Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57664 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #207: Apr 05, 2014 11:52:00 pm
      Last three words are the key Belly. I'm sure Bad Boy isn't too bothered if you, I or anyone else agrees just his opinion on what should happen but just so happens I tend to agree.

Not sure there was any 'drama' to begin with. :confused-smiley-013:

Well, I tend to agree with Harry's excellent point that's all, it's not about making someone bothered by a contrary opinion. It's a football discussion forum and it was a good point initially by Harry, supported by myself to evolve discussion. The personal opinion of being bothered is not the point, as I was merely debating the point, not attacking the poster.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #208: Apr 06, 2014 12:05:33 am
      Bubby is spot on. It's quite a simple point isn't it, anyone with just a modicum of sense would understand that while making his point Bubby isn't discounting the value of a bargain that can be seen by:

However some people just choose to be bloody pedantic and contrary to feel better about themselves and I'm amazed you have the patience but fair play to you Si.

On the evidence so far we don't do well at finding players in the bracket Bubby mentions, our successes (Mig?! Coutinho, Sturridge and Sakho?!) all appear to reside in a higher bracket. Market forces generally dictate that the better quality product costs more and it takes a stroke of fortune that we clearly don't seem adept at to play around in the bargain bin. As Bubby also suggests Brendan has also shouted this from the rooftops by asking for "no more squad players" and then going after £30m+ players for whom it appears he was let down.

So not only is Bubby spot on, he is supported by the facts, he is supported by the manager and yet still people find it within themselves to talk about 'drama', pathetic.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #209: Apr 06, 2014 12:20:11 am
      Well, I tend to agree with Harry's excellent point that's all, it's not about making someone bothered by a contrary opinion. It's a football discussion forum and it was a good point initially by Harry, supported by myself to evolve discussion. The personal opinion of being bothered is not the point, as I was merely debating the point, not attacking the poster.

OK and I also agree, to an extent, that you cannot always judge a payers worth on what you pay for them but a player costing £8M odd and turning out like a Coutinho tends to be the exception to the rule.

As has been said if you accept, I do but not sure you do, that to strengthen our first team you have to but better than what we already have and these players, more often than not, tend to cost big money.

No back to Alberto, before a Mod has a heart attack, and I still think he is a very good footballer and one I'd like to see more of but as things stand I just don't see where or when he gets that chance and is a reason why I don't see much benefit in buying more 'Albertos' if we are to really progress the squad next season.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #210: Apr 06, 2014 12:30:27 am
      OK and I also agree, to an extent, that you cannot always judge a payers worth on what you pay for them but a player costing £8M odd and turning out like a Coutinho tends to be the exception to the rule.

As has been said if you accept, I do but not sure you do, that to strengthen our first team you have to but better than what we already have and these players, more often than not, tend to cost big money.

No back to Alberto, before a Mod has a heart attack, and I still think he is a very good footballer and one I'd like to see more of but as things stand I just don't see where or when he gets that chance and is a reason why I don't see much benefit in buying more 'Albertos' if we are to really progress the squad next season.

If you would have read and taken in this, rather than guessing what you think I know, I did say this:

I agree, we need quality to improve upon what we have. In all probability it will cost more than the price 'range' we're currently discussing - but it's also nice to keep our options open and not restrict ourselves merely because of a 'low price range'.

As for Alberto, can't say I'm a big fan of his from the little I've seen from him - which admittedly isn't a lot. Mind you, I do see the benefit in buying the Sterling's and Coutinho's of this world - some pay off some don't.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #211: Apr 06, 2014 01:43:30 am
      Not sure why you lot are arguing ... you are all basically saying the same thing. Anyway I think the restrictions were as much to do with the wages we were willing to offer as much as the price we were willing to pay.... pay peanuts and get monkeys (not that I think Alberto is a monkey) :)

Now we are hopefully back in the CL maybe wages wont be as big a restriction and we can attract a better class of player and with the extra games maybe even give players like Alberto the chance to play a little more.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #212: Apr 06, 2014 03:18:40 am
      Not sure why you lot are arguing ... you are all basically saying the same thing. Anyway I think the restrictions were as much to do with the wages we were willing to offer as much as the price we were willing to pay.... pay peanuts and get monkeys (not that I think Alberto is a monkey) :)

Now we are hopefully back in the CL maybe wages wont be as big a restriction and we can attract a better class of player and with the extra games maybe even give players like Alberto the chance to play a little more.

I'll tell you why S@int, because I held and supported a view to another poster that didn't quite align with some of the more sensitive members on here. If I hadn't of said it and somebody else did it would have bee okay.

Just to re-emphasise, a post from the latest drama queen who got all silly about it - this is what he said a while ago, when talking about none other than moi.

Spot on mate. I've had disagreements with the people I respect the most on here, doesn't make me respect them any the less and I expect that's the same for any rational thinking person.

Disagreements are the basis of debate, would be one hell of a boring place if we all shared the same opinion that's for sure. 

So, basically, in a nutshell unless you are part of the LFCRED fan boi crew, don't oppose or dare to bring a discussion to the table that doesn't align with theirs - it really does bother a few for some strange reason, especially when the intentions are to merely "evolve" sensible discussion.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #213: Apr 06, 2014 06:45:09 am
      I'll tell you why S@int, because I held and supported a view to another poster that didn't quite align with some of the more sensitive members on here. If I hadn't of said it and somebody else did it would have bee okay.

Just to re-emphasise, a post from the latest drama queen who got all silly about it - this is what he said a while ago, when talking about none other than moi.

So, basically, in a nutshell unless you are part of the LFCRED fan boi crew, don't oppose or dare to bring a discussion to the table that doesn't align with theirs - it really does bother a few for some strange reason, especially when the intentions are to merely "evolve" sensible discussion.

I just think you got off on the wrong foot with a few posters mate. Maybe you could all just take a breath and then start afresh. If things don't then work out ... well at least you have all tried, but if you all give each other a chance I am sure things will work out.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #214: Apr 06, 2014 08:40:09 am
      I just think you got off on the wrong foot with a few posters mate. Maybe you could all just take a breath and then start afresh. If things don't then work out ... well at least you have all tried, but if you all give each other a chance I am sure things will work out.

Exactly! After all, we all thought S@int was a WUM when he first joined!!  :f_whistle:

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #215: Apr 06, 2014 12:05:05 pm
      Exactly! After all, we all thought S@int was a WUM when he first joined!!  :f_whistle:

Ha. S@int is a top bloke, very reasonable and witty with it. Always loved reading his posts (knows his stuff) even if more recently I haven't always agreed with them.  :-*
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #216: Apr 06, 2014 12:18:32 pm
      So getting back to the subject of the thread, Luis will be fine. 

He's a young lad who was playing u21's football in a foreign league when we bought him last summer.  He was never intended to be playing regular 1st team football this season, maybe not even next season.  Brendan may decide he'll never get there and sell him this summer to be able to bring in someone else or he knows that the lad will contribute to the squad once he's settled.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #217: Apr 06, 2014 02:08:43 pm

We don't any more???.   Was their a memo?  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #218: Apr 07, 2014 08:30:43 pm

Thought we were still all thinking that?  :f_whistle:

Will be interesting to see what happens to Alberto this summer; sold, staying or being loaned out for the new season, really have no idea but what is certain is that he hasn't justified even a fraction of his transfer fee yet. Time to step up and be counted lad.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #219: Apr 07, 2014 09:54:46 pm
      I still hold out a little hope that Alberto will come good, but with Coutinho, Texiera and Suso ahead in the pecking order IMO, he'll have to produce something special to break through.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #220: Apr 07, 2014 11:04:20 pm
      I still hold out a little hope that Alberto will come good, but with Coutinho, Texiera and Suso ahead in the pecking order IMO, he'll have to produce something special to break through.

Or turn it into a positive and say how lucky we are to have 4 young players who are pretty similiar in their styles with some great potential.

With our current formation and strategy you can see at least 2 of them, if they develop,  playing in the same 11.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #221: Apr 19, 2014 03:33:38 pm
      I think BR feels he needed to work on his physical side of his game I suspect he will go on a season loan next year an we will keep Suso maybe he can be offered out on loan as part of a deal for us to buy a player. Still think he looked good every time he got a chance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #222: Apr 25, 2014 01:43:37 pm
      Uh-oh....

Liverpool winger Luis Alberto found guilty of drink-driving and told to attend alcohol awareness course

Apr 25, 2014 11:54
          By Mirror.co.uk

The hot prospect was also given a 12 month driving ban on top of a £1,500 fine after being caught nearly double the legal limit while in a white Porsche
      Liverpool FC star Luis Alberto was banned from the road after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

The 21-year-old Spanish attacking midfielder was caught during the early hours on Monday, March 31, while driving home from a friend's birthday party.

Police stopped the footballer, who was driving a white Porsche, on Croxteth Drive as he appeared to be using his mobile phone.

Alberto, whose full name is Luis Alberto Alconchel Romero, was also seen swerving the car and, after narrowly missing an island, was asked to step out of his vehicle and undergo a breath test.

He was found to be nearly double the legal limit of 35mg, with a recorded 61mg, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Alberto, who was accompanied by an interpreter at Liverpool magistrates' court yesterday, admitted being in control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

His lawyer, Michael Hogan, said: "Mr Romero does not go out, this was the first time he has been out properly since he has been in Liverpool.”

He added: "Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol.  Normally his drinking habits are modest and with being a professional footballer, he will find it difficult without the use of his car.”

District Judge Richard Clancy banned the football star for 12 months and ordered him to attend an alcohol awareness course

He said: "You will have six months to pass a drink drive course, if this is completed in six months the ban will be reduced to nine months."

He was also fined £1,500 and told to pay a a £150 victim surcharge.

Alberto, who was signed from Sevilla last summer for £6m, has made a total of 12 appearances this season, but is yet to start a Premier League game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #223: Apr 25, 2014 01:56:09 pm
      Too young with too much money without any sense always a bad combination.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #224: Apr 25, 2014 02:29:56 pm
      Uh-oh....

Liverpool winger Luis Alberto found guilty of drink-driving and told to attend alcohol awareness course

By Mirror.co.uk

The hot prospect was also given a 12 month driving ban on top of a £1,500 fine after being caught nearly double the legal limit while in a white Porsche
      Liverpool FC star Luis Alberto was banned from the road after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

The 21-year-old Spanish attacking midfielder was caught during the early hours on Monday, March 31, while driving home from a friend's birthday party.

Police stopped the footballer, who was driving a white Porsche, on Croxteth Drive as he appeared to be using his mobile phone.

Alberto, whose full name is Luis Alberto Alconchel Romero, was also seen swerving the car and, after narrowly missing an island, was asked to step out of his vehicle and undergo a breath test.

He was found to be nearly double the legal limit of 35mg, with a recorded 61mg, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Alberto, who was accompanied by an interpreter at Liverpool magistrates' court yesterday, admitted being in control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

His lawyer, Michael Hogan, said: "Mr Romero does not go out, this was the first time he has been out properly since he has been in Liverpool.”

He added: "Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol.  Normally his drinking habits are modest and with being a professional footballer, he will find it difficult without the use of his car.”

District Judge Richard Clancy banned the football star for 12 months and ordered him to attend an alcohol awareness course

He said: "You will have six months to pass a drink drive course, if this is completed in six months the ban will be reduced to nine months."

Alberto, who was signed from Sevilla last summer for £6m, has made a total of 12 appearances this season, but is yet to start a Premier League game.

Stupid lad, got let off very lightly there, have no time for drink drivers there's never an excuse and it is totally and utterly unacceptable the lad I hope feels both ashamed and incredibly lucky not to have killed someone. I hope he learns his lesson.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #225: Apr 25, 2014 07:38:48 pm
      Uh-oh....

By Mirror.co.uk

Oh dear; stupid lad. Lesson learned I hope - world at your feet everything to lose Alberto. Not wise mate, not wise.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #226: Apr 25, 2014 08:26:47 pm
      Lad needs to get a grip.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #227: Apr 25, 2014 08:49:42 pm
      With most in here... I'm 19 but I've lost two friends to drink driving. An unbelievably silly thing to do.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #228: Apr 25, 2014 08:53:30 pm
      No excuse for that stupidity. Kind of thing that can end up with someone dead

Earns enough money to get a taxi for fook sake, and that's even if hes meant to out drinking at all
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #229: Apr 25, 2014 09:12:56 pm
      Uh-oh....

By Mirror.co.uk

Ah now I know what you were on about in the brushes with the players thread.

Quick Reply