Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57313 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #276: Jan 26, 2015 12:00:32 pm
      i just hope he's not the new SUSO bags of potential but never gets a look in. if players are not going to get game time then dont hold onto them just in case. sell them on and buy players who can walk into the side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #277: Jan 26, 2015 02:08:12 pm
      i just hope he's not the new SUSO bags of potential but never gets a look in. if players are not going to get game time then dont hold onto them just in case. sell them on and buy players who can walk into the side.

I feel he's the weakest attacking player we have out of our U21 players. I genuinely feel Wilson, Canos, Kent, Ojo, Ibe & Markovic are better potential. I don't even know where Alberto will fit in when he returns. I think we should just offload him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #278: Jan 26, 2015 02:31:24 pm
      I dont see him coming back, with Raheem, Coutinho, lallana and Marko well ahead of him, he is not even a regular for Malaga.

A strange signing a bit like Assaidi.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #279: Jan 26, 2015 02:53:09 pm
      He's been doing alright at Malaga, when he's had a chance but it did him no good whatsoever sitting out the majority of last season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #280: Jan 26, 2015 10:05:54 pm
      He's been doing alright at Malaga, when he's had a chance but it did him no good whatsoever sitting out the majority of last season.

I watched the first 35 minutes of thier game against Bilbao purely with the intent to watch Luis seeing that he was in the starting line up.

In saying that he flattered to deceive had about 2-3 touches on the ball and rarely got into a good position to receive posession. He played the AM role and struggled from what I saw not quite sure what his "best" position is my understanding is he was brought in as an attacking midfielder but then Brendan deployed him quite deep during pre season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #281: Jan 26, 2015 11:23:30 pm
      A strange signing a bit like Assaidi.

Just a shame I doubt we will at least make a profit on him. Waste of money that could have been better spent.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #282: Jan 27, 2015 02:08:05 pm
      I watched the first 35 minutes of thier game against Bilbao purely with the intent to watch Luis seeing that he was in the starting line up.

In saying that he flattered to deceive had about 2-3 touches on the ball and rarely got into a good position to receive posession. He played the AM role and struggled from what I saw not quite sure what his "best" position is my understanding is he was brought in as an attacking midfielder but then Brendan deployed him quite deep during pre season.

I think #10 is his best role for now. He has played well coming off the bench a few times, but nothing really special about him. Good ball playing midfielder (aren't all Spanish attacking midfielders good on the ball in comparison to British players?) but seems like a below average player. I think he'll be a mid to lower standard la liga player.

Compare him to Teixeira and Suso (around the same age) who are both far far superior (from what I've seen) and you have to question why we spent £7m on him.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #283: Jan 27, 2015 04:44:29 pm
      seems like yet another waste of talent or money he looks like he could become a decent little player but at the 7-8mil we paid will he get to prove that or will we end up selling him on for like 4mil. he surly cant be loaned out yet again. we need to start buying established players if we can afford it and not always look for the future option.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #284: Feb 10, 2015 07:53:24 am
      I completely forgot this player. Where is he now? I really thought he was a promising talent.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #285: Feb 10, 2015 11:53:36 am
      I completely forgot this player. Where is he now? I really thought he was a promising talent.
      Malaga in spain mate
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #286: Feb 10, 2015 01:05:36 pm
      I think #10 is his best role for now. He has played well coming off the bench a few times, but nothing really special about him. Good ball playing midfielder (aren't all Spanish attacking midfielders good on the ball in comparison to British players?) but seems like a below average player. I think he'll be a mid to lower standard la liga player.

Compare him to Teixeira and Suso (around the same age) who are both far far superior (from what I've seen) and you have to question why we spent £7m on him.

Suso might be better, but Teixera is almost certainly not. Alberto is a squad player for a team which is in 7th place in La Liga (and very conceivably higher) whereas Teixera is a squad player for a team struggling to avoid relegation in the championship.

I'm reasonably confident we will get our money back on Alberto. If nothing else, he is a very strong set piece taker which means he will always be in demand.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #287: Feb 10, 2015 04:36:16 pm
      we wont see him next seaon he will be sold to malaga i think for around 5-7mil
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #288: Feb 10, 2015 04:56:32 pm
      When I think of our midfield, I don't think of him as someone who could improve it.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Luis Alberto
      Reply #289: Apr 17, 2015 02:40:11 pm
      Hows the lad getting on on load he started off well but seems to have gone quiet. do you think he will come back as an extra player in the middle of the park or will he be sold. Just odd that we paid so much for a kid to just get rid after one season and move on
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #290: Apr 19, 2015 04:33:56 am
      he might get a shot with Teixeira out, we know that Tex was in the gaffers initial plans to get a shot pre-season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #291: Jun 20, 2015 04:17:23 pm
      Luis Alberto will head back to Anfield after a two-year loan deal with Malaga was ended halfway through.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/68m-midfielder-returning-to-liverpool-9493972
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #292: Jun 20, 2015 04:39:23 pm
      Not surprised, he barely played.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #293: Jun 20, 2015 05:16:29 pm
      Completely forgot we had him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #294: Jun 20, 2015 06:29:21 pm
      Erm no thanks. No thanks.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #295: Jun 20, 2015 06:38:35 pm
      Went on loan and started just 8 games, another 10 as sub, hardly going to develop given those limited chances. Looks like one that we'll either ship out for a minimal fee or his contract will just run down.

Very odd signing, ranks up there with Assaidi and Aspas.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #296: Jun 20, 2015 06:45:00 pm
      What a terrible player - he barely worked his socks off, and to top it all off, got banned from driving after drink driving in Merseyside. An obvious fool that lacks discipline. Thanks to us spending £8 million on him, we're stuck with him for a very long time now, yet more dead wood in the squad.

Fucks sake, what a waste.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #297: Jun 20, 2015 07:02:16 pm
      Went on loan and started just 8 games, another 10 as sub, hardly going to develop given those limited chances. Looks like one that we'll either ship out for a minimal fee or his contract will just run down.

Very odd signing, ranks up there with Assaidi and Aspas.

Typical money ball signing he looked very good for barca's B team the season before we signed him so it was a high "potential" relatively low financial risk signing. But like the majority this one hasn't worked out either.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #298: Jun 20, 2015 08:56:13 pm
      Brendan special this. Atleast send him to a team he is guarenteed starting with.

Bren you have a 1/10 at best eye for quality.

Must improve

Quick Reply