Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57334 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #230: Apr 25, 2014 10:24:32 pm
      Luis Alberto hasn't made the impact on us that I'd have hoped. I can only see he's let his position at the club go to his head before he's even achieved anything with us. I think Alberto badly needs to be loaned out. I would make sure he is loaned out to a team in England so he has to serve this driving ban. If he does anything like this again I'd not be to quick to turn down an offer to sell him if an offer comes in. Drinking and Driving is one of the most selfish and dangerous acts from a driver and I detest it at the highest level.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #231: Apr 25, 2014 10:45:25 pm
      Stupid and wreckless thing to do but he's not the first and won't be the last to do it so I'm not going to slaughter him for it.

Lesson has to be learned from it though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #232: Apr 26, 2014 10:30:18 am
      Silly young man...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #233: May 31, 2014 02:27:18 pm
      If we sign Lallana were does this leave Alberto? Alberto is a quality player. He was quality in our u21 so I have no doubt he's going to come through for us. I'd hand onto him whilst we're in the League Cup. I do slightly worry about our talent getting an opportunity to break through... Teixeira, Alberto, Ilori, Ibe, Wisdom... etc....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #234: May 31, 2014 03:05:13 pm
      If we sign Lallana were does this leave Alberto? Alberto is a quality player. He was quality in our u21 so I have no doubt he's going to come through for us. I'd hand onto him whilst we're in the League Cup. I do slightly worry about our talent getting an opportunity to break through... Teixeira, Alberto, Ilori, Ibe, Wisdom... etc....

Guessing Alberto is due for a season long loan.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #235: May 31, 2014 05:14:16 pm
      Guessing Alberto is due for a season long loan.

I just hope that if we loan him out that it is to a Prem side so that he can adapt to the pace and physicality of the league.  He is still very young and very talented.  He just needs to nurture his abilities and adapt his style to better suit the Prem. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #236: May 31, 2014 08:11:27 pm
      I just hope that if we loan him out that it is to a Prem side so that he can adapt to the pace and physicality of the league.  He is still very young and very talented.  He just needs to nurture his abilities and adapt his style to better suit the Prem. 

I agree Harry.

If its a loan to develop him for us then I'd rather a Premier League move.

If its a loan just to get him out of the squad for a year I'd rather just sell him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #237: May 31, 2014 08:14:24 pm
      I'm still in shock that people were advocating getting rid of him.

OK, he may not have much pace, but he's a very clever player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #238: May 31, 2014 08:17:25 pm
      I'm still in shock that people were advocating getting rid of him.

OK, he may not have much pace, but he's a very clever player.

Just to clarify Swab if it was down to me I'd be keeping him as I really like the look of him.

But I don't see the point in loaning him back to Spain for one or two seasons and then he leaves.

If he neads a loan get him to the likes of Sunderland for a season and have him ready for next season.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2014 08:44:00 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #239: May 31, 2014 08:32:01 pm
      I like his game, but he needs to play. Hopefully as someone said he can get a loan to a premier side. Maybe Southampton? ;)
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #240: May 31, 2014 08:40:27 pm
      A loan is probably best for both parties. Seems destined to return to Spain next season. Apparently Seville also want him on loan as part of the Moreno deal.

Malaga offer for Luis Alberto
      Liverpool youngster, Luis Alberto, could be set to join Malaga.

Malaga have made an offer for Liverpool flop, Luis Alberto, as the Spanish side look to take the promising youngster on loan for the season.

Luis Alberto arrived last season from Seville, after spending a year out on loan at Barcelona B. This year, Luis Alberto has struggled to make an impession on Brendan Rodgers, only making nine Premier League appearances in the process, as well as a handful of domestic cup appearances. Although the 21-year-old impressed during pre-season, it looks as the youngster won't be an integral part of the Liverpool squad next season. It's rumoured that Seville also are interested in Alberto returning to the club in which he joined when he was a youngster. However, sources close to the southern based club, have revealed that the side are confident that Alberto will be wearing the colours of Malaga next season.

http://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc/355198-malaga-offer-for-luis-alberto.html
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #241: May 31, 2014 08:41:48 pm
      Must to clarify Swab if it was down to me I'd be keeping him as I really like the loom of him.

But I don't see the point in loaning him back to Spain for one or two seasons and then he leaves.

If he neads a loan get him to the likes of Sunderland for a season and have him ready for next season.

Yep, agreed.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #242: May 31, 2014 09:01:26 pm
      A loan is probably best for both parties. Seems destined to return to Spain next season. Apparently Seville also want him on loan as part of the Moreno deal.

Malaga have made an offer for Liverpool flop, Luis Alberto, as the Spanish side look to take the promising youngster on loan for the season.

Luis Alberto arrived last season from Seville, after spending a year out on loan at Barcelona B. This year, Luis Alberto has struggled to make an impession on Brendan Rodgers, only making nine Premier League appearances in the process, as well as a handful of domestic cup appearances. Although the 21-year-old impressed during pre-season, it looks as the youngster won't be an integral part of the Liverpool squad next season. It's rumoured that Seville also are interested in Alberto returning to the club in which he joined when he was a youngster. However, sources close to the southern based club, have revealed that the side are confident that Alberto will be wearing the colours of Malaga next season.

http://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc/355198-malaga-offer-for-luis-alberto.html

He need's to evolve in a team playing technical football, but then again he does need the experience of a faster pace of football. That said, more premiership teams have adopted a more technical approach to football compared to how they played the game 10 years ago. Foreign players will settle easier in this league now, so I cannot see the harm in him getting experience abroad.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #243: Jun 03, 2014 05:56:01 am
      Loan him to Blackpool :D

There should be a club in the EPL who would be interested in signing him on loan. Everton would be perfect if it was not Everton.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #244: Jun 08, 2014 02:16:02 pm
      Got married over he weekend apparently.

Congrats to him and his new wife!! Maybe 2 weeks of solid hard work in the bedroom will bring him back ready for the premier league!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #245: Jun 08, 2014 02:44:35 pm

He needs to be loaned out to a PL side in my opinion.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #246: Jun 08, 2014 02:52:30 pm
      Got married over he weekend apparently.

Congrats to him and his new wife!! Maybe 2 weeks of solid hard work in the bedroom will bring him back ready for the premier league!!!

Congrats to the newlyweds.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #247: Jun 26, 2014 01:10:45 pm
      Just passed a medical to go on loan to Malaga for 1m

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-agree-luis-alberto-loan-la-liga-side-071726900.html

Think it's a good move
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #248: Jun 26, 2014 01:33:46 pm

Presumably the Moreno deal is dead then?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #249: Jun 26, 2014 05:29:53 pm
      Desperately needed for both Liverpool and the player.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #250: Jun 26, 2014 07:32:50 pm
      Desperately needed for both Liverpool and the player.

Agree. I'm always ok with loaning youngsters out as long as they play.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #251: Jun 27, 2014 03:45:12 pm
      I hope for his sake he can get the playing time and experience that Suso got with Almeria last season
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #252: Jun 27, 2014 03:56:45 pm
      Good move for the lad.  Hope he does well!

Quick Reply