Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57617 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jun 23, 2013 02:28:14 am
      One thing about him looking at his YouTube clips that can be picked up is that he plays the game with his head up. Always one of the first things I look for on clips as they always only show things going right, but he obviously always plays like this.

One of the things i noticed about Suso's performance in the game against the USA for Spain @ U20 World Cup.
      Very encouraging all around.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #47: Jun 23, 2013 06:15:16 am
      There is no way on God's earth would I wear a suit like that. M&S special.

Hey Giorgio Armani, bust out some pics of you modeling your wardrobe. We'd love to see them.  :D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jun 23, 2013 11:53:34 pm
      A lot of money for a player who has only been playing in the 'B' team, hopefully he will turn out to be another Coutinho though!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Jun 24, 2013 12:53:03 am
      A lot of money for a player who has only been playing in the 'B' team, hopefully he will turn out to be another Coutinho though!

Was thinking that too, but thought it was weird that Barca B wanted him on loan, someone at Camp Nou must have seen something in him which can only be good.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Jun 24, 2013 03:02:00 pm
      Welcome to the club, Alberto! Been a bit busy with all the protests going on here, not so much time to create player threads! ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #51: Jun 24, 2013 04:40:40 pm
      Welcome to the club, Alberto! Been a bit busy with all the protests going on here, not so much time to create player threads! ;D
      Stay strong Diego!!! YNWA
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #52: Jun 24, 2013 05:21:28 pm
      Very excited to see what this lad can do!!  I was very impressed with the youtube scouting videos :)

Welcome to the club young lad!

YNWA
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #53: Jul 01, 2013 04:42:50 pm
      Been given the number 6 shirt it appears, hopefully he can be as good as Iniesta anyways!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #54: Jul 01, 2013 04:43:48 pm
      Been given the number 6 shirt it appears, hopefully he can be as good as Iniesta anyways!

Pity he doesn't use "Romero".
      That would have been boss.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #55: Jul 04, 2013 10:29:01 am
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, Luis Alberto Romero.

Keep your head down and work hard and we will love you.

Interesting times ahead.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #56: Jul 13, 2013 04:55:45 pm
      I think we've found ourselves a real player, very impressed with him today.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #57: Jul 13, 2013 11:54:29 pm
      Looked very good to me. Has it all for me: Touch,pace,composure,vision,passing and shooting (which will come). I really think we could have found another gem. People were saying he was a special talent or very talented and I was sceptical but you can see he is very talented. He was the player today "I thought we have a player here".
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #58: Jul 15, 2013 07:56:59 pm
      Have to agree he looks a really good prospect. A serious upgrade on Jonjo Shelvey I'd say, looking forward to seeing how he develops and exactly which position is best for him. Just watched an interview and he seems to have a good temperament. When asked which Spanish Liverpool player he'd most like to emulate he answered Xabi. ;)
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #59: Jul 21, 2013 01:43:21 am
      I'm surprised no one commented on him after today's match. He's looking quite promising.  :) Seems to have a nice knack for a pass and seems very composed on the ball.  When he came to us, I expected that he'd get minimal match time this season, but I'm starting to think he may be a bigger part of Rodgers' plan than I thought.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #60: Jul 22, 2013 12:09:37 am
      I'm not getting carried away. The lad looks technically excellent but I wouldn't be too quick to holla that he's an upgrade on Shelvey, he certainly doesn't look like he has the strength or power of a Shelvey. He looks like a pretty footballer but I suspect he will have to adapt his game quite a bit for the EPl.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Jul 22, 2013 12:12:03 am
      I'm not getting carried away. The lad looks technically excellent but I wouldn't be too quick to holla that he's an upgrade on Shelvey, he certainly doesn't look like he has the strength or power of a Shelvey. He looks like a pretty footballer but I suspect he will have to adapt his game quite a bit for the EPl.

All that strength and power in Shelvey's game meant nothing if he couldn't pass or hold onto the ball which was alarmingly frequent.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #62: Jul 22, 2013 12:26:08 am
      All that strength and power in Shelvey's game meant nothing if he couldn't pass or hold onto the ball which was alarmingly frequent.

I agree completely, £6 mill for Jonjo wasn't bad business and I also think he gave the ball away too much, particularly the way BR wants us to play. However, a bit of pace and power certainly comes in handy in this league. You don't have to have it, you only have to look at someone like David Silva BUt i'm not sure Alberto is mush of a dribbler. Looks like a very pure passer, decent shot and great at set pieces.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: Jul 22, 2013 04:05:21 am
      Only friendlies so far which I never take very seriously, but I did enjoy watching his short passing skills. Loved how easy it felt for him to find a teammate straight away after receiving a pass, even if surrounded by lots of opponents.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #64: Jul 22, 2013 01:55:00 pm
      Have to agree in that I like what I've seen from Alberto so far. I think one of the potential problems can be finding his best spot once he gets starting some minutes in the Premier League. He played deep CM vs Preston, AM vs Indonesia. Curious to see where Brendan has him playing the remainder of preseason.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #65: Jul 22, 2013 10:58:56 pm
       Agree with Scott here. The kid can obviously play, but he's going to need to find a way of getting himself into games. Although he's right footed he reminds me a little bit of Ray Kennedy, if he can be 1/2 player Ray was he'll do for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Jul 22, 2013 11:05:03 pm
      I agree completely, £6 mill for Jonjo wasn't bad business and I also think he gave the ball away too much, particularly the way BR wants us to play. However, a bit of pace and power certainly comes in handy in this league. You don't have to have it, you only have to look at someone like David Silva BUt i'm not sure Alberto is mush of a dribbler. Looks like a very pure passer, decent shot and great at set pieces.

Total agreement that pace and power is needed. I've always wanted a sort of Vieira/Yaya Toure type player in the DM position. That would be perfect for us. I adore Lucas but I'm in two minds whether he can be as effective for us under Brendan as he was under Kenny, Roy and Rafa.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #67: Jul 23, 2013 12:54:55 am
      Total agreement that pace and power is needed. I've always wanted a sort of Vieira/Yaya Toure type player in the DM position. That would be perfect for us. I adore Lucas but I'm in two minds whether he can be as effective for us under Brendan as he was under Kenny, Roy and Rafa.

Why? The manager employs a sitting midfielder whose job is to start the move with quick short passes to the creative links. Lucas is ideal at it. If anything the Yaya would play next to Lucas in his system. I think Lucas is ideal for the manager and its why he was signed to an extension.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #68: Jul 23, 2013 02:06:58 am
      I'm being ballsy here but I think he will turn out some of our best business we've done for a while. Not sure what it is tbh, just something tells me when he gets to grips with the pace and power of the Premier League he will be very important to the way Brendan wants to play.

Quick Reply