and move well with Coutinho. The lad needs the confidence of the manager who bought him or he has no chance.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #136: Dec 04, 2013 11:48:07 pm

Not sure he does enough mate, one way to find out is to give him a chance. I think from the little I have seen of him I would put him behind Suso in his development and we sent Suso on loan.

I really doubt if he will get a start against West Ham, but he might get a few more minutes if we are a couple of goals up. I thought he could have come on a bit earlier than he did tonight as well.   
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #137: Dec 05, 2013 12:22:15 am
      Did he get a run out tonight? and if he did,

A) How many minutes and

B) How did he look?

Quick Reply