Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57619 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #299: Jun 20, 2015 09:07:07 pm
      Brendan special this. Atleast send him to a team he is guarenteed starting with.

Bren you have a 1/10 at best eye for quality.

Must improve

I doubt very much he was a Rodgers signing, more like a TC punt on hoping he came good to sell for a profit.
      Rodgers tends to prefer the Premier league for his acquisitions.

Unfortunately we are pretty sh*t at these £5-10M punts.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #300: Jun 20, 2015 09:17:10 pm
      sell him to tranmere rovers, if they'll take him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #301: Jul 05, 2015 07:25:15 pm
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #302: Jul 05, 2015 07:40:38 pm
      another loan

we spend money and good money on players that spend more time on loan than they do playing for us.

Alberto
      Coates
      Llori

we buy them, realise that they're not good enough straight away, then send them on loan and let their contract run down.

Who does our homework on these players? I could do a better job
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #303: Jul 05, 2015 07:57:44 pm
      another loan

we spend money and good money on players that spend more time on loan than they do playing for us.

Alberto
      Coates
      Llori

we buy them, realise that they're not good enough straight away, then send them on loan and let their contract run down.

Who does our homework on these players? I could do a better job

In fairness I think the club are starting to learn from these mistakes judging by our signings this Summer so far.

All young players are gambles, however we were spending far to much on potential. I think Markovic will be the last big money young player signing we will see for some time. 
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #304: Jul 05, 2015 08:50:26 pm
      What an abject waste of £8 million - whoever in the transfer committee thought this was a good idea needs to be shot. Just think of all the squad players we've had over the years, and how little of them have ever contributed ANYTHING to the club. Add up all the squad players brought in, and there you have an eye watering sum of money thrown away.

And if only we had a decent youth system so these mistakes wouldn't be made. They may be little mistakes individually, but adding together all the squad players who have come and gone and the little success they have given us all amounts to one massive mistake of which we are paying for.

As for Alberto, a complete unprofessional fud who didn't deserve to wear the shirt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #305: Jul 06, 2015 07:55:34 am
      Luis Alberto is expected to complete a move to La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna today, having undergone a medical with the Galicians.

Cost £6m when signed from Sevilla in 2013, but just didn't make it at Anfield. We are still looking to establish whether it is a loan deal or a permanent move, but we were told it was a loan last week.

Another punt on a young spanish player, not quite worked out for both.

Shame, as I always thought he had a nice touch etc.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #306: Jul 06, 2015 09:57:19 am
      Sadly, for us football fans, he's just another example of false economy as FSG try to be 'clever and prudent' with money, when it comes to the team. However, he won't show up as much of a loss on the books and as that has been the driving force behind this type of signing, FSG investors [and fans] won't be too upset that Alberto failed here.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #307: Jul 06, 2015 10:20:06 am
      How can he be loaned again. His contract will run out and he'll leave on a free! 8million wasted
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #308: Jul 06, 2015 10:38:37 am
      How can he be loaned again. His contract will run out and he'll leave on a free! 8million wasted

Signed till 2017 so we'll get a fee for him next summer mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #309: Jul 06, 2015 12:01:45 pm
      Doubt we will get back anything like what we paid for him similar to Aspas.

Got to agree with BBB it's the risk involved in mid level player punts, sometimes they pay off like Couts and Studge.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #310: Jul 06, 2015 12:37:33 pm
      We paid £6 mill for him, was couthino not a similiar fee?

You win some you lose some folks. Not every signing is a hit, it has always been that way, the only difference now, is squads are bigger and the media is bigger, so you hear a lot more stuff and a lot more players move around.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #311: Jul 06, 2015 12:38:08 pm
      Doubt we will get back anything like what we paid for him similar to Aspas.

Got to agree with BBB it's the risk involved in mid level player punts, sometimes they pay off like Couts and Studge.

We don't need to for him to show a profit mate.  £6.8m over a 5yr contract works out at £1.36m per year so if we sell him for £2m next summer we've made a profit  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #312: Jul 06, 2015 02:08:35 pm
      it's the risk involved in mid level player punts, sometimes they pay off like Couts and Studge.
      Both very talented lads, that's for sure but the thing is: whilst their ability would have remained the same, if they were priced at say, £22m a piece; would we have signed them at that price? Would we even have been interested? Think about it.  ;)

Therein lies the real issue - we have been taking a "punt" based on cost [a boffin's idea of value for money] rather than ability.

We don't need to for him to show a profit mate.
      Exactly Debs  ;)

As for the need to show a profit... that's something us football fans don't need debs; we only need him (like every other player) to 'show' on the pitch - irrespective of price. He (or anyone else) doesn't do that and he's not worth a flying F**k, if we're being brutally honest.  >:D

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2015 02:23:05 pm by bad boy bubby »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #313: Jul 06, 2015 02:25:41 pm
      Exactly Debs  ;)

As for the need to show a profit... that's something us football fans don't need debs; we only need him (like every other player) to 'show' on the pitch - irrespective of price. He (or anyone else) doesn't do that and he's not worth a flying F**k, if we're being brutally honest.  >:D

I agree mate.  Every player we sign should be signed with a view to improving our starting 11 at some point.  Not all of them will, as the stats show, especially when buying in that price range, at that age and with the amount of senior experience they have but it doesn't mean we shouldn't buy them or make out that we've lost money on them when they aren't a success.

For all the criticism of our transfer policy over the last 5 years, we've had a better success rate (both financially and playing wise) with the cheaper punts than we have with our £20m plus signings, with the exception of Luis of course. 

Anyway, good luck to Alberto for the coming season as he needs to get his career back on track.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #314: Jul 06, 2015 03:03:17 pm
      For all the criticism of our transfer policy over the last 5 years, we've had a better success rate (both financially and playing wise) with the cheaper punts than we have with our £20m plus signings, with the exception of Luis of course.
      Hmm... although I see where you're coming from, I wouldn't be too sure on that debs.

I'm thinking that (although it's down to personal opinion of course) none of the, post DoF, "cheaper punts" - Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Allen, Aspas, Ilori, Assaidi, Yessil or Mignolet have shown too much or genuinely improved our starting XI - for example. Although I will concede that, to date, Sturridge, Coutinho definitely have and others might.

I'd also argue that, with 'inflation' and relative price hikes that the likes of Markovic and Lovren are really just mid-priced players [certainly not top quality].

I'm also going to be very biased here but of our other £20m+ signings... I'd take Lallana, Downing and Carroll, all day every day if I could have one Suarez thrown in.  ;D

Like I say: it's all down to opinion.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #315: Jul 06, 2015 03:11:48 pm
      Hmm... although I see where you're coming from, I wouldn't be too sure on that debs.

I'm thinking that (although it's down to personal opinion of course) none of the, post DoF, "cheaper punts" - Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Allen, Aspas, Ilori, Assaidi, Yessil or Mignolet have shown too much or genuinely improved our starting XI - for example. Although I will concede that, to date, Sturridge, Coutinho definitely have and others might.

I'd also argue that, with 'inflation' and relative price hikes that the likes of Markovic and Lovren are really just mid-priced players [certainly not top quality].

I'm also going to be very biased here but of our other £20m+ signings... I'd take Lallana, Downing and Carroll, all day every day if I could have one Suarez thrown in.  ;D

Like I say: it's all down to opinion.

I guess it depends on how you view those signings though mate so as you say mate it's all about opinions.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #316: Jul 06, 2015 03:40:51 pm
      why another loan we should have pressed for a small fee just to get rid. as long as there paying his wages in full i suppose its not the end of the world but what a waste of money he has been :mad:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #317: Jul 06, 2015 06:08:40 pm
      Still think he's a very tidy wee footballer who maybe just isn't suited to the English league.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #318: Jul 06, 2015 07:03:44 pm
      Still think he's a very tidy wee footballer who maybe just isn't suited to the English league.

Agreed Si.  He certainly has the technique just not the brawn.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #319: Jul 06, 2015 09:29:33 pm

Maybe I'm a bit harsh on the lad but I genuinely don't see what's stopping him from putting in some extra time in the gym and bulking up a bit. If I went from playing in the Spanish Second Division and not getting a look in at Sevilla to playing for Liverpool Football Club I'd be doing everything possible to iron out any deficiency in my game. He's been a Liverpool player for over 700 days now, He spends an hour or two a day for about 5 or so days a week on building muscle mass and he could have come a long way.

It just seems to me that he's content with being a "very tidy wee footballer" and nothing more. And if he's content being what he is then he's of absolutely no use to us. Let's not forget Ronaldo was also very slight when he joined the Mancs but he was willing to put that extra work in. And I believe ultimately that's the difference between the Quaresmas and the Ronaldos of the world, the Albertos and the Coutinhos. It's not just how talented you are but how badly you want it. Hopefully we get a decent fee for him after this loan deal and we can finally wash our hands of him.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #320: Jul 07, 2015 12:15:23 pm
      its confirmed
      Luis Alberto leaves Liverpool for loan at Deportivo La Coruna
      http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2514682/luis-alberto-leaves-liverpool-for-loan-at-deportivo

lets hope he has a good season there
       next summer he will have 1year left in his contract( if I am not mistaken)

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #321: Jul 07, 2015 12:26:42 pm
      Good luck to him.

Quick Reply